The sky outside is gray like a storm

The Fading Tone of Bells

 

"You took a while."

"I took your advice and headed out to Seodaemungu." Chen replies. "Before you ask, it was...interesting."

"That's good." Yixing nods airily. "But I did miss you. No one ever comes as often as you do nowadays. Most of the mudang don't really consult with me anymore, except for the big things and the annual rituals."

Jongdae chuckles, "Yes. They depend on other people now to tell them of the dangers. It's just a result of people getting used to ghosts and learning to identifying them. There isn't that silly thing of disbelief now. If something weird is happening, then it's time to call in a mudang."

"I know. It makes me sad, but also happy. It's more time with you, but you're not always here," Yixing states, then his eyes drift off into the distance.

"You're being more sane today." Jongdae observes, even as Yixing takes a while to respond. "Yes, because there's only one voice speaking today; and it's saying, danger, danger, danger."

"Where?" Chen asks. "Should I go alert someone else?"

"No," Lay shakes his head. "Only you can deal with this. West Gangnam, someone has been keeping a loved one stored away. It's a little late but I did say you took a while."

Chen doesn't say anything. He only goes.