Talks

Pen-pal Love

 

It was almost five in the morning already when Joo Hyun walked into the dorm. Her sisters were all gather in the living room, sleeping side by side. Joo Hyun knew they must be waited her for the whole night before they ended in that state. She walked tip-toe to her room, hoping not to wake them up. She lied down to her bed as soon as she closed the room’s door, thought back everything that happened in the past five hours.

She was now a make-believe-couple with Yong Hwa, a guy that she met year ago in Busan. Who would ever think that they will come to that stage last year? She was reserve one in front of any male, but not him; she took him as a very close friend that had known for years, not much of awkwardness beside him although the PD asked them to act the other way in front the camera.

She put her left hand up into the air and looked into her fourth finger, where their 2000-won worth couple ring sat on. Even it was only a make-believe couple ring but she never felt falsify since she put the ring into her finger. ‘Will I think like that if he is not Yong Hwa? Will I be so comfortable beside other guy? Why I had this weird feeling to him, we are only met in Busan once and a few times in backstage?” Those questions were filling up her head until she fell asleep.

“Hyunnie, wake up. You’re the only one left who didn’t have breakfast. Wake up, Palli…” A hand shocked her up.

“Hyo Yeon eonni, I’m very tired, let me sleep a bit longer.” Joo Hyun opened her eyes and saw her roommate was standing beside her.

“ANDWAE!! PALLI, we have to go for training later, so get ready now. By the way, what time you reached here yesterday night, or today morning? And why you didn’t change your shirt before you go to sleep?” Hyo Yeon realised that Joo Hyun was wearing the shirt she wore yesterday night before she went out for the shooting.

“Five in the morning.” Joo Hyun answered it with short answer before she went to wash up herself.

“Girls, faster. Manager oppa is coming to pick us up in an hour time!” Tae Yeon shouted from the living room.

The girls had their daily training in SM, if they did not have any schedule on that morning. After the training they will go to KBS for the weekly Music Bank recording, but today was a different one as Joo Hyun told her sisters about her mission given by her ‘husband’ hours ago. She still did not tell them about her yesterday filming, she only told them his identity. Jessica and Tiffany still could not stop thinking about Yong Hwa as the boy they saw in Busan’s bookstore and this time Joo Hyun told them all the truth and what happened that time. All her sisters squeezed after hearing the story as they never thought Joo Hyun would do that and their fate to cross over again and again.

“Here he came.” Soo Young whispered to Joo Hyun when she saw Yong Hwa was walking toward them in Music Bank backstage. Yong Hwa greeted them with a short greeting because there were dozens of artist in the hallway and he was hurried to his make-up room to get prepared.

Music Bank started and both of them tried all their best to show their couple ring to audience and it was a success for them. They also met each other a few time in the backstage but they could not have any chance to stop by and had some conversations.

Back in SNSD dorm, after the Music Bank, Joo Hyun had been the highlight that night. Her sisters would not stop asking her about her first day recording yesterday night. The dorm was full with shouting, teasing, blushing and squeezing the whole night.

“Hyunnie, I never thought that you would make that kind of move.” Tae Yeon said, with a wink, after she heard Joo Hyun told them about their little choosing game.

“Eonni! I…” Joo Hyun could not explain herself because she also never thought that she could do that.

“Hyunnie, what make you thought that he is the one? Is it because of the event in Busan?” Tiffany continued to ask.

“I also don’t know. Maybe it was because he was the only one I know between the four.” Joo Hyun answered while looked into the thin air, thinking hard.

“But I’m very curious about what really connect between you two. You met in Busan year ago and now you two were in the same show as couple. Could it mean that you two were fate to be together? Hihi.” Sunny sudden question had make Joo Hyun blushed more than before.

“Eonni!!! Only with that won’t mean anything.” Joo Hyun tried to fight back.

“Say Hyunnie, I had this sudden feeling. I don’t why I think like that but did you ever think that he… he…” YoonA could not finish saying her thought out because that had been a forbidden subject in their dorm.

“He what?” Joo Hyun and the others were curious about what was in YoonA mind.

“I’m sorry but I really had to say this. I had the feeling that he is Prince Jung, your ex-pen-pal.” YoonA finally said out her thought and she was ready to face her punishment from the others.

“YAH! Im YoonA! Didn’t you forget that is the forbidden topic here? Why did you bring this out again in this time?” Tae Yeon was the one set up that rule after they knew the story.

“I’m just saying my thought. Don’t you all thought that how much similarity and co-incident between Prince Jung and Yong Hwa? The family name, place from, their interest and etc.” YoonA tried to explain her point to the others.

“Yes, I thought about that before but I don’t think he was him. The world was not that small for them to meet again after all these years. If so, all I can say is they are really meant to be together.” Jessica supported YoonA’s point. Meanwhile, Joo Hyun was silently thinking back every moment she spent with Yong Hwa and Prince Jung. If YoonA’s point was correct then all her weird feeling toward him could have the answer. But she still could not accept that they were the same person.

“Do you think that he was really that person? But I still didn’t support your point. The family name and their place from means nothing as there could have hundreds of them who had that similarity. About their interests, that could be purely coincident because anyone also could pick up the same interest like them. Unless you have other stronger point, or I will never thought that they are actually the same person.” Joo Hyun fought back the point.

“Okay, that’s all for tonight. We need to get rest for tomorrow.” Tae Yeon wanted to cut that discussion short.

“No. I haven’t got every detail about yesterday night from her yet.” Yuri was curious about the couple ‘first night’.

“Eonni, I had told everything already. What else you want to know about?” Joo Hyun was confused with the statement.

“Yes but you didn’t told us about the detail action like have you two hold hand, hugs, or even kissed?” Yuri continued her statement.

“EONNI!!!! We did nothing yet! We had just met once, how could we did that so fast and I also never thought to do that.” Joo Hyun blushed again when she heard the question.

“Hey byeontae, stop your dirty thought.” Soo Young slapped on Yuri’s shoulder as she said that.

“I’m not byeontae. I’m just curious about what they would have done yesterday.” Yuri fought back.

“Enough for tonight. Everyone, back to your room and get rest.” Tae Yeon woke up and ordered the others.

**************************

“Hyeong, I never thought that you could do that. But the most unexpected, was hyeongsunim would able to do that too. She was always the shy one before, but today she had done the thing you asked for.” Min Hyuk said as the boys reached their dorm after the Music Bank. Yong Hwa could only chuckle when he heard that.

“Yes, I agree with you. Before the show, I never assure that she would really do that when I first heard about the mission this morning, based on her previous behaviour. I think this is what the oldies said about the personality changed after he or she was in-love.” Jung Shin supported that and gained another laugh from Yong Hwa.

“Hyeong, what had you done to her to change her into that?” Min Hyuk teased his brother, who was smiling non-stop after they reached the dorm. Jong Hyeon was sitting beside Yong Hwa, observing his every move and reaction. He felt bad for Soo Yeong as he knew she would be sad if the show was aired.

“I did nothing. I just be myself.” Yong Hwa could say that between his smiles.

“Hyeong, did you really think this is good? Did you ever think about Soo Yeong? How would she felt if she saw all this?” Jong Hyeon could not keep his thought anymore. He felt this was unfair for her as he never thought that his brother would go so far in that ‘make-believe’ relationship.

“Jong Hyeon, what make you think like that? Why did this have connection to Soo Yeong?” Yong Hwa stopped his smile and turned to Jong Hyeon with serious face.

“Are you really that clueless?” Jong Hyeon could not say what he knew from all these years.

“I didn’t get what you mean. Just say it clear, could you?” Yong Hwa was still confused with Jong Hyeon sudden questions.

“Don’t you know that Soo Yeong like you since young? Don’t you think that she would be sad again if she saw all that? Aish, I shouldn’t have agreed for you to take part in the show that time, if I would have known you would go this far.” Jong Hyeon let his thought, which he had kept to himself for years, out.

“Wait Jong Hyeon-ah! What did you mean by she will be sad? I know she liked me since then, and I also like her too, that’s why we were closed and we took each other as brother and sister. Why did you say that?” Yong Hwa was getting more and more confused. Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were only able to look clueless to their two brothers’ weird ‘discussion’.

“I mean she loves you, not as sibling’s love but as boy-and-girl’s love.” Jong Hyeon turned his sad face away from the three pairs of eye; he did not want them to notice his watery eyes.

“Jong Hyeon, I think you got it wrongly. We love each other as sibling, nothing more beyond that. The one she really loved is YOU, Lee Jong Hyeon. I know you love her too, right? No need to deny it anymore because I knew this since that day.” Yong Hwa was very sure about what he saw in Soo Yeong’s birthday years ago.

“Yes, I love her since the first day, but do you know why I kept it to myself for all these times? It was because she told me to give her some time to figure out her feeling to both of us on that day when I walked her home. She told me that she was feeling something to you, a different feeling from what she had in you, three years earlier. But then she never talked about that anymore after that and she would always stick with you every time we went out together. Do you know she always asked about you in the letter she wrote to me when we are in Japan? So, I think that was her answer, she chosen you instead of me.” Jong Hyeon could not hold his feeling in him anymore.

“Jong Hyeon, I don’t know you went through all these, I’m sorry. But you had to believe me that you are the one Soo Yeong like. Yes, she might have confusedness toward me but I know she had figured out since the day you appear in front of her. Furthermore, she knew I had someone in my heart already since then. She never come that close to me when you are not with us and she would always looked for you when you are not there, although she didn’t show all that to you. Do you remembered that I told you that she was down when she didn’t saw you around when we had our reunion in my first day filming for ‘You’re Beautiful’? She had to extend her training period before she could debut as a member of After School because she did worst in her training after that day and it’s all because of your absent, don’t you see that?” Yong Hwa tried all his best to explain the situation to his best brother.

“Hyeong, you had someone in your heart? Who’s……” Jung Shin was surprised to hear the secret from his heart but before he finished asking, his mouth was closed by Min Hyuk’s hands. Min Hyuk signed him to keep his mouth closed or it would be deadly at that time. Meanwhile, Jong Hyeon was again in his deep thinking mode.

Minutes passed with full silent in CN BLUE’s dorm; no one of them was dared to speak a word until Yong Hwa made the first move.

“Jong Hyeon, I know you didn’t believe in my words but I got evidences to support my points. Min Hyuk, can you help me to bring my laptop here? It’s on my desk. And bring over the box that I kept in the drawer, the box that you found out on that day when you clean my room.” Min Hyuk went to Yong Hwa’s room and brought his laptop together with the box out as he order. Jong Hyeon, Min Hyuk and Jung Shin were curious about the evidences that their hyeong claimed to own.

“Here, take a look on the photos. I took all these photos back when we are still in Busan, and I took it because of fun but I never thought that all these would be evidences for you. I thought hard just now, should I show you all these? But for your understanding, I decided to show you the photos.” Yong Hwa turned his laptop facing Jong Hyeon after he opened the photo’s file. It was all the photos of Soo Yeong, taken from behind without her noticed. Most of the photos would have Jong Hyeon and the other friends inside too but Yong Hwa was nowhere to find.

“And these are the photos Uee taken as I asked, from their training room.” Yong Hwa continued with the photos he got from Uee, when they were still in drama filming.

“Can’t you see that she was eying you all the time, without your noticed? Even when she was joking with Khun Shan and the others, she would always face your direction. I found this small action of her two months after her birthday and I thought it was fun to take photo of her since then. Based on her personality that I know, she must have tried to get close to you but she was too shy to make her first move. And from the Uee’s photos, you can see how absent-minded she was after she didn’t have a chance to see you at all, not even a single contact.” Yong Hwa explained his reason out to make his brother to believe in him but Jong Hyeon was silent all the time.

“Jong Hyeon hyeong, I think Yong Hwa hyeong was right. Based on the stories I know till now, I believed that Lizzy like you just like Yong Hwa hyeong said.” Min Hyuk turned to Jong Hyeon with serious face. Jung Shin also nodded to support Min Hyuk’s thought.

“Hyeong, then what’s about that box? I remember you forbad me from touching it back then, I guess it must be more important than the photo, right?” Min Hyuk then continued his curious toward the box that Yong Hwa kept away from them for all the time. Jong Hyeon and Jung Shin also turn their face to Yong Hwa.

“Ermm… this… this… inside here was the treasure I kept in my heart since I’m ten. No other knew about this secret except my father and Soo Yeong; I thought I would never let one more people to know about this but to make you believe fully in my words, I decided to let you know about the biggest secret in my heart. Open it and read it one by one.” Yong Hwa passed the box to Jong Hyeon.

The three took turn to read the letters one by one until the last letter sent by her mother. They put their head up look onto Yong Hwa’s face; they could not believe that was their brother past. They knew he must have gone through his hardest day back then but they could not see any more sadness from his face.

“Hyeong, what’s this entire mean? Do you break up with her after this? And what had this connect to Jong Hyeon hyeong and Lizzy?” Jung Shin was getting more confused.

“Yes, I break all the connection to her, except in my heart. She was the only one I would never forget and Soo Yeong knew this since all these started. I let you know about this is to tell you that I would never get into you and Soo Yeong because Princess Seo was already taken half of my heart away. Together with Seo Hyun, they had all my heart already, so there was no more place for Soo Yeong.”

“But hyeong, although you said so, you still could not stop Soo Yeong from liking you.” Jong Hyeon finally spoke out after hour of silent.

“Aish, why you still can’t accept that she was for you, not me, after the whole night of explaining?” Yong Hwa got frustrated with Jong Hyeon’s stubbornness.

“It is because you don’t have any solid prove in pro…” Jong Hyeon tried to explain his thought but got stopped by Yong Hwa.

“Done, that’s all! I’m gonna have my rest now. Good night.” Yong Hwa stepped up and took all his stuff from his dongsaeng and walked them to his room before he locked himself in the room.

“Again? Okay, then as the jury of this discussion, I announce that the discussion was ended bluntly and now everyone, get back to your room and get some rest.” Min Hyuk said as he stood up and walked to his room too.

“Aigoo…” Jung Shin sighed before he followed Min Hyuk to their joined room, leaving Jong Hyeon alone in the living room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hello, sorry for the late and boring update. I spent the whole day to think about the suggestions from you all (including my sister's). I finally decided to continue with my plans on this story, but i know some of you would be bored with this, and I only can say sorry to let you down again. MIANHEYO!!!

Nothing more to say so see you next time...