The Contract

Two Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prince Leo felt that it was the best decision - actually second best after loving Yunji - that he had made. Aside from that, Jaehwan looked really pleased with his decision.

He stayed at the backstage while waiting for Jaehwan. He was called by the bar's manager after he had finished his performance. Prince Leo had no choice but to stay there because he needed to talk to Jaehwan about his plans and conditions.

It wasn't too long when Jaehwan came back with a white envelope in his hand. "Sorry Your Highness. I got my pay so..."

"How much did you earn?" Prince Leo wasn't really interested with the money, but he unbelievably wanted to set the mood in between him and Jaehwan before they talked about something Prince Leo knew would have a great impact on his title and him as a whole.

"Not much, but it wasn't bad either," Jaehwan answered and put the envelope in his bag. "Do you want something to eat?"

"No, I already ate," Prince Leo answered. "Now, let's talk about-"

"I haven't eaten yet. Can we talk after?" Jaehwan cut the prince's statement. Prince Leo gave him a blank stare, but in the end, the prince sighed in defeat. "We can talk while I am eating, if it's that what you wanted," Jaehwan said. He realized that the prince's schedule was tight, therefore, his time was precious.

Prince Leo nodded. "Go ahead and eat."

Jaehwan smiled and went near the door. But before he twisted the doorknob, he had turned to the prince and spoke, "Oh, you can remove your disguise here. No one can enter this room unless he or she is my visitor.

Not that Prince Leo refused to trust Jaehwan, but he didn't obey him. Jaehwan left and he came back literally after one minute.

"Oh, you haven't removed your mask?" Jaehwan asked as he put the plate of food on the table. Jaehwan went towards him and pulled the mask's string up from where it was hooked.

The prince twitched in pain when the elastic string broke and hit his face.

Jaehwan attended to the prince and touched the part of Prince Leo's face where the string created a small mark. "Oh my gosh! I'm very sorry! I'm so sorry, Your Highness! I didn't mean to-"

The prince held Jaehwan's hand then he looked at Jaehwan when he felt something weird as he touched Jaehwan's hand. He removed his grasp as if his skin had a contact with fire. "It's okay," he assured. Then, he touched his face. "It won't be that painful."

"I am worrying that you would send me to jail for hurting you," Jaehwan said as he sighed in relief. "I just find the disguise so annoying... I don't even know why."

Prince Leo's eyebrows created a furrow. How would his disguise be annoying to Jaehwan? "Because?"

"I don't really know," Jaehwan replied. "Anyway, you can just talk to me now, because I felt guilty all of a sudden. But do you mind me eating while talking to you?"

The prince shook his head. "Not at all."

Jaehwan went back to where he placed his food. He found a chair and sat on it, then he started eating. "Okay. So what do you want to tell me?"

"To be honest, I have no idea," Prince Leo honestly told Jaehwan. Or maybe he did, but he didn't know where to start. "I... I just felt that I wanted to continue singing."

"Continue?" Jaehwan asked to clarify. "Have you ever sung before with a vocal coach or anything?"

"She was not a vocal coach, but she loved singing," Prince Leo told Jaehwan about Yunji. Jaehwan raised an eyebrow. He knew that Prince Leo was talking about his ex-girlfriend. "Oh yeah, one thing. Nothing's getting out of this room. Our conversations are strictly confidential."

"Yeah," Jaehwan conitnued to munch on his food. "I g-get i-it," he said in between chewing. When he finally swallowed the food, he turned to the prince. "Okay, so this girl is your inspiration. Who is your inspiration now?"

Prince Leo was caught off-guard. He didn't really know what made him be sure that he wanted to sing again, but because Princess Amanda made him realize things, he answered, "The princess I was about to marry."

Jaehwan made an oh sound. "Princess Amanda! Don't tell me you're-"

"It doesn't mean I'm in love with her... I mean, it's not the same as what I felt about Yunji," Prince Leo denied. "Oh, shoot. I said a name."

"So, it's Yunji. The name is Yunji," Jaehwan teased, but it wasn't really offending to the prince. "But it's good to hear that the princess had something to do with your decision. Your inspiration," he took a spoonful of food in his mouth again before he continued, "w-would p-play," he cut his sentence and swallowed before he finished his sentence, "a great role to your singing. Without an inspiration, you won't be able to sing properly."

"Who's your inspiration then?" Prince Leo asked. He was curious. He really was. Because it seemed that Jaehwan had someone as an inspiration; saying those things wouldn't come from any random event of his life.

"Why are we suddenly talking about me?" Jaehwan laughed that he almost choked. He coughed simultaneously, trying to catch his breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter