Begin

Fated

 

"Morning, Granny!!" Tiffany delightfully greeted her grandmother who just went out from her bedroom.

 

"Morning to you too, child. What time is it now?" The old lady stretched out her arms upward and walked to the dining table where Tiffany was.

 

"It's 5.30 am, Granny. What would you like to drink? Hot tea or hot milk? I've prepared fried egg and bacon as the breakfast." Tiffany smiled widely and went behind her grandmother. She placed her hands on the old lady and started massaging it.

 

"Whoaa.. What's with the happy mood? Did something happen yesterday? Or did you just find a perfect guy for you? Tell more about him.. You know the rules, right Tiffy? No matter who he is and what his occupation might be, he still has to meet me first and have my agreement before he can date my beloved grandchild." The old lady stated with her eyes shut tight. She enjoyed the relaxation massage given by Tiffany.

 

"What? Hahaha.. No no no, Granny. There's no new guy and I'm not really into guys right now. I think you are right, I have to focus with my college first because when the time is right, I'm sure He will send the perfect person to be my lover. Anyway, Happy Sunday, Granny! Jesus bless you." Tiffany stopped her movement and hugged the old lady from behind.

 

"If only you know, Granny. It's a she instead of a he. So I actually didn't lie right? There's no guy I'm interested in because Taeyeon is a she." Tiffany added in mind.

 

"Really? Good then. And you are right, child. I believe Jesus has prepared the best groom out there for you. You just have to wait until the time has come. Have faith in Him, Tiff. By the way, have you ever asked Him to give you the perfect lover?" The old lady took one of Tiffany's hands on her shoulder and gestured the young woman to sit beside her.

 

"Uhm now that you mention it,,, I guess I haven't. Hehehe.. Didn't you just say that He would send me one when the time is right?" Tiffany giggled and scratched the back of her neck.

 

"Aish.. Tiffany. Listen and try to understand it. James 4 verse 2, 'You lust, and don't have. You kill, covet, and can't obtain. You fight and make war. You don't have because you don't ask.' So, ask Him and pray obediently and you will have, child." The old lady wisely advised her favorite granddaughter.

 

"Hehhee.. How long did it take to make you fluent in bible, Granny? It seems that you always give suggestion based on bible. And what if I have prayed but I still haven't got a perfect lover??" Tiffany asked again.

 

"Tsk! What a faith you have there, Tiffany. Read Matthias 21 verse 22, 'All things, whatever you ask in prayer, believeing, you will receive.' Now stop doubting about God and make me a glass of hot milk." The old lady ruffled Tiffany's hair tenderly and smiled.

 

"Yes, Granny! You know, I always wonder, why didn't you become a priest? I mean you know lots of stuffs about bible and it doesn't stop there. You also apply what the bible says in real life. You're so jjang!!" Tiffany said while waiting the water to boil.

 

"Hahaha.. If I'm a priest then who will take care of my granddaughter? Who will look after you, Tiffany? I would be very busy going here and there to enlighten the lost ones. Are you sure you can live on your own?" Tiffany's grandmother laughed and shook her head.

 

"Err.. You are right, Granny. Thanks' God you're not! Hahaha.. I'm happy He didn't choose you as the one. Do you want it to be hot or warm, Granny?" Tiffany giggled and turned her body to ask the old lady.

 

"Just warm please." Tiffany nodded and placed the milk on the dining table, right in front of the old lady.

 

"So, have you taken a bath?" The old lady asked.

 

"Yes, I have. Here is your breakfast, Granny. Do you want me to chop it up so you can eat it more easily?" Tiffany served the breakfast contained of bacon and fried egg for her grandmother and for herself.

 

"No, thank you. Help yourself, please and thank you for the breakfast." The grandmother put away her milk and started to eat her breakfast.

 

"So tell me, what happened? It's not every Sunday you would be cheerful like you just won a lottery like this. And don't try to lie with me, child. You know the risk." Tiffany's grandmother stopped eating and stared at the young woman.

 

"Do I really have to have a reason to be happy, Granny?" Tiffany stucked out her tongue to her grandmother.

 

"Tsk! You're really like your father, slippery. He always manages to dodge my question with a question. Sigh. I miss him. When was the last time he call, Tiff?" The old lady exhaled heavily. She longed for her only son and couldn't help but keep dreaming of him every night.

 

"Oh. He said he would be back next week, Granny. Don't worry. I'm sure he misses us too, especially you." Tiffany tried to cheer up her grandmother. She knew how much she loved her father and that he's one of the reasons why the old lady was so vivid in taking care of her health and wanting to live like forever.

 

"Thank God. Is he healthy? I mean, there's no problem there, right?" The old lady worriedly asked.

 

"Nope! He's happy and healthy. Anyway, Granny. When did you get married? And how do you know that grandpa is the one for you?" Tiffany changed the topic. She didn't want her grandma to be sad if they continued talking about her father.

 

"Well, honestly I didn't know it at first. He was like a player, a bad boy who claimed that he had more than 60 exes and so. The rumor said he had slept with the cheerleader members, each and every of them. While me; I was an ordinary girl who loved to visit the library after the bell rang." The grandmother paused, trying to remember her past.

 

"One day he approached me in the library. I was the one on top of class at that time so every student in my class knew it, including him. He walked to me and greet me when I was reading a book about ministry of law." Tiffany propped her chin on her palm, feeling curious and excited at the same time. Thank God she woke up early this morning so she could hear about the love story of her grandma and she wouldn't have to worry about being late because it's still 6 am by now.

 

"He politely asked me to teach him about one of the subjects in class. He kept failing that subject and at that year, it was his 3rd time in repeating the same class. And yeah, he's older than me by 3 years, Tiff." The grandmother informed and Tiffany nodded.

 

"In short, I taught him and he succeeded in that subject. He got a B for the subject. We drifted apart shortly after that. I was disappointed because I thought he was just trying to get benefits from me. A year after, he came back to me and confessed." Her grandmother stopped seeing Tiffany's expression had changed.

 

"What? I mean why all of sudden? I thought he's a bad boy so no wonder he was just trying to take advantages from you, Granny. Tsk! I thought grandpa was kind and naïve." Tiffany muttered in protest and her grandma shook her head before smiling sincerely.

 

"It turned out that he went away to fix his personality. He knew he was a bad boy and player and he thought he wouldn't and couldn't be a good lover for me so that one year was used to improve himself. He knew I'm a devout Christian so he secretly followed me to the church. He baptized himself and did all things to make God happy. So yeah, once he felt confident about his faith, he came to me and said all those. I felt touched and accepted him without any hesitation." The old lady finished her story.

 

"The bible said, 'Don't be unequally yoked with unbelievers, for what fellowship have righteousness and iniquity? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?' You know that verse right?" Tiffany nodded with the question.

 

"It means we can be joined or compiled only with a person who is equal with us. I'm a believers and he's not so he made himself a believers so we can be equal. That's how I knew that he's the one for me, child. His sacrifice made me realize how much he has love for me." The old lady beamed a smile.

 

"So does it mean that he loves you first, Granny? Whoaa you got yourself a huge reward!! Tell me how did you do it, Granny? A player who has 60 exes ended up marrying you!" Tiffany clapped her hands excitedly.

 

"Hahaha.. Stop exaggerating it, Tiff. The secret is of course by praying. Matthias 7 verse 7, 'Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and it will be opened for you.' So start praying for a good lover now. Don't be deceived by what you see with your eyes. Only God knows what best for you." The grandmother put down her eating utensils and sipped the last drops of her milk.

 

"Yes, Granny. I'll start praying today. I hope I will find the one very soon. I'll take a bath now. Thank you for your story. Just put the dishes on sink. I'll wash it later." Tiffany stood up and kissed her grandmother's cheek.

 

"I'll get ready too. And I'm happy to share it with you, Tiff." The grandmother did as Tiffany asked and she went to her own room to get ready.

----------------------------

 

"Yep, what's up, Yoong?" Tiffany pressed the green button on her phone and answered it.

 

"Tiffany, what will you do today? I'm considering going there to look the result of our experiment. This is the 7th day already right?"

 

"Aah! Yeah.. But we take the sample one in every two days, Yoong. So supposedly we take another sample tomorrow, right? But hey you're always welcome to come to my house." Tiffany replied. She tossed and her bed, waiting for the time to visit the same church for the second time today.

 

"Yeah I know. I just want to take a glance and see the improvement. You know, comparing the first sample to the second and third sample. I want to see the result we have so far."

 

"Ah that! From what I have checked and measured. The physical condition is of course different from one to another; the color, the density, and the smell are different. Just like the physical condition, the eH and pH amount changes too. The eH is lower while pH number increases. It's not that acid like the first day." Tiffany explained while reading her note regarding the experiment development.

 

"Aah. So you did write down the result so far. Thank you so much, Tiff. I'm sorry I haven't got much time lately. The assignments are crazy! Heck I hate that bold man! He gave me too many tasks to do and it has to be submitted in less than a week!"

 

"Hahaha.. No worries, Yoong. Fortunately, we do the experiment in my house so I can still check it for us." Tiffany felt glad for she at least had something to do beside being restless on her bed while waiting until the clock strike 4 pm.

 

"Yeah. Fiuh! I'm happy with that fact. Anyway, did you check after the velocity of the polluted water? We should be careful with that, Tiff. It's not that I don't trust you but well I just check up on it. You know how forgetful you can be at times, right? Hahaha..."

 

"Shut up, Yoong! I'm not that forgetful!! I still remember it clearly and yes, I check up on it every 8 hours just like how you told me. The velocity is 20ml/ hour or 480 ml/day and I keep refilling the water every single day. Rest assure, Yoong. I did and still do all that." Tiffany replied. She played with her pen inside her palm.

 

"Nice! Remain the good work! So what are you doing currently?"

 

"I'm doing nothing. Just tossing and turning on my bed, waiting until 4 pm. What about you?" Tiffany asked back.

 

"Wuii.. You got yourself another admirer?? I'm having a break now. Sigh! What a great Sunday I have here! Doing my endless assignment on my weekend. Aaagghhh!! I wish not even a hair can grow on his bald head!"

 

"Hahahaha... Good luck on that prayer, Yoong! And nope.. I'm not seeing anyone at the moment. I'm contemplating that my grandma is actually right. He will send me the one when the time is right so I've stopped thinking about getting myself a lover and be positive instead. I'm waiting for the time to visit the church, Yoong. Do you want to come with me to meet Him?" Tiffany didn't realize she had big smile on her face when she recalled a certain someone who had amazing voice.

 

"What?! Are you really Tiffany??? There's no way the real Tiffany would say that! The original Tiffany has been complaining about her single and dull life for the past one year, saying that she has reached a mature age where she should have been together with a perfect guy by now but her nosy grandma disallowed her from doing so."

 

"Yah!! Sigh. Was I really complaining that much, Yoong?" Tiffany got up and decided to sit up instead. She leaned back to the bed post.

 

"Oh trust me, Tiff! You complained that much, that much that I keep being reminded by you over and over again. So tell me, are you Tiffany or just a girl disguised as her?"

 

"Yaaahhh!! Are you really my friend, Im Yoona?!" Tiffany scoffed.

 

"Nope! I'm her best friend. Hahaha.. So tell me what happened? Why did you change your mind?"

 

"Nothing. I don't know either. I was thinking about that last night and I've come to realize that maybe Granny is right. Up until now there were countless of guys trying to approach me but none of them succeeded and the reasons were vary too. Mostly because Granny chased them away but hey, there's must be a reason behind my long overdue single life, right?" Tiffany heard Yoona chuckled from the other line.

 

"Maybe some of them were just trying to get into my pants while the rest had bad intention, whatever it might be. It's such a hard task to find a good guy nowadays anyway, Yoong." Tiffany told Yoona her thought.

 

"You are right at some point but it doesn't mean that you're stopping to search for the right one, Tiff. You should keep looking and let God do the rest. You know what I mean, right?"

 

"Uhm.. I guess so. But I'll do that later. For now, I will try to live my single life to the fullest! I've never enjoyed my single life since you know.. I complained about it every single day so I want to try it differently this time. How do you manage to enjoy your single life, Yoong?" Tiffany uncovered the blanket and went off to lower the temperature of the air conditioner inside her bedroom.

 

"Now that you mention it. Errmm.. Maybe because I seldom have time to think about guys. You know I prefer being inside the library and spend hours to read thick dictionary than to waste my time away dating, watching cinemas, or such."

 

"Ah yes, I forgot how nerdy you can be, Yoong and how you've devoted your love into books instead of guys. Pardon me, Yoona but does book have bigger than guys? Hahaha..." Tiffany plopped back her body to the bed, turning and laughing out loud on her own jokes.

 

"Yah!! You're so dead when I meet you tomorrow!! I'm just not in the mood to have a relationship, Tiff and it doesn't mean there are no guys interested in me. It's just I always managed to kindly reject them before they thought differently of me. So well, it's like I've stopped them before they approached me further."

 

"Yep! I've noticed it! I mean, you always used me as an excuse not to date any of them. Sorry, I had a promise to go with Tiffany, sorry but I wanted to go to Tiffany's house after school, sorry but tomorrow is Tiffany's birthday so I have to prepare a surprise for her, sorry-"

 

"Shuusshh!! I got it I got it! You don't really have to remind me about that, thank you."

 

"Hehehe.. I'm just kidding, Yoong. You are free to use me as your excuse for as long as you want. But I wonder, have you ever fallen in love before, Yoong? And do you believe in love at first sight?" Tiffany brought the topic to know Yoona's opinion indirectly about her feelings for Taeyeon.

 

"Of course I've experienced love before, Tiff! What do you take me for? Honestly I don't believe in love at first sight. I prefer name it crush because how is it possible you feel love already when you just met him? It would only mean you feel attracted, add it with lust with his physical appearance. You can't fall in love with a stranger, can you? I mean love will replace crush or like once you've known him further, like his background, how you like his personality, how you love his special treatment for you, etc. But hey everyone has different thoughts regarding love so yeah, it's just my opinion."

 

"Ahh.. I see." Tiffany had to agree with Yoona but somehow in the back of her mind, she could sense her heart disagreed with her logic. It's like her heart told her that it was love, not a mere crush nor like. How could it be called crush when Taeyeon's face kept appearing and bugging her concentration this whole week?

 

"Why did you ask me about it? Are you falling in love, Tiffy?? Tell me immediately who is the unlucky guy!!"

 

"Yah! For whoever I may be falling in love with, he is the luckiest guy alive!! I've never fallen in love before and that person would be the first and probably the last! So take back your words immediately, Yoong!" Tiffany purposely didn't mention whether it's a she or he and she just used term of 'that person' to avoid Yoona from being fainted and dying once she knew who the real person was.

 

"And no, I'm not in love with any guys right now. I'm just being curious. How does it feel when you're in love? How will your body react when you meet the one?" Tiffany stated the truth. It was not any guy because Taeyeon was obviously a girl, a beautiful and flawless one she was.

 

"Uhm.. Based on my experience, I think your mind will stop working and your heart will take full control of your well-being. You may not believe what they say in romantic movies or novels about the butterflies flowing and flying inside your stomach but hey it happens for real! Aside from that, you will feel nervous just by the thought of meeting him and the nervousness will be quadrupled when you meet him for real. Minutes feel like hours and hours feel like days because you're just that impatience to meet him again. You eyes will shine and twinkle whenever he meets eyes with you. Your heart will beat so loudly against your chest that it feels like it wants to break out from its cribs. Uhm.. I think generally like that."

 

"Oh okay. I'll try to remember it so I will know when I encounter the one. Ah, Yoong I think I have to go now. I need to get ready to the church." Tiffany made a note to remember each and every sign Yoona mentioned before.

 

"Alright, Tiffy. I'll see you tomorrow and Happy Sunday for you."

 

"Happy Sunday to you too. Bye Yoong." Tiffany quickly hung up the phone. She just couldn't wait any longer to make herself be more beautiful so she could be decent enough in Taeyeon's eyes.

 

"Sigh.. Am I really falling in love? Because I'm so damn sure I've experienced each and every sign Yoona just said earlier. But why a she instead of he, God? Is this a trial coming from you?" Tiffany mumbled under her breath.

-----------------------------

 

"Where are you going, Tiff?" Her grandmother asked when she saw Tiffany was in rush, wearing formal dress and with face full of make-up.

 

"I'm going to the church, Granny." Tiffany informed. She left once she had answered to the shoes rack, searching for the most compatible heels that would suite her dress.

 

"Church again? But you've gone with me this morning, child. Why would you want to go there again? The preachment should be the same anyway." The old lady took the TV remote and turned it off.

 

"Yeah but I can barely recall what the priest said since I woke up too early so might as well repeat the same thing this afternoon. Besides, as you've said that God has blessed me a full week filled by nothing but blissfulness and so spending my Sunday for Him is the least thing I can do, right?" Tiffany took the red one since it matched with her velvet dress in some way.

 

"Whoaa.. I'm really clueless with what happened with you but I like your wisdom. Ah! Your uncle, the younger brother of your mother asked to have dinner tonight but you won't make it if you go to church. Is it okay with you if I go with him?" The old lady slowly got up and walked to her granddaughter.

 

"Sure. I have my spare keys with me." Tiffany replied shortly. She was in hurry because she didn't want the front row occupied. She wanted to see Taeyeon and a close-up sounded great.

 

"Okay. I'll wrap some food for you later. I'll try to be back before eight but in case I'm late, there's leftover food inside the fridge so you can reheat it." The old lady observed there's something different with her granddaughter but chose to keep it inside for now.

 

"Yes, Granny. I'll go now! Say hi to uncle and tell him sorry I cannot come." Tiffany wore her heels and kissed the old lady's cheek.

 

"I will. Take care, child." The old lady said as she watched the young woman walked briskly across the house, heading to the church.

 

"I must keep an eye on her. There's something amiss here. Is she falling in love with one of the prayers of the church? I will ask the priest about the list of prayers coming this afternoon." The old lady locked the front door and back to the living room to continue watching her favorite drama.

------------------------------

 

"Good afternoon, Father! How's your day??" Tiffany could hardly hide her excitement to meet a particular petite girl and greeted the pastor as soon as she entered the hall building.

 

"Good afternoon, Tiffany. What brought you here again? I thought you've visited this morning together with your grandma. And I have great day, thank you for asking." The Pastor gave a paper contained today's reflection based on bible.

 

"Thank you. Yes I've visited this morning but I think one time isn't enough to show my gratitude to Him. I mean He has blessed me with a wonderful week so why not giving Him my Sunday in return? 4 hours is nothing compares to 7 times 24/7 He has given." Tiffany improvised and reminded herself to beg for forgiveness for using God's name for her own benefit.

 

"What an answer, child. I wish every Christian believer is at least half as devout as you. Please come inside, the worship will begin soon." The man happily accompanied Tiffany to choose her seat.

 

"Hahaha.. Don't compliment me too much, Father or I will be too cocky and God will hate me for that." Tiffany walked to the front row and exhaled in relief when she saw there's 3 seats left on there.

 

"You are just too humble, child. Okay, I will leave now. Enjoy the worship and ask Him anything. I'm sure He will make each and every of your wish granted." The man patted Tiffany's head and left.

 

Tiffany nodded and smiled back. She placed her purse on the vacant seat beside her in hope Taeyeon would occupy the seat for later. It's never wrong to wish, right? Like a habit, Tiffany clasped her hands together, closing her eyes and lowered down her head to pray before the worship event happened. She uttered thank you words contained of many things she had been rewarded by God for her and her family. She didn't forget to say her apology for using God as her excuse for revisiting the same church again in the afternoon. Her prayer was disturbed when she heard the voice she had longed for some time.

 

"Good afternoon, God's brides! How are you?" Taeyeon who beautifully dressed in blue shirt covered by gray blazer and satin pants graciously greeted the prayers.

 

"Magnificent!" Said the prayers, excluding Tiffany since the said girl was busy gawking at the flawless creature before her.

 

"Excuse me?? I can't hear you clearly! Say it again, how are you???" Taeyeon repeated.

 

"Magnificent!!!" The answer was much louder this time and Tiffany smiled seeing how enthusiastic Taeyeon was to make the atmosphere livelier.

 

"Now that's the answer I'm waiting for! Thanks' God the church is full. Are you ready to jump and sing for Him?" Taeyeon pointed her microphone toward the crowds.

 

"Yes!!!" The crowds answer vividly.

 

"Wohoooo!! Let's start sing now! Bring the beat in!!" Taeyeon snapped her fingers and gave a cue to the musicians.

 

The drummer knocked his drum stick together to give signals to the others. He tapped his feet and started to beating the drums followed by the others. The guitarist plucked out the strings, the keyboardist adapted with the drummer and guitarist to make great synchronization. The crowds moved their body and hands to clap. Their feet automatically stirred from left to right and vice versa.

 

Taeyeon led all the movements. She asked the prayers from elders to teenagers or even children to move along with her, to follow each and every step she made. Tiffany subconsciously was too concentrated with Taeyeon that she didn't do anything but clapping her hands weakly. She stayed on her spot with her eyes followed Taeyeon's movement. She's the only person who stood still and it made Taeyeon turned her head to Tiffany. She winked and gestured Tiffany to move along. The young woman was taken aback and blushed. She just realized she was too busy daydreaming about Taeyeon that she forgot to do her priority which was worshipping God.

 

"Can I sit here?" The singing process has done and Taeyeon got off from the stage and approached the row where Tiffany's at.

 

"S-sure.. P-please do so." Tiffany was nervous as hell. She stammered and with wobbling hands she took her purse so Taeyeon could sit beside her.

 

"Thank you." Taeyeon smiled showing her dimple and it made Tiffany's soul almost escaped from her weak body.

 

For the next hour Tiffany found it very difficult to concentrate with the preachment by priest. The fact that Taeyeon was now sitting beside her distracted her a lot. Her eyes kept glancing to the person beside her, curious of what Taeyeon would do while the priest sharing his knowledge about God.

 

Tiffany's nose couldn't stop sniffing the addicting fragrance and the alluring scent coming from Taeyeon's perfume. Tiffany's tongue continued her own lips once in a while, drooling at the sight of Taeyeon sweating and the sweats trickled down her neckline. Tiffany's ear perked up, trying to hear what Taeyeon had in mind regarding her appearance. Did Taeyeon think she's beautiful? Did Taeyeon think she's attractive? And such questions like that. Tiffany's skin was so itchy, wanting to touch Taeyeon's smooth one. In short, all of Tiffany's senses were useless because it was now fully concentrated with Taeyeon's existence beside her.

 

"Thank you for the seat. Now I'll come to the stage and sing again. Make sure this time you'll follow the beat, okay?" Taeyeon tapped Tiffany's shoulder and winked before she got up to the stage again.

 

".........." Tiffany was still dazed in her spot. She was unable to answer Taeyeon while the short woman had already on the stage by now.

-------------------------------

 

Tiffany and the others reached out her arms upward to receive blessing prayers from the priest. She and the others would only have to say amen to every prayer the priest said. Finished praying, the priest gave time to say their prayers alone. Tiffany chose to say her prayer honestly and asked God to give her opportunity in knowing Taeyeon better. Tiffany begged God to enlighten her vision, to acknowledge whether her meeting with Taeyeon was purely coincidence or in purpose, whether she was fated to meet Taeyeon or it was a trial sent by God regarding her loyalty to God. Would she sacrifice her belief in God by changing her preference?

 

Once Tiffany had done praying, the thunder roared incredibly and in no time the rain fell. The wind blew hard and the drops of rain became bigger. In less than a minute, the drizzle changed its velocity and so the rain fell, heavily. Fortunately Tiffany brought her umbrella with her and the fact that her house was just steps away made her breath in relief. People gathered on the lobby, waiting for the rain to stop. Some of them recklessly decided to fight against the rain. They ignored the rain and ran through it, letting their body drenched and their clothes soaked. Some of them waiting until their private drivers come and pick them up. The rest was still waiting and Taeyeon was one of them. Knowing Taeyeon was still there, Tiffany chose to stay.

 

"Child, why are you still here? You're not bringing your umbrella?" Pastor came to Taeyeon and asked her.

 

"Sigh.. I didn't bring it. I thought today's sky was clear so I didn't anticipate the rain." Taeyeon replied sadly. Tiffany scooted slowly to eavesdrop the conversation.

 

"But your place is quite far from here and it's 7.30 pm by now. I'm afraid the bus isn't available anymore once the clock strike 8 pm. Do you want me to lend you my umbrella?" Pastor offered kindly.

 

"You don't need to, Father. I'll just wait a little longer and see what will happen. If there's no bus then I guess I'll stay here for the night. Is is okay, Father?" Taeyeon let out a sigh seeing the unstoppable rain.

 

"Sure. But it won't be confortable. We don't have fluffy bed here. Do you want to stay at my house?" Pastor asked. This time Tiffany braced herself and walked toward their direction.

 

"Uhm sorry for interrupting. Taeyeon-shii, right?" Tiffany politely disrupted the discussion between Pastor and Taeyeon.

 

"Yes. How can I help you?" Taeyeon diverted her head to the person who just called her.

 

"Errmm.. I heard your conversation earlier. Furtoitously my house is near and I have an umbrella with me. Maybe you can wait for the rain to stop at my house, I mean if you want to." Tiffany's heart beating made her close to insane. She felt nervous yet excited at the same time.

 

"Ah she's right, Taeyeon. This girl here is Tiffany and she and her grandmother are loyal prayers within this church. She is a very nice and humble girl like you. Please accept her offer. Her place is so much better than this empty hall." Like heaven was on her side, the wise man called as Father supported Tiffany's offer.

 

"Good to see you, Tiffany-shii. As you've heard that my name is Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon." Taeyeon offered her hand and Tiffany felt giddy already with the fact she was about to touch Taeyeon in real life.

 

"And about your offer. Are you sure it won't trouble you?" Taeyeon shook her hands with Tiffany.

 

"Of course not. My grandma isn't home at the moment anyway. Come on, we better get going now before the rain fall harder." Tiffany coaxed Taeyeon to follow her.

 

"Father, I'll get going first then. I'll see you around." Taeyeon halted to excuse herself.

 

"Father, I'll go home now. Please take care of yourself." Tiffany followed.

 

"Yes, my children. You too please take care. God bless you." Pastor nodded and watched both girls leaving his sight.

--------------------------------

 

"Come in, Taeyeon. Sorry my grandma forgot to switch the lamp on before leaving earlier." Tiffany unlocked the padlock on her gate.

 

"Yeah. It's okay." Taeyeon shortly answered while trying to cover Tiffany from the rain.

 

"There! Eh? Yah! Why didn't you shelter yourself from the rain?? Look! You're wet, now!" Tiffany entered the gate and turned around just to find Taeyeon already soaked and drenched.

 

"Hahaha.. I'm fine, Tiffany. Uhm.. I can always borrow your shirt later, right?" Taeyeon grinned widely. She didn't know the real meaning behind Tiffany's scold for sure.

 

Tiffany didn't mind even if Taeyeon wanted to borrow a dozen of her shirt but the thing was, seeing Taeyeon being dampened like now was hard, very very hard. Tiffany could see what's hidden behind Taeyeon's flimsy shirt. It was such an easy task to know what Taeyeon's bra color was and it was blue, a light one it was. The cleavage was clear and it almost made Tiffany drool at the sight. Taeyeon's abs looked firm and flat and it urged Tiffany to feel it under her palm. Tiffany had a difficulty to control herself. Her nose was flaring with lust.

 

"Tiffany-shii?? Hello? Are you there?" Taeyeon's call brought Tiffany out of her musing.

 

"Ah? Oh yes, Sorry. You can sit here while I'm grabbing a new clothes for you to change." Tiffany quickly smiled to hide her lewd thoughts earlier.

 

"Thank you and if you don't mind, can you also lend me a new towel? I want to take a bath." Taeyeon touched Tiffany's shoulder and yes it made Tiffany's hair stood up. In reflex, Tiffany flinched and stepped back.

 

"Oh! I'm sorry, my hand is cold, isn't it?? Taeyeon sincerely apologized.

 

"No no.. I'm just surprised. It's okay. Uhm, right. I'll take the towel and clothes. You can just go straight to the bathroom. I'll knock on the door later." Tiffany showed the bathroom and accompanied Taeyeon there.

 

"Got it. And thank you in advance." Taeyeon gave a light smile before entering the bathroom.

 

"Oh my!! Taeyeon is here! The Kim Taeyeon is here, right inside my bathroom! Come on, Tiffany! You have to act normal!!" Tiffany first jumped up and down like a fan girl seeing her idol before she realized her silliness and stopped.

 

"But but!! Ooh Mr. J!! I'm so thankful that you've granted my not so urgent request.. Fiuh.. What do I do now? Aaaaggghhh.. I'm so panic!! And those lips, those abs, those-"

 

"Uhm.. Tiffany-shii?" Tiffany halted and shocked when a familiar voice called her.

 

"Y-yes??" Tiffany hoped badly Taeyeon didn't see her dorkiness before because she would be more than willing to inject herself an anesthesia if Taeyeon watched it.

 

"Sorry for interrupting your happy time but, do you have a new toothbrush?" Taeyeon bit her lips to prevent herself from laughing out loud. Did she just hear that Tiffany idolized her? Wow, that's new.

 

"O-of course. I'll give it for you in a moment." Tiffany hurriedly rushed in, she couldn't handle the embarrassment any longer.

 

"Hahaha.. Thank you!!" Taeyeon yelled a little louder and closed the door behind her. She thought that Tiffany's antique was really cute but not more than that. Let's just say, she's normal well at least up until now.

 

Tiffany several times slapped her own forehead to stop herself from thinking dirty. She had already changed her clothes into a casual one, a mere short sleeves T-shirt and a short pants. She by now was waiting for Taeyeon in the living room. Part of her hoped Taeyeon would come out with mere towel wrapped around her oh-my-god body while another part of her, the still sane one expected Taeyeon to come out with fully-clothed. Tiffany changed the channels on TV to kill some time.

 

"Whoaa.. Your shirt is slightly bigger in my body." Taeyeon come out already wore the clothes Tiffany gave. The towel Tiffany wanted draped on Taeyeon's body ended on the petite girl's newly rinsed hair.

 

"Yeah, I've noticed. Should I get you the smaller one then?" Tiffany gulped hard seeing the water trickled down from Taeyeon's hair to her neckline, collarbone and ended inside Taeyeon's shirt, maybe it flew to the cleavage or... Tiffany shook her head.

 

"No no.. It's comfortable enough." Taeyeon walked toward the living room and sat beside Tiffany.

 

"So, Taeyeon-shii, what would you like to drink?" Tiffany politely asked. She gave Taeyeon the remote TV and stood up.

 

"I'm okay, thank you. I feel grateful enough that you're willing to keep me here while waiting for the rain to stop so troubling you isn't an option." Taeyeon rejected the offer nicely.

 

"But- *GROWL*"

 

"Hahaha.. You're hungry, aren't you? Do you have something to eat? Let me help you to reheat it." Taeyeon switched off the TV and walked to the area where the stove and fridge were.

 

"Is it okay if I treat this as my own home? I don't mean to be rude but-"

 

"Of course! I'm happy that you're a flexible person. Please do so." Tiffany covered her blushing cheeks with her palm.

 

"Uh-oh.. I don't think you can eat this." Taeyeon said.

 

"Eh? What's wrong?" Tiffany came over and took a peek.

 

"You got literally nothing. But hey, you have some meat here, couple of eggs, various kind of vegetables, and rice. We can do something with this." Taeyeon uttered more like to herself. Tiffany could only stare and tilted her head.

 

"Do you like fried rice?" Taeyeon closed the fridge and turned around.

 

"Yes I do. Why?" Tiffany asked back.

 

"Let me make you portions of fried rice then. Can you wait for another 15 minutes?" Taeyeon asked while gathering the ingredients she might need on the kitchen counter.

 

"Ah! Taeyeon-shii, you don't really have to cook. I mean, we can always do delivery, right? I have some numbers of restaurants here, range from Chinese, Koreans, western, well anything." Understanding the situation, Tiffany stood up and stopped Taeyeon from washing the vegetables.

 

"With this weather? You will grow wrinkle before the delivery boy come and give you the food. Besides, this is the least thing I can do for you to show my gratitude." Taeyeon gently brushed off Tiffany's hands from the vegetables and tapped on the faucet.

 

"You can cook?" Tiffany still felt the shivering thanks' to Taeyeon's touch.

 

"You can't cook???" Taeyeon teased the poor girl. She chuckled a bit after that.

 

"Yyyaaahh!! I can! It's just I'm often too lazy to do it." Tiffany lied.

 

"Really? Then help me. Can you dice the garlic and chilies? After that, please heat the oil in the pan and stir-fry the chilies, the garlic, and the meat afterward." Taeyeon took out the knife and started to chop the vegetables evenly.

 

"Errmm.." Tiffany hummed.

 

"You can't cook, can you? Hahaha.. Ara ara.. Just sit there and wait until I'm done." Taeyeon laughed.

 

"I can cook! It's just I can't do the hard ways. I mean I can cook something simple and not the laborious way." Tiffany made an excuse. She chose to stand there and watch Taeyeon cooking.

 

"Bleh. Like I will believe in that." Taeyeon made a smug comment.

 

"Yah! I'll show you my cooking skill some other time!" Tiffany felt annoyed yet happy at the same time. She was glad they had grown comfortable to each other by now and she couldn't lie that this side if Taeyeon made her fall deeper.

 

"I'll wait for it then." Taeyeon stopped and winked at Tiffany. She continued cooking with Tiffany watched her from the side.

-----------------------------------

 

"How does it taste?" Taeyeon sat in front of Tiffany with her chin propped by her hand.

 

"It's good! Whoaa.. You're quite a good cook, Tae!" Tiffany showed her two thumbs.

 

They had made a deal to just call names casually, without any additional shii. Tiffany's grandma called and told her grandchild that she couldn't make it home since the weather wasn't so friendly. Tiffany jumped and danced inside yet she kept her composure in front of Taeyeon. Tiffany chanted another word of gratitude to her God for prolong the moment between her and Taeyeon. Tiffany didn't know what God wanted by this but at least for now, she just happy to enjoy her time with Taeyeon. She would try to figure it out later when she remember.

 

"That I know." Taeyeon proudly stated.

 

"Tsk! Such an arrogant brat! And I thought you were a great person in live." Tiffany muttered in protest.

 

"Hahaha.. Why did you say that? Do you think I'm annoying in live? Am I that different from the Taeyeon on stage?" Taeyeon shoved her rice inside and munched it casually.

 

"Oh yes you are! You look so dazzling on stage but the Taeyeon I'm facing now.. Bleeehh.." Tiffany made a face and mocked the latter.

 

"So you said that you prefer me on stage than the real me? I'm so disappointed, Fany." Taeyeon pretended to be dejected.

 

"Of course!" Tiffany answered shortly.

 

"Of course I prefer the real you because it seems more reachable. You are better off the stage, Taeyeon-ah.. Oohhh, JC I'm so in love with her." Tiffany whined inside her mind.

 

The dinner continued with them changing some useful information with each other. Tiffany learnt that Taeyeon lived alone in a rented house about an hour and half from the church. She worked as an analyst in logistic company on weekdays and as a song leader on Sunday so practically she could only enjoy her holiday on Saturday. She was 23 years old, a little bit older than Tiffany. Her parents and siblings weren't staying in Soul. They lived hours from Soul and Taeyeon seldom meeting them. She could only meet when Taeyeon got a day or two off from work. Taeyeon dedicated her life for her family. She would send most of her wage for her parents so that's why she didn't own any vehicle. She didn't come from religious family and that she was a Christian because she was fated by meeting the Pastor a year ago in front of her office. In short, the man gave her an enlightment and taught her about God's preachment and bible which was the reason why Taeyeon was a devout Christian now.

-----------------------------------

 

"Tae, you can just put the dirty plate there. I'll wash it tomorrow." Tiffany called Taeyeon only by name because the short girl asked her to. Taeyeon would feel old when Tiffany called her unnie.

 

"Naah.. Let me wash it." Taeyeon stubbornly rejected. She washed her plate along with Tiffany's one and the young woman could only heave a sigh.

 

"It's 9 pm already and I don't think the rain will dissipate soon. Do you want to stay over?" Tiffany hid the cheeriness of her questions.

 

"But I have a work tomorrow. Maybe I will just order a taxi to pick me up here." Taeyeon turned the tap off and dried her hands with a small towel hanging from the cabinet.

 

"You can go to work from here. Where is your office?" Tiffany would made a thousands reasons if that could make Taeyeon have a sleepover at her place.

 

"It's about 20 to 40 minutes from here by car but if I take a bus then I'll need more than an hour." Taeyeon answered. She walked to the window and stared at the unstoppable raining. She heaved another sigh and went to sit on the couch near the window.

 

"I have a car. I can drive you to your office and I also have formal attire if you need it. Everything is under control, Tae." Tiffany reasoned out. She walked closer and held Taeyeon's shoulder from behind. She felt another jolt electrified her body once she was skin to skin with Taeyeon. And yes, she enjoyed it to the max.

 

"But I didn't bring my underwear, Fany. I also don't want to cause you another trouble." Taeyeon sticked out her hands and held Tiffany's which was still located on her shoulder.

 

"You won't. I have new underwear and you can use it." Tiffany's energy refilled once Taeyeon held her. She was so giddy and dizzy due to over joy she felt.

 

"Are you sure it will be okay?" Taeyeon asked for a confirmation.

 

"Yes. Never been so sure before." Tiffany walked away and sat beside Taeyeon.

 

"Cheesy Fany.." Taeyeon chuckled.

 

"Thank you. Father is right, you are so nice and humble." A thank you smile appeared on Taeyeon's face.

 

"Flattering me won't give you any benefit, Taeyeon." Tiffany lied. She averted her gaze to anywhere but Taeyeon.

 

"So since we're full and happy, can we go to sleep now?" Taeyeon yawned.

 

"Sure. You can use my room while I'll use-"

 

"Whoooaaa!!!" Tiffany jumped to Taeyeon's lap when the thunder roared too loud to her liking. She entangled her hands around Taeyeon's neck and buried her face inside Taeyeon's crook.

 

"I think we'll sleep in the same room then. Show me which one is yours." Taeyeon swiftly lifted Tiffany's up. She safely put her hands under Tiffany's thighs to prevent the young woman from falling.

 

"Go straight and turn left on the corner." Tiffany shyly hid her face inside Taeyeon's crook.

 

Taeyeon giggled and wrapped her hands tighter around Tiffany. She followed the direction and arrived in front of the door which Tiffany admitted as her room. Taeyeon turned the door knob and opened the room. She was welcomed by the light pink wallpaper with queen sized bed located in the center of the room. Taeyeon placed Tiffany on the bed and seated herself beside her. Tiffany quickly hid her head under the pillow. She still felt ashamed for being childish earlier.

 

"My younger sister is afraid of thunder too you know so it's totally understandable. Hey, come on.. Don't be shy." Taeyeon nudged Tiffany's waist.

 

"Hhahaha.. Okay then. It's up to-"

 

"Kyaaaa!!!" Tiffany abruptly moved and searched for Taeyeon. She forgot the fact she had fallen in love with the latter and just held her tightly.

 

"Shoo.. I'm here, Fany-ah.. Let's go to sleep." Taeyeon cooed.

 

"Will you be okay to sleep with me?" Tiffany held Taeyeon tighter.

 

"Why should I worry? We both are girls, aren't we?" Taeyeon laughed. She ruffled Tiffany's hair and led her to lie on her back.

 

"Ah.. Yes." Tiffany wanted to punch herself for forgetting that fact. Neverthless, knowing she had feelings grow intensely for Taeyeon made her nervous and restless with the information that she would be sharing the same bed with Taeyeon.

 

"Now let's sleep. I will give you free ticket to hug me while sleeping special for tonight." Taeyeon held Tiffany closer to her body.

 

"I'll be here and you're welcome to hug me if the thunder attacks again." Taeyeon rubbed Tiffany's back tenderly.

 

Taeyeon treated Tiffany like her own sister. She felt the needs to protect her and nothing more beyond that. Unfortunately, Tiffany mistreated it as a signal for her that Taeyeon could probably have a huge chance to feel attracted to Tiffany. Tiffany didn't miss that opportunity. She grabbed Taeyeon's shirt and rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. She felt that God fated her to meet Taeyeon and maybe this wasn't a mere coincidence after all. Tiffany made a promise to treasure this moment forever.

 

"Goodnight, Tiffany." Taeyeon patted Tiffany's shoulder and let her be clingy to Taeyeon. The older woman lend her chest to be occupied by Tiffany.

 

"Goodnight, Taetae." Taeyeon kind of startled wih the pet name Tiffany made for her but she still liked it anyway.

 

Both of them sleeping with wide smiles decorating their faces. Taeyeon smiled because she was happy finding a new devout girl to be her friend or sister while Tiffany smiled because she thought Taeyeon deliberately gave her signs that she felt attraction. They both might have different reasons but God watched them from above with His absolute plan within His palm. He knew what He would do with both of the girls yet He chose to just wait and see for now. Tiffany had the best night in her life, sleeping inside her idol/loved one embrace through the night. She silently thanked the thunder for appearing in the right moment.

------------------------------------------------

Yep! This is the second chapter for you~

I think the story will end in 2 chapters more if it's according to my plan~

How do you like the story so far? Good? Ordinary? Boring? T.T

Well for whatever thought you may have in mind, please make sure you say it to me through the comment box below~ ^^

And again before you misunderstand my intention, I want to say sorry if there are things inside this story that may offend your belief or religion somehow. I'm a devout christian too so yes, please don't misunderstand. This is purely fiction and it doesn't apply in real life~ Except my life because it happens to me! Hehehe...

Thank you for the comments I've received so far and I can't wait to read other comments soon!! Thank you too for reading, liking, subscribing, voting, and commenting~~

I love you guys and see you in the next chapter~ :*