You don't remember?

Philips High School

 

( Kaitlyn’s POV )

As I walked on the school ground, I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and looked around the school. “I hope I will do well here. “ I said to myself. I started walking in seeing everyone with their friends, talking and laughing. I looked at my schedule, I didn’t know where any of these classes were, and I didn’t know how to ask people either. I just started walking around until I heard someone call me. I turned around and saw a girl looking at me. She looked really familiar but I didn’t know where I have seen her before. “Hi Kaitlyn! Do you remember me?? Eun Ae?? “ she said looking at me. I just kept staring at her confused. I didn’t know what she was saying. “I don’t know that much Korean. “ I said in Korean. “Oh yea that’s right. You moved to the U.S when we were little. “ she says speaking in English. I looked at her surprised. “You know me?” I said. She looked at me surprised, “You don’t remember me?? We were friends when we were little. We went to the same elementary school. But then you had to move to the U.S because your father met someone there.” She said pouting. We went to the same elementary school together..? Her name sounds so familiar. “I use to always take your food and you always got mad. That’s how we became friends.” She says laughing. Right when she said that I remembered. “Oh my gosh. I remember now hahah. I haven’t seen you in so long. You go to this school?”. She nodded. “Is this school scary?” I asked her. She laughs, “No, it’s not. It’s a fun school and guess what.” She says smiling. “What?” I asked. “SHINee goes to school here!” she says smiling really big. “Who’s that?” I asked. She gasped, “You don’t know who SHINee is?? Are you serious?? There are like the best k-pop band in the world!” she said. I shook my head, “No, I don’t know them.” She looked at me all surprised then I heard a lot of screaming behind me. “Oh my gosh its SHINee!! Lets go!” Eun Ae yelled and dragged me to the crowd of girls. I didn’t really care about this but I guess just see how they look like. Everyone kept on pushing and shoving trying to get to the front, I’m a little claustrophobic so I didn’t really feel good. All the sudden girls pushed me over and I fell to the ground. “Aish..” I said. I felt pain on my side. “Are you ok?” I heard someone say. I understood, “I’m fine.” I said. I saw a hand in front of my face and I looked up. I saw a boy, he looked really cute. He smiled at me, he had an eye smile. “You need help?” he said sticking out his hand still smiling. I didn’t understand what he said but it seems like he wanted to help me up. “I’m fine, I can get up myself. Thank you though.” I said in Korean. I hope I said that right. I looked around seeing all the girls looking at me, I turned around seeing 5 boys looking at me as well. I didn’t know what to do, I saw Eun Ae and told her to come here. She came. “I don’t know what’s wrong here. Did I do something wrong?” I said. Eun Ae looked at me, “The person who was trying to help you was Onew, the leader of SHINee. gThat’s why everyone is looking at you.” She said. “Ohh..” I said feeling embarrassed. I turned around to the boys and bowed. “I’m sorry if I interrupted something you guys were going to do.” I said. They looked at me confused, I forgot I wasn’t in U.S anymore. I looked at Eun Ae and told her to translate. They understood her and nodded. They smiled, “It’s fine.” said the boy who asked to help me. After that we left the crowd awkwardly. “That has got to be the most awkwardest thing that ever happened to me in my life.” I said and looked at Eun Ae. “Haha don’t worry I’ve done that before, but not with SHINee. Oh my gosh. I talked to them..” she said smiling. “I don’t see what so special about them though. They’re regular people just like us. They’re just known by a lot of people.” I said. “That is true.” She said.

 

( Onew’s POV )

How come it feels like I’ve seen her before..? She reminds me of Kaitlyn.. nah it can’t be. She’s in the U.S right now why would she be here haha. I just kept staring at her until a girl came and asked for an autograph. I smiled, “Sure, whats your name?” I asked. “Kim Hana..” she said shyly looking down. I finished signing and gave it to her, “Here you go.” I said smiling. “Thank you.” She said smiling and left. I smiled and looked to where the girl was. “Aish, she’s not there anymore..” I said rubbing the back of my neck. “Hyung, what are you looking at?” I heard Taemin say. “Nothing ha. But guys, the girl that fell, doesn’t she looked familiar to you guys?” I asked. “You thought that too? She looks like the girl we hung out when we went to the U.S to learn English. Kaitlyn, that was her name.” Jonghyun said. “So I wasn’t the only one who thought that.” I said. “Should we go ask who she is? If she was Kaitlyn wouldn’t she known us when she first saw us?” Key said. “True. But should we ask? Just to see who she is?” I said. “Yea, but where could she be at right now?” Minho said. “I saw her walk that way,” I pointed to the amphitheater, “She’s probably over there.” “Geez, stalk much.” Key said laughing. I laughed, “No it’s not like that.” I said smiling. We walked over there and saw her with her friend. “Don’t you think it will be awkward? What if she doesn’t remember us?” I asked. “Don’t worry too much hyung. We’ll just ask for her name, if it’s not her then just say sorry.” Taemin said. “What if it is her?” I asked. “We’ll ask if she remembers us, if she doesn’t then lets try to remind her.” Minho said. “Ok..” I said feeling really weird. We walk to her and her friend. “Hi.” Taemin said smiling at her.

 

( Kaitlyn’s POV )

“Hi.” The boy said smiling at me. I looked at the rest of them and bow my head. “Hello..” I said. “Eh, perhaps are you Kaitlyn Jung?” he said looking at me curiously. I understood them but how do they know me..? “Yea… why?” I said. I saw all of their eyes widen. I looked at Eun Ae confused. “Do you not remember us??” Jonghyun said in English. I looked at them confused. “You know them Kaitlyn??” Eun Ae said surprised. I shook my head. “We went to the same school together during middle school. We transferred to the U.S so we could learn more English. We use to sit together. You really don’t remember??” Key said. I shook my head again looking at them confused. “Onew hyung use to have a crush on you. You don’t remember??” Taemin said. My eyes widen and looked at Onew, his eyes were widen too. “Y-yah w-when did I ever have a crush on her??” he said stuttering. “Uh.. I don’t know who you guys are.. or about your group.. im sorry..” I said. “Try to remember. We’ll be waiting if you do remember.” Jonghyun said. “Oh.. ok.” I said. “See you later.” Taemin said smiling. They left and I looked at Eun Ae which was looking at me with a shocked face. “How do you not remember SHINee?? You went to middle school with them! Oh my gosh!” I smiled, “I don’t know.. They do seem familiar but when I was in middle school I got into a car accident and kinda lost my memory a little..” I said looking down. “Ah, really..? Well it’s fine. You’ll probably remember everything soon,” she smiles at me, “But that mean you probably were their friend, you just don’t remember. Do you remember anything they did to you? like how I did, taking your food.” I laugh, “I don’t remember.” “Well you’re still lucky, SHINee knows you.” she says pouting. I smiled, “They will know you too. If you talk to them, and they’ll know you since you’re my friend.” I said. “I guess. Ha” she said looking down.

 

( Onew’s POV )

She doesn’t remember us. I sighed and looked at the others, “What should we do?” I asked. They all shrugged their shoulders. “Yah, why did you tell her I had a crush on her?” I asked Taemin. “Because you did have a crush on her. It was obvious.” He says smiling. “That’s not true.” I said. “Oh don’t say things that you know aren’t true.” Key said. “Aish.” I said hitting Key’s arm. “See, that just proves you did.” He says. “Whatever.. she didn’t notice me anyway. Besides she had a crush on Jason that time.” I said looking down.

 

Bell Rings

 

( Kaitlyn’s POV )

“Oh, the bell rang. What’s your schedule?” Eun Ae asked me. I showed her, her face lit up. “You have the same class as me! SHINee’s in that class too!” she says happily and drags my arm to class. We walked in the class and everyone stares at us. I looked around and saw the 5 boys staring at me. “Guys! This is Kaitlyn! She’s transferred here from the U.S and she doesn’t really know that much Korean. So, lets make her first year fun.” She says smiling. I bow, “Please take good care of me.” I said. “You wait here until the teacher comes and she’ll choose your seat.” She says. “Cant I just sit by you? There’s an empty seat next to you.” I said. “Nope, you have to wait.” She says smiling and walks to her seat. The teacher walks in, it was a girl. “Oh, are you the new student I was hearing about?” the teacher said. I didn’t understand what she was saying. “She’s a transfer from U.S, she doesn’t really know that much Korean.” I heard Eun Ae say. “Ahh~ Really? That’s great.” She smiles, “Welcome to Philips High School,” she says in English, “You can have the seat over there, between Eun Ae and Onew.” She says. I nodded and went to my seat. “Yayyy~ we get to sit next to each other!” Eun Ae says smiling really big. I smiled and looked at Onew. He looks at me and I just smile and looked away. I had a weird feeling through my body and my heart started beating a little faster. What is this? I snapped out of it and took out my notebook and took notes.

 

( Onew’s POV )

She’s sitting next to me. I looked at her, and she looked at me. We both smiled at each other and looked away. Does she remember me? Eh, my body feels weird. What is this? Do I still have feelings for her? I looked at her again writing in her notebook, it made me remember when we were in middle school; she would always be drawing or writing something in her journal. I started writing notes down and saw a little folded white piece of paper on my desk. I looked at Taemin who was sitting on my other side and opened the paper, it was a girls handwriting. It said, “Hi, if you remember me then could you tell me something what we did together? I might remember if you do. My memory is not that good right now… I was in a car accident in middle school and lost some of my memory. Was there something we all did together? Please tell me, I’ll try to remember. Please write back ^^ -Kaitlyn Jung “she lost her memory… I looked at Kaitlyn and sighed. She looks at me and smiles. I smiled back and look away. I got out a piece of paper and started writing.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First chapter of Philips High School. I hope you guys liked it. It’s a short chapter but I will write more in the future. Comment if you like it or not. Thank you for reading! Gomawo~!