YoonYul Special Chapter

Kiss Me

Dear readers, please forgive me for the lack of updates. I am having a hard time :( but please be ensured that this story will continue. I made this special chapter because some of you might be wondering how YoonYul became 'close' after a dance on prom night. And yes, there's no TaengSic in here, I'm sorry :( but the next chapters will be focused on TaengSic so I hope that you'll still stick around. I just needed a little distraction since I can't make up my mind right now -__- Anyways, enjoy this chapter! :)

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Two figures sat side by side on a lone bench by the lake as silence enveloped their presence. The thinner of the two fiddled with the grass using her right foot. She brought her face up to face the setting sun in front of them before glancing at the silent girl beside her. The girl’s face was scrunched, as if she was digging deep in her brain, searching for something—anything to say. Yoona made a face at her companion’s behavior. The girl had been acting strange for the past few days; not answering her calls, always out when she would drop by.

“Let’s break up,” the girl uttered in a low voice as she dropped her head.

Yoona blinked once, twice, thrice too many while she shook her head. Did she hear it right? Was the girl talking to her? She looked around. There was no one but them; of course the girl was talking to her. Yoona’s heart tightened, as if pumping blood was the hardest thing to do at the moment. Whatever happened to forever and always? To infinity and beyond? They were a team, partners, lovers. But.. but..

“Why?” was all Yoona could say in a weak voice. The girl, on the other hand, stayed immobile; breath hitching, readying herself for the slaps and kicks and whatever Yoona would decide to give her. But it never came.

“I—we’re not.. not ready.. yet. I can’t com-mmit.” The girl answered honestly, her head still hung low.

Yoona swallowed the lump that had formed in , keeping her tears at bay as she stood up.

“Alright then. It was nice playing games with you, Yuri.” With her back facing Yuri now, Yoona wiped the few droplets of tears that managed to escape from her eyes.

As if the heavens knew how she felt, dark clouds covered the once orange and pink hue of the beautiful sky and soon growling sound echoed in Yoona’s ears, just in time her tears flowed freely on her cheeks, accompanied by the rain that unexpectedly poured. She was soaked, inside and out.

Yuri glanced at Yoona’s retrieving figure for the last time. “Goodbye, summer love.” She whispered, tilting her head back to welcome the raindrops that harshly hit her face.

**

Yoona walked aimlessly, leaving her mind and heart to the tanned girl. Of course this was inevitable; Yuri leaving her or her leaving Yuri. Didn’t summer flings work that way? But she hoped against hope that their story would be different. That somehow, this summer fling would last through all the seasons. But she was a fool to believe, a fool to hope. Because really, summer flings were called summer flings for a reason. She laughed bitterly at her own thoughts. Of course those sweet nothings were nothing too. It was all part of the game, right? Make poor Yoona fall in love and break her fragile little heart. Was that it? Maybe yes. Definitely yes.

She dropped her body to the ground, hugging her knees close to her chest. The sky growled louder, mocking her. Stupid Yoona falling for a summer fling. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

She brought both her hands up to , sealing it shut as sobs become too uncontrollable. The rain continued to pour harshly above her. Wet hair covered her face as rain and tears blurred her vision, but she didn’t mind.

The rain stopped pouring and Yoona looked up with blurred vision, only to see two figures standing before her. The other had extended her umbrella towards Yoona, shielding her from the rain. The shorter girl bent down, examining her. Dainty finger swept all the wet hair off her face and Yoona’s eyes focused on two light brown orbs before darkness consumed her vision, body falling to endless darkness and two long arms held her tight.

“Is she okay?” A nasally voice spoke as Yoona succumbed to fatigue.

**

Yoona opened her eyes groggily, shivering from the coldness she’s feeling. She pulled the comforter up to her chin as her lips trembled. The bed was comfortable and fragrant but it didn’t help much to ease Yoona’s coldness as her body continued to shiver under the comforter. She looked around and took in her surroundings. Realizing that the room was unfamiliar, she bolted up from bed. She looked down at her clothes, brows furrowing at the realization that she had changed into dry clothes.

“Oh, you’re awake. How are you feeling?” A tall girl with thin frame came in with a bowl in her hand.

“She’s awake?” Another girl came behind her, holding a glass of water and what looked like medicines in her other hand.

Yoona didn’t say anything as her eyes frantically searched for her own clothes. The girls may have noticed her and the taller of the two spoke, “Your clothes are in the laundry.”

Yoona could only nod as a blush crept up on her cheeks at the thought of these two girls undressing her.

“Here, eat first then drink those.” The tall girl said, offering Yoona the bowl of porridge, and pointed at the medicine on the other girl’s hands.

Yoona took the bowl from the girl and her body shivered again as coldness overtook.

“Lay down instead,” the shorter girl spoke as she approached the bed and sat on the edge of it.

“Soo, feed her,” she ordered the tall girl which the latter nodded, beckoning Yoona to lay down on the now elevated pillow.

“Tha—thanks..” Yoona weakly said as her head hits the pillow. The tall girl grinned while the shorter offered her a small smile.

After finishing the bowl of porridge, Yoona was then fed with medicines. She grimaced at the bitter aftertaste, making the two girls chuckle.

“I’m Sooyoung, and this is Jessica. What’s your name?” The tall girl, Sooyoung, tilted her head to the side.

“Yo—Yoona.”

“Oh, nice meeting you Yoona!” Sooyoung beamed before keeping the bowl and the glass.

“So, why were you soaking yourself yesterday?” Jessica spoke as she helped Yoona to lie down properly on bed.

“Ye—yester..day?” Yoona looked at her with puzzled looks.

“Yeah, you slept for almost a day.” Jessica nonchalantly replied.

“Re-really?”

Jessica nodded her head, answering Yoona’s inquiry.

Events from the day before clouded Yoona’s mind again and another set of tears were threatening to fall but she fought it and swallowed the lump that had formed in once again.

“No—nothing. I..” Yoona trailed off, not really knowing what to say or if she really wanted to share.

“Never mind then. But please get well first before going back to your home, yeah?” Jessica smiled warmly at Yoona and patted the top of her head.

“You are too thin, are you even eating in your house?” Jessica’s lips then formed to a frown. Yoona’s heart fluttered at the voice that was laced with concern.

“But don’t worry, my mom cooks well. What’s your favorite dish? And maybe we can call your parents to inform them you are here?” Yoona could only nod at Jessica while the latter rambled about how dangerous it was for her being out in the rain.

It was a start of a new friendship. Yoona’s saving grace came in the form of one Ice Princess and a Giant Shikshin.

**

It was the start of High School and Yoona found herself enrolling in the same school with Sooyoung and Jessica. She had forgotten about her summer fling and moved on happily with the help of her friends, though why and how they found her under the pouring rain still remained a mystery to the two. But they didn’t mind and didn’t probe, respecting Yoona’s privacy.

They were lounging at the grass covered ground where picnic tables were situated, like they always did for their lunch break, when her eyes accidentally caught the sight of a familiar girl. She blinked and rubbed her eyes just to confirm she wasn’t seeing things. The image, however, stayed. Two tables away from them was Kwon Yuri with two short girls, laughing like there’s no tomorrow. She was now wearing a thick and big eye-glass, her hair shorter than the last time she saw her. Her clothes were different from a year ago, they were more old-fashioned. Yoona bit her upper lip as nostalgia crept in. She quickly looked away, pretending that the tanned girl doesn’t exist anymore.

Yuri looked over the table near theirs and Jessica Jung instantly caught her sight. She came from the same Middle School with Barbie, as what she fondly calls her. She was captivated by the girl’s physical features at first sight, but it was just mere admiration. Her sight shifted to the tall girl beside Barbie, Choi Sooyoung. The two girls were inseparable ever since Yuri could remember. Jessica was always there to protect Sooyoung when the latter would be bullied. Yuri smiled at the sweet friendship she had the privilege to witness. Her eyes then widened as she took in the sight of a tall, thin, beautiful girl. The most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Even more beautiful than Barbie. It was Yoona, her Yoona. Guilt started kicking in when she took in the appearance of the girl who got thinner over the year. But she looked happy. Tears started building in Yuri’s eyes as the image of a crying Yoona reappeared on her head.

She looked at Yoona with sad eyes, heart beating fast, just like how it did that summer. They were young then and she was indecisive. After the break up, she never saw Yoona again. The girl had avoided her. Well, it wasn’t like she tried reaching out to Yoona again. She believed it was the right thing to do. She surrounded herself with books and projects, thus meeting Taeyeon and Sunny through group studies.

She excused herself from her friends, earning weird looks from them.

**

When Jessica started hanging out with Taeyeon and her friends, Yoona found herself trapped in the past once again. She didn’t want to appear weak in front of Yuri so she tried ignoring the girl, with head held high. But the tanned girl always gets into her nerves, and she can’t stop herself from mocking Yuri in every chance she could.

And when Jessica and Taeyeon got together, Yoona wanted to protest but seeing how happy Jessica was, she shut her own selfish reasons. She endured Yuri’s presence. There were the inevitable rendezvous that Yoona hated the most, but can do nothing but to oblige, like one drunken night at Sooyoung’s father’s bar when she woke up wrapped inside Yuri’s arms the next morning. She hastily swatted the girl’s arms away, not minding if she’ll wake Yuri. The tanned girl had blushed and apologized while mending her headache.

And today, Yoona found herself seated beside Yuri once again inside Taeyeon’s SUV for their weekend getaway at Sooyoung’s grandparents’ city. Yoona had always loved their place; it was quiet and peaceful out there. But this weekend, she would have to endure Yuri’s presence.

She hopped out of the car as soon as they arrived in front of the big house, earning confused looks from Sooyoung.

Saturday night came and the group was invited for a barbecue party by the Choi brothers. The group were scattered in a circle with a bonfire in the center. Yoona busied herself with the food but her eyes can’t stop glancing at the tanned girl two person away from her. Yuri was having a conversation with the two Chois and Sunny. After dinner, Jessica and Taeyeon had excused themselves for a walk while she and Sooyoung continued filling their stomachs with the barbecue. The Chois had bid them goodbye as it was almost midnight. Krystal followed shortly, saying that she was already sleepy and won’t wait for Jessica. Sooyoung and Sunny excused their selves too, bringing the utensils and dishes back to the house, leaving Yoona and Yuri alone as they wait for Jessica and Taeyeon to return.

The cold wind blew and Yoona instinctively wrapped her arms around her thin frame when a warm piece of clothing landed on top of her body. She looked up, only to see Yuri smiling shyly at her.

“You should have brought your jacket.” The tanned girl turned her head towards the center where the bonfire once was.

Yoona didn’t answer; instead she took the jacket off of her body, offering it back to the tanned girl.

“Please, just until Taeng and Sica comes back.” Yuri said, pushing the jacket back to Yoona.

“May I?” Yuri asked, pointing at the space beside Yoona. The girl didn’t answer and Yuri sat down beside her.

“We used to do this on summer. Do you remember?” The corner of Yuri’s lips twitched.

“How can I ever forget,” came Yoona’s response with much bitterness.

Yuri’s smile dropped as her heart skipped a beat.

“I..” Yuri glanced at Yoona before proceeding, “I’m sorry, Yoong.”

Yoona jerked lightly at the old nickname. It sounded nice coming from Yuri. It had always sounded nice.

“It’s all in the past now. It shouldn’t be brought up again.” Yoona spoke with stern voice and a straight face, not showing any emotion for Yuri to read.

“We were young. And—“ Yuri wanted to explain but Yoona cut her off.

“Let’s leave it in the past, Yuri-ssi. There’s no use crying over spilled milk.” Yoona said with finality as she began to stand up. Yuri cringed at the formality.

Yuri acted on impulse, pulling Yoona by the wrist before she could walk off. Yoona lost her balance and landed on Yuri’s lap with wide eyes. Yuri wasted no time and immediately sealed Yoona’s lips with hers. It took a while before she felt Yoona’s lips moving with her and she can’t help but smile as the feeling of Yoona’s lips against hers brought nostalgia. She was fifteen again, the glaring sun kissing her skin while her fingers interlaced with Yoona’s long and thin ones. The wind occasionally blowing their hair, making them laugh. She was fifteen again, with no care in the world. They were fifteen again and so in love. Yoona’s lips felt the same, the familiar banana lip balm transferring to Yuri’s lips.

Yuri never fails to make the butterflies in Yoona’s stomach to go crazy whenever her lips meet Yoona’s. It was always the same familiar lips that Yoona had been yearning for. And it hits Yoona; she yearns for Yuri. After all this time, she still yearns for Yuri.

Yuri broke the kiss but her hold on Yoona tightened. Resting her forehead against Yoona, she closed her eyes and inhaled a lung-full of Yoona’s scent. A smile then found its way to her lips.

Yoona, on the other hand, snapped out of her trance and pushed Yuri away from her. She stood up and glared at Yuri.

“Don’t ever do that again!” She hissed before walking back to the big house.

She wasn’t able to sleep that night, images of Yuri’s lips against her haunted her thoughts. It didn’t help that the girl was sleeping in the same room with her.

**

It was prom night and everyone wore their best dress. Yuri looked across her on the table and saw Yoona fiddling with her food. She looked really beautiful in her beige tube dress. Her hair was waved at the end and her makeup was light but Yoona had always been beautiful with or without makeup. Yuri kept glancing at the doe-eyed girl like she was some painting in an art gallery.

Yoona felt eyes on her but she couldn’t bring herself to meet the culprit’s gaze because she knew that she’d only drown inside those black orbs. Yuri was exceptionally beautiful tonight. Her red dress had Yoona’s eyes staring when she came inside the banquet hall. She pretended to busy herself with her food as the others engaged their selves in conversations. Baekhyun came to their table but Yoona still had her head bowed, not greeting the guy.

The group had left the table, leaving Yoona and Yuri yet again, the scene from the bonfire replaying in Yoona’s head.

“Yoong,” came Yuri’s voice. Yoona looked up to the girl briefly before bringing her attention back to the plate in front of her.

“Let’s dance.” Yuri said, offering a hand to Yoona. But before Yoona could protest, she was being dragged to the dance floor by Yuri. They stood there for a moment before Yuri brought Yoona’s hands to her neck and her hands held Yoona tightly by the waist. They swayed, and for the first time in five years, Yoona looked deeply into Yuri’s eyes.

“You’re so beautiful tonight.” Yuri whispered as her black orbs connected with Yoona’s brown ones. Doe-like eyes stared back at her with the same intensity.

“No, wait, you’ve always been beautiful,” she added with a sheepish smile.

Yoona’s lips formed into a small smile before her cheeks heat up.

Yuri then leaned in and captured Yoona’s lips in a quick, chaste kiss, not giving Yoona the time to reciprocate the action.

“I’m sorry.” Yuri sadly said and kissed the tip of Yoona’s nose. The latter just nod her head.

“Will you take me again?”

Yoona’s heartbeat quickened as she tried processing Yuri’s words.

“You.. want me.. you want me.. take.. you.. you want me to.. take you again?” Yoona stuttered, not believing her own ears.

“I know it sounds absurd. But I still want you, Yoong.” Yuri said with much clarity.

“But.. but you said.. we.. you didn’t want.. to co-commit.. ri-right?”

Yuri looked away as guilt started kicking in again. Yoona cupped her face to turn it back towards her, connecting their eyes once again.

“Kwon Yuri, you are not breaking my heart again. I am not letting you.” Yoona said with the same clarity as Yuri.

“I know. It was foolish of me to ask.” Yuri smiled sadly at the doe-eyed girl.

“And I’m not breaking your heart tonight.” Yuri furrowed her brows as Yoona smiled sweetly at her.

“It would be nice if we start over.” Yoona added and pushed herself a little, away from Yuri.

“Hi, I’m Yoona.” She grinned, extending a hand to Yuri.

“Yuri. Kwon Yuri.” Yuri returned the grin and shook Yoona’s hand.

“Well, would you like to be my prom date tonight?” Yuri asked cheekily as she pulled Yoona closer again.

“I would love too.” Yoona answered, encircling her hands back to Yuri’s neck.

“How about tomorrow night? And the night after tomorrow? And the night after that? And the night after that night?” Yuri asked with a dorky smile.

“Yes, yes, yes and yes and yes, you dork.” Yoona giggled as she pinched Yuri’s nose playfully.

“And the night a year from now?” Yuri asked again, not being able to hold her happiness.

“And the year after that. And another year, until we can’t walk properly anymore.” Yoona played along.

“Im Yoona, are you proposing right now? Because you know, straightforward girls aren’t really my thing. But if you like me that much then it’s a yes.” Yuri joked and grinned.

Yoona shook her head as she tightened her hold on Yuri.

“I just realized how much I missed you.” Yoona said seriously.

Yuri leaned in and kissed Yoona’s forehead.

“I missed you more.”

On prom night, Yoona’s heart started beating again. And on prom night, Yuri promised Yoona forever and always again. Only this time, she plans on keeping it.

 

 

-------

Again, I apologize for no TaengSic. :(