Aphrodite and Venus

Kiss Me

Two short legs walked leisurely along the hallway as the owner happily smiled to whoever she passed by, earning weird looks from her fellow students. She felt lightheaded; she could swear she’d laugh at the lamest joke right now. She had been for the past weeks, actually.

It was Monday again, the day most of the students dreaded. But not Taeyeon. She anticipated Monday because she missed a certain someone over the weekend.

Jessica had occupied her thoughts over the weekend, ever since they last kissed. She brought her right hand to her lips and touched it, missing the thin and glossy lips that she had grown so accustomed to over the last few weeks.

It had only been three weeks since she became close to Jessica but the brunette had made her way to Taeyeon’s heart rather fast. Maybe it was because of how Jessica twirls her hair when she listens to Taeyeon talk with the attentiveness and eagerness the girl shows. Or how Jessica cutely pouts everytime she thinks Taeyeon wasn’t paying much attention to her. Or maybe it was Jessica’s cold lips that send tingles all over her body everytime they kiss. Or maybe it was the way Jessica looks at Taeyeon; like she was the most expensive masterpiece in an art gallery, pretty to look at but too fragile to touch. Or maybe it was all of that and something more.

When the news broke about Taeyeon being with Jessica, Yuri threw a mini-tantrum. They had expected the reaction, knowing full well how Yuri became kind of obsessed with Jessica the past years. Fortunately though, the tanned girl got over it; saying that it was just a crush and that she’d always choose her friendship with Taeyeon over it. It was a relief since Yuri was the last person Taeyeon wished to hate her. Krystal, on the other hand, went ballistic when she heard the news one day while they were out eating ice cream, saying she knew from the start that Taeyeon was meant for Jessie. Sooyoung, Yoona and Sunny were all happy for them as well, of course with Sunny commenting about Taeyeon being a spaghetti girl: straight until wet. To which, of course, the whole gang had laughed their asses off and became an inside joke.

They are official, kind of sort of. Taeyeon haven’t actually said the three magic words to Jessica yet, and so did Jessica but they weren’t seeing anybody else. They were exclusive. Of course, Jessica would kill her if there will be someone else. The girl almost broke her eardrums one time she saw Taeyeon walking with a fellow officer. They were just talking and, well, laughing.. a little. But Jessica took it differently and she scared the hell out of the poor thing. Jessica could really be possessive at times, but Taeyeon didn’t mind at all. She loves how she’s the only one who could pacify the HellSica mode. She deserves a pat on the back.

She shook her head, it was too early to daydream. But isn’t Jessica like a dream come true? Kind of sort of? Yeah, totally.

Taeyeon was about to open the door to the students’ government office when a voice spoke up.

“Uhm, Taeyeon?” Baekhyun stepped closer to her, leaving a decent distance between them. He smiled brightly at her, like he always does and Taeyeon finds herself reciprocating the action. Oh how polite the guy looked.

“Oh, hi Baekhyun,” her voice sounded a little husky from not speaking for a while. She then cleared .

“Uhm, I was just thinking..” The boy shyly kicked an invisible ball on the ground and Taeyeon fought her laughter.

“Are you okay? Is there something I could help you with?”

“I was thinking.. if you want to.. co-go to the p-prom with me?” the boy then looked at her expectantly.

Right, prom. Two months from now. In all honesty, she forgot about Baekhyun and prom. She was pre-occupied with her budding romance with Jessica that some things just didn’t seem to matter anymore. And the only problem now was how to reject Baekhyun politely. The boy’s semi-pout wasn’t helping her case.

“I know it’s still two months away.. b-but I heard Ok Taecyeon is going to ask you too so I.. I decided to ask you f-first.” The boy’s right foot kept kicking on the ground idly as his right hand rubbed his nape.

A few steps away, just around the corner of the hallway, Jessica Jung stood with her arms crossed and body leaned against the concrete wall as she tuned in to the conversation. Taeyeon caught a sight of the dark caramel strands and her lips tugged upwards.

“So?” Baekhyun’s voice brought Taeyeon’s attention back to the boy.

“I, uh.. actually Baekhyun, I have prom plans already. And I have a date.. already.” Taeyeon’s cheeks heat up as she purposely talked in a louder voice, making sure the eavesdropper heard every single word she said.

“Oh, oh. Right. Uhm,” the boy hesitated for a while after continuing, “is it Taecyeon?”

“Wha—no, no it’s not him. I didn’t even know he was going to ask me if you haven’t said. And yeah, not him.”

“So.. is he someone from school? Someone I know, maybe?” Baekhyun continued asking.

“Yeah, I think you know her. She’s pretty popular around here.” Taeyeon’s smile widened as she saw the dark caramel strands moved, the owner might have flinched.

“Wh—she? Did you say she?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened as she saw the blush on Taeyeon’s cheeks.

“Y-yeah. She.”

“So you swing that way?” Baekhyun regained his composure, standing properly again with his hands shoved inside his pockets.

“I mean, don’t get me wrong. I just never thought you were.. you know,” he added.

“Gay, yes.” Taeyeon said with a nod.

“I’m sorry Taeyeon, this must have been awkward for you,” he said and smiled apologetically at Taeyeon.

“Oh no, it’s fine, really. No need to apologize.”

“Anyway, I’m off now. Must find another prom date.” Baekhyun’s lips broke into a boyish smile.

“Hey, how about I give you a date?”

“Oh, don’t worry about me.”

“No, really. I think I have the perfect date for you.” The idea made Taeyeon grin.

Baekhyun scratched the back of his head before agreeing.

“She’s a middle schooler, but don’t worry she’s on third grade already and she’s really beautiful. Heck she even talks like she’s older than me.” Taeyeon chuckled.

“Well, whatever you say. But would outsiders be allowed?”

“Did you just forget who you’re talking to?” Taeyeon then winked and Baekhyun chuckled.

“Sneaky,” he said before bidding Taeyeon goodbye.

When Baekhyun went out of her sight, Taeyeon then looked at the dark caramel strands that were still on the previous spot. She unlocked the office door and purposely closed the door with a loud thud. She sat on the leather covered sofa and waited. After a couple of seconds, the door opened and closed hastily with the lock clicking. Taeyeon grinned at the visitor.

“Kim Taeyeon!” Jessica stood in front of Taeyeon with arms crossed. Taeyeon furrowed her brows at Jessica.

“You are not making Krystal Baekhyun’s prom date!” she added and Taeyeon’s grin widened.

“But Sica, don’t you think they are perfect? Plus he’s a good guy and he’ll take care of Krystal.” Taeyeon reached for Jessica’s hand before pulling the girl down. Jessica ended up straddling Taeyeon on the lap.

“Are you playing cupid now?” Jessica wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s neck as Taeyeon wrapped her arms around Jessica’s hips, pulling her closer.

“Baby, I can’t be cupid when you’re Aphrodite. Isn’t it creepy making out with your offspring?” Taeyeon grinned cheekily and Jessica blushed.

“Who are you then? Hephaestus?” Jessica stuck her tongue out and laughed.

“Hmmm,”

“You are Venus then, my roman counterpart, since you symbolize love for me.” Jessica said and leaned in to peck on Taeyeon’s lips.

The supposedly chaste kiss, however, became heated as tongues darted out from their mouths and Taeyeon’s hands roamed around Jessica’s body.

Oxygen was becoming scarce and they had to break the kiss. Taeyeon leaned her head against Jessica’s chest, inhaling Jessica’s strawberry scent.

“So, who’s this ‘she’ that you’re bringing to prom? You sounded excited.” Jessica asked after gaining her breath.

Taeyeon cuddled Jessica closer, pushing her face closer to Jessica’s chest.

“Aphrodite,” she mumbled against the fabric of Jessica’s blouse.

Jessica’s lips tugged upwards.

“And what made you think that Aphrodite would go to the prom with you?” She teased but Taeyeon stayed still, face in her chest and all.

“Because,” she started as she thinks of something to throw back at Jessica. Finding none, she raised her head and brought her lips to the skin below Jessica’s ear. Her lips touched the skin as she spoke, “I love you.”

Jessica’s eyes rolled back as Taeyeon’s warm breath hit her skin. It had always been a wonderful feeling, but Taeyeon’s words made the moment more beautiful.

“I thought I’d never hear that.” She groaned as Taeyeon continued her assault on the sensitive skin.

Taeyeon then leaned back as she searched for Jessica’s eyes.

“I love you, Jessica Jung,” she said as their eyes met and locked.

“I love you Taengoo..” A warm smile appeared on Jessica’s lips before she leaned closer to Taeyeon, capturing the girl’s lips in another passionate kiss.

**

“Hey, you want spaghetti, girl?” Sooyoung teased as she put her lunch down on the table.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as their friends laughed. Yoona opening to its maximum glory while Sunny and Yuri tried holding their laughter but failed as they, too, burst out laughing.

“Awww, why are you doing this to my Taengoo~” Jessica whined cutely and winked at Taeyeon.

A dorky grin then replaced the pout on Taeyeon’s lips.

“Sooooooooooo~” Sooyoung said and her friends’ attentions turned towards her, waiting for her to continue.

“I was thinking,” a fork with food was brought to before continuing, “if you guys want to stay over my grandparents’ house for the weekend? They’re having a little celebration and appa said I should bring you guys along since the house could accommodate all of us.”

Sunny was smiling widely at the end of Sooyoung’s proposal, her head ready to nod vigorously.

“If I remember right, your grandparents live by the beach, right?” Yoona asked and Sooyoung nodded.

“I’m in!” Yuri exclaimed happily.

“Me too! Me too!” Sunny then chimed in like a child, making Sooyoung laugh.

“If there is food then I’m in too.” Yoona said with a wide grin.

“So, Taeyeon? Sica?” All the attention then turned to the couple as they wait for their answer.

“Err.. if Sica will go, then I’m in too.” Taeyeon then turned to look at her girlfriend.

“Can I bring Krystal along? I’m not sure if my mom’s going to let me go alone,” she answered as her gaze shifted from Sooyoung to Taeyeon.

“That’s a plan then!” Sooyoung happily said and fist pumped.

“We’ll meet up on the bus station on Friday at six, okay?” she added.

“Buutttttt, I don’t like riding buses! Can’t we bring Taeng’s car instead?” Yuri whined and looked expectantly at Taeyeon.

“Yah! Nerd! Why are you so whiny! You’re so irritating. Aish!” Yoona glared at Yuri. The latter just stuck her tongue out at Yoona like the many times she did.

“No, Taeyeon’s car is too small for all of us,” Sunny countered and Sooyoung nodded.

“Well, I think I can borrow my brother’s SUV since he’s in the states.” Yuri’s eyes then lit up at Taeyeon’s suggestion.

“Ohmahgaahhh! I love you Taeng!” Yuri was about to stand up and hug Taeyeon when Jessica threw her arms around Taeyeon in a protective manner.

“Jeeez, not gonna steal your spaghetti girl, alright,” she said and rolled her eyes at Jessica. The latter just stuck her tongue out at Yuri.

“So, it’s set then? Let’s meet up at my appa’s bar instead. Same time same day.” The group nodded their heads at Sooyoung’s instructions.

**

Days went by fast and the group of seven found their selves settled inside the red SUV Taeyeon had brought along. They were currently traveling along the roads of Tongyeong were Sooyoung’s grandparents live. It had been almost four hours of driving and Taeyeon’s was starting to get numb.

“Taengoo, take a rest first.” Jessica said when she noticed Taeyeon fidgeting on her seat.

Taeyeon then smiled and held Jessica’s hand with her right hand.

“I’m fine. You should sleep and take a rest,” she ordered as she patted Jessica’s hand.

“No, I’m keeping you company.” Jessica answered with a grin.

“Here, drink some water,” she said and held the bottled water close to Taeyeon’s mouth as the girl drank from it.

“I like driving with you beside me.” Taeyeon said and turned to look at Jessica for a quarter of a second.

After an hour, the group stood in front of a two-storey house. The upper floor was made of big woods while the first floor was made of concrete. They went inside and were greeted by Sooyoung’s parents and grandparents.

“So, how was the trip?” Sooyoung’s father asked as soon as they all settled in the cozy living room.

“It was fine, but I’m hungry.” Sooyoung complained, rubbing her stomach.

“How about you, Taeyeon?” Mr. Choi then averted his attention to Taeyeon.

“It was.. errr,” she smiled awkwardly while scratching her thigh.

“Her is numb, I heard Jessie and her talking in the car.” Krystal commented and Mr. Choi chuckled.

“And my back aches,” Taeyeon pouted cutely at Jessica.

“How about giving your driver a massage?” she whispered to Jessica and a mischievous grin appeared on her lips.

“Baby, I’m tired too. I need my sleep, it’s almost midnight.” Jessica answered cutely while she let her head fall in Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Should I give you a massage then?” Taeyeon wiggled her brow at her suggestion. Jessica then slapped her thigh and Taeyeon laughed.

“The lovebirds are on their own world again.” Sunny commented which earned laughter from the group.

After eating dinner and washing up, they were ushered into a large room with mattresses neatly placed all over the floor.

“You can all share a room, right?” Mrs. Choi said as she opened the door to the room. The group nodded happily.

Jessica shared a mattress with Taeyeon while Krystal, Yoona and Sooyoung shared a mattress as Yuri and Sunny did.

“Good night guys!” Yuri yelled as she turned the lights off.

“Jessie, no funny business.” Krystal reprimanded, making the other girls chuckle.

“Yah! Jung Soojung! Shut up and sleep already—“ Jessica gasped when she felt Taeyeon’s hand on her stomach, under her shirt.

“Kim Taeyeon! What the hell?” she hissed in a low voice, swatting Taeyeon’s hand away but the stubborn girl just keeps bringing her hand back to Jessica’s stomach.

“Okay, I’m really sleeping now. Just keep it down you guys, I don’t need you corrupting my innocent mind.” Sunny commented.

“Yaa—yaaaah!” Jessica countered but was once again cut off by Taeyeon.

“Sleep now, my Aphrodite.” With a kiss on the lips, Taeyeon pulled Jessica closer, cuddling her to sleep.

That night, Jessica slept with a smile on her lips.