I figured out an ending

Agyrophobia

The story on chapter one wasn't eligable for the writing contest because it was way too long. So I redid it and this one is the one I am submitting

 

 What normal people thought of as a solid gray ground with white lines that led their vehicles to their destination was a cold scarlet death trap for Minseok. The aching pulse that pounded through his petite body whenever he stepped near the fresh gravel was unbearable. The memories came flooding back when he got too close. It hadn’t always been like that, his fear of crossing the street. It was a tragic rainy day that still constantly rang in his mind, the day he’d lost his best friend.

May 17th, 2012

“Luhan I’m bored,” Minseok began as both he and Luhan, his best friend of 12 years, sat on the green couch in the middle of his apartment; barely watching the idiotic movie that was on the screen. “Let’s play soccer.”

“But it’s raining…” Luhan trailed off...It wasn’t a terrible idea. Soccer in the rain did sound more exciting than watching television. The two had played soccer in the rain on multiple occasions. They learned that playing in inclimate weather was more exciting than in basic sunny weather. Sunny was over-rated. The rain made it harder to dribble down the wet slippery field, which made making a goal even more difficult than it already was. Whoever won by the end of the game was clearly the best player, and it was always Luhan who had won unless he purposely lost just so his friend could feel better. Sometimes he’d rather have Minseok smiley and bragging than upset and pouty. Lastly, they’d both celebrate over soup from the shop below Minseok’s apartment for the soon to come colds they were going to have. “Let’s go.”

Minseok hopped off the couch with a smile, heading over to the closet for his cleats, jacket, and soccer ball. Luhan trailed behind him also getting what he needed for their sudden outing. They were ready in 7 minutes, record time.

The first step outside and they were both greeted with cold heavy drops of rain trickling through their locks of hair and the fresh smell of rain enticing their nostrils.

“Do you want to race to the end of the street?” Luhan asked Minseok who was already soaked from the rain, breath visible from the chilly weather.

“What are you 5? We haven’t raced since we were 11 years old,” Minseok joked.

“I’m 5 at heart; you’re just afraid because you know that you’re going to lose,” Luhan stuck out his tongue just to tick the latter off.

“I know for a fact that I’d win if we raced.”

“Would not.”

“Would to.”

“Would not.”

“Ready, Set…” Minseok challenged. He wasn’t about to be called a loser so suddenly, “Go.”

Luhan and Minseok took off running down the street. The cold wind and rain smacking them softly on the face and rain drops getting in their eyes. Minseok had been in the lead, his short legs picking up a faster pace than Luhan’s but that didn’t mean Luhan wasn’t right behind him, because he was.

Heart rates skyrocketing up to a pace that left the taste of metal in their mouths as they approached the end of the block, Minseok still in the lead. That was until Luhan reached his hand out and pulled on the hood of Minseok’s gray sweater with a  force so strong that Minseok actually stumbled. Luhan’s cheating ways made him reach the end of the block first. He had won.

“Ha! I told you I would win!” Luhan cheered in victory. Minseok came a short time after outraged by his best friends antics.

“You cheated!” Minseok screamed as he pushed Luhan. What was supposed to be a light push ended up being a powerful shove that sent Luhan wobbling into the street to regain his balance. The timing of the push couldn’t have been any more unlucky than it already was...the sound of someone’s foot slamming on the brakes rang through Minseok’s ears. As if time slowed down Minseok watched in horror as Luhan stood in the middle of the street stunned as a blue Toyota Tundra hydroplaned in his direction. The last glance he could make of his best friend still alive was the single tear rolling down Luhan’s cheek when the car was just centimeters away.

The blare of the crash shattered his ear drums.

Still in shock, Minseok ran over to the accident, his best friend completely mangled and deformed under the metal beast. Blood withdrawing from his cold blue lifeless body by the gallons. He tried to wake Luhan up but the younger remained inert, chest not even rising. He was gone.

Minseok wasn’t able to grasp that fact. The more he shouted for Luhan to wake up, the more reality hit him and shouted at him, screaming Luhan was never coming back. He was blinded from all the tears, his vision too blurry to look at Luhan’s body. A masculine pair of hands belonging to a police officer dragged him away.

He tried to fight back, refusing to leave his best friend but the officers force was too great. Red and blue was the only thing that beamed in his eyes, his heart beat drowning out the ambulance sirens.

Reality came crashing down when he realized he lost his best friend.

March 10th, 2013 [Present Day]

What normal people thought of as a solid gray ground with white lines that led their vehicles to their destination was a cold scarlet death trap for Minseok. The aching pulse that pounded through his petite body whenever he stepped near the fresh gravel was unbearable. Not that it hurt or anything but it did go against his probation. With a smirk Minseok watched the ankle bracelet flash its bright red lights repeatedly.

May 25th 2012

“Confess!” A middle aged police officer screamed in Minseok’s ear. Minseok didn’t flinch because this had been going on for the past 5 days, the switch up between good cop and bad cop. He sat quietly in the interrogation room, the one and only source of light beaming right into his eyes as he looked away from the officer. “You know you’re guilty!”

“I already told you I didn’t kill him! His death was accidental!” Minseok screamed back. He was getting tired of having to go back and forth from home to the police station.

“Things aren’t adding up Mr.Kim. Our forensic detectives looked into this accident and said that the push was too great for it to be an accident. You were upset with him before weren’t you? Why did you kill him?”

“I told you I didn’t kill him.”

“Yes you did,”

“Did not.”

“Did too,”

“Did not.”

“Did too,”

“Did not.”

“Did too,” The officer kept repeating. Minseok was thrown of the edge in annoyance as the Officer kept going. He felt his blood boiling, he tightened his jaw and clenched his fist. “Did too.”

“Enough!” Minseok yelled throwing the chair that was right next to him. “You know what? I did kill him! I pushed him into the street and the timing couldn’t have been any more perfect! That bastard was always better than me, at everything! Socially, Academically, and something that I love the most, Sports. My whole life I trained to become a soccer player, practicing for hours perfecting my dribbles and passes, constantly dieting to be the correct size to play, keeping my grades up so I could get into a good college with  great soccer program. Even after all the practice and training  Luhan was always better and I was envious. We both got accepted into the college of our dreams but it was him who got scouted by a man who worked for the national team. It wasn’t fair, that was supposed to be me!” Minseok screamed as tears went rushing down his cheeks. His legs gave out as he hit the floor and cried like a baby. He had killed his best friend, and he thought it was worth it.

“Kim Minseok you are under arrest.” The police officer pulled him up before cuffing the shorter male.

Present Day

What normal people thought of as a solid gray ground with white lines that led their vehicles to their destination was the location where Minseok forcefully pushed his best friend to his death. Whenever he got too close the memories would come flooding back. With a smile he would sit by the gravel and rewatch the memories like it were a movie, the day he had murdered his best friend.