Mishap

Rubix Cube II: Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The crash, the steering of wheels, the explosion, the smell of smoke and blood, the blurry light, the sound of siren and a body that lifted him up. It all came like a vivid memory that still lingers in his mind. He will forever remember the nightmare that still haunts him. That night where he lost everything. That night, where no one can light up his dark dark world anymore.

He was thrown into deep abyss of memories that would never be forgotten.

He remembers waking up in endless darkness. He remembers the cold atmosphere that greeted him. He remembers the soft bed that felt empty. He remembers being lonely. He remembers his heart and breathing froze when he hears the small voices near him. He remembers eavesdropping. He remembers the regret once he did. He remembers his world crumbling, his hope sinking and his vision losing.

He was blind and they couldn't do anything to save his vision. The only thing that made him see the world. The real world, bitter-sweet and cruel as the heavens and hell.

Only that one night changed everything that once revolved around him.

He didn't cry. He never cried. He knows that once he did, people will see his vulnerable side. People will step on this weakling once his facade shatter into pieces. That one night pursued him to live.

 

 

He stayed in the hospital for three years, getting treatments and training for vision impaired people. He was independent most of the time and others say he could leave and start a new life. A doctor, however, advised him to stay longer and train with a specialist. And so he did.

He stayed for three years, five months, three weeks, six days, nine hours, thirty-five minutes and fifteen second.

He stayed confined behind the hospital doors with nothing but determination to live and be successful even if his disability can hinder it all.

He kept going.

He was now 18 years old, he grew tall and handsome (people said). He never saw his reflection on a mirror. He never saw himself growing up. He was curious but knows that it's impossible. Sometimes he will encounter a mirror and even though he couldn't see his face and body. He tells himself that it's the new him. The new Lu Han. The little fifteen year old that fell hard but rose again as a strong grown-up man.

It kept him motivated.

"Good Morning Lu Han." A recognizable voice greeted him and Lu Han smiles. The voice belonged to one of the nurses that helped him ever since he entered the hospital. She was also a friend and a temporary Mother Figure to him.

"Morning Mrs. Kim." He spoke, his voice deep and tired. He had been reading all night, something about teenage love that caught his interest. And he slept at almost 2 in the morning.

"Taking a walk?" Lu Han slightly nods. He feels a warm hand on his shoulder. "Don't take long okay? You have an appointment with Dr. Kwon in the noon." She reminds him and Lu Han nodded obediently before turning on his heels and sauntered along the hall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter