Stalling/Scared

Tough Love

 

 

Sunghee's pov

He wants to talk to me about mom...? 

"O-oh. Okay appa. I'll be home soon." We said good-bye before hanging up. "Why does he suddenly want to talk about mom?" I wondered. "Should I feel happy or sad?" I questioned, looking at the sky. 

"If anything, I'm nervous. Happy or upset, I'm nervous." I paused and looked at the poster of a happy family having a picnic at the park. I sighed, wanting to know how it feels to have a loving family growing up and being happy with both parents in my life. 

But I didn't get that.

I thought about how my mother could actually be that lady. If she was...then what?

How would I greet her? What would be the first thing I say to her after finding out she's my real mother?

Uh...hey mom. Nice seeing you after like 15 years. How's it going with you?

Okay. So let me not say that to her. 

I finally got home and walked inside to see my father on the couch with a serious face. It looks like he hasn't noticed me walking in yet.

"Appa?" I knocked on the wall to get his attention. His eyes widen a bit, not liking how I actually got home quicker than he thought. 

So I'm guessing he's not comfortable with this topic either.

"Sunghee-yah. Sit down." He motioned for me to sit in the seat in front of him. "Neh." I quickly sat down.

"Ahem..." He cleared his throat. Then...

Nothing.

NOTHING. AT. ALL.

What the...

*Silence*

DAD SAY SOMETHING

He darts his eyes somewhere else, avoiding my eyes. Which, of course, made it more awkward.

So are we gonna talk about this woman or what...

I puffed my cheeks due to...well nothing.

After 10 minutes, he still didn't say anything.

SAY SOMETHING OLD MAN

 

My father looked at me wided-eyed. "So...I'm guessing I said that out loud." I awkwardly chuckled. "Yes sweetie...you did." He nodded, slightly offended.

"Da-" He cut me off. "Sweetie, I know it's hard for me to talk about your mother. If you want to know about her, then I shouldn't be keeping things about her from you. I love you too much and I guess I'm afraid that if you find out about her, then you'll leave me for her and I don't want that." Appa spoke really fast due to his nervousness.

"Baby girl, I lost you once and I'm not about to lose you again. But then if that's what would make you happy, then I guess I would have to face the fact that you would want to be with your mother rather than me. An-" I cut him off before he has a panic attack.

"Daddy! Calm down!" I hurried and sat next to him. "I think I'd have to know about mom before I leave you~" I joked, hoping to ease the tension. He smiled after realizing that I was joking to lighten up the atmosphere a bit.

"You do, don't you?" He ruffled my hair before sighing. "Sweetie to be honest I don't know if you've noticed me being all weird for the past week, but I'm scared." He avoided looking at me.

"Trust me dad. I've noticed." I heard him chuckle quietly. "But dad, you have nothing to be afraid of." I assured him.

When he didn't reply, I continued. "Daddy, you know I love you. I am happy, with you. Of course I want to know about mom, but dad it's normal for kids in these kinds of situation to get curious." I hugged his arm, hoping to get a response from him.

"I guess you're right." He finally answered after a while. 

It was silent after that. Me and my father just sat in the living room in the quiet, thinking.

"Daddy?" I spoke up, getting a 'hmm?' in return. "I'm scared too..." Finally telling my father about how I felt about this situation.

"I...don't know how I feel about knowing mom." I spoke slowly, trying to understand my own words as I go. "The only thing I know is that she left you daddy." I looked at his face for a bit and laid my head against his arm.

"She hurt you daddy..." I felt my father kiss the top of my head.

"She...left me too." I said after a while. 

It was getting late and appa had to go get the boys from practice. 

"Daddy?" I called out once more before he left to get the guys. "Yes sweetie?" He looked at me curiously.

"Let's...talk about mom when I'm ready." I paused. "When we're both ready." I faintly smiled.

"Okay kiddo. I understand." He nodded. "Well go wash up and head to bed. It's getting late and don't wait up!" He pointed at me accusingly, knowing that everytime he tells me not to, I do it anyway.

But I decided to listen this time since it's been a pretty long day. "Arraso old man." I teased. He playfully glared at me. "I'm not old." He stuck his tongue out at me. 

"Yeah yeah~" I smiled. "Well get going daddy." I pushed him out the door of the dorm. "Bye byeeee~" I waved and gave him my best eye smile.

"Night sweetie." He kissed the top of my head and left.

Night dad

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hey guys! Finally updated after...yeah. Mah bad.

Anyway, I hope that you guys enjoyed this update. Writer's block so I'm not sure if you guys like it. :/

Buuuuuuuuut I wanna ask y'all a question.

What's your favorite part in the story? It can be from this story and 'Our Manager's Daughter'.  Just curious.

Hope you guys enjoyed the update!