(✿) ᵀᴴᴱ CHEATSHEET & APPLICATION

(✿) ᵀᴴᴱ FOUR SEASONS RANCH ⁞ apply closed
    
 

THERULES&REGULATIONS
&CHEATSHEET&APPLICATION
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 you must subscribe if you're going to apply, upvotes aren't at all necessary.
 leave any unpleasantness outside this story, thank you.
三 if I choose your character, please comment at least everyone one or two chapters.
 use ulzzangs as face claims only, no idols.
 use the sourcecode provided and submit your application at the correct place.
 be original with your application, I'd prefer it if you didn't simply copy and paste.
 password is a gif of your love interest.
 you must read the cheatsheet posted below, and I will know if you didn't.
 I haven't yet decided on a set number of applications to be chosen.
 there is currently no deadline.

 

 


CHEATSHEET— 
it's very important you read this.

application&sourcecode— when filling out your application, please, please be careful with the format. don't copy & paste it from the preview, make sure you use the source code properly. for anyone who doesn't know;
-after being directed to the site with the source code, copy the entire code (CTRL+A and CTRL+C) and open up a new blog post.
-click the button that says "source" and paste the copied code into the blog post.
-then click "source" again and you'll have the application form. the application is in arial font and size 11, just in case you muck anything up. 
-if you want to use colours in your application then stick to the colour scheme I'm using; #996633, #cc3333 and #ffe68f.
tip: using shift+enter to go onto the next line stops the source code getting out of hand when you want to start a new line.

story overview this story is set in the countryside of korea, at a ranch home to people who have been there for generations. a total opposite setting to in a bustling city. there's a large farm, called bluejay farm, and down the hillside are lots of trees, deer, antelope and other wild animals. at the bottom of the hillside is a large lake, the great fern lake, where many locals fish, swim, and go out on small boats. there aren't many cars, people walk, bike or use horses for transportation. they hunt deer, and rear live stock at bluejay farm. there isn't a city for miles, and they have the minimum and are happy that way. people come and stay at the ranch for vacation or getaways but this will be set in the summer, where they offer up a summer camp to teach younger people who are oblivious to the country life what it's like. if there's anything else about the plot you're unsure of, then let me know.

plotlines bear all of the above in mind when choosing your plotline. aside from daisy-chain and farmer's daughter, they aren't at all accustomed to the countryside or that way of life, so try to show that in your application. make sure that your character matches the plot line you're applying for and try to carry it through all the way, in the likes, dislikes, trivia and so on. if you would like to create your own plotline entirely then that's also fine, but make sure it's not too similar to the current plots, and try to avoid clichés. if you'd like to create a plotline that is a ranch-resident, that's also okay. unfortunately, it wouldn't be fair if I allowed people to apply for more than one plotline so you may only apply once.

quality&quantity honestly, there is a happy medium between the two in an application. it's obvious who has spent time on filling theirs out, and who hasn't. you can write as much or as little as you please, but if I still have a lot of questions about your character afterwards then that's not so great. you don't need to write a tonne, but in the same sense, it's best not to write very little. I'm leaving it up to you on how much you write.
I'm not overly happy with you copying and pasting an entire application, because every story and plot is different. I'm not against you using the same name, and family and smaller details, but I'd prefer that your personality and character outline was at least a little bit unique.

basics 
-when it comes to the origin of your character, I'd prefer that she was at least half asian, and with the corresponding name and face. for instance, if she's korean, her name should also be korean, as well as the ulzzang used for her. if your character is half japanese, and half korean, then of course her name can be either of the two, the same goes for the face claim. 
-don't give your character lots of irrelevent, stupid nicknames. make sure it actually makes sense, and she doesn't even have to have one at all.
-your character is going to be between the ages of 16 and 20, so make sure your face claim supports that.
-the real password is 'blue jay' hyperlink blue to a studio ghibli gif, and jay to a gif of your love interest.
-in the extras section for appearance, don't go giving her lots of crazy piercings and ten tattoos. tattoos in korea aren't actually very popular or accepted, nor is it legal for anyone under the age of 18 to have one.
-If you make your character too perfect, or without any flaws, or with no realism, then I won't be able to accept you.


love interests you should choose from groups I'm most familiar with; block b, infinite, bangtan boys, shinee, beast, bap, mblaq and teen top. you can apply for exo members too but if I get a tonne of applications for exo then I'll just take them off because there are so many apply stories on here made for just exo, so it doesn't seem fair. if there's a group you desperately want me to add, then leave a comment and I'll let you know.
-bear in mind that I may decide to write love triangles into any plotline without warning, so consider that when choosing your back-ups. the only plotline obviously with a love triangle is daisy-chain. but it may not be the only one. those applying for daisy-chain do not need to write 2 sections for both love interests. the love interest is the city boy, and you can just list your childhood friend from the ranch on the friends section. 

family&friends for friends, you can choose from any of the idols listed above, and for girl groups you can choose from; snsd, after school, girl's day, apink and wondergirls.
-no, you cannot apply as twins.
-yes you can have idol siblings, but a maximum of one.
-not every rival need be a love rival, and you don't have to have a rival at all. if you do, try not to make the reason cliché.

pov— fill your application in in third person. that means, he, she, they not I. the only exception for this is the last section in which you need to answer the questions in the pov of your character.

turn-in— lastly, turn your application in at the "application preview" blog post and make sure your blog post isn't private, so that I can view it. the deadline is november 6th, you have until then to submit your application!

 

author's note
I realise this is a lot to read, but I didn't spent over an hour typing it out just for nothing. I only want to help you fill everything out correctly and give you the best chance of getting chosen. also, my character will also be in the story and therefore; lee minhyuk is taken as love interest, park sungsin as face and the plot; farmer's daughter is unavaible (I'm sorry!) if you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask. have fun applying!

good luck!
幸運

 

(APPLICATION PREVIEW) (SOURCE CODE) (EXAMPLE)