Chap 1

Reply in my name

(Pov=point of view)

 

Taewoon 's pov
"Somewhere out of the wilderness . Somewhere into the city and into the towns. My name is widely misused as 'That's so Taewoon'. Not in a good way but rather in a bad way. How should I explain? It is a phrase to replace 'That's so mean.' I once hit the international news because the urban human species  thought I  have misused the "rules and laws" they have created. I managed to escape from them, and they thought I was dead. The exception were my friends, whom might have guessed that I faked death. How is city now? I wonder. My name is Taewoon and I'm back for revenge in the city...."
 
***
Hyoyoung's pov
 
"Taewoon!!!!!" I screamed out loud and realizing it was just a dream. I sat on my bed,feeling frightened.
 
"Miss, are you alright?" The maid
 ran into my room.
 
"I'm fine.." Beads of perspiration rolled down my cheeks. 
 
Hyewon came by and asked the maid to leave. She locked the door up and sat onto the chair, crossing her legs . 
 
"You dreamt of him again?"Hyewon stared at her nails.
 
"I have a gut feeling that he is back. He is still alive as you have said .Can you help me to check? I'm very worried for him. You are a fortune teller. Please help me, my friend." I was very anxious for my love. 
 
"I can try and I'll charge you for this. This is the 3rd time I'm doing this after his 'death'. " Hyewon closed her eyes and breathed in. She touched the pearl on her necklace . " I can see his shadow..."
 
" where?"
 
"  It is very near. His breath." Hyewon started to shiver slightly." He is..."
 
Suddenly, Hyewon snapped open her eyes and  she had breathing difficulties. I stared at her with rounded eyes and in shock. She closed her eyes again to catch her breath .
 
"So?" I was curious.
 
Hyewon looked at me and breathed deeply "He is in the city."
 
***
 
Sungmin 's point of view
 
I saw Hyewon and Hyoyoung coming out of the room. Hyoyoung looked flustered and Hyewon 's appearance was as y as before. Hyoyoung mumbled a few words and Hyewon didn't really care either. I signaled to Hyewon and she ignored me. I wondered what happened but I overheard Hyoyoung saying..
 
" we must not tell anyone. Everyone is thinking that he was dead three years ago..."
 
 
I pondered over the sentence  in my mind and I was stunned .
 
***
Jungwoo 's pov
 
I was pacing up and down in the study room when sungmin ran in. 
 
"Boss!!" Sungmin
 
"What now? I'm thinking about a serious issue ." Me
 
"It's about the hostage." He began to rattle on about hyoyoung and her words .
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Taewoon is  alive!"
 
"Don't believe what that lady said."
 
"To Hyewon." He  completed my sentence .
 
I was skeptical then. "To Hyewon ? Now what is this issue about?"
 
"I think Hyewon did some fortune telling for Hyoyoung again. Hyewon must have said that Taewoon is alive. Both of them are discussing about Taewoon now. "
 
"Now this is a huge problem."
 
Don't ever offend or reject the words of a fortune teller. 
 
***
Narrator's pov
 
Hyoyoung, Hyewon , Jungwoo and Sungmin sat down around the dining table to have lunch .
 
"I heard about some fortune telling that Hyewon did again. "Jungwoo spoke up " why did you spout nonsense to Hyoyoung, Hyewon?"
 
"It is true! Taewoon is alive!"hyoyoung stood up and slammed the table. 
 
Jungwoo stood up and slammed the table again " you are a hostage now . Sit down and eat!"
 
"When can I get my freedom?"hyoyoung screamed. 
 
"You will stay in this house for the rest of your life and you are not allowed see the world outside." Jungwoo
 
"What should I do to get out of this house and miserable life?" Hyoyoung teared .
 
" Marry me and only love me." Jungwoo stared at her with cold eyes. 
 
Hyoyoung knew that it was impossible to do so. She only love Taewoon . She lost her appetitive and ran up to her room.
 
Sungmin and Hyewon shook their heads. Hyewon got up and head upstairs to comfort Hyoyoung. 
 
Jungwoo was laughing throughout . He did not rule out the possibility that Taewoon was alive. 
 
***
"Jungwoo is crazy. " Hyoyoung cried. 
 
"Four of us now know that Taewoon could have fake his death three years ago through that explosion he planned long ago. As long as you believe he is alive, he will come back to you and take you away from Jungwoo." Hyewon.
 
"Sometimes, I wished that Taewoon would not have gone alone and leave me alone. I hate being a hostage because I am Taewoon's girlfriend ... A criminal's girlfriend ! Anyway, I will still wait for him." Hyoyoung calmed down " Please stay by my side, Hyewon."
 
"Glad you think this way. I will not leave my best friend alone." Hyewon gave her best friend a friendly hug. 
 
***
 
Taewoon's pov
 
As I stepped into the town with cautious steps, I felt awkward. I was afraid that I was caught . I hid closely behind my jacket and it's hood. It's been a long time since I left the city and escaping into the wilderness after the explosion I arranged. The city is still as same as before. People working everyday and thinking about money everyday. I started to think about the past. I remembered how I was being blamed for being corrupted and misused the money of my boss, Jungwoo. I was innocent . Jungwoo, who was my friend too, inflicted many different types of charges on me that it hit international news. Everywhere was bad gossips and news about me, which then evolved a colloquial phrase 'That's so Taewoon!'. I had no choice but to escape by blowing up a building and making evidence that I died in the explosion. I escaped to a desert that was not written on the world map. Somewhere where no humans knew about , except me and my teacher. My teacher and I built a house at that place when I was very young. I started to hid there three years ago and practiced my strength as well as skills for the revenge. I practiced martial arts and my shooting skills. I built up my body strength within the three years. It was hard to find food and water there. My teacher arranged  for someone to send me food and other supplies every month . Someone that lived in a farm which was away from the desert. The farmer will drive the car down the road and send me supplies. Sometimes, I would drive to the farm and help out with the farming. At the same time, collect my own supplies. Anyway, throughout the three years, I missed my girlfriend. 
 
Now , I stood near a bench. What should I do now? I need money to survive in the urban place . I need a job . Put aside those. I need my basic civil rights to have access to basic necessities. I am fugitive or a refugee that have came back to seek for justice. 
 
A man walked past me and accidentally dropped a coin on the ground. I heard him saying "That's so Taewoon." I thought he recognized me but he was just cursing someone.  I was proud that I am famous or.... Notorious. I picked up the coin secretly. I wanted to return to him, but I did not. I feared that he recognize my face and at that point of time I needed that coin to make a phone call. I considered myself as a lucky man as I approached a public phone and I slot the coin in. I whipped out the last name card that my teacher gave me through the farmer last month. I dialed his number. 
 
"Hello?" My teacher recieved the call. 
 
I was silent for a while. 
 
"Hello? Can you speak?" My teacher spoke with a low voice. " are you mute?"
 
I was afraid and wanted to hang up . I wanted to put the phone back when I heard...
 
"Taewoon , is that you ? Reply me! Teacher is here to help you. " my teacher was anxious. 
 
I decided to speak and placed the phone back near my ear "Mr Anderson."
 
" Taewoon , it's been hard for you!"
 
"I'm using a public phone now. Can we find somewhere to talk? " 
 
" come to my workshop. The location is still the same. "
 
" I do not have money and my car ran out of gas. " 
 
" I'll pick you up personally. Where are you now?"  The carpenter was kind . 
 
After a while, he picked up and drove me to the workshop. He ordered someone  sent my car for repair . We sat down and gave each other hugs. 
 
" I missed you so much . You have grown up." Mr Anderson. 
 
" how's life?" I asked him
 
"Ever since I sent you to the wilderness , the police did come and find me but they did not suspect me  for helping you. They treated you as dead. "
 
" thanks for helping me. Can I beg a favour from  you? I need help with living in the city. Policies and security may have change. I need to update myself. I need to find a job and get basic income and necessities.  I have to plan for my revenge carefully."
 
"I will support and help you as long as I'm alive. I can offer you a job in my workshop since you were my student since young and was interested in carpentry . "
 
"But I still need basic civil rights."
 
"Oh." My teacher kept silent. "How about asking your friends for help and forgiveness?"
 
" I'm not going to jail!" 
 
" there is no way for me to help you get civil rights. You will be found eventually and you can't hid forever. Your fingerprint can expose you easily .  Consider about your plan again. Does it benefit more if you keep hiding or if you acknowledge your friends again . "
 
I thought about it. Perhaps, it will be easier if I seek help from my friends who had power in the city. At the same time, maybe revenge was still possible with the help of ----Hyewon.  
 
"I'll listen to what you say." I replied my teacher . 
 
***
Hyewon's pov 
 
Hyoyoung is pitiful. I remembered how five of us were adopted by Mr Pandison , the mayor of the city after our parents were killed in a war. We grew up together , having close relationships. Everything changed when Jungwoo was announced as the successor of the mayor . Jungwoo became proud and committed horrible deeds. We couldn't stop him or exposed him. He had many powers and wealth  . He hated Taewoon to the core because Jung woo and Taewoon love Hyoyoung . Love triangle. That was why Jungwoo treated Taewoon badly. Mr Pandison ignored everything . He felt that it was a life process and experience we must go through to grow . He always said 'fight for what you want'. I hated him and never listened to him. He wanted us to be self centered . That was why Jungwoo was grew to be a bad man  and Mr Pandison favored him a lot. It was no surprise that Jungwoo was the successor . The four good ones had to comply and listen to Jungwoo.