Memento

Rubix Cube II: Unspoken Words
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Luhan dreamed. It was more like a vivid memory to him.  Somehow there was a sense of familiarity to him but he couldn't exactly find the memory. He feels like he's been there, he just couldn't remember. Luhan stood in front of a pool area that were deeply crowded with people dressed in luxury clothings. He couldn't hear anything, his surroundings were mute. He was in a party. That's for sure. 

Luhan took light footsteps towards the pool, careful not to bump into people on his way. Just as he made way to the crowd an overwhelming presence stole his attention. Someone, dressed in a grey suit, ran past him. Luhan looked at the figure, it was a little boy dressed in a formal attire. The little boy looked exactly like him when he was still so young. Luhan watched as the little boy sprinted with his short legs while sharply turning at a corner. Luhan followed behind. 

Luhan stopped at a bush to watch how the boy happily ran towards a beautiful lady dressed in a black, fitted, satin, knee-length dress with a pair of matching black high heels. The little boy tugged at the lady's dress and the lady turned around to gently pat the boy's head. The woman's smile was radiating and it greatly reminded Luhan of how his Mother used to smile when he comes home after school.

"Mom, where's Dad?" The boy asked eagerly. The woman, his Mom, smiled gently while opening the car door. Another little person came into view, she was dressed in a cute pink floral dress and her hair was on curls.

"Noona!" The boy called. His Mom suddenly kneeled down and carressed his chubby cheeks. Luhan noticed her eyes glistening in tears as if she was about to cry. 

"My son, we have to go now." Her voice quivered a little.

That's when Luhan remembered everything. Now it all made sense to him that the little boy was him. And he is seeing a memory that he longed forgotten after so many years.

That night, he remembers, was the night he lost that one person that he loves the most.

 

Luhan used to think that he didn't have a friend, at his age. Most of what he call his 'friends' are either, nurses, doctors, or patients. He didn't have any friends from the outside world and when he met this particular guy who had an unbelievable sassy and mean attitude. Luhan was intrigued. At first the guy was so cold to him that Luhan had thought of giving up, however, from the day the guy had been visiting the hospital, they somewhat became the bestest friends one can ever have. The guy was Kim Minseok, the one that Luhan loves to openly pinch his chubby cheeks when he has the chance.

As he got to know Minseok he founds something that he haven't actually thought of. Minseok has a shy and quiet personality from time to time.

This day, Luhan knows Minseok is visiting his little cousin again. His cousin has leukemia that Luhan felt almost as bad as he feels when he heard that the lady on the 5th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter