Chapter 2

That One Person

Still heated up from her lunch date with Jin, Jieun stomped inside the house. She could hear her mother washing the dishes and hoped that maybe if her mom was too busy doing the dishes she wouldn't care to acknowledge that her daughter arrived home earlier than when she was really supposed to.Slowly, Jieun tried to tip-toe upstairs, but was unsuccessful when there was a small creak coming from the step.

 

“Jieun is that you?” Jieun heard her mother's voice from the kitchen.

 

Jieun sighed with defeat, “Yes.”

 

“Come here, I need to talk to you!”

 

“Okay...” Reluctantly, Jieun dragged her feet to the kitchen preparing herself to be tackled by various questions of how her lunch date went with her older brother. In the kitchen, Jieun's mother had on her apron and gloves as she just finished doing the dishes. “Hi mom,” Jieun bitterly greeted.

 

“How was your lunch with Seokjin?” It almost slipped Jieun's mind that their mother still called Jin by her real name rather than his stage name. She remembered once before Jin debuted, he told his family that they could address him anyway they wanted and to Jieun she would have addressed in many ways, but her mother told her either Jin, Seokjin, or Oppa.

 

“It was... Uh... good?” The words that came out of Jieun seemed unbelievable, but she didn't want to tell her mom that she nearly berated Jin.

 

“So you only had lunch with him for ten minutes?” Jieun's mom said almost in a tone where it seemed like she knew what happened.

 

“Well, I wasn't really hungry, I have to keep in shape remember?”

 

“Jieun, don't lie to me, what did you say to Seokjin?”

 

“What do you mean what did I say to Seokjin? I didn't say anything to him,” Jieun's defensively said. “All I told him was that I didn't want to have lunch with him, besides we're both busy so why bother?”

 

“Jieun, he's your brother, can you please at least try to get along with him?”

 

“Why should I? He's my half-brother, that's nothing.” It was no surprise to Jieun that she was getting this lecture from her mother, who always had something to say to her about Jin. There conversations were always about Jin, whether it was trying to force Jieun to get along with Jin or how Jieun was always rude to Jin, they could never drop the topic.

 

“Jieun, I'm begging you to just try to get to know him,” Jieun's mom's voice started to sound wary from all the constant fighting.

 

“No, I have to go out.” Just like that, Jieun had a reason to get out of the house to avoid her mother and her step-father, who was rarely home in the first place.

 

 

Jin returned to the dorms and saw that all the other members were just sitting on the couch watching TV. They were watching their favorite anime, “Shingeki no Kyojin” or “Attack on Titan.”

 

When Jin slumped himself on the couch between Suga and V, he noticed that Jimin hadn't returned. “Where's Jimin?” Jin asked.

 

“I don't know, he's probably off crying somewhere,” Jungkook guessed. “How was lunch with...?”

 

“Jieun?” Jin finished.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“It was alright I guess,” Jin mumbled.

 

“To be honest you were only gone for like thirty minutes,” V told Jin. “Did you two not eat or something?”

 

“No, she wasn't hungry,” Jin tried to cover up the fact that he didn't actually have lunch with Jieun because of the fact that she didn't want to. Luckily for Jin, the others didn't bother asking anymore questions as they were all too occupied in their anime.

 

 

Instead of going back to the dorm, Jimin went to the coffee shop. Jimin liked the coffee shop because of the calm atmosphere and sometimes when he wasn't in the mood for his loud upbeat music, he liked hearing the soft jazz music being played in the background.

 

“I'll just have an ice coffee,” Jimin told the cashier. Reaching into his pocket, Jimin's face turned gray. His pocket was empty, he must have left his wallet back in the practice room when he left. “Actually-”

 

“I'll pay for his too.” Surprised, Jimin saw a petite girl, who looked vaguely familiar. Jieun reached into her wallet and gave the cashier enough money for both their drinks.

 

“Okay, so that will be one ice coffee and a chai latte?” the cashier said back to Jieun.

 

“Yes, that's correct,” Jieun replied. After the cashier handed her change back, Jieun stepped to the side to wait for her drink.

 

“Thank you,” Jimin said to her.

 

“No problem,” Jieun blankly said back.

 

“Hey, do I know you from somewhere?” Jimin asked.

 

Jieun turned to Jimin examining him for a brief minute. “No.”

 

“Are you sure? Isn't your name Jieun?”
 

“I don't feel obligated to answer that,” Jieun replied.

 

“I feel like I've seen you before, are you sure we haven't met before? I'm Jimin. Well you might actually know me I'm a member of Bangtan.”

 

Jieun cringed at hearing that. “I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't.”

 

“Oh well, I'm Park Jimin,” Jimin happily introduced. “I feel like I should repay you somehow for paying for my coffee.”

 

“It's alright, you don't have to repay me... Ever,” Jieun emphasized the last part.

 

“Well, thanks again for paying.”

 

Once the drinks were ready, Jieun quickly grabbed her and left. Of course she knew Jimin, but she didn't want to talk to start a conversation with him. She felt relieved that Jimin didn't exactly remember her. She knew who Jimin was, but she herself didn't want to admit that to him or even herself for that matter.

 

In the car, Jieun took a moment to relax and enjoy her coffee. She knew once she returned home, her mother would act like their little fight didn't happen and would start to act as if she was the perfect daughter who didn't do anything wrong. Jieun's moment of peace was cut short when she received a text from her ballet teacher.

“She's probably going to tell me she quits,” Jieun thought to herself. She held her breath as she pressed the read button.

 

From: Miss. Kang Suejin

Hello Miss. Jieun, I just wanted to tell you that I changed the address on where to meet tomorrow!

 

“That's perfect,” Jieun mumbled sarcastically. The address seemed familiar, but Jieun wasn't particularly sure she has ever been there before. However, she didn't care as long as Miss. Kang didn't quit on her, she was her only hope to regain her image. After reading through the text, Jieun finally gained the courage to return home to her what seemed like her fake family.

 

 

Jimin returned back to the dorms to see all the members in the same spot they were when Jin arrived home earlier. They all turned their heads to the young dancer and turned back averting their attention back to the TV.

 

“Are you watching Attack on Titan without me?!” Jimin shouted.

 

“Well, you were too busy being mopey and going out on walks, so what were we supposed to do?” Suga said.

 

“Hey did you get coffee without us?!” J-Hope exclaimed noticing the iced coffee in Jimin's hand.

 

“Uh yeah, sorry,” Jimin quickly apologized.

 

“Oh yeah, did you get a text from the manager?” Rap Mon asked Jimin.

 

“No? Why?”

 

“Tomorrow apparently we have a surprise.” Rap Mon didn't seem really excited, but then again none of the guys did.

 

“What is it?” Jimin curiously wondered.

 

“Not sure, but whatever it is, it must be important since our manager said we all have to be there,”Rap Mon said. “He also said to be there early, so we should probably get some sleep.”

 

“Okay, I'm going to bed first,” Jimin announced.

 

“Good night,” the other six said in unison.

 

The moment Jimin got into his room, he collapsed on his bed. Before he could close his eyes his phone rang indicating he got a text message. Assuming it was from his manager, he reached into his pocket and looked. Much to Jimin's surprise and disgust, he got a message from her.

 

From: Kwon Eunjung

Hi Jiminnie! I just wanted to let you know that I'm coming back to Seoul and I was wondering if we could meet up sometime? I know you've been ignoring me, but you shouldn't be mad at me forever, right? :) Text or call me when you want to talk!

 

“How about no?” Jimin muttered to himself.

 

The next morning all the boys dragged themselves to the dance practice room. There manager was there, but to their surprise a woman was also there. In front of the woman, they all straightened themselves up to make sure they didn't look like lazy people.

 

“Who's this?” V was the first to speak. “A new choreographer?”

 

“Not quite,” their manager said.

 

“Hello I'm Kang Suejin, a ballet teacher,” Miss. Kang bowed to the seven boys.

 

“A ballet teacher?” They all said surprised, thinking that Miss. Kang was probably lost or she got the wrong group.

 

Jimin scoffed, “Ballet? How dumb.”

 

Ignoring Jimin's comment Miss. Kang continued. “I actually need the seven of you to help me with something.”

 

“With what?” Jungkook asked.

 

As if on cue the door opened, revealing Jieun, whose eyes widened when she saw Jin. Just like Jieun, Jin and also Jimin were surprised.

 

“Oh crap,” Jieun and Jin said loud enough for everyone to hear. 

 


Author's Note: 
Hi everyone! I know it's been a while, but I promise I will update this story more. I hope to have the third chapter up by either tomorrow or if I'm really productive today by tonight.