Three

Love's Puzzle Pieces

I’m fast-forwarding abit .. 

 

-summary for the next three years-
-> all four got into and stayed in the same class for two years straight
-> sec 3, they got into the same form class, but had different schedules due to different subject combinations.
-> Donghae is going after Eunhyuk ! xD
-> Yesung and Ryeowook ... what the Hokkiens would call bobian [=> no change. xD ]. (: main reason is because Ryeowook expects guys to take the initiative. and Yesung has been brought up in a more conservative household = more shy to express his feelings etc.
but there is still the undeniable chemistry between them.
and they take the same second period Chemistry class on Mondays and Thursdays. (:

---

-Monday morning; Ryeowook overslept-

"Ah ." She'd missed first period Geography and a lecture on plate tectonics, not to mention she’d gotten a tardy for being late. She'd spent most of the night on the phone with Eunhyuk, who was about whether she should accept Donghae suggestion to "go out and have fun" next Friday. And even after she’d put down the phone she’d done some last-minute cramming for the sixth period Bio pop quiz, and had finally fallen asleep in the wee hours of the morning, her head buried in a pile of notes on molecular genetics. She’d slept right through the alarm and woke up to discover that first period had already started.

She fumbled with the keys to her locker. She had only five minutes left to get her Chemistry books and notes then dash up to the lecture lab room on the fourth floor. Somehow, she managed to isolate her locker key from her house keys and get it into the keyhole the right way up. Whilst rummaging for her things she’d turned her locker upside down, but she was past caring ... three more minutes.

Stuffing her notes into her bag, she grabbed her book and slammed the locker door and locked it, only to discover her History book lying on the floor staring up at her. Two more minutes.

Her shoelace came loose when she was on the third floor. One more minute.

"Ryeowook!" In her haste, she blindly tied a dead knot and glanced over her shoulder, gathering up her books on the floor at the same time.

"Yesung?" Her heart beat faster.

He climbed the remaining few stairs separating them and stood next to her. "Your shoelace is in a dead knot," he observed, picking up her stray papers and shooing away the little black beetle making its way across her textbook. Ryeowook glanced down and sighed. This was not a good day.

---

-Recess break-

"Goddamn."

Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow. It was rare for Ryeowook to use such a strong swear word.

"Still can’t get it undone?" There was a hint of laughter in her voice as she watched Ryeowook attempting to undo the dead knot which secured her shoelace.

"Yeah." Ryeowook sighed. "At this rate I’ll be wearing this damn thing to bed."

"Yo ladies," Donghae put his tray down and grinned around, his gaze lingering on Eunhyuk. “Decided yet, sweetheart?”

Eunhyuk glared at him. "I’m not your sweetheart, and I said I’d tell you this Thursday, didn’t I?"

"Ah, if you hesitate means part of you wants to go" Donghae winked. "No harm telling me straight out, honey."

Ryeowook had just given up and was reaching for the scissors when a shadow loomed over her.

"Still haven’t undone that?"

Ryeowook did not need to look up to know whom that voice belonged to. It was a sound she could never forget. Dropping her scissors, she sighed and looked up at him. She didn’t need to say anything. The eyes said it all.

"Let me try." To her surprise, he knelt down in front of her and began working the knot.

She held her breath, her female hormones all astir because of their close proximity; the fact that he was breathing on her leg didn’t help. Especially when she remembered that in her haste to get to school, she hadn’t shaved her legs that morning. However, she forgot all that when Yesung’s hand accidentally brushed against her leg. His hand lingered for a few seconds – then he moved away. Ryeowook let out her breath.

He stood up and dusted his hands. Their eyes met and he smiled at her. "There."

He’d even tied up her shoelace in a normal butterfly knot [A/N I don’t know what you call it ><] for her.

She smiled for the first time that day.

"Thanks."

----

About one fifth of the puzzle was in place. A brunette was visible.

================================================================

How this chapter? ingnore any spelling mistake or grammar error⍢