Bad Luck

Royal Driver [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol always knew that luck was never on his side.

It began with his mother’s death (and on the way a surprising offer from one of his customers to work for him - Mr Byun), but in the end, that good luck job offer turned into bad luck anyway - he was hired for an arrogant, cranky kid named Byun Baekhyun.

It wasn’t like Chanyeol couldn’t understand his reason for hating him after what Chanyeol did to his expensive shoes, but really, he could give Chanyeol a second chance to make it up to him, right?

However, Byun Baekhyun wasn’t a person like that; he wouldn’t give Chanyeol so much as a second glance no matter how much his secretary pleaded. Chanyeol, in a tight position and needing a job badly at the moment, couldn’t piss off the rich kid more than he already had.

So Chanyeol did his best to get onto the CEO’s good side.

But who would have guessed that on his way to offering peace to the other male, God would play some kind of sick joke and make the elevator they were riding in stop working?

“W-What do you mean we’re stuck?” Baekhyun’s eyebrow knitted and the face he made was kinda cute rather than annoying in Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Well, can't you tell by the way this elevator isn't moving at all?” Chanyeol shrugged.

“Can’t you just try to break the damn door?” Baekhyun asked as he started to press all the buttons he could find.

“I’m not The Hulk or Superman, I don't have super powers so I can’t, sorry.” Chanyeol tried to press the emergency button to call for security - or anyone who might be behind the stuck elevator. “Wait, it doesn’t work.” But unfortunately there was no sign of electricity in the elevator except for the flickering lights.

“What? The emergency button?” Baekhyun pushed Chanyeol aside and pressed the button as hard as he could. “God damn silly buttons! Who’s the ing maintenance person anyway? How could they have such a useless emergency button in an elevator like this, and when I’m riding it above it all!!!” Baekhyun kicked at the metal door and got hurt by his own act.

“Ack!!!” He groaned in pain as he dropped a familliar looking document from his hand to rub his hurting leg.

“Be careful, will you? This leg of yours is more expensive than the shoes I tainted the other day.” Chanyeol sighed as he crouched to help Baekhyun, but the smaller beat him to it; he slapped Chanyeol’s hand away from his leg before Chanyeol could touch it.

I-I’m fine. Back off!” Is he some kind of Holy Saint who can't be touched or what? Chanyeol wondered inside his head.

The driver turned his attention to the scattered document Baekhyun had dropped earlier and even under the little light in the mirrored box of the elevator, Chanyeol’s eyes caught onto what was inside of the envelope before Baekhyun snatched it from Chanyeol’s reach.

“Have you seen it?” Chanyeol asked as he pointed his finger to the document Baekhyun didn’t realize he had been holding onto since he left the lobby. “My CV that is.”

“Oh, yeah right. Your CV…” Baekhyun opened the envelope to take a quick look inside and shrugged. “Luhan insisted I must read your CV before deciding whether to fire you or not,” He snorted as he saw Chanyeol’s picture first. He looked too stiff and his right eye was captured mid-twitch. “And I don’t find it very important since we both know what I’d choose in the end.”

“Firing me?” Chanyeol smirked and Baekhyun kinda wanted to smack it away from Chanyeol’s face with his shoes. But no, he held it in.

“Isn’t it obvious? Since you’ve been bad luck for me since the first time we met.” Baekhyun flipped the paper over and his eyes landed on the shocking background Chanyeol had filled into his resume.

“W-Wait this paper says you’re an Ex-FBI Agent?” Baekhyun took a better look at the mention of how the man ended up working as Taxi Driver after working at the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Los Angeles for two years.

“Um yeah? I have the certificate of my excellent job too on the next page if you’re interested.” Chanyeol looked so calm, as if it were not a big deal for him to receive such a certificate and further more—to have worked for the FBI.

“I can see that,” Baekhyun looked at the page Chanyeol said was his certificate or whatever it was - written in full English - then put all the documents back into the envelope. “That’s not going to change my mind about firing you.” He closed the file with a loud smack, making Chanyeol scrunch his nose in response.

“That’s cruel.” Chanyeol pouted.

Baekhyun coughed nervously at the sudden cuteness from the attractive assigned driver in front of him and wondered out loud:

“So what is a person like you doing here? Working as a driver when you could be kicking some in L.A?”

Chanyeol blinked and stiffened his body.

“Huh? Is this some kind of interview now?” He asked and when Baekhyun sent him a glare he quickly responded with: “Oh yes, I actually decided to move back to Seoul and had no steady job- errr Sir?”

“You’re rejected.” Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the simple and quick answer from the shorter male.

“Huh? Whaaat??!”

“I’m the CEO of this company here— and I have the right to pick my own employees, so… no.” Baekhyun finished with arms folded in front of his chest and eyes challenging the taller male.

Chanyeol frowned as he arranged his big framed glasses. “How could I change your mind, Sir? I mean, just tell me what to do and I’ll do my best to prove to you that I’m a capable person to be your driver.”

“My Royal driver,” Baekhyun corrected him. “Not just an ordinary driver, you’re assigned to be Prince-like Byun Baekhyun’s personal driver y’know.” He added.

Chanyeol snorted at Baekhyun’s self-compliment, but he quickly reacted with a forced polite smile.

“How about you get me outta here in five minutes and I’ll think about rehiring you.” Baekhyun threw an idea into the air out of the blue.

“Fifteen minutes, and you won’t regret your decision to hire me as your, ugh—royal driver?” Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck.

“No bargain boy, five minutes.” Baekhyun’s narrowed eyes pierced into Chanyeol’s big ones and he almost lost the staring fight.

“Ten.” Chanyeol bit his lower lip and stared without blinking into Baekhyun’s soul.

“Ugh, fine! You won’t be able to do it even if I gave you million years—hey what’re you doing?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened when Chanyeol began to strip from his black suit.

“I’m not doing a strip show for you if that’s what you’re hoping for, Mister.” Chanyeol smirked and Baekhyun felt like punching that smir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter