Chapter 8 - A new friend?

Destiny

 

 

Minhee yawned and stretch her arms before taking a glimpse on her clock on the bedside table. 

 Hmm, it's only 6 a.m. She looked at the clock uninterested before suddenly she realize something.

Wait, I never wake up this early in the morning. And to top it up, I never felt this good and relaxed feeling after waking up. She thought as she walked towards kitchen for a drink.

 

As she was drinking her daily milk, she felt an unknown feeling creep into her heart. She was not sure whether it was a good feeling or a bad one. She looked at the calendar that is hanging on the wall.

It's Saturday. Today I didn't have any classes. And at 3 o'clock I have a date? Well, not really a date, I'm just a substitute for his friend, her thoughts wander as she heave a sigh. She couldn't help but feeling dissapointment for thinking that she is just a substitute for Myungsoo's friend that can't watch the movie with Myungsoo.

 

After wandering around the warm and somewhat cosy house, not really a house, It's an apartment that is located across the University campus, she decided to get out to take some fresh and morning walk. Before going out already wearing a sweatshirt and a trousers, she looked through the glassy crystal clear window and notice that there is some kind of crowd down there, following a group of people that looked stylish, accompanied with loud cheering voice.

 

"Omo, It's INFINITE oppa! Oppa saranghaeyo!" She heard a bunch of teenagers screams in excitement, still following the stylish people that maybe looked like a Kpop star. 

 

Infinite? Hmm, that's a rare name for a group. She thought because all this while, she was not a kpoppers. She doesn't even know the name of kpop idol eventhough she was a Korean. The only one person in Kpop that she know is Yiruma, the well-known pianist. She adored him so much that she even bought a baby grand piano and put it in her apartment, using her own money. Well, obviously her own money is her seriously wealthy adopt father that has a well-known company and branches all over the world.

 

A sudden scream wake her up from dozing off again. She heard a girl sreaming, "L oppa, saranghae!" 

 

L? Is it me or that girl really just scream L name? The L name is kinda familiar to her. She seems to know who is L. She kinda have heard that L name somewhere.

She just shrugged her thoughts off her head as she fail to figure out where she heard that name.

 

 

After a morning walk, she tiredlessly walk back to her dorm. It's at the 10th floor. As she was waiting for the lift door to open, she glanced at her wrist watch. It is 10 o' clock. She then memorise back all the things that happen to her since her arrival few days ago. 

A lot of things happen just in three days. How I met Myungsoo, Until at 3'o clock I have a date with him.

Until she heard a tinging sound, alarming her that the lift door was open and she walked in. Before the lift door can closed, a milky and beautiful arm stopped the lift door to do so. She then walked into the lift, tiredness crept its way to her face like she was just running a 100 miles. She then panted heavily as she brushed her fingers across her blonde hair. 

At that time, Minhee, that is holding a bottle of water, felt pity towards the pretty lady and offered her the bottle of water. She then at first was shocked, then she gladly accepted before she plastered a huge smile revealing her cute dimple that is planted on her right cheek and mouthed thank you to Minhee. 

I was suprised that this pretty woman beside me don't look at me with a disgustful look. Usually people will just stare or better, glared at me as I was some kind of strange person from another planet. I've grown quite used with that kind of situation, but now, this is weird.

Minhee thought as she stared at that girl, from head to toe. 

"Done staring at my face?" She suddenly said before handing Minhee back her halfly empty bottle. Well, I guess she's just that thirsty.

"A-Aniyo. I was just--" Minhee stutter after losing word and blushed from the embarassment.

She chuckled before pinching her rosy red cheek and said "Aigoo, you're just way too cute. What floor did you live?"

 

She then looked at the button and realize that they're on the same floor. She also live in 10th floor. "Omo, we live in the same floor. I guess that we can go to class together neh?"

Upon her saying that, the lift door open welcoming them to the 10th floor. They walked out of the lift with different expression written on their faces. Her expression was happy and excited while Minhee expression was unreadable her face stiffen.

Minhee still couldn't comprehend the situation. She was blurred while this new woman in front of her keeps on talking and talking which means that she is a cheerful person. She just realized when the woman offered her hand to shake as she introduce herself, "Oh, I forgot to introduce myself, Annyeonghaseyo, my name is Lee Hana. Nice to meet you." 

Lee Hana. Her name also was pretty like her face. She was beyond pretty, indeed. Compare to me, like heaven and earth. I wonder if Myungsoo like this type of girl. Nice blonde curly wave like hair, an S-shaped body and milky skin. Million of thoughts nearly killing her and giving her heart attack as she soon feel insecure with the presence of this girl. 

She shrug her thoughts off and try to think positive. Well, at least I can make some friends here.

She accept the handshake and introducing herself, " Hi, Kwon Minhee imnida. Nice to meet you too."

 

Hana then smile before saying, "Well, so now we are officially friends, aren't we?" She grinned like a child that just got a lollipop.

Minhee chuckled at the over dorkiness of Hana, "Yes, I guess we can be called friends by now, So on Monday, do you want to go together with me to the campus?"

Hana just smiled purely "Of course I will, that's what friends are for, right?"

She just smile before slightly nodded, "If so, I guess I'll just go in first?" 

"Oh yes, see you on Monday, chingu-ya" Hana said before entering her house just 2 doors away from Minhee. Minhee just chuckled upon hearing the chingu word.

Yeah, that CHINGU word. Nobody has ever treat or called me chingu before. I only have James as my chingu. As she thought that, she she felt sad and suddenly her thoughts went to James.

 

What is he doing now?

Did he remember me?

What is dad doing?

 

She did miss James. Even though James is irritating and annoying, after all, he is her only brother. The only brother and chingu that she had. The only person that understands her, knows when to comfort her, knows everything about her.

And now, she just want to meet James and hug him real tight and tell him stories about all that happen to her. How she was able to make friends, eventhough just one, and about Myungsoo. She just want to tell everything to James. 

But no matter how many times she called James, he wouldn't pick up. She wonder if James is really that busy or he is just avoiding the call?

Nah, I guess he is just busy. Minhee shrug her thought as she was making her way to the bathroom and prepared to meet Myungsoo.

 

 


 

A/N: Hey guyss, how bout this chappie? I know it's quite boring, don't blame me. Mianhae. Well, at least Minhee did has a new friend at the busy and hectic town of Seoul, right.

 

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoys this story as I enjoyed this. ;))