Chapter 16

DISCONTINUED: You can't hide who you truly are

Exo had woken up extremely early to depart the school, on their way to Endless town. "You guys ready to go?" Suho asked as they stepped outside Mystical High, the sky was still dark because it was so early in the morning and everyone was asleep.

"Why do we have to do this" Tao groaned, rubbing his tired eyes awake, the other members murmured sleepily in agreement.

"I'm tired too, but you guys should know we are doing this to help the world from being invaded by demons again." Suho said sternly.

 "Then why don't we just kill off the demons instead of finding the witch?" Xiumin argued.

"Because the witch is the one who created these demons in the first place, if we found the witch, the increasing population of demons would come to an end, after that, we can fight them off." Kris replied and gazed up at the sky, "come on, we need to get there before the whole school wakes up and questions us, the sky isn't getting any younger."

Kris transformed into a wolf and raced into the forest, the rest of Exo following behind his heels.

 

 

When they got there, Endless town was like a small city with empty stores and houses closing around the streets. Exo walked down a footpath that led to a vacant apartment, "let's rest here for the time being" Kris decided and went in with the other members trailing behind. There, they relaxed for a while and set off again later in the morning.

 

"So how are we going to find the witch?" Exo leisurely walked down a road filled with nothingness. "We will split into our sub-groups and have a look around for any clues." Suho commanded, Exo-k and Exo-m going separate ways.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ji-eun opened her eyes, bright light shone into her eyes and she squinted. She sat up from the couch she was sleeping on and looked around at the unfamiliar room she was in. Flashbacks of last night's events came back to her and she scrambled off the couch, pushing away the blankets, her thoughts jumbled.

Vampires.

Silent City.

Mind reader.

Darkness.

Where am I? Fear gripped at her but she forced herself to stay focused. Her thoughts were interrupted when the door swung open, revealing the tall vampire. He laid his eyes on her and brightened, "guys! She's awake!" He shouted, startling her. In a blink of an eye, all 7 vampires were there in the room.

Ji-eun scampered back into the couch clutching the blankets as if it was a barrier to protect her from the vampires.

"Why am I here?" She dared ask quietly.

The leader sighed, he couldn't read her mind now because she was afraid and confused. It was hard reading a mind when they're unfocused, it causes they're thoughts to muddle up and that would cause him a big headache from seeing too many thoughts flying around.

He had to somehow calm her down, "look, I'm sorry for what happened last night, we just wanted to know what you were doing at Silent City."

Ji-eun stared at him distrustfully.

"Let me introduce myself, I'm Sunggyu, we are Infinite and I'm their leader" He gestured to the others, "guys introduce yourselves."

The first vampire stepped forward and smirked "Woohyun." A buff vampire spoke "I'm Hoya."

"Sungjong" the feminine one said blandly. "Sungyeol at your service, little angel." said the tall vampire bowing playfully at her. "Hi, I'm Dongwoo" said a blond vampire, his smile gave Ji-eun the creeps.

The last vampire with striking looks stared hard at Ji-eun with an unreadable expression. After a few moments he said quietly, "Myungsoo," it was so quiet that Ji-eun had to lean forward a little in order to hear him.

"So In na, what were you doing in Silent-"

"In na?" Ji-eun asked puzzled.

Sunggyu scrutinized her, "that is your name, isn't it?" he asked slowly.

Ji-eun then remembered that she had indeed told them that her name was In na, last night. Why the name In na? Well for some wild short moment, she thought that if she could ever escape and they were looking for her, maybe Infinite would come find one of the EA duo under the name of In na and come after her instead. 

"Uh, yeah it is" Ji-eun nervously played with her fingers.

"Uh huh, anyway, why were you in Silent City? Who sent you? We know you’re hiding something from us." Woohyun sauntered over to the couch and sat down, Ji-eun shifted away from him.

 "No one sent me." She automatically answered.

"So you went to Silent City yourself? What are you hiding?" Sungjong questioned, observing her expression. Ji-eun frowned not trusting herself to say anything, what if they found out she was part witch?

"Why won’t you tell us? I know! You are the one we're looking for, you're the witch!" Sungyeol gasped.

Ji-eun's stomach turned over, "I was lost! Ok?!?! I was chased by panthers to Silent City-" she abruptly stopped and glared at Sungyeol, "-and don't even ask why, it's a long story. Anyway, I didn't know my way around the place and that was when I bumped into you guys." She burst out, immediately regretting it.

Sungyeol grinned, "how was my acting?" he said and Ji-eun stared at him in disbelief.

"Good job Yeollie," said Woohyun and he turned to Ji-eun "we know you're not the witch but we just wanted to make sure."

"Oh" Ji-eun was weak with relief but tensed up again as Sunggyu spoke. "We still can't let you go though,"

"What? Why not?" Ji-eun demanded, "You don't believe me?"

"You may not be the witch but you could be a messenger, if we let you go, you might go off telling the witch about us for all we know, besides, your story and situation only speaks suspicion to us, so you're staying here and that's final." Sunggyu stood up and walked out of room to who knows where. The rest of Infinite walked out as well glancing back at Ji-eun in the process.

Ji-eun collapsed against the couch wishing she could just sink into it and never come out. She had to be careful from now on, they were finding the witch and they had a very high possibility of succeeding. 

============================================================================================

A/N Here is another chappie for you! :D Oooh, now Ji-eun, Infinite and Exo are all in one place, what do you think is going to happen next? ;P

The setting is somewhat between modern and olden times so it can be a tad confusing. 

Also, thanks for subscribing and commenting! :D I love reading them! Anyway, look forward to the next chappie! And remember, comments, subscribing, votes and maybe even views give me lots of motivation! Especially comments ;D Thank you!