One

The Triangle

There was a university in the far outreaches of a mountainous plain. This university seemed like a normal university in the day but at night there were creatures that roamed the campus. It was a majestic school that was split in two parts. The east end of the university was where the regular students lived and attended classes. But, the west end of the university is where the demons, vampires and witches lived. They looked like regular students except everything about them was ‘god-like’. They were the envy of the other students in the university. But their paths would not cross since they were supernatural creatures. Within the west end of the university the dormitory was split into three. There were twelve demons who lived in the EXO Planet dormitory, eight y vampires who lived in the Playgirlz dormitory and nine angelic witches who lived in the Shoujo Jidai dormitory. The witches were sworn enemies with the vampires and the demons. But, the demons and the vampires formed an alliance together since two of their members were in a relationship. There were two headmasters at this university; they were Kim Jaejoong and Park Kahi who were vampires. This university had a lot of history and myth running around it except it magically disappeared one day. Nobody knows what caused the university to vanish but it was gone. Now people only have the stories and myths that they heard from others, to tell. Most people wonder what really went on in the university.

And so the story begins, long ago…

. . .

“Oh my god, there they are!” one of the girls exclaimed.

Classes were finished for the students of the east end. They usually filed in front of the gates to see the west end students come out of their dormitories to attend their classes. Of course, they weren’t allowed anywhere near the west end students. Thus, they could only admire from afar.

“Wow, Kris is so handsome,” a girl sighed.

“Look! It’s Nana,” another student gasped.

Kris half-smiled at the students at the gate. They all squealed at the sight. Nana turned around, her luscious blonde hair whipping behind her. The students all squealed again. Nana smirked in satisfaction.

“Let’s go to class,” Kris said as he placed a hand on Nana’s back.

They took one last glance at the students at the gate who were going crazy and headed to class.

“Alright, break it up and head to your dorms,” a voice boomed behind the group of students.

They all turned their attention to see their headmaster, Park Kahi, standing behind them. The students’ faces turned pale. They all bowed and quickly left the west end’s gate.

. . .

Kris was twirling his pen with his fingers as he had his feet up on a desk. The professor still hadn’t shown up to class yet so the students were all lazing around and chatting. Kai approached Kris from behind. He was about to scare him except Kris caught his arm.

“Nice reflexes,” Kai remarked.

“Thanks,” Kris said.

Kai sat on a desk in front of Kris.

“Sehun and Luhan aren’t here?” Kris asked.

Kai’s face flushed. He remembered the scene he saw this morning.

“Th-They slept in,” he stuttered.

Kris arched an eyebrow and narrowed his eyes at Kai.

“Why didn’t you wake them up?” he said.

“They seemed very tired,” Kai lied.

Kris was about to respond when the professor came inside. They all sat in their seats and went quiet. Kris always liked to sit in the back of the room since there was more space. Nana on the other hand would always sit near the front with Lizzy. Kris would always feel a sense of jealousy whenever Nana would ditch him for Lizzy.

“Good evening class, please take out your notes from yesterday’s lesson and turn to page 151 in your textbook,” the professor ordered.

. . .

It was midnight, the classes for the west end students had finished. Nana was sitting on a couch in her dormitory with the other girls.

“I’m so thirsty,” she complained.

“Did you run out of your blood bags?” Jungah asked.

Nana nodded.

“Go ask Miss. Park for one,” Uee said.

Nana sighed as she got up from the couch. She stretched her long limbs and walked out of the dorm. As she was walking down the pathway to the headmaster’s office a shadowy figure popped up in front of her. Nana jumped back slightly. The figure moved closer.

“Headmaster Kim,” Nana bowed.

“What are you doing out here Miss. Im?” Jaejoong asked.

“I was headed to the headmaster’s office,” Nana said.

“What for?”

“I ran out of blood bags,” Nana told him.

“Come with me,” he said motioning with his fingers to follow him.

Nana walked behind him as they went to the headmaster’s office. They walked inside and Kahi greeted them.

“Miss. Im, what brings you here?” Kahi asked.

“I ran out of blood bags,” she replied.

Kahi nodded and went into her office to retrieve a medium sized box of blood bags for Nana.

“Thank you,” Nana said as she took the box from Kahi.

She bowed and exited the office.

. . .

“Nana,” Kris shouted from the other end of the plaza as Nana left the office.

Nana vanished through thin air and was in front of Kris in a matter of seconds.

“Hey, what are you doing out here?” Nana asked.

“I saw you leaving your dorm and I wanted to see you.” He smiled at her.

“That’s sweet of you.”

“Do you want to come to my dorm tonight?” Kris asked smirking.

“You do know that we’d be in huge trouble if we get caught,” she said.

“I know,” he said his smile getting wider.

“It’s against the rules,” Nana informed.

“I know,” he repeated.

“But, I don’t think they’d catch us,” Nana said slowly smiling.

. . .

“That was amazing,” Kris said breathlessly as he got off of Nana.

“Yes, it was,” Nana replied out of breath.

She sat up and wrapped the blanket around her chest.

“I should go before we get caught,” Nana said.

“Why so soon? We haven’t even cuddled yet,” Kris said pouting.

“We could cuddle tomorrow in class,” Nana said.

She got up from Kris’ bed and got dressed. She bent down and kissed Kris.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” she whispered in his ear.

“Bye Nana,” he said as she left.

. . .

“What took you so long? I thought you were only getting blood?” Lizzy asked Nana as she strode inside.

Nana’s hair was a little disheveled and she had a strange glow about her. Lizzy narrowed her eyes.

“Did you have ?” she asked.

“What, no,” Nana said defensively as she climbed up the stairs.

Lizzy quickly followed her up the stairs. Nana was about to enter her room when Lizzy got to the door before she could open it. She crossed her arms over her chest and stared at Nana.

“You could’ve gotten caught,” Lizzy said.

“I know,” Nana sighed.

“Why did you do it then?” she asked.

Nana smirked. “Because it’s fun.”

She pushed Lizzy out of the way and entered her room. Lizzy quickly went inside before Nana could close the door.

Nana took out a blood bag and put a straw through it as she drank the blood. She her lips in satisfaction. Her eye colour changed from brown to hazel. Lizzy watched her drink the blood.

“Well, you’re lucky you didn’t get caught this time,” Lizzy said.

Nana looked at her as if she didn’t even notice that she was there in the first place.

“Why do you care?” she asked.

“I don’t want you to get in trouble.”

“Thanks for the concern but I think I can handle myself.”

Nana made a ‘get out’ motion with her hand as she continued to drink her blood. Lizzy rolled her eyes and slammed the door on her way out.

. . .

Yuri was standing at her window. She was gazing at the beautiful moonlight as it shone brightly down on the campus. A pair of arms wrapped themselves around Yuri’s waist. Yuri smiled slightly.

“Yuri, what are you thinking about?” Jessica asked.

“Nothing,” Yuri replied. She loosened Jessica’s arms from her waist and turned to face the shorter girl.

“Where are the others?” Yuri asked.

“They’re all practicing magic except I got bored so I decided to come up here,” Jessica explained.

“We should go join them. It’s useful to practice magic. We need it, especially with those demons and vampires around,” Yuri said in disgust.

They went down to where the other girls were practicing magic.

Seohyun was muttering a text as the other girls were surrounding an orb.

“What are they doing?” Jessica whispered.

“Beats me,” Yuri shrugged.

The orb suddenly had a visual come across it. Yuri and Jessica approached the others. They all looked at the orb in amazement.

“Ask it something,” Taeyeon said.

“Like what?” Seohyun asked.

“Will I get married soon?” Sooyoung randomly said.

There were a few giggles here and there. The image on the orb suddenly transformed into a field. There were flowers everywhere. The image changed again to a girl sitting in the middle of the field her back turned. Suddenly, the image switched and it was of a man and a woman at an altar but their backs were turned. Then the image disappeared.

“That’s not fair! I didn’t even get an answer! Or see my future husband’s face,” Sooyoung whined.

“Maybe it was too ugly,” Hyoyeon laughed.

The other girls laughed as well.

“This orb magic is hard. Isn’t it supposed to be more accurate?” Seohyun asked.

“Did you read the text right?” Sunny asked.

“Yes,” Seohyun said handing the text to Sunny.

Yoona came down the stairs in a rush.

“Guys, put away the stuff! The headmasters are coming!” Yoona warned.

The witches weren’t allowed to practice magic after midnight. They were only allowed to practice from 6 in the afternoon until midnight. Otherwise it was prohibited. They quickly put their magic instruments away and rushed to the main room. The headmasters walked in. They all bowed.

“I hope you girls weren’t practicing magic,” Kahi said as she wiped her finger on a table.

“No, headmaster,” Sooyoung said.

“We need you girls to do something for us,” Jaejoong said.

“We need you to conduct a spell tomorrow to help this poor girl who was hurt by one of the demons today. We need you to heal her and make her forget,” Kahi explained.

“What time should we do it headmaster?” Tiffany asked.

“Around 6, don’t worry you’ll be excused from your classes,” Jaejoong replied.

“Do you need all nine of us?” Sunny asked.

“Only 3 or 4 of you or how many you think you’ll need to perform the spell,” Kahi said.

They all nodded.

“I’ll be expecting to see you tomorrow,” Kahi said.

“Yes headmaster,” they all said in unison.

Kahi and Jaejoong left the witches dormitory.

The nine girls looked at each other.

“Why do they let those demons roam around without supervision? Now we have to clean up their mess,” Hyoyeon complained.

“I know. This school would have fewer problems without those bloodsuckers and demons here,” Sooyoung said.

“I saw Kris and Nana heading into the demon’s dormitory a while ago. I’m surprised they didn’t get caught,” Yuri said.

“That’s because the headmasters favour Nana since she’s also a vampire,” Tiffany said rolling her eyes.

“We should take revenge on them,” Jessica suggested.

“How?” Yoona asked.

“We need to find a weak link from both of them and use it to our advantage,” Seohyun said.

“What would the weak link be though?” Taeyeon asked.

“Trust me it’s probably right under our noses. Just keep your eyes open,” Seohyun replied.