Not As Tough As He Seems

Royal Driver [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Awoken by the sunbeam glaring right behind his eyelids, Baekhyun was grumpy from the moment he opened his eyes.

“Can’t anyone close the ing curtains? Can't you see someone is sleeping?!!” His tone was too irked for someone who had just woken up on a bright day like that. Nevertheless, the grumpy Baekhyun did not care about it at all.

“I’m sorry but you need to wake up Sajangnim.” It was Luhan, of course it was always his god damn secretary. “The doctor said you could leave the hospital today and we need to leave as soon as possible before Mr. Byun gets back to Seoul and—“

“Yes before my father gets all hysterical about me getting into accident, again. I think you made it clear last time that neither of us wanted to interrupt whatever meeting he had in Shanghai to inform him of this little accident his only son has been in, didn't you?” Baekhyun straightened his back as he looked around and found the couch beside him empty. That was weird—because he remembered someone sleeping soundly there last night.

Not just someone, Park Chanyeol. He was the one who had taken care of him after the CEO collapsed. Baekhyun was so scared of the hospital that he  kept grabing at someone near to him and that someone, unfortunately, was his newly assigned driver. Yep, Baekhyun finally decided to hire the lanky slash weird ex-FBI guy as his driver. Baekhyun was a man of his words after all.

But now as he woke up and saw not even a glimpse of his new driver in sight, Baekhyun started to wonder if his decision was right…

“Baek!” Baekhyun snapped back into reality, where Luhan was grabbing his arms with that worried, glistening, teary eyed look of his. “Are you okay? You’re not listening to me.” He pouted.

Baekhyun rolled his eyes at the dramatic secretary of his. “When do I ever listen to you?”

“Yeah you're right, but you’ve been acting strange since early this morning. Are you still feeling nauseous from yesterday? I thought they said you’d be fine since you don't even have a scratch on your skin. Such a contrast from Chanyeol who had blood all over his palms.” Luhan was organizing Baekhyun’s belonging into the latter’s branded bag when Baekhyun grabbed his shoulders all of a sudden. “W—Woa Baek! What—“

“Did you say the guy was hurt? And what? Blood?” Baekhyun’s eyes were wide with shock, he never realized that Chanyeol was hurt in the accident and it was because of him. Because Chanyeol had to save him.

“Don’t worry, he’ll be fine after treatment from the doctors. He’s one tough guy, the Doc keep telling him to stay overnight though. Even I can’t differentiate between the options of whether the Doc just wants to get into his pants or whether he really means it—Hey Baek! Wait for me!!!”
Baekhyun had no time to listen to his secretary’s gossiping because he had to see his driver's condition with his own eyes. He had to see if Luhan was right about Chanyeol getting hurt—

“Hey you’ve woken up?” And there he was, standing in the same clothes Baekhyun saw him in at the company for the first time. Worn out jeans and ugly polo shirt. He was the gummy ahjussi that screwed up Baekhyun’s beloved shoes and Baekhyun still wanted to torture him for that, but after he had seen the wounds around the latter’s palms all Baekhyun could see in front of him was a brave guy that saved his sorry from death last night.

“Don’t you 'hey' me idiot, what’s with those wounds on your palms?” But of course Baekhyun being Baekhyun, he snapped the words at the guy like he always did.

“Oh these?” Chanyeol waved both of his wounded palms and shrughed. “Just a couple of scratches from the cables. Y’know I kinda had to climb up the lift and had no choice but to use the goddamn metal cables—“

“You climbed the elevator’s cables?” Baekhyun had been getting so many surprises so early in the morning. And he wasn’t happy about his surprises, not at all. “Are you nuts or do you have a death wish?”

“Neither of those options. I was just worried.” Chanyeol shrugged again, this time a thin smile forming on his face; his heavy-with-bags-from-lack-of-sleep-face. “My boss was trapped in this stupid box by himself, what did you expect me to do?” He added.

It was true, Baekhyun was the one who offered the deal about Chanyeol’s job, but he wasn’t expecting that the latter would take it so seriously.

“You’re really an idiot.” Baekhyun shook his head in disbelief, he really hated stupid people like Chanyeol the most, moreover that stupid grin of his was adding to the dislike. How Baekhyun wished he could high-kick that stupid grin away, but no. Baekhyun smiled instead. “Still, thank you for saving my life then.” Because if not for this idiotic driver of his, Baekhyun might have been dead meat by now.

“You’re welcome.” Chanyeol's grin grew wider, and Baekhyun thought that his Father’s decision to hire Chanyeol might have been the best decision his Pops ever made...before Chanyeol proceeded to ask : “So did I get the job?”

Baekhyun’s smile fell to the ground.

“Because… Y’know… I was counting the time I took to rescue you, and it was over the time of our deal and I really couldn’t sleep last night because of that. Hey, did you hear me or what?”

“Shut up and pack my things! We’re leaving now!!!” Baekhyun suddenly kicked Chanyeol's ankle and caught him off guard.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Chanyeol cried while rubbing his ankle.

“For being an . Now chop-chop and tell Luhan to come and meet me in the lobby. He needs to drive my car for a while.” Baekhyun then glared at the taller as if he wanted to eat him in one gulp.

“W-Wait? Does that mean you're firing me because of—“

“You’re really an idiot.” Baekhyun sighed as he watched Chanyeol look at him with a clueless expression. So Baekhyun walked to Chanyeol and grabbed his wrists, showing the guy his own wounded palms, shoving them right in front of his face. “Do you think you can drive with these hands of yours? Really Chanyeol?”

Chanyeol’s eyes grew wide and the explanation finally reached his brain, his mouth hung open for a short while before he managed to compose himself and ask Baekhyun with that stupid grin of his. “Are you worried about me, Sir?”

Baekhyun’s face felt hot all of sudden and he got the urge to find a hole and hide inside of it but instead of doing that he released Chanyeol’s wrists from his hold with a harsh shove.

“Don’t make up something rubbish like I’m worried about you, jackass!!! W-Who do you think you are? You are nothing but a stupid driver my Father hired for me!!!” Baekhyun tried to defend himself.

But he knew when he saw that knowing smirk on Chanyeol's oh so annoying face, Baekhyun had been caught.

"Yay I'm Byun Baekhyun's royal driver now! And the beloved one above all!" Chanyeol sang as he escorted the young CEO to the lift and Baekhyun swore he'd never felt that embarrassed in his life.

"Shuddup or your hands won't be the only things to get wounded." Baekhyun threatened.

 

 

For the following two days after the accident, Chanyeol  had been worried about two things.

One, why was Luhan, Baekhyun's secretary, driving the young CEO's car all around the place while Chanyeol sat beside the doe eyed male—acting as the co-driver?

"We won't have an injured person work under our company. I'll torture you later when you're no longer a patient, Park C." Baekhyun told him when Chanyeol insisted on taking the wheel because he couldn’t just sit back and watch while Luhan keep running a red light or getting confused at the navigator which resulted in them getting lost and being late for a meeting.

“How many times do I have to tell you that I’m fine?” Chanyeol tried to unwrap his wounds until the secretary stopped him with that sympathic smile on his pretty face. "And stop giving me weird nicknames, just Chanyeol is fine!" He added.

“It’s okay Mr. Park, Sajangnim is right. We’ll wait until your wounds heal completely. So, just sit calmly in your seat okay?” They were on the packed up streets on the way to a meeting in the Gangnam district with a potential partner that been waiting for twenty five minutes. But here they were, stuck in a traffic jam because Luhan took a wrong turn (again).

“How could I when we’re twenty five minutes behind schedule for this important meeting?!!” Chanyeol couldn’t refrain from worrying; if the young CEO was late to the appointment and lost the contract before even trying he’d hate himself forever. “And you! How could you act like it doesn’t really matter to you?” Chanyeol’s finger pointed at Baekhyun who sat comfortably in his seat with his PSP in his hands.

Byun Baekhyun was so engrossed in his game that he hadn't heard what his workers had been chattering about.

“Baekhyun!!!” Chanyeol snapped his fingers right in front of said boy's eyes.

“What? Can’t you see I’m busy trying to conquer the universe—oh oh I lost the bomb!!!”

And the second thing that Chanyeol worried about was the future of SKY Co. under Byun Baekhyun as the signed CEO of the big company.

Anyone could see clearly how careless Baekhyun was about his business, about his opportunity to widen the company field—he looked like a spoiled rich kid who didn’t give a about the family business at all.

If only Chanyeol had a nice family background like Baekhyun did, maybe Chanyeol could become a better CEO than this suit wearing kid Byun Baekhyun.

“You’re wondering why I look so calm right now, aren’t you Park C?” Baekhyun assumed, hands still busy with the PSP.

“Yes I am. And please just call me Chanyeol, Baekhyun-ssi.” Chanyeol answered.

“Uh uh, if only you addressed me like Luhan does.”

“What? Sajangnim?” Chanyeol wanted to laugh, he bets the kid hasn't even done his degrees yet. And if he had, it must have been because of the money. Chanyeol might have been hired by this spoiled kid, but it's doesn’t mean he would respect him just because of the status. "If you act like one I'll think about it, Baekhyun-ssi."

"Hey Luhan pull over here." Baekhyun ordered the secretary.

Luhan did as he was told and pulled the car to the left side of the street, making Chanyeol even more confused.

"What? Now you're gonna kick me outta here because I didn't call you Sajangnim?" Chanyeol watched his boss open the car door and walk off down the street without a word.

"Hey little prince! What do you think you're doing?!!" And of course Chanyeol, being the worried one, climbed out of the car to chase after the young CEO.

"Byun Baekhyun!" Chanyeol stopped when he saw a bunch of little kids running to surround the said male. Judging from their faces they must be happy to see the guy.

"Hey kids, how many times did I tell you guys to call me hyung?" Baekhyun lowered himself until he was at the same height as the kids who laughed at him. “And what’re you guys doing here out in the street?”

“We’re going for a walk.” Chanyeol saw a man with blonde hair and pale skin exiting a nearby shop with a paper bag of groceries in his hands and the kids that surrounded Baekhyun earlier went to his side. “Hey hey guys, what did I say about not talking to a stranger?”

“But Baekhyun hyung is not a stranger!” A girl with braided hair answered the blonde male and Chanyeol saw Baekhyun grin at that before he took a step closer to the blonde.

“It’s oppa for you, Jeanah.” Baekhyun smiled, the kind of smile that Chanyeol never would have thought the young CEO had, before he turned his head to the blonde male and replaced that annoying expression of his again.

“Look Joonmyeon-ssi, your kid here is right. How could I be a stranger when we’ve known each other for... what? Two months?” So they did know each other, but why and how would a normal neighbourhood guy and some kids be aquainted with Byun Baekhyun? It was something Chanyeol couldn’t understand.

“Hyung hyung! Let’s just ask Baekhyun hyung to come home with us!” A boy with a bald head started to climb the blonde male’s parka, it was strange but Chanyeol saw this angelic aura around the guy when he was talking to the kids.

“Baekhyun hyung here is a busy man; we don't want to make trouble for him right Minsoo?”

“ B-But...”

“I’ll play with you guys later, Hyung actually has to go with your guardian here. Is that okay with you guys?” Baekhyun asked out of the blue.

“Where to?” The kids questioned him.

“A place where adults talk about boring stuff. I guarantee you guys won’t like it.” Baekhyun scrunched his nose up, making him look so playful in Chanyeol’s eyes, just like one of the innocent kids around them.

“What do you want? I need to cook dinner for the kids, I have no time for your , Byun.” Joonmyeon said with that angelic smile on his face.

“Oh I’ll order pizza for dinner. Chanyeol why don’t you take this kids for pizza across the street?” Chanyeol was stunned, so Baekhyun did recognize his presence after all. “Here take my card.” He handed Chanyeol a black card that was snatched back by Joonmyeon before Chanyeol could even reach for it.

“No need for that. I’ll take the kids home before going with you.” Joonmyeon said with sharp tone to his voice, he give Baekhyun’s card back to the owner and facing Chanyeol, continued to speak to Baekhyun “Do you think I can trust this kind of guy to take my kids home? Who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter