Endearing Things

Giant Problems
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chap 4. Endearing Things

 

Yixing decided that he didn't want to show up at the maple shade yesterday, nor today, or even tomorrow. No, he's not sulking. He's definitely not sulking because Kris didn't show up two days ago. He's just not in the mood. He tried to message Baekhyun so that they could have lunch together- but the punk was busy with his project: to get rid of Chanyeol, lately. Yixing honestly didn't get the idea, how someone supposed to get rid of someone else by sticking almost 24/7 to the said person's hips- because Baekhyun was practically glued to Park Chanyeol's side since days ago. So, since he had no friend, no mood to go to the shade either, and he was starving like a hell god, he had no choice except walked to the cafetaria alone while planning to buy two portion of the cafetaria's not so good New York's deli platter of the day.

 

He was walking slowly, earpieces plugged to his ears, when a long and strong arm suddenly reached out and pulled him in between the locker's row. The arm was linked in his waist and a hand was immediately reaching out to covered his mouth. Yixing's back was glued to the said person's hard chest- the stranger was bending down and whispered a familiar deep voice to his ears, "Hey you."

 

Yixing's eyes widened, his heart beat quickened, and he struggled to get free. As soon as the mistery guy released him, he turned around and poke the said guy's chest, hard, "Stop doing that, Kris Wu."

 

"Stop doing what?" The tall man smirked.

 

"Surprising me and pull me in with your...your long disturbing arms." Yixing moved his hands around. And when he only get a chuckle as a reply from Kris, he continued, "What do you want?"

 

"Why you didn't come to the shade? I thought it's your private place?" There's a glint in Kris' eyes.

 

"I just... didn't want to." Yixing huffed- cheeks blushed a pretty pink, he hoped Kris wouldn't notice though. "I can say the same about you then. You also didn't come..." He mumbled under his breath.

 

"Excuse me?"

 

Yixing looked up and saw Kris's blank look- seemed like he really didn't catch his mumbling, good. He didn't need Kris to about it, so he talked more loudly this time- he made sure that Kris heard this one, "Is that all? You just want to ask me that, right?" He glared and turned around, ready to leave Kris alone.

 

"Wait." Kris caught his wrist in a jify, tugged it gently, and bring Yixing back to his spot.

 

"What?" Yixing asked, annoyed.

 

"Are we back at square one?"

 

Yixing frowned.

 

"You, being cold to me and all?" Yixing throwed him a confuse look so Kris continued, "Well, I won't let that happen. Come with me." Yixing felt that Kris strengthened his grip on his wrist as he started to walk.

 

"Where?"

 

"Stop asking. I'm not kidnapping you or something."

 

Kris brought Yixing to the farrest back of the campuss. He took the most empty path and he seemed pretty familiar with all of it. It was like he's an expert of the campuss' secret path or something- 'I know this since I have to avoid my fans most of the time', he said while Yixing rolled his eyes (Because Kris will always be a narcisst - and he need to do something to keep his face's skin color normal and ignoring the dancing butterflies in his stomach. It's not because Kris was still holding his hand all the way there- it's because the weather's hot. Sssssht).

 

"I found a stray animal this morning." Kris suddenly spoke. "I think we can keep him under the shade-- so you won't feel lonely when I'm not there."

 

"Please, I was always alone all this time before you suddenly came out of nowhere and never onced I felt lonely." Yixing scoffed- but then he pouted when Kris ignored him.

 

They reached a corner and turned left. Kris finally stopped and Yixing could see the said stray animal that Kris was mentioning earlier. The feather was brown and black, it stood proud and tall with its two legs in the middle of the narrow spot, and its left leg was tied up by a string to the pipe. It has a strong beak and it was staring at them with it's black eyes.

 

"A rooster?" Yixing squeaked in disbelief. He was standing behind Kris. "Where did you find him?"

 

"Near the football field fence, he was walking around alone. He must be lonely." Kris watching as the rooster spread it wings and flapped it wildly. "Can we keep him?"

 

Yixing walked toward the rooster, "I don't think he's a stray chicken though."

 

"I'll named him Wings" Kris also walking toward the chicken, crouching beside it, and his back like he was a tame dog or a cute cat.

 

"Have you ever listening to me? I said, I don't think he's a stray chicken. Why should I kept repeating my words to you?"

 

"Do you see a sign that he belongs to someone? A pendant or something?" Kris paused and looked up to the pouting Yixing.

 

"Well... no."

 

"Then he's a keeper." Kris shrugged and brushing off Yixing's scoffed.

 

………

 

"Will you get the sandwich, Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked, he was wearing a blue apron with a boat floating in the middle- above his doraemon t-shirt, while offering the sprawling giant a plate of club sandwiches.

 

"Of course" Chanyeol sat up and took the plate. He then started to eat the first piece and laid on his tummy on the brown carpet again.

 

Baekhyun scoffed, "At least say thank you to someone who cooked you lunch."

 

"Thank you." Chanyeol frowned and turned to face the small man who had his hands perched on his waist,  "Geez. Chill Baek or you'll get a heart attack"

 

Baekhyun wanted to stepped on Chanyeol's long and slim leg near his foot but he settled by just kicking his fluffy instead.

 

"Why are you so into vandalism these days?" Chanyeol sat while mumbling. He took his guitar and started strumming and picking some notes from the partitur that he'd been reading.

 

Baekhyun, who already back from the kitchen while bringing in two cups of coffee, sat on the couch and poking Chanyeol- who sat on the floor- with his toes, "I helped your homework, I cooked for you, so I have the right to bully you."

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "Anyway, did you get something from the hints? Have you find out what song that I should play?"

 

"Nope. Not yet. Baekhyun took the papers on the couch and started reading, "I'm working on it right now."

 

The room fell into a comfortable silence- not that silent though, because Chanyeol was playing short parts of his new song that he composed for the final task and Baekhyun hummed along to the melody that grew familiar in his ears- since they were always spending time together almost all of the time. Baekhyun remembered that Yixing almost sulked when he texted him to get lunch together and Baekhyun had to refuse because he was putting his all to help Chanyeol and in the end, get rid of him once and for all. Baekhyun had to promise to take Yixing to the samgyupsal tent before his best friend finally agreed to stop nagging him and hung his phone up.

 

Baekhyun was sure now, that he'd like to keep the giant in a safety distance, before it's too late. Before he fell in too deep where Chanyeol was waiting in the end of the pit and he didn't managed to climbed up. Before he felt too comfortable with the giant- who sat before him and sometimes leaned his back to the couch, lift his awkward hand and move it around, before went up to his head and ruffled his dark hair in his own despair. Baekhyun looked at his side, and made a mental note of Chanyeol's perfect side profile. His long eyelashes, his tall nose, his well define and masculine jaw line. Everything about Chanyeol was perfect.

 

It's terrible. Because Baekhyun's

Please log in to read the full chapter