Author's Note- a small piece from Save Me about Kris and Rae

My Other Half

I leave the shrine and head towards the cemetery.

When I reach it I touch the graves as I walk past them to my friend’s grave.

I sit in front of the grave and smile at it.

“Hey Ray how are you? I’m fine myself I guess you’ll have to wait longer for us to see each other again. I don’t even think I’ve stopped by after I was told that I was sick again.” I chuckle, “Some friend aren’t I. I barely come see you anymore like I use to. Did you know about Yixing? I mean you were Kris’s girlfriend until you died. Did you ever tell him, because he was so broken up when we told him that you died during the night two years ago. You were so mad at me when I told you that I pushed Yixing away from you. You chased me around yelling at me about how stupid I was being. Yet I never knew if you told Kris if you were sick.”

“She did tell me,” I hear someone say behind me.

I jump up and look behind me to see Kris standing there looking down at me.

“Oh Kris,” I say confused by why he’s at the cemetery so late in the day.

“I’m here to visit her like I do every day. It’s odd to see you here.”

I nod my head as I touch the grave, “So she told you about her being sick?”

“Yeah it was the second that it happened. She called me up after texting you about what had happened. She told me that she had to tell me in person but I talked her to do it on the phone. When she told me, I ran all the way to her house from mine to check on her. She was afraid to face me. I asked Lay about it when I got home later the next day. He told me he wasn’t sure how strong his gift was.”

“You knew about Yixing’s gift?”

“Yeah like him I have a gift it’s just different from him all of us of Exo have a gift.”

I nod my head and smile at him, “Oh yet he didn’t tell me.”

He nods his head as he looks over at me, “Yeah he was afraid to tell you. You ran away from him today after he saved you right?”

It’s stupid to say that as a question still I answer him, “Yeah I ran away because I thought I was going to die by next week yet when I thought I had died I’m brought back by the 1 person that I’ve loved in my life besides my family and Ray. He brought me back with a gift that he never told me about. He could have told me.”

“I think inside you knew about it. Don’t’ you remember how whenever you were hurt no matter what it was emotionally or physically he’d be able to heal the wounds? I think you are the other half of him. The half that completes his gift.”

“Was Ray your other half?”

He nods his head, “Yes, she was. She healed my wounds and gave me a way to focus more. I never thought that it’d be like that. Yet when it happened I was realized that it was someone that I had loved from afar.”

I laugh at him as I look him in the face, “That’s cute Kris.”

He shrugs his shoulder, “Yeah whatever… You should go talk with Yixing before he does something stupid alright.”

I nod my head but look back up at him, “Kris… I think I heard someone saying something about him leaving today.”

“I think he would have told us before he left.”

I nod my head and turn to leave but hear Kris call my name then something fly through the air. I turn around and catch it to see a ring with a unicorn design in it.

“What’s this?”

“It’s to show that you’re his other half. He has a ring just like that those rings are one of a kind.”