The Past

Two Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He thought, it would be the end of his good image. Apparently not.

The man who had thick-framed glasses just smiled at him. The guy named Chopper looked around as if he was assessing the place before he asked him, "Did you enjoy the performance, Sire?"

Surprised and not being able to speak immediately, Prince Leo observed Chopper, and his eyes automatically landed on his nose. He has a charming nose, he thought. He couldn't help but to smirk at that thought, but he realized that Chopper got surprised when he smirked, so he just coughed intentionally so that he could stop smirking. "Yes, I did."

"I thought you didn't, and I thought you weren't really happy about it so that was your reaction," he laughed loudly. "Oh well, I know that you still have something in your list for tonight, but I am happy because the prince actually enjoyed my performance, and he became my special guest for tonight."

The prince looked at his watch he wasn't able to see the time.

"Uhm, if you're wondering what time is it, then I would say it's already seven-thirty in the evening," Chopper informed him.

Prince Leo gave him a how-did-you-know look, and Chopper laughed again. This guy has so many laughter. Look at his nose while he is laughing. He smiled unknowingly, yet again, but this time, Chopper did not mind it, however, he stopped laughing. "Thank you. I must go now."

"Bye then," Chopper told him. "Enjoy the party. And happy birthday, Prince Leo."

Prince Leo just stared at Chopper. He was the first one who greeted him for the day. It was weird, of course, that a stranger who just met the prince wouldn't really say that. No one, even his parents and close friends (which he had none, by the way), ever greeted him that morning. The tradition was that the guests of the party would be the first one who would greet him. And the interesting guy in front of him just broke a tradition. But it would not be right to not thank that person. So he did. "Thank you. Nice to meet you. I hope we could meet again someday."

"No, I think, we would really meet again," Chopper gave him a assuring smile. "Oh well, go now, Sire."

Prince Leo smiled plainly and went away without looking back.

His chauffeur was waiting for him outside.

"You've been too long, Sire," the chauffeur said, though it wasn't in a scolding way but in a worrying way. "I thought you were caught or something."

"Someone caught me," he told the chauffeur, and the latter immediately put his hand inside his pocket to get his phone. Knowing that the older man might call the body guards, Prince Leo stopped him. "No, it's alright. He didn't say anything."

"He is a good singer, no?" The chauffeur put his phone back to his pocket, then opened the royal car for the prince. Prince Leo entered the car and waited for the driver to enter as well. "I know he's a good guy, and you know, it's a good thing that he didn't reveal who you were to everyone earlier."

Prince Leo looked outside as the car left the place. "He is. But how did you know it was the singer who recognized me?"

"I just did. It is just something I want to show you, just because I want you to be happy today and because it's your day," the chauffeur glanced at the rear view mirror, and the Prince did too, and their eyes met. "Happy birthday, Taekwoon."

***

He was puzzled because Chopper didn't even tell everyone that he was there. And moreover, he didn't even act like he was talking to a royalty. That made the singer an interesting person. And Prince Leo really wanted to thank him for that.

They reached the palace fifteen minutes before the party. The Queen, of course was worried about him.

"I was so worried, Prince Leo," she said. "The chauffeur told me what happened. Don't worry, I will tell the p-"

"I am alright, Mom," he said and he hugged her. "I am alright."

"Okay," she broke free from the hug. "Just take a bath and dress up. The guests are already waiting."

The Queen left his room, and the Prince obeyed.

At exactly eight in the evening, the Prince went down to the ball room, and the guests gave him some recognition. It wasn't the same as how normal people celebrated their birthday. There were no out of tune birthday songs and cheesy birthday greetings. Everything was formal. It wasn't what he liked but he needed to comply. Besides, it always happened every year so he wasn't even expecting anything new.

When everyone had settled down, the emcee for the night announced that the Lee family had arrived. The Prince didn't know why he felt a bit uneasy, but for the first time, he was nervous to meet the Lee family.

"The royal King and Queen of South, and Princess Amanda of South."

Prince Leo gulped secretly as the door opened, and revealed the other royal family. The King and Queen of the South, along with their daughter walked in, and everyone in the ball room had his or her eyes in the family.

The Lee family bowed before Prince Leo as a sign of courtesy, and he did the same to recognize it. His eyes immediately glanced at the Princess who, for the first time, lifted her chin and smiled at him.

The people were right. She was beautiful. She looked like someone though, but he could not put himself to remember who.

After a few greetings, the Lee family went to sit with them in one long table. The Kings and Queens exchanged conversations about politics and other things, for which Taekwoon had no interest in. He glanced as his fiancee who was sitting directly in front of him. Their eyes met. She smiled at him, and he awkwardly smiled back at her.

"I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the future Queen of united Korea, Princess Amanda," the South King introduced his daughter proudly. Princess Amanda stood and bowed before the North King and Queen, the North Elders, and North Prince Leo. Prince Leo bowed slightly in recognition.

After a few minutes and few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter