Always here for you

My Heart and My Soul

Minseok stood up quickly from the bed, ignoring the dizziness he’s feeling for the abrupt action and glared at the man before him. The anger he felt is slowly rising to its highest level.

”What the hell is the meaning of this, Yifan?” he demanded.

The taller man smirked and folding his arms on his chest. “What does it look like, Minseok?”

“You kidnapped me! I want to go home.” He said while stomping his way to the door.

He’s one step away from the door when a pair of arms encircled his waist. He can feel Yifan’s strong chest against his back.

“Not so fast, baobei.”

A shiver runs through Minseok’s spine when he felt the other’s husky voice and warm breath ghosted his earlobe. A blush crept up his plump cheeks.  He can feel his heart beating faster.

No, not this again! He screamed in his mind.

He doesn’t want to feel this again. Not again.

“Let go of me, Yifan.”

“No.I’m not letting you go.” He can hear the determination in the man’s voice.

“Yifan- “

“You’re marrying me tomorrow night, baobei. Whether you like it or not.”

He was suddenly pushed back on to the bed. He stared in shock at the taller man hovering over him. Yifan’s piercing gaze bore right through his soul. There are many emotions that are flashing through the man’s eyes. Sadness, longing, anger, pain, guilt, and was it adoration and- love?

 

Wait!

Marriage?

Tomorrow night?

What the hell!

 

He pushed the man off him with all his might. Is he playing with me right now? This isn’t funny. Marriage? MARRIAGE?

 

“Are you out of your mind? What makes you think that I’ll marry you?”

“I’m not giving you any other option, Minseok.”

“No! I’m not marrying you. Let me out of here!” he screamed and made his way again towards the door but he was harshly pulled back again.

“You’re not getting out of here unless you marry me, baobei.” With that said, Yifan walked out the door.

He sat on the bed in a daze. He wanted to scream and bawl his eyes out. Memories of being jilted flooded his mind. He can’t breathe.

 

“Marry me, Minseok and I’ll love you forever.”

 

He promised me but look at us now. He’s happy with his new lover meanwhile he’s drowning himself with his own tears and self-pity. He wants to run away from all of this. He’s tired and drained from all the roller coaster of emotions.

He stood up from the bed and this time, he’s determined to get through that door and go back home.

To his surprise, the door was not locked. He thought Yifan locked him up. Hope filled him and with renewed strength he ran down the stairs, passed through the front door. He stepped out from the gate.

His knees gave out on what he saw.

They’re on an island in the middle of nowhere.

 

“Minseok.” Yifan sat next to him.

“Is there no way out?” he asked breathless.

“There’s only one way out, Min.” Yifan took his hand and brushed his thumb on his knuckles. “You’ll just have to marry me.”

The shorter man cried. He felt hopeless knowing that the other man was right. The only way he can get out of here is to marry him.

“I’m sorry, baobei. I’m also doing this for a precious friend.” Yifan whispered.

Minseok heard him but he didn’t pay any mind. His body began to go slack and was slowly lifted from the ground. Yifan carried him bridal style.

“I’ll never let you go again, baobei.”

 

The next morning…

 

 

Every line, mole, freckles, every angle and every curve are now engraved in Yifan’s memory. He spent hours staring at the man in his arms. He has been dreaming about this for a long time, and he had endured heartaches for many years watching Minseok being wrapped in someone else’s arms.

He remembered how Heechul tried his best to calm him when Zitao broke Minseok’s heart. And now, seeing him again in the same state crushed his heart to pieces. He wanted to embrace the smaller man and protect him from any harm and shield him from the harsh reality of the world. But then again, everyone needs to experience these types of hardships in life and he knew that Minseok is strong enough to overcome this and from today onwards he will make sure that the smaller man will not be alone anymore in facing such heartbreaking situations.

 

He was pulled out from his musings when the man beside him started making pitiful sobs in his sleep. He carefully wiped the tears that started streaming down the smaller man’s eyes.

 

“Yi…xing. Y-you promised. My heart hurts.” Minseok mumbled, eyes still close.

Yifan carefully shift the man’s position so he can spoon him. He held him tightly as if telling the sleeping man that he’s not alone and he’ll always be by his side from now on.

 

“I’m here, baobei. I love you. I’ll never leave you unless you tell me. I’ll make the pain go away. I love you, Kim Minseok.”