19-01 Happily(?) Married

Happily Married

It turned out Taekwoon’s safe haven was a small exotic Greek island where no one seemed to recognize you or even know k-pop. Greek time is 7hours later than Korea time so it was twilight when you arrive there. The resort you were staying looked picturesque under the setting sun.

“You see this is the ideal honeymoon destination, almost all the tourists on this island are honeymooners. Some even come back every year to celebrate their anniversary and some young couples come here to stay all summer. I guarantee that how long you stay here or how many times you come back, this island will never bore you. The island itself is so beautiful and full of mysteries to uncover while our resort serves you the best honeymoon experience in the world. I’m sure you’re going to enjoy your stay here,” the hotel manager chattered nonstop on the way to your bungalow.

“I’m sure we will,” you replied, staring wide eye at the manmade waterfall in the resort’s garden.

“And here is your bungalow, you can see we provide the best view on the island. From here, you can enjoy…”

“Thank you. We will take a rest now and explore later,” Taekwoon interrupted the manager’s speech and literally shooed him out of the bungalow with a courtesy smile.

You opened the curtain beside the beautiful king-size bed and gasped at the emerald ocean. You sat on the edge of the bed and just gazed blankly at the soothing sight outside glass wall. You had been stiff with tension since yesterday and the long flight wasn’t really helping your condition. You really needed some zen time and maybe a long relaxing nap.

You nearly jumped when a hot breath hit your ear, “Hey relax, we’re finally alone, you and I,” Taekwoon cooed into your ear, his slick fingers messaging the tensed muscles on your shoulders.

You sighted contently and melted into his touch when he started kissing your ear. Then he trailed open-mouthed kisses down your neck to your shoulder, his hands were busy comforting the knots on your back.

His kisses ascended again to your ear and gently nibbled on it. “You’re salty,” he whispered into your ears just as you were trying with difficulty to stifle down a moan.

“What, WHAT?” you felt as if he slapped you with these words and tried to get out of his grasp. “I like salty,” he said slyly and wrestled you down on the bed.

“No no no no, this is not a good idea, the last time I showered was yesterday morning and we’ve traveled so far. I’m dirty and sticky with sweat,” you muttered between his forced kisses all the while kicking his heavy limbs off your body.

“I think this is a very good idea,” he blabbered into your neck and ripped off the first two buttons on your shirt.

“Yah Jung Taekwoon!” your anger took over as he destroyed your favorite shirt, and you eventually succeed in kicking him off you, “What’s gotten into you. I got married with you and I came all the way to here, aren’t I? I’m not going anywhere.” You took a look at him who was still crouching over you. You touched his cheek and smiled at him, “I’m not going anywhere, okay?” you repeated, “I’m just asking to take a shower, I’m all yours after that.”

He replied you with an unsatisfied grunt yet got off you and sat at the foot of the bed, pouting. “Unbelievable~” you muttered under your breath then left the bed. You opened the dresser realizing that you didn’t have anything to wear apart from the outfit on your body. You released a huff of air between your teeth, and took the two hotel’s bathroom robes from the dresser, which were the only spare clothing you had for the night. You turned around to toss one robe to Taekwoon who was supposed to be still sulking on the bed but faced his broad chest and flinched.

“You sure are jumpy these days,” he took the robes and flipped them on his shoulder, lifted you into his strong arms and headed for the bathroom, “let’s have a shower.”

“Wait, what? Nope! Put me down. I’m not taking a shower with you,” you wriggled but he was so much stronger than you, so much stronger than you ever remembered him to be.

He slammed you down into the Jacuzzi, not so gently, “Yes you are.”

Then he started to undress you. You tried to bat away his hands which led him to contain your both hands above your head. “Do you want me to rip the shirt off completely?” he asked in a dangerous whisper.

“Even though I’m your wife now, it’s considered harassment if I’m not willing, you know?” you teased.

He released your hands and adjusted his posture so that his large frame was hovering over your small one, his hands at each side of your head. “Are you sure you’re not willing?” He challenged.

You smacked his chest weakly in surrender and tried to hide your burning face.

Actually, you can’t deny you like it when he acted all dominant and strong.

******

 

The next morning you woke up late and Taekwoon was already gone. There were some clothes on a chair, and a note from your husband saying he will be back for breakfast and he bought some clothes for you. You smile at the white couple-t that you saw yesterday in the resort's souvenir shop. He hadn't returend until you finished washing up and changed into the clothes he prepared for you. He must’ve gone running along the beach, you knew he couldn’t stand to miss even a day of exercise. You decided to go out to see the sea since you hadn’t had a chance yesterday. When you opened the door to the balcony, you found Taekwoon on the phone. He hanged up the phone as soon as he saw you and forced a smile.

“You up this early? Shouldn’t you be sleeping in till lunchtime to make up for the lack of sleep last night?” he winked at you but you were not fooled by his fake cheerfulness.

“Who was on the phone? What’s wrong?” you tried to read his face but he turned to face the sea.

“Nothing, it was just Hakyeon. He wants to know if we landed safely,” he kept looking at the sea avoiding your searching look.

“Yeobo, I know you and I know when something’s disturbing you. Let’s not start our marriage with a lie,’ you said sternly.

He sighted sinking his face into his hands, surrendering, “It’s about that very marriage.”

“Byulbit found out?” unlike yesterday, you were surprisingly calm. You had used up all your strength worrying that you didn’t have any left to feel the anxiety now. Besides you had thought through everything last night and you already knew how to solve this when the time came.

“Yes and…”

“They’re not happy. I can understand. And probably your agency and members are furious by your impulsive actions.”

He answered with a long wary sigh and that’s all you need to come to a decision.

“Let’s go back,” you touched his arms.

He finally turned to face you, “but we’re on our honeymoon.” His voice sounded small, like a little child’s.

“Taekwoonah, I understand that you’re regretting this whole marriage thing already. It’s all my fault, I should have stop you from acting impulsively. I shouldn’t have let this marriage happen. But we still can fix this. Let’s go back before we hurt anyone anymore.” You took his face in your hands, your thumbs caressing his wet cheeks.

“Luna, I…” his breath hitched.

“Shh, it’s gonna be alright, okay? We’ve got what we wanted, now let’s face the consequences.”

“But I love you,” he finally found his voice.

“I know you love me but I also know you love your fans and members. I don’t wanna hurt the people you love,” you voice faltered as you fought back a sob.

He hugged you and rested his head on your shoulder, wetting your shirt with his tears.

“… and I don’t wanna hurt your life either,” you sighed into his chest, wetting the red heart on left side of his shirt in return.

******

 

Hakyeon was restless. He paced the meeting room in the Jellyfish Entertainment office building. VIXX was supposed to have a team meeting but Taekwoon was nowhere in sight. He was apparently on a plane, heading to a small Greek Island, FOR HIS HONEYMOON. Hakyeon knew Taekwoon would marry Luna one day and he already planned out his honeymoon, it was a pretty romantic one he must admit, only he didn’t anticipate it to be this soon.

He knew they were very much in love but how can they do this to him, to VIXX, to byulbit. The plan was to keep their relationship low profile for a while and marry when they reach a certain point in their career which was definitely not now. They were on the highest tide of success and they had a series of albums and concerts scheduled in the next couple years.

He loved his friend and wished for his happiness but his happiness shouldn’t mean sabotaging the whole team. For now he had to do the right thing and save his team in all cost.

 

He told the members and the management that Taekwoon had taken his girlfriend on a vacation. As irritated as they seemed on this news, it was still okay since they were on a short hiatus.

Now it was byulbit that he worried. He already saw airport photos of the couple on some fan sites. The byulbits were in commotion wondering what these photos meant.

He pondered how much would be okay to reveal to the fans. They already knew Taekwoon was in a relationship. Well, he did confess in the concert and the response wasn’t so bad. But will byulbit be alright if they knew their ice prince was taking his girlfriend on a romantic trip. He was sure all hell will break loose if they knew about the marriage but no one has to know, right? He didn’t see any single post or photo about their little visit to the marriage registration office.

Hakyeon looked at the opened window on his laptop. He was typing out a message to Byulbit and it was giving him a really bad case of migraine. After hours of agonizing on what to tell them, he decided. Romantic trip it is, his Byulbit weren’t closed minded freaks, they will deal with the fact that their idols are humans capable of love and they will deal with it alright. He hit post and closed the laptop. Now he had to work on the speech for Taekwoon but not before he had a late lunch. He hadn't slept all night yesterday and spent this morning in the CEO's office making up lies for Taekwoon.

 

After talking to Takewoon, Hakyeon felt so much better to hear the guilt in his voice. He told him everyone found out about the marriage. The stubborn main vocal wasn’t immune to crying fangirls and disappointed members after all. Let him bathe in guilt for all week of his honeymoon. He will have to face the wrath of Jung Taekwoon but Lunasshi will be there and maybe she will tame the lion for him. Maybe he must text Taekwoon that he was only giving him a lesson to make him realize what his impulse could have done that he covered for them and they need to keep the marriage secret. Maybe if he text earlier, the less injury Taekwoon would leave on him.

With the thought of what Taekwoon would do to him when he’s back, Hakyeon picked up the phone with a shudder to find Taekwoon was calling him instead.

He put on his sweetest voice to answer the phone, “Taekwoona~~”

 

“Hakyeonsshi, it’s me, Luna.”

 


 

 

I was supposed to finish this fic in one chapter but as I was typing, it became twice as long than I wanted it to be. There were just too many loose ends I need to tie. I want to make my writing as realistic and convincing so to speak.

Please please please comment, I love to see what you have to say about my writing.

Thanks a ton to all subbies and voters. I will not disappoint you. (holy I sound like a politics)