The Voice

Two Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Prince Leo? Prince Leo?"

The prince snapped out of his own world, finally turning to the princess who had been calling his attention for quite a few moments then. "Huh? I didn't get that," He tried to convince the princess that he was listening; it's just that he missed out some points.

"You're clearly not listening," Princess Amanda let out a short demure laugh before continuing, "I said, Chopper's voice was amazing. He sounded like someone familiar, I couldn't tell who."

"Oh," he uttered as he nodded and focused once again outside the window. Princess Amanda was disappointed because she didn't get enough reaction, so she just shook her head and looked on the other direction.

"May I just know why you're spacing out?" She asked without looking at the prince who turned to her again.

Prince Leo sighed. "I apologize. I actually don't know."

He lied. He completely knew why he was spacing out. What made him space out was Chopper's performance with the mystery guy named Kong. The latter's voice had a rich deep tone that perfectly fit Chopper's high notes, even if the prince thought Kong wasn't really into singing that much. Kong wasn't the best person to have a duet with Chopper, but surely, he was jealous.

And that time, he wanted to sing and try singing what they sang. It's as if he wanted to open his mouth and sing with the two. But when he was about to, he realized that he was in a public place.

Princess Amanda didn't speak until they arrived back at the princess's palace. "Thanks for the dinner, Prince Leo," she bowed as a sign of gratitude. "Until next time."

Prince Leo nodded. He waited for Princess Amanda to enter the palace.

"You're quiet," said the chauffeur. "Well, it's isn't new, but I think you have something in your mind right now."

"I'm tired," Prince Leo commented and looked outside. After an hour of driving back to the North, he was surprised at what he saw. Jaehwan was walking with someone and they looked like they were having fun - seeing the way the two guys laughed at each other. Jaehwan was clingy at that person, and the other man was just smiling.

The car just passed by the two, and Prince Leo couldn't keep his eyes away from them.

"Is there a problem, Sire?" asked the driver.

"Nothing," He replied and straightened his body on his seat. "Really nothing."

***

He could have been asleep, but not yet, just because he wanted to play the grand piano just outside his room.

The grand piano wasn't really for playing but just for decoration. Every palace needed one - and he didn't know why. He kept on asking what the point of displaying a grand piano if no one would actually play it.

He tried few years back when his mother was still teaching him. But he never did it again, because his father would always stop him from doing so.

"I want to sing," he murmured to himself as he sat on his bed. He opened his mouth and tried singing the same song that Jaehwan sang last. Then, he suddenly pictured Jaehwan singing with that person he was with an hour ago. He stopped singing. And he shook his head to get rid of the thought.

"Why am I even like this? I am too concerned," Prince Leo commented. "I think that guy was that Hongbin."

He wasn't sure why he was too curious about Hongbin and Jaehwan. Maybe because he was not used to Jaehwan talking to someone else than him, bothering someone else than him. Well, it didn't look like the guy was bothered. He enjoyed being with Jaehwan.

That Hongbin guy must be too special. Or maybe, he's Jaehwan's one and only friend.

"I should just sleep," he said to himself again.

***

"Good morning!"

Hongbin woke up early and prepared Jaehwan's breakfast. He thought that Jaehwan was too tired and too sleepy because they were still eating and talking about random things about midnight.

Jaehwan scratched his eyes like a kid, but he gave Hongbin a smile before he sat down on his chair. Hongbin waited for Jaehwan to sit before he sat on the chair across Jaehwan. "I made you breakfast."

"Yep, I can see that," Jaehwan finally stopped scratching his eyes and looked at the meal in front of him. "Seriously, Binnie. You don't need to prepare my breakfast."

"Eh, this is just a little appreciation, Jaehwan. Don't worry, it's alright with me," Hongbin gave him a wide grin. Hongbin took the serving spoon, scooped some food for Jaehwan and put some in his plate.

Jaehwan chuckled. "What's with you today?"

"You know, I've thought of something. But promise me you won't laugh," Hongbin asked Jaehwan who just nodded in response. "I thought that I wanted to go to the same university as you!"

Jaehwan got his chopsticks and ate his food. "I think it'll be fine."

"Really?" Hongbin's eyes twinkled. "It's been my dream to study with you, Prince Ken!"

Jaehwan laughed loudly. "You're being corny today, Lee Hongbin."

Hongbin clapped his hands excitedly. "I am going to submit my records to your university today then."

Jaehwan chewed his food as he nodded. "Hmm. You are certainly improving in cooking, Hongbin. This food is fine."

"Glad you liked it, Your Highness," Hongbin acted like he was going to bow as a sign of acceptance to the compliment. "Let's go to your university together so that I can pass the requirements as early as possible."

Jaehwan nodded once again as he scooped another mouthful. "I wonder," he said in the middle of chewing his food. "I wonder why you like to study with me now. We've been always in a separate school when we were in Europe because you said you wanted me to have some privacy. How come you're taking it back now?"

"I want to be by your side as often as possible, Jae."

Jaehwan nearly spat his food from his mouth. He was not used to Hongbin calling him like that, and the only time when he called him that was when Hongbin accidentally drank a glass of tequilla - which was really in a water glass - and he got drunk. Jaehwan remembered that time when Hongbin flirtily repeated that name - not only that, Hongbin kept on repeating the words 'I love you' to him. And the next day, he forgot everything that happened. "Seriously Lee Hongbin. Stop."

"What?" Hongbin asked. "I like calling you that."

"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter