Bubble Gum

Royal Driver [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

What Baekhyun hated the most in the world was to see a guy who was more handsome than him. Because Baekhyun believed he was the best looking creature in this world, which was what his father had been telling him since he was little. And Baekhyun believed that it was a fact because every time he looked in the mirror, he found confidence in his own reflection. So handsome, no—so perfect, he was so perfect that he wouldn’t share his perfect self with other people, namely, lovers.

“But Sajangnim, Mr. Byun said this is not a blind date, it’s just a meeting between you and the Jung household’s only daughter.” His secretary, Lu Han, tailed him from behind with a tab in his small hands. “Can you please try to meet her, at least just this time, Sajangnim?” Lu Han begged.

“No.” Baekhyun stopped suddenly, making the secretary bump onto him. “Just get rid of the thought of matching me with any creatures in this world. How many times have I told you to ignore those kinds of meetings you nitwit! Are you deaf or what?” Baekhyun raised his voice, full of annoyance. He didn’t even spare a glance over to see the frightened look of the face of the Bambi looking boy in front of him.

“Then, should I make an excuse with a reason that you have an important meeting or you’re having a stomachache, Sajangnim?” Luhan asked, hands gripping onto the tab in his now quivering hands.

“Just tell them I’m not interested, period!” Baekhyun fumed.

“But, Sajangnim— Sajangnim!!!”

Baekhyun didn’t even look back at his yelling secretary and walked forward to the male restroom. Ignoring the questioning eyes of the employee in the restroom with him, Baekhyun let his bladder out with an uncomfortable feeling.

“What? Can’t I pee in the employee’s restroom now?” Baekhyun squinted at the hotel’s employee, making him hurriedly bow 90 degrees at him.

“No, Sajangnim! Of course you can! I just feel blessed that you choose our restroom to let out your urine- uh that sounds weird- anyway Sajangnim, I am—“

“Hush, I know who you are. You are an employee who’d like to try your luck with me to earn you a promotion right?” Baekhyun zipped up his pants as he headed to the sink to wash his hands. Before the man could say anything to reply Baekhyun continued, “And it’s really a wrong assumption that you had there about me if you think I’d give a promotion to someone I just met in the restroom.” Baekhyun glanced at the employee from over his shoulder and smirked. “Work harder; you’ll get one if you deserve it.”

“I—I will Sajangnim!!” The earlier employee rushed to get out from the restroom, face reddening in embarrassment as Baekhyun wiped his hands clean with his branded handkerchief.

“Underdogs are trying to get more than crumbs from the master’s table.” Baekhyun tsked.

Baekhyun sure hated sharing himself with others. But the other thing that Baekhyun hated was lazy people, people who wanted to get something from doing nothing. They were the worst kind of people.

“Ah, I don’t have anything to do today. I want to sleep in the Human Resource Department room...” Baekhyun muttered to himself as he put his hands in his trouser pockets and began walking straight to his destination when he was stopped by a tall figure that stood in his way. “Hyaaa, who are you—“

The man, with big framed glasses and messy dark hair, turned around with a surprised jump. He was tall—even in his faded jeans he could look like a runway model. However, he had on the worst combination of a worn polo shirt along with those jeans; they made him look like a beggar instead a model.

“Uh… sorry, where can I find—” The beggar-look-alike-man was munching on something before he accidently dropped what he had been chewing on—a piece of bubble gum—and it landed perfectly on… BAEKHYUN’S NEW BRANDED OXFORD SHOES!

“The ?!!” Baekhyun shrieked, his eyes about to pop out of their sockets.

“I’m sorry!!!” The man rushed to get on his knees and tried to get rid of the sticky gum on Baekhyun’s shoes, but instead of coming off, the gum spread wider than it already was.

“What to do? Seems like the gum won’t pull off no matter how many times I rub ‘em—”

“Of course it won’t if you’re just rubbing the gum with your disgusting thumb and your disgusting saliva!!!” Baekhyun fumed and kicked the man off his shoes until the other fell on his . “Did you even have any idea how much I cherish these shoes? Didn’t you know there’s only one pair in our country?” Baekhyun thundered.

“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know they were that precious—and ! I’m late!” The man looked at his wristwatch and seemed panicked, more so about the time than the fact that he had just stained the expensive shoes of Baekhyun’s, and it made Baekhyun get more furious.

“Hey, where do you think you are going?!” Baekhyun couldn’t believe that the man was just about to run away, leaving him with his gum stained  shoes alone for the world to see without feeling responsible for it.

“I’m really sorry for what happened to your shoes, but I’m really late for an interview right now! And if I don't rush, they might reject me even before they start the interview!” The man had this begging look and Baekhyun thought he seemed kind of like a kicked puppy.

 “An interview…? What kind of interview do you think you’re going to with that kind of outfit—hey! Hey, you gummy ahjussi! Come back here immediately!”

However, the man just ran away, making Baekhyun try to chase after him.

“Yah! Ahjussi!!!” Baekhyun screamed, almost running out of breath; athletics had never been his specialty, even since he was little. “You stop there or I’ll make you suffer, gummy ahjussi!!!”

But it was too late; the man fortunately had a pair of never ending legs and surprisingly high stamina for running across the entire building from Baekhyun’s angry .

The man even got into the lift in express and before Baekhyun could reach and catch him to punish him for making his fine day turn into a hellish day, the door closed—

But it was before the door closed that Baekhyun heard the gummy ahjussi’s deep voice yelling:

“My name is Park Chanyeol! I’ll take responsibility next time!!!”

When Baekhyun heard that, he thought it was some kind of crap because why on earth would he meet the gummy ahjussi for the second time?

However, the promise of ‘next time’ came in the blink of an eye.

“I’ve found a suitable new driver for you, Sajangnim! Here, meet Mr—”

“Gummy ahjussi!” How could Baekhyun forget such a person who had made his heart suffer from the pain of losing one of his favorite pairs of shoes? (Baekhyun had told his maid to toss the shoes away right after he got home because he just couldn’t make himself wear such filthy shoes that had been infected by the disgusting gummy ahjussi.)

“W-What?!” And it looked like the gummy ahjussi hadn’t forgotten Baekhyun either, looking from how nervous he was right now. “I told you my name is Park Chanyeol the other day, didn’t I?” Even though he wore a black suit instead of an ugly polo shirt and his faded jeans this time, those big framed glasses still made him look like a dork in Baekhyun’s eyes.

“Wait, you two have known each other before? Then that’s perfect! You two can get along well and—”

“Fire him now.” Baekhyun folded his arms over his chest and sent Luhan that evil glare that made the golden haired ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter