Stay away

Philips High School

 “You bastard!” I said and punched him, “you think this is some kind of game?! Cheating on Kaitlyn like this?! Again?!?” I punched him again, “you punk, you just don’t know when to stop huh?!” I yelled glaring at him. “Onew! Let go of him!” the girl said. “You shut the up!” I yelled glaring at her then at Jason, “I trusted you with her, I even forgave you, I gave her to you!! And you go and do this?! What do you think Kaitlyn will do?! You’ve hurt her once already and you’re going to hurt her again, “ I punched him again, harder, “what do you got to say about this?!” I yelled. He punched me and I fell to the ground. “Yah! Onew! What are you doing?!” I heard someone say. I looked and saw Jonghyun and them. “What’s going on? Why are you on the ground? Why are you bleeding?” Kaitlyn asks looking at Jason and me, “did you guys fight?” she asked. We didn’t say anything. Jonghyun helped me up. “Oppa, who is she?” the girl asks. “Oppa..?” Kaitlyn says. I got angrier and punched Jason, “You er!” I said wiping the blood off my lips. “W-what’s going on..?” Kaitlyn asks looking at Jason. He didn’t say anything and got up. “Tell me...” Kaitlyn says. “Oppa, you have a girlfriend?” the girl asks. “A-ani.. I-I-I mean yes… no… aish...” Jason says stuttering. Kaitlyn leaves. “Kaitlyn wait!” Jason says. He was about to start running but I tripped him, “Leave her alone. Don’t touch her. Don’t talk to her. Don’t even look at her. You had your chance, and you blew it. Making her forgive a er like you,” I glared down at him, “don’t you ever go near her, or I will really kill you.” I said and started running looking for Kaitlyn. I saw her sitting on a wall hugging her knees. I sighed and walked to her. I kneeled down in front of her, “Kaitlyn...” I said in a calm voice. She got up and started walking. I walked in front of her, “Relax, it’s just me...” I said. She looked at me and looked back down sighing. Her eyes were full of tears... I hugged her, “Its ok to cry, let it all out...” I said hugging her tightly. I felt her arms wrap around my waist tightly and she started crying. I sighed and saw Jason looking at us, “Let her go.” He said. I felt Kaitlyn hugging me tighter. “I’m warning you…” he says. I smirked, “What are you going to do huh? Haven’t I warned you? Don’t come near her, don’t look at her, don’t talk to her, and don’t touch her. Leave before I really do something to you.” I said glaring at him. He left and I tried to let go of Kaitlyn but she kept holding on to me, “He’s gone now, you can let go.”I said looking at her. She just kept holding on to me. “Kaitlyn...” I said still looking at her. She looked at me and kissed my cheek. My eyes widened. She let go and looked down, “Sorry.” She said. “It’s fine.” I said.

 

Bell Rings

 

 “Lets go to class.” She said. “Mm lets go.” I said. We walked to class and sat down. Kaitlyn went to go sit with Eun Ae. I felt my cheek, did that really happen..? Forget about it, it was probably to make Jason jealous or something. I looked at Jason who was looking at Kaitlyn... he feels regret, he should feel regret… he got up and walked to Kaitlyn and dragged her out of the class. What is he up to...? I got up and looked for them. I saw them by the lockers. I hid behind a wall and watched them.

( Kaitlyn’s POV )

I kept looking away from Jason. “Look at me.” Jason said. I ignored. He moved my chin and made me look at him, “What do you want?” I said glaring at him. “I’m sorry.” He said. “You can say that a million times, I won’t forgive you.” I said. “Please...” he said. I ignored him. He pushed me against the lockers and put his hands on the lockers above me. “What are you doing?” I said glaring at him. “I apologized nicely but you wouldn’t take it. This is my other option.” He said. Our faces were really close to each other. “Yah, what are you doing?” I said getting scared. He leaned closer and I looked away closing my eyes. When I did I heard someone being pushed. I opened my eyes and saw Onew holding Jason by the collar of his shirt, “Onew…”I said. “What did I tell you 10 minutes ago…?” Onew said. “Why do you care about Kaitlyn so much?” Jason asked. “Does that matter right now?” he said. “Obviously it does…” Jason said. “She’s my friend, and I’ve known her longer than you. I’m always the one protecting her. Do you think I wouldn’t care about her?” Onew said. Jason smirked, “That doesn’t matter. You’ve never dated her before.” Jason said. “Do I need to?” Onew said. Jason’s smirk went away. Onew let go of his shirt and looked at me. “Lets go.” He said. I nodded and walked with him. We walked in the class and sat down. A couple minutes later Jason came in and sat in his seat. I avoided making eye contact with him. Eun Ae came and dragged me to her seat again. “What happened?” Why did Jason drag you out of class?” she asked. “He apologized to me but I didn’t accept it even if he said it a million times… then after that he pinned me to the lockers and tried to kiss me. Then Onew came and stopped him.” I said. “Kiss you…?? Heoul…” she said. I sighed. “You still like him?” she asked. I didn’t know to answer that. She sighed, “Drama already on your 2nd day of school…” she said. “I’m sorry…” I said. “It’s not your fault, its Jason’s” she said. I sighed. Onew came and sat with us. “Hi Onew.” I said. “Hey…” he said. “Thanks… for doing that…” I said and looked down. “No problem… just helping a friend.” He said. It was quiet for awhile. “Did you guys… uh… did you guys kiss…?” he asked. I shook my head. “Ahh…” he said. “Why?” I asked. “Just asking…” he said and looked at Eun Ae.

 

Afterschool

 

I walked out of class by myself. Eun Ae left early. “Kaitlyn!” I turned around and saw Onew. He smiled and walked to me. “Did you need something?” I asked smiling. He shook his head, “Just wanted to walk with you in case Jason comes near you.” he said. I smiled, “Thanks haha” I said. He smiled and we started walking to the bench. I sat down and sighed, “What a day…” I said. “Yea…” Onew said. “Sorry for causing drama my 2nd day here. It was probably really quiet before I came…” I said looking down. “Ani, don’t say that.” He said. I sighed.

 

My phone rings

 

I looked at my phone. It was dad.

“Yes dad?”

“Kaitlyn, sorry your mom and I can’t pick you up today. You’re going to have to walk home ok? You know the way right?”

“Oh ok and yes I do. It’s not that far. Are you and mom going somewhere?”

“We’re going to visit come of our friends. We might not be home until late. Lock all the doors ok?”

“Mm ok. Have fun. Don’t get hurt.”

“Ok we will. Be safe walking.”

“Ok, I know.”

“Ok, bye. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

I hung up and looked at Onew, “I’m going to walk home, I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said smiling and got up. “Wait, which way are you walking? I can walk with you.” he said. “Oh, no its fine. I can walk alone.” I said. He shook his head, ”Just tell me. I wanna walk with you so you won’t get kidnapped or something.” He said smiling. I smiled, “Fine, I’m going that way.” I said pointing. “Ah, really? That’s the way I walk to.” He said. “Really? Oh ok.” I said smiling. We started walking and I heard someone yell “Get a room!” we both turned around and saw Jason and the girl against wall kissing. I turned around quickly and cleaned my throat remember the memory from middle school. “Jason… that ing bastard…” he said. He was about to walk to Jason but I grabbed his arm, “Stop. It’s better if you just leave it.” I said looking down. He sighed and we continued walking. It was awkward for awhile… I didn’t know what to talk about. “Kaitlyn, can I ask you something?” Onew asked. “Mhmm what is it?” I said looking at the ground. “How’d you get in a car accident?” he asked. I looked at him. “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.” He said. I smiled, “Nah, I’ll tell you,” I looked straight ahead continued, “I was walking home and I was crossing the street lights. As always I had my earphones on and I kept walking looking down at the floor. While I was walking, I heard someone screaming, I looked back to see what was wrong and then… I got hit by a car. The car bumped into me so hard I fell to the ground and cracked my head… my mom said there was so much blood on the floor she thought I was going to die. I was sent to the hospital and they did some work on my head. The next day I woke up and I didn’t recognize my parents. That’s when they noticed I lost my memory… I didn’t remember anyone or anything. I was scared. I had to be home schooled after that. I had to learn how to write, how to count, how to speak to people. A lot of stuff.” I said and looked at Onew. He looked sad and surprised, I laughed a bit, “I’m fine now. As you can see.” I said smiling. “Was it hard for you?” he asked. I nodded my head, “Very. But I kept trying. I didn’t give up.” I said. “Wah…” he said. I smiled and looked away. “You still don’t remember us though; you just know that we were friends in middle school.” he said and sighed. “I’ll remember, just give me time and I will. Remind me about stuff we did.” I said. “Right now?” he said. I nodded my head, “What did we do together in middle school?” I asked. “We just hung out with each other; go to the mall, park, movies, a lot of places. We once went to a park and rolled down the hills.” He said. I smiled, “We did? Haha funny.” I said. He smiled, “Wanna get some coffee before we go to your house?” he asked. “You drink coffee?” I asked. He nodded, “Why? Is there something wrong with coffee?” he asked. I shook my head, “No ha just asking. Let’s go.” I said smiling. We stopped at the café and ordered our drinks. Onew got coffee, and I got hot chocolate. We went to go sit down waiting for our drinks. We were next to the window so I just looked out. “Where did your parents go that they couldn’t pick you up?” Onew asked. “Ah, they went to go visit some of their old friends here.” I said. “Ahh~” he said. I nodded slowly smiling. The waiter came and gave us our drinks. “Did you want to stay for awhile or leave?” Onew asked. “Mmm.. let’s stay for awhile. It’s cold outside ha.” I said. “Ok.” He said smiling. I smiled and looked out the window. A little awhile later I saw Jason and the girl walk pass the window. My eyes widened and looked away. “Is there something wrong?” Onew asked. I shook my head, “Lets go.” I said and stood up. “Oh ok.” He said and got up. “Oh, oppa isn’t that the girl at lunch?” Onew and I looked and saw Jason and the girl. “Sup guys. You guys going on a date or something?” Jason said. “Lets go Onew.” I said and walked out. I took a deep breath holding my tears in. “Kaitlyn…” I heard Onew say behind me.” I sighed, “Lets go.” I said and started walking. “Are you ok?” he asked me. I nodded my head, “Don’t worry about me.” I said. “I have to worry about you. You’re my friend.” He said. I sighed and nodded. We didn’t say anything for awhile. “Can I ask you something?” I asked. “Mm?” he hummed. “Did you know Jason was going to do this to me?” I asked. “At first, yes. I did because that’s what he does, but then he apologized to me and said he really liked you, he looked like he was telling the truth. That’s when I trusted him with you.” he said. “You thought he changed huh…” I said. He nodded. “I thought so too... but I guess not.” I said. “He’ll learn his lesson. He’ll regret everything. I bet.” He said. I sighed and saw we were close to my neighborhood. “I can walk by myself now. My neighborhood is just right there.” I said. “Wait, which way?” he asked. I pointed straight ahead. “That’s the way my house is.” He said. I looked at him confused, “Are you just saying that?” I asked. He shook his head, “No haha why would I lie about that?” he said. “I don’t know ha.” I said. “Lets go then.” He said. We walked to my house and stopped. “You didn’t have to walk me home.” I said. “My house is just right there so I don’t really care.” He said smiling. “Where?” I asked. He pointed straight across. “You live there??” I said. He nodded. “I was wondering who that big house belonged to.” I said. He laughed, “Now you know.” He said. I smiled, “Well thank you for walking me home.” I said. He smiled, “No problem. I’ll see you tomorrow then.” He said. I nodded my head smiling. He left and I walked inside my house locking all the door and went upstairs to my room. I jumped on my bed letting out a big sigh. I got a text and looked at who it was. It was Jason. Why does he still have my number? I sighed, I still have his too… I ignored it and took a nap.

( Onew’s POV )

 

( In the morning )

 

I got dressed for school then walked to Kaitlyn’s house. I knocked on the door and Kaitlyn’s mom opened the door. “Hi Mrs. Jung.” I said smiling and bowed. “Onew..?” she asked. I nodded my head smiling, “Nae.” I said. “Wah~ you’ve really grown up. you’ve gotten more handsome I could barely even recognize you.” she said laughing. I smiled, “Thank you.” I said. “How’d you know where we lived?” she asked. “Ah, I walked Kaitlyn home yesterday since you guys went out. I didn’t want her to get kidnapped or something hah. I just live across from you guys.” I said. “In that big house? Wah~ I was wondering who that house belonged to. Ah, I heard you’re in a boy group now right? Called SHINee I think.” She said. I nodded my head smiling, “Nae, I’m the leader of the group.” I said. “That’s really good! I’m proud of you you’re working hard. Ah, did you want Kaitlyn?” she asked. “Mom who are you talking to?” I heard Kaitlyn say. She was wlaking down the stairs. “Ah, Onew is here.” She said. “Oh! Hi Onew.” Kaitlyn said smiling. “Hey.” I said smiling back. “What are you doing here? It’s school hah did you need something?” she asked. “Oh, I wanted to ask if you if you wanted to walk with me to school.” I said. “Oh, yea! Sure hah can I mom?” she asked her mom. “Go ahead.” Mrs. Jung said. “Yayy~ ok. Hold on I need to put on my shoes and then we’ll leave.” Kaitlyn said. I nodded. “Did you want me to pick you up or you guys walk together?” Mrs. Jung asked. Kaitlyn looked at me. “I’ll walk her home.” I said smiling. “Ok, I trust you.” she said smiling. “Ok, lets go.” Kaitlyn said. I smiled and bowed to her mom. Kaitlyn closed the door and we started walking. “You’re mom still remembers me.” I said. “I know right? Surprising ha we must’ve been really great friends’ then.” She said smiling. I smiled and we continued walking to school. We arrived to school and went to the others. “Hi Onew. Hi Kaitlyn.” Taemin said smiling. “Hi.” We both said. “You guys walk together?” Taemin asked. “No, our houses are just across from each other. Onew just asked if I wanted to walk with him.” Kaitlyn said. “Ah~” Taemin said. “Yea.” She said. “Are you feeling ok?” Key asked. “A little… I’ll get over it though.” She said. “I can’t believe he did that. What kind of person does that.” Eun Ae says. Kaitlyn sighed. I looked away and saw Jason with another girl. Wow.. this guy just doesn’t stop… “Oh! It’s Jason.” Eun Ae says. “Don’t look.” I said looking at Kaitlyn. “Whatever you do don’t look.” I said. Kaitlyn nodded, “Thanks..” she said.

 

Bell Rings

 

“Lets go.” Jonghyun said. I walked next to Kaitlyn in case Jason goes near her. We got to class and sat down. I saw Jason walking in with the girl. “We’re going to watch a movie today. You guys can sit anywhere you want but just don’t talk.” Mrs. Kang says. Everyone got up and moved. Mrs. Kang turned off the light and started the movie. I looked at Kaitlyn. She looked sad.. I took out a piece of paper out and started writing on it. “You ok?” I wrote and handed it to her. She looked at me and read it.

“Yea why?” she wrote.

“Just asking, you don’t look ok.”

“Haha I’m fine. I’m just watching the movie.”

“Did you see Jason?”

“Of course I did. He sits next to me you know haha.”

“That’s right… how are feeling? Do you still like him..?”

“I don’t know. He’s with another girl now… seems like he’s back to his normal self.”

“Yea.. You’re ok though right?”

“Yes I am. Don’t worry.”

“Ok hah I’ll let you watch the movie now.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

i finally updatedd.. its been a long time ._. sorry /: but i hope you guys liked this chapter. Thank you for reading ♥♥♥