12

The Ghost of You

Lying down, I stared up into the face I had come to know so well. He handed me a notepad and a pen. I tucked the used paper behind the stiff cardboard, pressing the pen to the clean sheet of paper. I swiftly began scribbling away, ready to face the past. I showed Xiumin the pad of paper, my words I had struggled to say for so long coming out of my handy work rather than my mouth.

 

Why did you leave me before? Why did you leave the day of my wedding?

 

“I left because I didn’t want to involve you in my life. Ever since that day I found myself to be the sole survivor of my family, in a time I did not know, my life became a disaster. I didn’t want to you into a disaster that I couldn’t control. What if one day I never came back and switched to a time where you weren’t around?” Xiumin asked, grabbing hold of my non writing hand, squeezing it gently.

 

Did you come back because I ended the engagement with Tiffany when I went back into the chapel? Was it because I admitted in front of all those people that I had been in love with another person for a very long time and could not deny myself any longer?

 

“No. She has nothing to do with this. I had decided that if I always kept coming back to you with all the horrible that has gone on in my life, maybe it was worth the risk to drag you into this disaster. Because of you, Luhan, I was able to feel happy again in the middle of my ty life. You made my life complete”

 

He smiled at me, the back of my hand with his thumb gently. I closed my eyes for a minute, content for just a moment. The door to my room clicked open after a soft knock. I opened my eyes to see a tall woman standing there, holding and clipboard and a wide smile. She looked at Xiumin and myself before I nodded once. Quickly, she got to work and I never once let my eyes fall from his saddened gaze.

 

~*~*~

 

Xiumin walked up the pebble drive, hands deep in his pocket, head hung low. It was the day he had been fearing for quite some time, but it was finally here at the cemetery that time had been planning on him visiting for some time. It felt like the longest walk of his life, but finally he was there in front of the slab of marble that now represented the one and only love of his life.

 

He would’ve brought flowers, but flowers only die over time, just like people. Unfortunately for Xiumin, he doesn’t seem to be that human anymore. He was 114 years old, far older than any other human had been before and he still drifts throughout time, not a wrinkle on his skin. He still comes to all the same places where all his memories with Luhan exist, but its not the same without the man he had been with for so long.

 

Idly, he thumbed over the etched words carved into the stone reading each word over and over even though he had memorized the words years prior.

 

‘Lulu, my love. April 20, 2000 - September 6, 2085.’

 

Xiumin pulled out a yellowed piece of paper, carefully unfolding the last conversation he had with Luhan before he was taken off life support. He reread all of it, smiling as a few tears reached his eyes as he read the last scrawled line.

 

I love you, Xiu. Come back for me? I’ll see you in the next life.

 

Carefully, he refolded the paper, holding it close to his heart as the floor began to disappear and time began to fade. He would continue travelling for all eternity if that meant he got to see Luhan in another time.

 

 

 


A/N: THE END! Sadly Luhan dies, but all is well! They lived a long happy life together after the whole dancing wround each other for so long. And Minseok will soon meet Luhan in another life :)
 
I hope you all enjoyed this fic....I know it was really weird format and such and I think I'm never trying this ever again. Let me know what you thought overall and if you would like another EXO story! Thank you!!!