Get used to it

You're my Confidant

 

Mae Ri’s POV

I really want to stay in New York and live there happily and peacefully. I can’t understand why Dad wanted us to settle in Korea when we can just take a vacation there and get back in New York where our home is.

 

I don’t know why I’m so attached in that country maybe because I grew up there? Or I am still hoping that Mom will come back to us and I can finally feel the love of a mother.

 

But who am I kidding? Dad already told me that she will not comeback since I’ve been waiting for her practically my whole life. Dad told me that she left us when I was 2 years old for another man, I can’t remember what happened because I’m too young then.

 

I also leaved my two best friends back in New York, I hope Jong In and Kyungsoo are doing well there. They are my only friends and they are the only people that I can trust, I love them with all my life they are just like brothers to me. They are always there when I needed help and they are the only people that talks to me and treats me as their own family.

 

My thoughts were interrupted when Mr. Cho asked me if I’m okay because as what he said I keep on sighing. I’m not aware that I’m sighing the whole ride, I’m just too occupied with my thoughts and it is depressing.

 

We then arrived at our new house, I was shocked because this mansion is totally big and extravagant for my liking. I’m not saying that it is bad, but it is too much! I know that Dad owns a big company but he doesn’t have to waste his money in buying this we’re just two in the family and what will we do in this big space?

 

Oh.. I almost forgot Dad is married now.. I’m so forgetful! Honestly speaking I don’t like this marriage but since Dad looks so happy I’ll just stay quiet and will support him in his every decision, as long as he is happy I am happy too.

 

I just sighs for the hundredth time in that day. I then saw Mr. Cho lifting up my luggage, how kind of him! So I decided to help him but he insisted that I should go inside the house and greet Dad.

 

Before I turn around and head to the gates my attention was caught by a big mansion rooted in front of our house at the different side of the street. It looks like no one is living there and the grasses at the front yard are already tall and waiting to be trimmed.

 

I don’t know why but my curiosity spikes up and there is this thing inside me that is telling me to go and check that mansion. I was about to cross the street when I heard my dad calling me. I just took a quick glance to the mansion and headed to my dad, I will definitely go in there.

=========================================================================================================================

Mae Ri went inside the mansion and was greeted by his dad. “Mae Ri! I’m glad you’re here already! How’s our house?”

 

Mae Ri smiles at her dad and was about to speak when her step mom pops out from somewhere and hugged her tightly.

 

“ Of course it is nice and beautiful! Right Mae Ri? How’s the flight? I think you’re tired go and take a rest! Your room is already prepared I’ll just let the maids fix your luggage".

 

Mae Ri did not have the chance to speak and was shove upstairs by her step mom before she goes inside to her room she stops and faced her. She then talked to her politely “ It is okay I can fix my own things besides I am not that exhausted. I'm also not aware that we have maids?”

 

Mae Ri looked at her with a confused expression her step mother then laughs “Oh Mae Ri let the maids do the work it is their job and we are paying them for it, oh and as what you’ve heard we have maids, it will be a lot easier if we have them you can’t expect me to do all he house works here you know”  she looked at her with her eyebrows arched.

 

Mae Ri was shocked “Oh no you’re thinking the wrong way! I’m sorry but I am just not used to having people around me to do my work. Back in New York I..”

 

She was cut off from her speaking by her step mom “Then get used to it” she said it with stern look on her face.

 

Suddenly Mae Ri’s dad went upstairs and her facial expression turns into a gentle one “Come on Mae Ri darling take a rest alright? Let the maids fix your stuff”. Mae Ri just sighs and headed inside her room.