Arrival in Seoul

You're my Confidant

“Yes, dad, I’ll be there in ten minutes.. hmmm.. okay. See you dad” Mae Ri sighs after she drop her phone from her ears and clutched it with her left hand that is placed on her lap. She then looked at the beautiful view beside her. She is sitting inside their car on the way to her new home in Seoul, Korea. 

 

She just looks at the window sadly and sighs for the hundred time.

 

Her chauffeur saw her miserable state and ask her “ Agassi are you okay? You’ve been sighing a lot since I’ve picked you up in the airport” Mr. Cho looked at her worriedly, Mae Ri got startled and looked at him and for the first time in that day she smiles at him genuinely.

 

“ Mr. Cho I told you already that you can just call me Mae Ri besides you’re a lot older than me” she laughed amusedly to Mr. Cho’s formality and shakes her head.

 

Mr. Cho cleared his throat and looked at Mae Ri using the rear-view mirror “Okay, Mae Ri as you wish. But you did not answer my question are you okay? You keep on sighing in our whole ride”

 

Mae Ri then looked at the window once again and watched the swaying trees they passed by “It’s just that I already miss New York and my friends there”.

 

Mae Ri wiped the tears that suddenly runs from her eyes and shook her head “ I hope Kyungsoo and Jong In will visit soon…” Mae Ri whispered to herself and looked at Mr. Cho with a sudden smile plastered in her face “Anyways Mr. Cho are we there already?”.

 

Mr. Cho looked at Mae Ri sympathetically and swerves the car to the left stopping in front of a mansion, he then get out from the car and open the door besides Mae Ri to let her get out. He looked at Mae Ri and pointed to the big house “We’re here already, welcome to your new home Mae Ri!”

 

Mae Ri gawked at the big house because it is too big and extravagant. Their house in New York is also big but it is still normal but their new house is just too big for her liking, Mae Ri then sighs once again and looked at Mr. Cho and bowed to him to say thank you.

 

Mr. Cho then proceeded to get her luggage at the trunk of the car and Mae Ri tried to help him. Mr. Cho stopped her “ No, Mae Ri I can do this, just go inside and meet your father” he then smiled at Mae Ri and continued picking up her luggage.

 

Mae Ri then sighs and was about to turn around and head inside the gate when she saw a big house at the front of their house. It looks abandoned and the weeds are already high like it was not trimmed for a long time now.

 

She got curious of the house and was about to cross the street and head there when he heard her father’s voice calling for her.

 

Mr. Kim, Mae Ri’s father waves at her daughter happily and gestures her to come near him. Mae Ri then took a second glance at the abandoned mansion in front of her and back to her father.

 

She then decided to go inside their new house while setting up in her mind that she will visit and will take a look at that mansion.