Reconcile

My First Heartbreak....or My First Love?

Few days later, Yoseob is already back to his usual cheerful side. He’s never cry anymore, he has even prepared if suddenly there’s news about Junhyung and Hyunseung’s dating. He has felt a lot better since the-rooftop-event with Doojoon. Yoseob insists that it isn’t because of the hug, but because of Doojoon who want to listening to his story instead. He also can’t deny that that event at the rooftop has made them a lot closer and have a big role in made him forget about his problem. Well, why do Yoseob couldn’t forget his problem when Doojoon always bother him to play soccer with Doojoon, help Doojoon doing his homework, doing their assignment together *because they always end up in one group*, and so on. And occasionally, Yoseob’s heart will beat faster every time Doojoon is a little too close or every time Doojoon pats Yoseob’s head when Yoseob did a good job in soccer or every time Doojoon fall asleep on Yoseob’s shoulder when they did their homework until late or every time Doojoon’s doing presentation for their group assignment or- okay, maybe not occasionally, but almost everyday Doojoon can make Yoseob’s heart beat faster.

Not like a few days ago which Yoseob felt so lazy to go to campus, Yoseob is really can’t wait to go to campus recently. Maybe it’s also has something to do with certain guy with spiky hair and manly smile named Doojoon. Like today, Yoseob has arrived in campus since 10 minutes ago *whereas his class will just begin 15 minutes later*, so here he is, sitting on one of the bench at campus’ park. He’s sitting alone, like usual, because he still has not reconciled with his best friends. He still ignore his best friend every time they met. He can’t deny the fact that he also misses his best friend badly, but he still can’t forget how Kikwang’s behaviour against him.

Suddenly, there’re two figures who stand behind Yoseob and he already knew who it is from the shadow of it. He feels so lazy to meet these figure, so he started to gather his thing and want to goes away from there. But there’s a hand stopped him.

“Yah, Yoseob-ah. Where’d you go this time?” Kikwang’s hand doesn’t want to let Yoseob’s wrist go.

“What do you want? Let me go, I have class right now.”

“Stop it, Yang Yoseob! I know you don’t have any class now! So stop acting so childish and tell us what’s wrong with you?!” Kikwang rises his voice unintentionally. Yoseob still remains expressionless, he tries so hard to not flinch over Kikwang’s voice that suddenly rises.

“You ask me what’s wrong, Kikwang?” Yoseob smiles wryly, “Didn’t I the one who should ask you the same thing? What’s wrong with you, Kikwang-ah?”

“Me? Yah, I’m not the one who having grudge over something that-“

“YAH! STOP IT!” Hyunseung who remained quiet, finally couldn’t hide his anger any longer. He rises his voice and hold the two kids in front of him. “Now, let’s settle this quickly. Follow me, we need to talk in a quiet place. Not a public place like this.”

“Yah! Let me go! There’s nothing to talk about!” Yoseob shouted and tried to freeing his wrist from Hyunseung’s grip.

Hyunseung doesn’t even flinch, he still drag the two kids to the best place to talk about something serious like this, the rooftop. On the other hand, Kikwang just follows Hyunseung quietly because he knows how scary Hyunseung is if he has rised his voice.

 

--------------------

 

Finally they reaches rooftop in no time. When they arrived at the edge of rooftop, Hyunseung finally releases Kikwang and Yoseob’s hand. Yoseob immediately folded his arms across his chest and frowned deeply as Kikwang just stand still and put his hand into his pant’s pocket.

“Okay, now who’s the one who want to started reveals his problem first?” Hyunseung look at the two kids in front of him back and forth. Kikwang just looked away and Yoseob still frowned, he looks like doesn’t want to talk anytime soon.

“For your info, I also has some problem with you, Hyunseung-ah.” Yoseob finally breaks the silence.

“Me? What have I done?” Hyunseung widened his eyes, couldn’t believe with what he just heard.

“Yah! Don’t drag Hyunseung here, Yoseob-ah. I know you only hate me.” Kikwang rolled his eyes.

“No, I really have reasons about why I hate both of you.” Yoseob states matter-of-factly.

“Really? Is it has something to do with Junhyung?”

“Junhyung? Why does he suddenly appeared in our conversation?” Hyunseung asked bewildered.

“Well, our little Yoseobie is falling in love with-“

“STOP IT KIKWANG! You are not entitled to told Hyunseung anything. Don’t you even remember it’s my secret which we’re talking about?” Yoseob smiles wryly, “Woah you really can’t keep a secret, right? You’re really something, Kikwang-ah. You make me told you my very big secret, you also tease me and Hyunseung about Junhyung at the same time, and now you want to told Hyunseung about my secret without my permission. Woah, good job, Kikwang-ah!” Yoseob started give Kikwang applause while Kikwang just look at Yoseob with face full of confusion and anger.

“Wait, wait. What’re you talking about? I tease you and Hyunseung at the same time? When did I do that?”

“tsk, You don’t remember? You always tease me and encourage me to have a chat with Junhyung and recently I just found out that you also tease me Hyunseung about the same thing. I-I-I really feel like a fool, you know… I thought I have a chance despite of his feeling toward Hyunseung...” Yoseob’s tears finally rolled down his cheek. He buried his face in his palms.

“Yoseob-ah…” Kikwang doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know that he has hurted his best friend so badly. He just doesn’t want to make Yoseob’s heart broken so he encourages Yoseob and teases him all this time. “Yah, I’m sorry, Yoseob-ah.. I’m really really sorry.. I just want to make my two best friends happy. I kept teasing Hyunseung because his reaction every time I did that is so funny, his face always goes redder because we know he is a shy person. And I kept teasing you because you seems so happy and cheerful every time I did that. I don’t know you hate me who being like that. I thought- I just want you to happy, and I saw you very happy every time I encourage you to got closer with Junhyung, so-“

“But I’m not happy if you lie to me, Kikwang-ah.” Yoseob said with his tears still flowed freely.

“I’m not-“

“Yes, you are, Kikwang-ah. You don’t tell me that Hyunseung also know about Junhyung’s feeling toward him. I felt so betrayed when I knew about all of these facts. I felt so betrayed and felt like…you laugh at my feeling behind me..”

“Aaaw, you know it’s not like that, Yoseob-ah..” Kikwang pouted. “I’ve never laugh at you. I just- I don’t know how to told you about Hyunseung.. I felt it has nothing to do with you. I felt you still have a chance with Junhyung because we all know Hyunseung has Jiyong. And I also know Hyunseung don’t even have any little feeling toward Junhyung. So, I still encourage you and support you wholeheartedly..”

Hyunseung who listening to their conversation, just remained silent. There’re too much new facts which he just knows. ‘Yoseob likes Junhyung? Why do they don’t tell me anything? And Kikwang turned out never told Yoseob about me who already know Junhyung’s feeling. Woah, it’s so complicated..’

“But,” Yoseob said while wiping his tears, “Hyunseung already break up with Jiyong.. So, why do you still support me? You supposed to know since then I already didn’t have any chance, right?”

“I just knew about that news recently, Yoseob-ah. I swear. I don’t know anything at first because Hyunseung doesn’t told me anything.” Kikwang turned to Hyunseung with sad eyes, “You know, the brokenhearted usually need time for himself before told anyone about the sad event that he experienced.”

“No, Kikwang-ah, I already knew I don’t even have any slightest chance since I saw Hyunseung with Junhyung together at campus’ park a few days ago..”

“What? Hyuseung and Junhyung was together at campus’ park a few days ago?” Kikwang repeated Yoseob’s word as he turned to Hyunseung with wondering eyes and his hands on his hips. He feels like he also need some explanation from Hyunseung.

“Wait, wait. It isn’t like what you guys think.” Hyunseung said panicky with his two hands in front of him, looks like protect himself. “The truth is like this, listen to me, okay? When I just broke up with Jiyong, I ran while crying like there's no tomorrow.. And I also don’t know why, my feet, turns out, brought me to campus’ park. I kept walking until I reached one of the biggest tree there. I immediately sat there and folded my feet. I buried my face on it because I don’t want anyone saw me crying. I just want to be alone at that time, so I didn’t call any of you. And about Junhyung… Initially, I didn’t realize he was there beside me. I just knew there’s other person beside me after that person started to pat my head soothingly. And after some time I have calmed down, I lifted my head to see who it was. Turns out it was Junhyung. He looked at me with full of worry while I just widened my eyes because I couldn’t believe…why is it him who came and comfort me? After that, he just asked me what’s happened and I kept shook my head because, well, he’s still a stranger for me, right? And mostly we just stayed silent because I still didn’t have any mood to talk with anyone. When it’s almost night, he offered himself to drove me home, but I, of course, rejected it. He kept offered me over and over until I tired and gave up. So..he drove me home.. BUT, I swear I’ve never had talked with him again since then.” Hyunseung tried to not sound too disappointed when he said the last sentence.

“Awww, so it’s like that… Sorry Hyunseung I ignore you for no clear reason…” Yoseob hugs Hyunseung tightly. “I supposed to understand you at that time because, well, I know really well how it feels like when our heart broken.” Yoseob chuckled to himself.

“Hahaha it’s okay, Yoseob-ah. It’s also my fault to not realized your feeling toward Junhyung. As your best friend, I supposed to realized it since the beginning, right?” Hyunseung hugs Yoseob tighter because he feels so happy everything’s finally back to normal.

“Okay, okay, enough for the drama, guys.” Kikwang said while he's trying to break Yoseob and Hyunseung’s hug. “So, everything’s clear, right?” Kikwang looked at them back and forth. After receives nods from both of them, he continues, “Yeaay!! Finally we can go together to the ice cream parlor near Yoseob’s house again!!”

“Babo, that’s the only things you think right now, huh?” They laugh together happily.

 

Finally everything’s back to normal. Yoseob feels so relieved because finally his problems are settled. But suddenly Kikwang’s laughter is stop and his face becoming serious again.

“But..wait,” Yoseob and Hyunseung also stop laughing because of Kikwang’s sudden words. “Err, Yoseob-ah, do you still want to got closer with Junhyung or-“

“No, no, it’s fine. I have tried to forget him. Initially, it’s still so hard and sometimes I still feel sad when I saw him. But, it’s okay. I don’t know since when, but I’ve forgot him and I don’t even care with his existence anymore hehe.” Yoseob said while scratching his neck.

“Really?” Kikwang widened his eyes, “Don’t you have fallen head over heels for Junhyung? I still remember how you could become so jumpy when his scent just around us.”

“Haha I don’t know, Kikwang-ah~ I just really don’t care with Junhyung anymore. My heart isn’t even beat faster anymore every time I saw him. Well, my heart beat faster for other people instead..” Yoseob whsipered the last sentence as he looks down trying to hide his face which, of course, goes redder.

“You said something? I can’t hear you, Yoseob-ah.” Kikwang asking him as he raised his eyebrows confusedly.

“Ah, nothing~” Yoseob said cheerfully trying to make Kikwang forgot his words.

“Hmm, you know what? People said you only can heal a brokenheart with two things.” Hyunseung suddenly spoke while raising his two fingers.

Yoseob and Kikwang turned to Hyunseung and raised their eyebrows as if encouraging Hyunseung to talk further.

“The first is time. As time goes by, you can certainly forget him, right?” Hyunseung raised his eyebrows as he looked at his best friends. They just make an ‘O’ with their mouth and nodded simultaneously because they also just realized this little fact. “But there’s also some people who don’t need time to heal their heart. It’s because they have found the second things.”

“And that is..?” Kikwang couldn’t hide his curiosity any longer.

“That is… a new love.” Hyunseung said while a smile is blooming on his face.

“A new love?” Yoseob and Kikwang asked simultaneously.

Suddenly, there’s sound from the rooftop’s door knob which signals them that there’s another people who will come to the rooftop. When the door’s finally opened, the person who come in didn’t realize about Yoseob, Hyunseung, and Kikwang’s existence. This person just realize it after he closed the door and turned around. This person's face suddenly brighten because his eyes caught a figure whom he has missed, despite they just met yesterday.

“OH, Hi, Yoseob-ah!!! Woah it’s truly a coincidental we can meet here again, right?” Doojoon said while smiling brightly till his eyes form half crescent

“Doojoon-ah…” Yoseob spoke in a small voice while raising his eyebrows. *Thump..Thump…Thump..* And that's Yoseob’s heart's sound which beat faster every time he hears Doojoon’s voice, like usual..

 

--------------------

 

A/N : Here it’s my update~ Sorry if it contained too much conversation… And don’t you think the story’s progress is too slow..? *please leave your comment and share your thought ><

Please wait for the next chapter~ It may contain dooseob’s moment again because Doojoon and Yoseob started to realized their feeling toward each other ^^

Don’t forget to comment! I like to reading your comment hehe. Okay, see you guysss!!!