Tears

Rubix Cube II: Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Normally, in a regular basis, you will find Luhan sitting outside on his favourite wooden bench under an old cherry blossom tree, though the tree has stayed on it's bare form for years. People who come by or patients that knew him long enough would see him in the Hospital Garden, reading a book by hands or completing a rubix cube. Some people are amazed by his exceptional rubix cube skills despite his condition of not seeing anything. They compliment him for his gifted talent a lot that it is often burdensome for him. He hates to be the centre of attention. 

Today, Luhan stayed in his room with a music player accompanying him. He sang along that his sweet voice often attracted nurses that come by his room. Dr. Kwon once said that his little daughter came by and asked who was singing inside his room. Ever since then Dr. Kwon's little daughter had always been fond of him. 

"Luhan?" A knock buzzed through his ears and his head deliberately turned to the door. "Luhan, Dr. Im will be here in a few minutes, I assume Dr. Kwon had told you about it?" Luhan recognized the voice as the new nurse that started last month, Nurse Min. Luhan nodded his head. 

For minutes of waiting, Luhan calculated at least 4 songs that finished before the door opened and a deep voice spoke to him. He must be Dr. Im. Luhan could hear light footsteps approaching him and the shuffling of wheels. The chair. 

"So you are Luhan? Nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Im Dohyun. I'll be your temporary doctor for now since Dr. Kwon will be away for a while." Luhan nods as he imagined the new doctor to be a very handsome doctor, or maybe a doctor with spectacles or wrinkles. 

"I've heard a lot about you from Dr. Kwon." Dr. Im suddenly states. It was inevitable since Dr. Kwon will always mention him to new doctors that come around. Luhan doesn't know why. Luhan isn't the only patient he has in this hospital. 

"Luhan, I heard you are very talented. I also heard you are a quiet and nice boy. It's a tragedy that you lost your vision and family at such a young age." Luhan wished that Dr. Im wasn't saying this out of sympathy. He didn't want pity from other people. However, he sometimes questioned the other people around him, especially Dr. Kwon. Were they all staying by his side because they sympathize him? That question still lingered in his mind. 

So for the past hour Dr. Im asked him questions that Luhan gingerly replied

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter