I'll Tell You I love You But Then I Have To Kill You

Giant Problems
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chap. 5 I'll Tell You I Love You, But Then I Have To Kill You

 

"Yes Chanyeol, I care about you..."

 

There's a heavy silent after that, Baekhyun was counting his rapid heartbeats-- praying it won't suddenly stopped out of embarrasment because Chanyeol said nothing to his blunt undirect confession. He partly hoped that Chanyeol didn't hear it but at the same time felt his bravery and feeling were wasted because of Chanyeol's lack of reactions. He was contemplating to play sick or just pretended that he never say it when Chanyeol rubbed his thumbs on his cheeks.

 

"Baek.. That's good.. I-"

 

'He said good- but the frown on his face...' Baekhyun felt something tugged at his heart- something that felt sad and almost resembling hurt, "I- I mean I care about your homework and work hard and found this!" He pulled his face away, releasing himself from Chanyeol's warm grip on his cheeks and focusing on his laptop. He blinked super fast in order to shield away his wrecked mind and how he was cursing himself for being so stupid for saying something like that aloud. Of course, this's not unexpected, he predicted everything, but still- it..hurt. Baekhyun blinked some more before finally facing the silent Chanyeol beside him, "Look at this, Park. Have you ever heard about Chuck Berry?"

 

Chanyeol looked like he wasn't following Baekhyun's sudden change of topic, "Baek, I-"

 

"Your homework," Baekhyun said unpatiently, "You said you have to play Berry 2.5 right? I think Berry here referred to Chuck Berry. Look, I just read this article before you came: Charles Edward Anderson 'Chuck' Berry, born October 18, 1926. He is an American guitarist, singer and songwriter, and one of the pioneers of rock and roll music. I'm pretty much sure that he's the Berry that we're looking for." He said in a 'made up' excitement.

 

"Oh.." Chanyeol seemed like he was digesting the infos altogether but still have no clue about whoever person Baekhyun is ranting about at the moment.

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes, "Oh come on, you didn't know him? He's the original writer of the amazing song that was played by Marty McFly in the famous movie Back to The Future-- Johnny B. Goode."

 

"Back to the future.."

 

"The best movie that ever produced in 1985. I know it's waaay back before we were born, but seriously, Michael J. Fox? Does that name ring a bell?" The small dentistry asked Chanyeol in disbelieved.

 

"I don't know you're a fan of old movies, Baek." Chanyeol rubbed his neck and that gestured was taken by Baekhyun as a 'guilty because not interested at the topic' kind of gesture.

 

"Actually, you know nothing about me." Baekhyun mumbled and he saw Chanyeol twinged at his remark but he choosed to ignored it. "Chanyeol, if you never read or watched old movies, at least you know Stuart Little?" Looking at the still flustered Chanyeol in front of him, Baekhyun decided to be a ranting machine and kept talking instead, "Oh well anyway, I think we're on the right track. If you ever wonder how I even came across him when I was browsing the net, I typed 'famous guitarist Berry'- because you're a guitar student-  and suddenly everything just clicked. I just have to read his full history and will find the meaning behind 2.5 in no time. Would you like to do it together now or-- ah, you probably don't want to-- then just let me do it. I'll contact you when I found out. See you later." And so Baekhyun was packing his bag and stuffs in the shortest time in his life and was literally flew out of his seat and the library- leaving stoned Chanyeol on his seat-- before the awkwardness between him and the giant could kill him.

 

Therefore, he didn't hear when Chanyeol sighed and finally said, "What had scared the hell out of you Baek? That you couldn't sit still and hear me out.."

 

........

 

“Yixing!” Baekhyun was calling his bestfriend for the third time that day, but the so called boy was just staring blankly at the ceiling of the tent. “Aish! Really!” He started to cursed.

 

“Have you boys decided what you want to order yet?” A curly ahjumma, the wife of the owner of the samgyupsal tent- Baekhyun's and Yixing's favorite place to hang out on those days the two want to munch pork bellies over stories- asked for the second time that day as she appeared from behind the counter while drying her hand with her pink apron.

 

“Nope! Not yet!” Baekhyun answered flatly. "I don't know what Yixing wants to eat, eomonni. He didn't answer me. He's just not here."

 

“What do you mean he’s not here? Yixing's sitting right over there, in front of you.” Ahjumma frowned while pointing at the blank Yixing.

 

“His body, yes. His mind, no!” Baekhyun confidently answered while nodding his head. He then leaned in closer over the table, gesturing Yixing to scooting in before whispered, “Yah, Xing, do you like Krissus' kiss that much that you can't get over it?”

 

“WHAT?” Yixing suddenly screamed, earning a curious glance from the ahjumma. His face was pretty much looked like someone who got a hard slap on his head.

 

“Ah, what’s with the sudden scream?” Baekhyun rubbed his ears off. “And don't play dumb because I saw you- on my way home from the library. He was kissing you that afternoon under the maple tree, right?” He asked once again, in a… teasing-tone. "You can't even wiped off the dreamy face. Is he that good?"

 

“WHAT?” And so Yixing screamed once again. "What..no! I- I- I was thinking about how childish I am.. because I sent him go. Infact, I was wondering, if he mad at me, because I, well I sulked--- a little.. when I heard.. something-- and he didn't have to know." Yixing instantly added when he saw Baekhyun's grin growing with each of his sentences.

 

"No. He kissed you, so he's not mad." Baekhyun poked Yixing's side of head. "And you're jealous."

 

“But- but you must be hallucinating or seeing someone else." Yixing whined helplessly. "And no, I'm not."

 

"Look, I might be short and in distress, but I'm not drunk nor blind, okay Xing." Baekhyun scoffed. "And yes, yes you are j.e.a.l.o.u.s. I spell it to emphasized it, Zhang Yixing. Stop arguing me."

 

Yixing massaged his temple and frowned, "He won’t kiss me for sure. He- had a ing girlfriend, you've heard the gossip."  Yixing rambled indisbelieved, his hands were waving here and there. "Maybe you saw her instead of me.”

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes-- and at that time, the curly ahjumma was swiftly joining the two at their table. Apparently, she was stood near their table to ask about their order but then got interested at the topic and so she decided to eavesdropping directly- though none of the boys really care about it. “No, I won’t made a mistake over such thing as recognizing my best friend who had been kissed under a tree. I’m sure the girlfriend thing was only a gossip. Besides, no one ever saw her, right?"

 

"No one saw her didn't mean that she doesn't exist. It only meant that Kris was doing a great job in hiding his relationship."

 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes- for the ninth times that day. He sighed, took something from his jeans' pocket and waved it in front of the stubborn dimpled guy. “I didn't mean to be a psycho stalker or something, but knowing you and your potential denial, I took a proof-- erm, many evidences, in advance." It was his phone.

 

"What-"

 

Baekhyun scrolled down his phone screen and opened a folder to show some images, "Just look at it and decided whether it’s you or not. And if it's not enough, I had a video- in the highest quality possible- I could be an awesome papparazi. And I'm 100 percents sure that it was you."

 

Baekhyun let Yixing took his time to scrolled down his phone while watching his best friend's face in amusement. He was trying to gave the chinese man time to watch the undeniable proof and admitting to himself about his own feeling and also Kris’ feeling about each other. Ahjumma boldly joined Yixing to saw the images in the phone and provided a fangirling squeals here and there- which drove Yixing paused and frowned at her for a second everytime. Baekhyun whistled proudly while commented, "You could even send it to your own iphone if you like- eomonni too.. if you want" he added when he saw the expecting face from the ahjumma too.

 

'This is impossible." Yixing's face stopped at the stunned expression. He was in a jpg mood for quite a while. "How did you get all of these, and hell your phone got the best resolution."

 

Baekhyun laughed while ahjumma nodded and gave him two thumbs up.

 

"And ! That giant stole my kiss when I was sleeping!"

 

Baekhyun shrugged, "I think he stole your kisses- I'm sure he did it more than once- and it's your fault for sleeping like a log."

 

"!" Yixing cursed while transffering all the images- and the video, from Baekhyun's phone to his own.. and ahjumma's- seriously why the old woman want to keep his kissing photo with another male though?

 

"Because you guys were cute", she insisted, Baekhyun laughed loudly and asked for a free beverages for two portions of samgyupsal that he ordered.

 

"See, thanks to my shoots we got free ciders and- do you want to drink tonight?" When he saw Yixing nodded desperately, Baekhyun immediately shouted, "And please give us free soju too tonight, eomonnie."

 

" this. I'm going to buy spicy chicken wings and told him that I fried Wings instead- but before that I'll need to hide Wings first." Yixing mumbled under his breath but no words escaped from Baekhyun's ears.

 

"So how far is your relationship with this giant, exactly? You guys even had a secret child and told me nothing about it."

 

Yixing blinked, "What secret child?"

 

"This Wings. Who is it?" Baekhyun grinned. He thanked ahjumma when she appeared with a plate of raw seasoned meat and a bottle of soju. He pour some for himself while the dimpled guy put the meets on the grill. They had a oneshot together and Yixing sighed. "Go on", Baekhyun encouraged the dimpled guy with his story.

 

"Remember when we went to my house to play the new game? That day, Kris didn't come to my tree-"

 

"Your tree?"

 

"Yes, the maple tree- Kris told me it's not literally mine but since I was there since my first day of school so--- anyway, yeah I kinda sulked a little bit too that time and decided not to-"

 

"Wow, you surely sulked a lot in this relationship." Baekhyun took a medium rare meat and popped it in his mouth cavern. "Yuum.. The meat is gold, eomonni. The seasoning is awesome." Baekhyun screamed in delight and earned another free beverage from the kind owner- more bottle of soju.

 

"Seriously, Baek. Can you stop cutting me off? Why people never listened when I was talking?" Yixing poured a glass for himself and gulped the whole contain in a shot.

 

Baekhyun's eyebrow climbed up his forehead, "What? You mean Kris didn't listen to you?"

 

Yixing rolled his eyes, "Yes, just like you. He kept doing what he wanted and never listened to me. Like when I told him to scram and get lost he kept coming back. He stayed and sang and even drew with me- eventhough I said he's at it. He trapped me in his freaking long limbs- eventhough I always said that he had to stop that habit- when I didn't appeared under the tree because I was upset he wasn't there the other day. And when he said he want to adopted Wings and put it under the tree to accompany me when he wasn't there, he did it eventhough I said no and that Wings wasn't even a strayed chicken." He wrapped up his long explanation with another oneshot gulp of soju. "He's just a stubborn giant".

 

Baekhyun pursed his lips in silent and finally commented, "You like him that much, don't you? Because it's the longest I've ever heard you ranted about someone."

 

"Excuse you, which part of the story that you didn't understand? I thought I told you enough about how much I want him to leave me alone because he's annoying and disturbing and too stubborn?"

 

Baekhyun shrugged, "To me, it's only sounded like you really- REALLY like this Kris guy", he took another meat- a well done one this time- and make a meat wrap before stuffing it into the almost protest Yixing, "You should eat too. Don't just drink the soju because it's free." Yixing pouted, but he smiled a little when he was munching the awesome samgyupsal wrap that Baekhyun made for him- and literally shove down his throat. Baekhyun poured another soju to his glass and take a sip of the bitter drink, "Want to hear me out?" he asked, and when Yixing nodded he decided to continued, "To be honest I think you like him, if not love him-- yet. I mean, think about it, you're so work up about this Kris guy. You sulked because you didn't see him even just for a day and you upset because there's this stupid gossip."

 

Yixing made another samgyupsal wrapped, took his time to munched it while frowning, before proceeded to gulped down a mineral water and answered, "As much as I hate to admit it, I think yes, I like him.. Just a little bit... but I don't want him to know."

 

"Why not?"

 

"Because I don't want to be laughed at." Yixing said while looking down, probably to his lap- admiring his jeans' pattern or something.

 

Baekhyun frowned, "Who'll laugh at you?"

 

"I don't know.. Kris? I'll tell him I like him but then I have to kill him." He his lips and gulped down another glass of soju.

 

Baekhyun saw Yixing put his head on the plastic table and took the new bottle, turned it open. He poured the glass full and drink it all. "I- well I'm not that different. I might had said something close enough to a stupid confession and felt like killing myself instead of killing him. Infact, I was running away from him when I came across Kris who was kissing the sleeping you and then took photos- hey, come to think of it, you're like a sleeping beauty then."

 

"What did you say? To who?" Yixing lifted his head and frowned. Alcohol began to take its toll toward him. "Ah, Cark Panyeol? I mean Parc Kanyeol? Ah.. It hurts" he rubbed his head and winced. "And I'm not sleeping beauty. I'm Lay chips".

 

Baekhyun, who had a slightly higher alcohol tolerance than Yixing, scoffed. He's too, a little bit tipsy right now but not completely wasted. "Park Chanyeol, dork." He laughed a little, "Ah, yes, that's right Park Chanyeol is a dork. I said I cared to him and he's ing frowned. Why though? Didn't his mom told him to say thank you when people said they cared about him? Stupid. Stupid. Giant."

 

"Yes, stupid giant. I agreed." Yixing started to slurred.

 

Baekhyun drank another one shot glass before he continued, "Unlike you, I'm a gentleman, Yixing. Therefore, I proudly declared that I like this stupid giant. But he's just too stupid to realized and had too much fans for my liking. He frowned when I said I cared, what if I said I like? He might summoned all his fans to skin me alive or worse--- laugh at my face. Well, you're right. I'll tell him I like him but then I have to kill him too."

 

"It's not legal though, Baek. Killing people I mean..." Yixing commented while taking a small piece of meat and a big piece of kimchi. He flinched a little at the sour taste and blinked.

 

"You're right. It's illegal, I don't wanna go to jail. Then let's not.. telling them that we like them. Let's not. Forever." Baekhyun nodded and smiled because he felt light headed at the drunk conclusion.

 

Yixing poured another glass for each one of them and give it one to Baek, "Yes, let's not ever confess. Cheers!"

 

In the corner, ahjumma frowned while her husband, the white haired ahjusshi was chuckling, "Stupid young love." He muttered.

 

……

 

Yixing groaned. He still had the hangover because of last night soju talk with Baekhyun- he didn't remember most of it but he do remember about how he finally come up with his own feeling toward the annoying giant who messed up with his peaceful life. Don’t know how or why, but when he was sitting under the same maple tree’s shade as usual, he ended up drawing the scenes that was playing in his still throbbing head over and over again: the kiss.

 

After watching the video in Baekhyun’s phone and sent it directly to his own iphone and then watched it again the whole night, finally Yixing sure that it was him and the unbelievable Kris Wu that were kissing in the video. It was his first kiss by the way (not that he proud of it or something), but thanks to Mr. Wu who successfully stole it from him when he was sleeping, he couldn’t even know the feeling of being kissed. He throwed his pencil and drawing book beside him and let out a huge sigh. Tired, he pulled his knees, put his head on it, and started to closed his eyes. But soon, he opened it again as he felt someone was sitting next to him.

 

That someone was smiling gently to him, “Hi, there.” He greeted warmly, his blond hair was looked extremely shiny and his brown eyes twinkling. Yixing didn’t say anything, he was too shocked to see Kris-- who looked extra handsome today.

 

“Ah, don’t d

Please log in to read the full chapter