Maybe it's the Little Things

a hopeless valentine's escape

            Sometimes it’s the little things that get to someone. Sometimes a ‘thank you’ or a ‘hello’ or a ‘how are you?’ is all it takes for a person to keep going. People like being noticed, whether they think so or not, and when they think that no one cares, they start to lose themselves. They start to give up.

            Sungyeol gave up.

            What’s the use of being there, if no one can see you?

            Woohyun saw him, but he didn’t think it was enough.

            What’s the use of remembering, if you weren’t a part of the memory that everyone else remembers?

            Woohyun always remembered him being there. Sungyeol was the only reason he ever went somewhere besides his home and school.

            What’s the use of trying to forget, when you’ve already been forgotten?

            He’ll never forget him. No matter how much time passes by.

            Woohyun misses it. He misses flying across the world with Sungyeol and singing with him at the top of their lungs. He misses holding hands and throwing away everything he knew, because he loved him that much. He misses kissing him and hugging him, telling him that everything would be ok, and that he had him by his side.

            Woohyun remembers that Sungyeol’s lips were always so nice, so sweet. He remembers when Sungyeol would come over to his house just to say hello. Sungyeol never said goodbye, not until that night anyway. Woohyun remembers Sungyeol’s big smile, when his smiles were still real. He remembers the time when Sungyeol first kissed him and how sad he was when Sungyeol told him they could never be more than friends with benefits, because Sungyeol was already gone. He misses everything, but there’s no one there to miss him back.


what am i even doing ;A: