The Baby-Sitter

Hamster, Dino and Cat at Your Service~

Howon glanced at the clock ticking on the wall for the nth time.

He didn't smile, he didn't laugh, he kept his stern expression all the time.

Which can only mean one thing;

Something wasn't right.

Yeah, something definitely wasn't right.

There was nothing that could make Howon this pissed.

Except maybe three toddlers running all around his house, trying to destroy his house to ashes.

'Take a deep breath, Howon... take a deep—'

SCREEECHH!

CRAAASSSHH!

HUEEEEEEENNNGG!

'Now what those annoying brats do this time?' Howon groaned irritatedly before finally getting off from the comfortable couch. It hadn't even five minutes since he landed his there. "Ya!" he shouted.

One of the kid turned his head when he heard Howon's voice. His eyes widened in horror when he noticed the largest male in the house stomped his feet angrily towards them. "Watch out! It's Howon hyung! The Crystal Guardian! He heard us trying to get his crystals!" he yelled towards the other kids.

"Whaaaat!? But Minho oppa, we haven't got anything from here!" the only girl between them screeched. How Howon really wanted to put a duck tape on ...

"It can wait! We should go now! Sulli, take Taemin with you! I'll try to hold him for a while!" the first kid—seems like his name is Minho—braced himself in between himself and his sibling. The girl—what was it again? Sulli?—took the smallest kid who hid behind her—ah, this one must be Taemin—and ran away from Howon's sight.

"Ya! What did you do this time!?" Howon shouted once more while he tried to get pass Minho. Damn this brat and his agility...

"I only intented to take one crystal! Please, HoGuard hyung! I need the crystal to feed my sibling!" Minho clenched his teeth when he held Howon's body with his small hands.

"What crystal!? I don't even—" Howon's words got cut when he saw his mother favorite vase—which, if he recalled correctly, cost a hundred thousand dollar than he ever expected—placed patheticly on the floor. One of the side was cracked and from the red liquid smeared on it, it seems like one of the kids got hurt when they tried to place it back on its place.

"Didn't I tell you to not touch anything that look expensieve on this house?" Howon suddenly stopped moving. Minho realized quickly, that this time this hyung really was mad. "I let you play all around the house in exchange you will not TOUCH anything breakable. Isn't that quite easy to remember?" Howon growled. With some unknown reason, he looks bigger than he usually is.

"Err... we did touch nothing," Minho slowly took a step back, feeling it wasn't a smart thing to keep telling a nonsense story in hope to get the oldest anger melt with how cute toddlers are.

"Then WHAT. IS. THIS?" Howon asked, pointing his index finger towards the broken vase. He's going to get a real scold later from his mother...

"Umm... we played tag and Taemin tripped and he tried to find something to hold and... it happened to be that vase..." the last sentences was more of a whisper than a statement.

"That's it. The three of you are so going to—"

DING DONG.

"What is it now!?" Howon raked his hair in frustation. You know the thing about handsome people often ruin their image when they're having a mental breakdown issues? Well, now Howon sure was having one of those issues.

Ignoring the narrator speech, Howon grabbed Minho like he was a potato sack and stomped towards the front door. He saw Sulli and Taemin stood side by side with the door, staring curiously at it. Howon though, didn't care at all. He opened the door without any thoughts except getting rid of the kids.

"Hello!" a shiny and wide grin sent from an annoyingly big mouth greeted him when the door was open.

"Umm..." Howon arched an eyebrow. "I don't remember getting a pizza delivery."

The male in front of him laughed. His laugh was free and happy, like he'd laugh anytime he can. His unique feature made him looks a lot younger than he actually is. "You are Lee Howon, right?" he asked.

"Yes," Howon nodded. "Are you a debt collector? Because from what my parents informed me before, we already paid for all the thing in our possesion." He asked again.

"No! Of course not!" the man laughed again. His laugh was contagious, Howon couldn't help but smile slighty. Even the kids also laugh.

"And these kids must be..." the man glanced towards the kids that stared amazedly at him (he could sense they kept asking themselves how the hell did this hyung managed a friendly conversation with Howon hyung?). "The kids you want to eradicate, correct?"

"Yes—I mean, no," Howon cleared his throat. "Anyway, you must be from the social service that I contacted earlier—what is it again...?"

"Yep, yep," the man saluted while he kept the wide grin on his face. "'Hamster, Dino and Cat at Your Service! DinoWoo is here to take care of your request! Pleased to meet you, sir!"

Howon's eyes widened in surprise. He never thought someone like... this will be the one who come. Okay, he thought the person who will come is some kind of granny that likes to bake cake for childern—but, whatever. He never thought the one who will come was... a male, who didn't look that much older than him—maybe older by one or two years—has a unique feature and smiling so brightly like this. If this person started to baking cakes for the kids, he'd go insane for sure. No one knows.

"O... kay..." Howon nodded again. He felt stupid; especially since Minho was still on his shoulder like a potato sack. Before anyone could notice, he put the kid down.

"You shouldn't treat them with violence, y'know?" the male, DinoWoo, smiled. "They're just kid. They won't understand unless you teach them. If you using violence, it will only result as a mental scar in their minds." He stared at Howon with his big, sharp eyes. "Mind if I go in?"

"Oh, sure. Welcome," Howon moved to the side a bit, giving some space for DinoWoo to enter his house. The other male immediately went in and squated in front of the childern.

"Hey there," he grinned, showing his gums and teeth. Howon decided that this man big smile wasn't irritating at all. A bit surprising, but not unpleasant.

"Hello," Minho, Sulli and Taemin replied in unison.

"Dino oppa, how did you manage to talk with HoGuard hyung peacefully like that?" Sulli asked innocently, pointing at Hoya without any ill intention.

"How? Hmm..." DinoWoo glanced at Hoya (who looks like he ready to kill some small animals) and back at Sulli. "Maybe because HoGuard oppa is actually warm, and fuzzy, and cuddly inside?" he smiled sweetly. Okay, so maybe this man is a bit irritating.

"Is he?" Taemin's big eyes widened. He stared at Howon with his big, hopefull eyes.

Howon groaned. "Don't make me do this, DinoWoo ssi..." he whispered harshly at DinoWoo who squated near his left leg. DinoWoo glanced up and smirked.

"Well, you treated them badly before," he said. "I'm Jang Dongwoo, by the way. And just as I thought; you're actually warm, fuzzy and cuddly inside your tough demeanor."

Howon never thought he would cherised and despised the same person at the same time.

 

~( ‾ ▿ ‾ ~)~( ‾ ▿ ‾ )~(~ ‾ ▿ ‾ )~

 

What Howon feels when he see Jang Dongwoo smirk:

 

And yes, I practically obsessed with Dongwoo's laugh

TELL ME, WHO COULD POSSIBLY RESIST HIS LAUGH!!!?????