14. Won't Let You Go

Happily Married

“What was that?” Taekwoon asked while driving.

“What?” you replied carelessly as you were peeling an orange.

“Chanyeol… I think he has a crush on you.”

“What! Chanyeol? Nooo he’s just like a little brother,” you laughed at the silly idea.

“Are you dumb or just pretending not to know?” Taekwoon asked as you shoved a slice of orange into his mouth to shut him.

You mentally slapped yourself, of course you know, his eyes are a dead giveaway to how he felt.

“Let’s say I’m dumb,” you playfully replied while stuffing another slice into his opening mouth.

“I mean, it was really awkward, all he was talking about was his crush on that writer noona before he knew we’re a couple. Then when I introduced you, did you notice the look on his face just like a lost puppy? And what he said in the rest room? Geez if that wasn’t way obvious.” Taekwoon talked non-stop while chewing on the fruits you tossed in and at the same time driving.

“Do you ever shut up? Oh if your fans could see you now,” you mused at the idea.

He couldn’t care less whatever you said because something was greatly disturbing him, “What he said... it was really inappropriate, don’t you think.”

“Let it go already, he was drunk and he probably didn’t know what he was talking about,” you burst out.

“I know he was drunk,” at that Taekwoon stopped the conversation as he parked the car in front of your apartment.

“Bye, I have to go back to the party and spend the night with the members. I’ll see you tomorrow,”

As he planted a goodnight kiss on your forehead and drove back to the party, he couldn’t help but drifted back to earlier when he found you and Chanyeol sitting in front of the restrooms.

 

******

*earlier*

The two of you sat there awkwardly when Taekwoon suddenly arrived at the scene, “What are you two doing there?”

“I…I,” you quickly got up and stuttered, not knowing what to say.

“Hyunnnggg… I was heading for the entrance to get some fresh air but somehow ended up here, heh. Now I’m lost… I can’t find my way, the earth is spinning really fast…,” Chanyeol looked up at Taekwoon and said with heavy tongue.

“What a place to get fresh air, kid, you’re drunk,” Taekwoon said while crouching to Chanyeol’s level.

“I know rite… it seems this noona has never seen a drunkard,” Chanyeol chuckled dryly.

“Oh she’s as naïve as a little child but that’s not the matter. Now, let’s get you back to your leader and maybe send you home.” Taekwoon picked Chanyeol and swing the younger’s arm over his shoulder, “Come on kid.”

“I know, I know she’s as innocent and adorable as a child, that’s why I’m here to protect her. Don’t ever try and hurt her then you’ll have to face me. Araso? Hyung? I take it that she’s my responsibility to protect.” Chanyeol mumbled and then passed out on Taekwoon’s shoulder.

You were strike awaked from standing there like a log the whole time and smacked the drunk boy on the arm, “Yah what are you saying?”

“Why are you hitting an unconscious kid? Just come and help me carry him, he weighted a ton,” you boyfriend groaned as if he didn’t hear what Chanyeol had said.

“Umm… okay.”

Two of you helped Chanyeol back into the party longue and left him in the safe arms of Joonmyeon, shortly after, Baekhyun came back from wherever he was and volunteered to take his friend home.

Later, Taekwoon saw that you were dozing off and insisted you go back and sleep since you had to go to drama shooting tomorrow morning.

 

******

*now - Leo*

Taekwoon shook his head violently as all he could think were Chanyeol’s words.

‘I take it that she’s my responsibility to protect’

No!

Taekwoon tried to shake Chanyeol’s resonating voice out of his head.

‘I take it that she’s my responsibility to protect’

When these words became too suffocating to tolerate, he finally turned the car.

 

******

*now - you*

When Taekwoon left, you decided to take a warm bath and hit the bed.

You sank yourself into the relaxing water, trying to process everything Chanyeol had said earlier.

He must have thought he had fall for you while what he actually felt was sympathy, you finally concluded.

You regretted that two times that you had spilled everything about your relationship to Chanyeol.

However being an orphan with no siblings who didn’t really function well at communication, you never had a close friend or someone you could talk to.

All the people around you were either your work colleagues or Taekwoon’s friends.

So when you were hurt by your relationship and needed a pair of ears to confide in, you turned to Chanyeol who was the only human being close to you other than Taekwoon himself. (VIXX or especially Hakyeon would naturally take Taekwoon’s side)

Knowing that EXO and VIXX’s friendship was closely knitted, you should’ve known better than to approach an EXO member for consolation from your relationship with a VIXX’s.

You mentally slap yourself. Again.

 

******

 

When you came out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped over wet hair and clad in a pajama with mis-fastened buttons, you heard a click from the front door.

“Taekwoon? Did you forget something?” you stood at the doorway to your bedroom, hair dripping, eyes wide.

He approached you with long strides, grabbed your face with his enormous hand and claimed your lips.

He muttered into the kiss, “You.”

 


Okie… if you guys are confused about the last few scenes, after Taekwoon left Luna’s apartment, he thought about Chanyeol’s words back at the party and instead of going back to the party, he turned the car, back to Luna.

 

I’ll try to update often guys.

I’m really really thankful to all my readers who put up with me even though I . *90 degree bow (like leo always does)*

 

More subscribers!

siilverwiings

chamomile07

Ohsnapitschristi *a sweety who also voted*

VGuardian

Young-Ah_JaeJoongie

seaturtlekushmiwang

Love you guys.

 

I promise I will get my lazy to update this more often