Effortless Reconciliation

Giant Problems
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chap. 3 Effortless Reconciliation

 

On a very bright Sunday, when Baekhyun thought that zombying around in the bedroom with a stack of new novels from the library would be a great idea, a sudden rang of his phone ringtone was ruining the moment once and for all. The one and only unique name of ‘Mr. Park Dobi' was blinking nonstop on the screen.

 

He grunted. Two weeks without contact made him almost forgot about this rainbow guy. But he picked it up, though.

 

“What?” he said without any effort to disguised the groan that followed after. At first, no human sounds had been heard at all. But then, a soft grunt was slowly heard from the other line. “Park Chanyeol?” Baekhyun hesitated.

 

“Hhh.. Come here… This instant… I’ll text the address.” –CLICK-

 

“Huh?!” Baekhyun scoffed. And a minute later, his phone rang for the second time that afternoon. It’s a message this time- an address that Chanyeol told he'll sent earlier, along with a p.s that read '30 minutes'' and p.p.s 'bring food'.

 

But Baekhyun texted him back, 'You want me to bring you lunch? On Sunday? Are you crazy? Can't I just do it tomorrow, stupid Chanyeol?'

 

And Baekhyun got his answer in less than a minute, 'no'

 

So Baekhyun finally showed up on Chanyeol's red door in exactly 23 minutes after that. Just right after the giant- who clad in his blue pajamas with rainbow printed all over it- opened the flat door for him, he shoved the giant off of the way and bursted in. "This's better be the last time, you stupid tower!" He took off his shoes by stepping on the back of his black converses and slipped his feet out carelessly. He then marched into the living room and put the groceries on the floor. "There, your food. Happy eating, I'm out!" He was turning around and about to walked back to the foyer when suddenly a giant body was drapped over him. "Yah! Park Chanyeol! Stupid Dobi! Get off of me!" He screamed while trying to pushed Chanyeol away. But seemed the lanky giant had no strength in him or something because a second after that, he sprawled helplessly on the floor- face read and sweaty.

 

Baekhyun kneeled down beside him, carefully reaching out to tug Chanyeol's long sleeve pajama, "Hey, are you okay?"

 

"I'm dizzy.. Baek help.." Chanyeol whined with a hoarse deep voice.

 

Baekhyun stoned for a second before rolled his eyes and lower himself to put the gigantic tower around his shoulder, "Stupid, stupid tower."

 

.........

 

Yixing was sitting alone again under the maple’s shade. He’s looking at his watch and saw that it’s almost 12 in the noon. It’s about time for the freak guy to appeared and it’s almost a week now that they’ve seen each other everyday under the maple’s shade.

 

They’re not fighting too much now, nor, they were having a good relationship. It's more like Kris talking nonstop while Yixing ignoring him, cursing, and hoping in his head that Kris will stop and dissapeared. Sometimes he even chanted some spell from Harry Potter such as stupefy or dissaparate so that Kris could poof away and appeared in another dimention or even better, Timbuktu- faaaaaaaaar away from him. But after quite sometimes, Yixing was finally quit cursing and hoping- because Kris will kept appeared before him no matter what.

 

Both guys were still bickering over something and yet, surprisingly sharing something in common too. For example, they have the same interest in music- they accidentally found out when Yixing sang some words from Jeff Bernat's Call You Mine that afternoon while his pencil on the sketchbook,

 

I could be the kid and you can be karate

You could be my Angie and I could be your Brad Pitt

Fill me up like a cup poured in the coffee

I don’t really mind just know that you got me

 

The sport major guy was surprised at Yixing's clear voice at first, but he knew the song with his heart too, so Kris decided to joined him.

 

About not too long ago, I woke up feeling kind of blue (So I)

Picked up my phone and I decided that I hit up you (So then)

We talked for a little while, ask me if I could roll through (So we)

Met up, got food, and we spent time till the night was through

(Can I) call you my own, and can I call you my lover

 

That time, it was Yixing's turn to be surprised, but he chuckled, "So you know the song, not bad. Nice taste."

 

"You too, nice voice." Kris smirked.

 

Another example was-- Kris, surprisingly, was dubbing himself as the amazing Kriscasso. He loves to draw- especially drawing what Yixing saw as odd creatures- "I'm super duper ultra bomber loves drawing," Kris proudly said. So, when one day Kris showed up with his own sketchbook and began to draw beside Yixing under the maple's shade, Yixing couldn't shoo him away- because they (strangely) shared a same passion and no way in hell Yixing will be rude to another artist.

 

In those times when they were drawing or singing together (oddly, it became somekind of a habit for both of them to spent time together under the maple's shade), they also learned a lot about each other too. Yixing now knew that Kris, likes photography and had a cute stuff animals - his dolls were the models for most of his drawing, and Kris knew that Yixing likes Lay chips  and he had a 40 GB apple ipod full of mandarin songs. But still, Kris was too narcissistic and overly annoying for Yixing, and Yixing was too cute and overly bitter-mouthed for Kris.

 

“Yo, are you waiting for me?” Kris finally appeared with a naughty smirk on his face. His hand brought a plastic bag full of his lunch.

 

“Not in this life.” Yixing lookd up and answered, but he smiled nontheless. “I’ve got something special today.” He said as he started to opened his lunch box, revealing slices of bread, fried potatoes, apples, grapes, and a little bowl with a cute cover in the corner. Sometimes along the week, about a couple of days ago, they even started to have lunch together. It's a good thing for Yixing though, otherwise, he'll felt alone and ended u

Please log in to read the full chapter