The Meeting

Two Princes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the prince's nineteenth birthday.

The palace was busy in the preparation for the crown prince's birthday ball at eight in the evening. From the flower arrangements to the royal ensemble's choice of music - they all had to be perfect. The prince would be the first king of the unified Korea, that's why.

The royal duchess, who had been serving the Jung Kingdom for almost twenty years, was in charge of everything. Her mother and grandmother had witnessed the transition in the government and the coronation of the prince's grandfather, the first king, which happened almost fifty years ago and they both had served the royal family, and she herself had witness the birth of the prince.

The first king of the Jung family was crowned at the age of thirty and he died at the age of forty-eight old. His son, the second king of the Jung family and the current king, had married the current queen a year after the death of his father and was crowned right after. The prince was born three years after his coronation.

"The king would expect a grand ball," she told the servants. "Important guests, you know who they are, will be attending."

The most influential families and other important guests were invited. Of course, the family of his fiancee, the first daughter of the Lee family, would also come to congratulate him on the prince's birthday.

"Going well."

Everyone bowed to greet the prince coming down from the main staircase located at the center of the palace. He stood beside the royal duchess who was the first one to straighten up. "Good morning, Sire."

He just nodded and he went outside the palace to see the preparations.

He didn't speak as he looked everywhere. He just observed. It was normal for them - the prince was literally a man with few words.

"Sire, is everything alright?" The head servant, a man around forty years of age, asked. He was serving the monarch far longer than the royal duchess, and he was a friend of royal duchess' mother.

He tried to converse, but the prince just nodded, hesitating to speak.

"If there is anything I could help you, your Highness, please tell us and we'll get it... or them... for you," the man smiled at the prince before the latter bowed down as a sign of respect.

The prince nodded once again, that time, he spoke, "What do you think of my fiancee?

The head servant raised his chin and faced the prince. "What do you mean, Sire?"

The prince sighed. "I'd just see her later then." He finally left.

It would be his first time to see his fiancee.

It was too unbelievable and funny for him, that he was engaged to someone he had never met yet. Even his father was married to his mother whom the former loved the most. But then, they had already met when they were six years old and they became instant childhood lovers even before they became engaged. His case was very different. Not that he hated it. Not that there was no chance of falling in love with her before or after the wedding.

He heard from other people that the princess he was going to marry was very beautiful and elegant. Aside from that, he also heard that she was kindhearted and warm.

Even if he had not moved on yet, he knew that it would be exciting. Meeting someone who would play a large role in his life was a very exciting thing. He knew, because he already did. But nothing was left when it ended.

He went back in the palace and had his breakfast. It would really be a long and tough day.

***

His real name was Taekwoon and his royal name was Leo. He had always been seen as the perfect prince by his citizens. He was smart, wise, athletic and, to top it all, he was handsome. Every woman in the country liked him.

He was publicized as such, and his personality and identity were not really that far from what he really was. He was perfect. Even he himself knew it. But still, who could be that perfect?

He still wanted to try a lot of things although he was forbidden to. He grew up obeying every command from his father and the elders. He grew up as an ideal prince that ev

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter