Her story

Different

“Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.”

- José N. Harris -

 


 

H e r   S t o r y

.

 

Sweetheart , stay there and don’t make any sound , okay ? “ The man pushed the small framed girl who was hugging her teddy bear into the small space hidden behind the wall . The girl followed his words and curled into a ball in that small space as her eyes became blurry with tears.

 

“Daddy… what about you ? you don’t fit .” The girl grabbed the mans sleeve and hesitate to let go.

 

The man sighed and smiled a sad smile , he kissed the girls forehead and caressed her hair , he did that until girls expression changed a bit . He kept smiling .

 

“I’ll be back soon , just stay silent , okay ? you’ll do that for me right, sweetie ?” he asked and smiled once again .

 

She nodded .

 

“Promise daddy ?” The girl offered her pinky finger and the man nodded and intertwined his pinky with the girls . A promise was made.

 

He smiled one last time before pushing the door close and walked away.

 

The door was closed and the girl was trapped inside the small space without any trace of light , only sounds could be heard . She kept shut and listened to anything she could hear .From behind the wall  , bangings , gunshots , groans , screams could be heard . But the girl stayed in silent and waited for the man to come and pick her up . She stayed that way until the last sound was heard .

 

A gunshot .

 

Then it was over , silence took over , there was no trace of sound . It was empty , the girl maintained her silence , she waited .

 

She kept waiting and waiting .

 

Seconds turned into minutes , minutes turned into hours , hours turned into days.

 

But the man never returned .

 

 

---------

 

“Are you okay ???” The door to the hidden space behind the wall was open , light shone through , tickling the girls eyes . She opened her eyes softly until the sight of a man with black uniform was seen . The girl wasn’t aware of the situation . The man slowly carried the girl , she was awake but wasn’t aware of what was happening with her . The girl sat in a car , as she watched people running around ,  some were carrying big black plastic bags that seemed heavy . She stared at the door infront of the house , waiting for a man she knows so well to walk out .

 

But the man never did .

 

The man broke his promise.

 

-------------------

 

“Hey ! you okay ?” A guys voice woke the girl up , her eyes fluttered open and glittered with tears . As usual , she cried again. She rubbed her eyes and smiled .

 

“You crying again ?” The guy asked with a worried tone , he stared into her face to get a better sight but she shrugged the guy away .

 

“I’m fine , thanks” She stood up and wiped her tears away .

 

“Kay , just don’t sleep again while on shift .” he walked away .

 

“sure” She sat down again and stared into the window , lost in daydreams again .

She opened but no words was said . She sat in silent as the day went by in silent . It was peaceful at least .

 

She sighed and closed her eyes .

 

“Why ?” She whispered.

 

 


BAAAAM........ a little bit about her past . this is not the official chapter 1..... 

it's more of a prologue.... enjoy !