The Ghost

Two Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

But His Highness didn't do what he had decided. Prince Leo still went to class, despite of his decision last night.

Things were on his side though. Jaehwan's classes weren't the same as his classes. He was relieved.

But it was awkwardly quiet again.

"Get your Business Math book," the professor said to his class. Prince Leo got his bag and searched for the book, but he realized that he did not have it. He snorted. The professor talked again. "I seriously don't know why we still are using books in this age. Technology has taken over the world."

"Seriously though," he murmured as he placed his bag under his table. He got his mini-tablet instead. "How I hate technology."

He preferred books than tablets and any gadgets. He was already living in the 22nd century yet he still clinging to the past two centuries where books were pretty popular. He liked the feeling of flipping the pages of the book. Weirdly enough, he thought he was the only one who preferred such.

No, he wasn't the only one. He remembered someone who liked writing in his notebook.

"Sorry I am late!" shouted one student who immediately sat beside him. He looked at the familiar student who was smiling at him. Prince Leo looked away at Jaehwan, but Jaehwan said something that caught the former's attention, making him look at the late student. "Geez, the music professor was seriously nice that I stayed a little longer to have a chat with him."

"You're taking an audit subject in music?" He asked with his soft voice. He blinked and looked at his mini-tablet as if he didn't ask anything. He secretly hoped that Jaehwan didn't hear what he asked, or he would bother him again.

"Well, actually, I am taking business management here, but I used to be a music major so yes, I am taking an audit subject, why? Are you interested?"

He has sharp ears. Prince Leo shrugged. "No," he answered softly. "Why would I be interested?"

"Mr. Lee, since you are late, can you please settle down and stop talking?" The professor scolded Jaehwan who just grinned widely and bowed in apology. "Where are your books?"

"Sir, we are living in 22nd century, going to 23rd now," said one classmate. "Why should we still use a book?"

Their classmates nodded and murmured in agreement.

"Because books are wonderful!" Jaehwan stood and told everyone. "Books cannot be replaced with technology, wherever we are. Books might have more syntax or grammatical errors, but technology's errors are far more worse."

"What are you, living in old times?" said one classmate and he laughed on Jaehwan's speech.

Jaehwan laughed as well. "No, I'm obviously a 22nd century baby, this is why I am cute like this!"

His classmates laughed. "What is the connection?"

"Nothing," Jaehwan smiled. "I just wanted to quit this discussion and let's just start the class. And don't deny it, I made you laugh!"

There was a roaring laughter in the room. Even the professor laughed. Prince Leo chuckled as well, so Jaehwan looked at him and grinned at him. Prince Leo coughed and covered his mouth to pretend that he didn't laugh. Jaehwan then sat and got the Business Math book that he borrowed from Prince Leo and gave it to him.

"I have my own copy now."Thank you very much, Prince Leo," Jaehwan pushed the book to the prince who received it without looking at Jaehwan. "I actually enjoy books than gadgets. I don't know why."

There he goes again, he thought.

***

Jaehwan fortunately didn't join the prince for lunch, to Prince Leo's content. The former said, not that he was interested, that Jaehwan was going to continue his conversation with the professor.

Prince Leo had a quiet lunch by himself. After eating his lunch, he went to find a room where he could sneak time before going back to class.

It had been his favorite sanctuary during break times (and he missed his time yesterday in doing so because of a certain Lee Jaehwan) - the old piano room located on the third floor of the Music Building. He could not go there because if Jaehwan found that place out, Prince Leo would not have a secret place anymore.

The hallway was quiet, as usual, because no one, not even the students who were taking music as their college course, was there. The piano room was never used anymore because there were stories that the room was haunted by an old student who died there while singing and playing the piano. Whatever the cause of his death was, Prince Leo didn't care. Neither did he want to believe it.

He opened the room and sat on the floor. Although the room was pretty much abandoned, he liked how clean it was. The janitor, Hyungwa, the only person who kne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter