If...?!

Fated

 

"You're jjang as usual, Taetae!!" Tiffany clapped her hands vividly from the front row seat, near the stage where Taeyeon did her practice a day before the actual preachment on Sunday.

 

"Thank you, Fany!" Taeyeon came down from the stage and approached Tiffany.

 

Since the night where Taeyeon had a sleepover, they became close and even closer each day passed. Tiffany wouldn't think twice to send message or sometimes call Taeyeon when the shorter girl had reached home.  Taeyeon too would be gladly reply each message Tiffany sent and received the call; never once thought negatively about the younger girl; totally oblivious that Tiffany had a crush on her. It's been 3 months and they now looked like twins that it would be hard to find one without another.

 

They would spend weekends together. Tiffany would patiently accompany Taeyeon to practice every Saturday afternoon. She would watch Taeyeon singing the songs would be sang the day after. It would take about 2 to 3 hours if everything went smooth or sometimes more than that, but Tiffany didn't mind. The more Tiffany knew Taeyeon, the more her feeling grew for the latter. It started with a crush but now? Tiffany was sure it had grown more. Like maybe or... No, Tiffany didn't want to think about it. What if it was love? Oh, she would be doomed by then.

 

"Are you bored?" Taeyeon took the bottle cap and gulped the water.

 

"Nope. I'm good. Is it still long?" Tiffany took the liberty to wipe Taeyeon's sweat away from her forehead.

 

"I'm afraid so. Do you want to go home first? I'll see you at your home right after I've finished with this." Taeyeon smiled thankfully. She put back the bottle cap and gave the bottle to Tiffany. She was the one who brought the water anyway.

 

"No. I'll just wait here. Fortunately your singing ability is good enough so it can entertain me alright." Tiffany put back the small towel along with the water inside her bag.

 

"Thank you. I'll treat you to lunch after this, okay?" Taeyeon ruffled her hair and it made Tiffany's heart beat skipped a bit. She felt all of oxygen was replaced by hydrogen that she couldn't breathe properly. Taeyeon's face was too close, so close that Tiffany had the urge to close the gap.

 

"I'll be back to the stage. Wait for me okay?" Taeyeon's voice woke Tiffany from her daydreaming.

 

"O-okay." Tiffany reacted slowly. A smile threw to Tiffany and again, Tiffany felt the world stop turning.

 

"She's great, isn't she?" A male voice startled Tiffany.

 

"Father. Yes she is." Tiffany turned around to bow for a moment before focusing her attention back to her one and only.

 

"You seem close nowadays. I'm happy because I know she's a good girl and so are you. So, what do you think about Taeyeon?" His voice made Tiffany huffed silently, knowing she had to stop admiring Taeyeon for today.

 

"She's nice, humble, and smart." Tiffany shortly replied.

 

"She is. Not to mention she has amazing voice. I'm sure she can be an idol if only she wanted to." Pastor added.

 

"Uhm.. I think so too, Father." Tiffany nodded.

 

"I see that you are too often visiting church and even Taeyeon is your main reason, I'm still happy because she has made you closer to God. Tell me, is Taeyeon the reason why you join the afternoon prayer on Sunday?" Pastor averted his head and tried to read Tiffany's mind through her eyes. Tiffany winced a bit, feeling too shocked with the question.

 

"Hahaha.. You're always good in reading people, aren't you, Father? Yes she is. At first it was accidental since I missed the morning prayer. My granny made me promise to join the afternoon one and so I did. Then I met her, mesmerized by her voice, dazed by her singing ability and by now I'm officially her fan." Tiffany ended her explanation with a smile.

 

"Hahaha.. So now you admit that you're her fan?" Pastor let out a wise chuckle.

 

"I think so. But, please don't tell her, Father. She would tease me endlessly if she knew." Tiffany pleaded cutely to the man she had treated as her own grandfather.

 

"Hahaha.. Ara ara. It's a promise." Pastor chuckled and nodded twice.

 

"How's your grandma?" He changed the topic.

 

"She's healthy and so alive as usual. Thank you for asking." Tiffany answered. She took a quick glance to Taeyeon who was had her eyes on her. Taeyeon winked and Tiffany quickly composed herself, return her focus back to the Pastor.

 

"Good. Well, my child. I'm happy to continue talking with you but I don't think you feel the same way." Pastor exclaimed and smiled warmly.

 

"Eh? What do you mean? I'm happy talking with you too, Father. You can ask me anything and I'll be more than willing to answer." Tiffany asked confusedly.

 

"Are you sure you still want to talk with me even Taeyeon's practice has ended?" Pastor teased Tiffany.

 

"Hi, Fany-ah! Oh, hello Father." Taeyeon walked to Tiffany. She bent her body to bow politely at the Pastor.

 

"Hello, Taeyeon. You're great as usual." Pastor smiled and gestured Taeyeon to take a seat beside Tiffany.

 

"Thank you, Father." Taeyeon remarked.

 

"Okay, I think I'll leave you two alone. Have fun and have a nice weekend. Just don't forget to visit here tomorrow, alright?" Pastor stood up and waved. He turned his body around and was about to walk when he remembered something.

 

"Tiffany, I hope you'll stay as her fan or best friend only. Don't let your heart guide you to the wrong path, my child. I know you know what I mean." Pastor whispered softly inside Tiffany's ear. Tiffany was statued and paralyzed after hearing that. She couldn't react and her gaze was empty. Pastor had walked away, leaving Tiffany in immobile state and Taeyeon who was oblivious with what just happened.

------------------------------------------------

 

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" Taeyeon propped her chin and used her free hand to take the fries and shoved it to .

 

"Huh? Sorry? What were you saying?" Tiffany was too busy drowning on her own world. Pastor's words kept playing inside her mind.

 

"See? You're not yourself. Is there something bothering you? You know you can tell me anything." Taeyeon spooned her rice and mixed it with pieces of fried chicken and brought it to Tiffany's mouth.

 

"Say aaa..." Taeyeon ordered and Tiffany opened . This little thing Taeyeon always did made Tiffany fell deeper and deeper that she was unable to find her way out anymore. She was stuck, struck and it's all thanks' to her curiosity which had led her like this.

 

"Is it about the exam? Has the result come out already?" Taeyeon now spooned the rice for herself.

 

"Y-yeah. It's because of that." Tiffany lied. Of course exam would never bother her. She's a smart girl, even not smarter than Yoona.

 

"What about that? The result isn't like your expectation?" Taeyeon tilted her head. She sighed and took Tiffany's plate. She kindly chopped Tiffany's steak into smaller pieces.

 

"Thank you, Taetae." Tiffany gave her best smile and took back her plate. Silently, she slapped herself for feeling touched with Taeyeon's gesture just now. Again, she fell deeper and yes, Tiffany noticed that alright.

 

"The result so far is good but there's still one subject hasn't come out. You still remember the experiment I did with Yoona, right?" Tiffany munched her steak slowly. Taeyeon nodded. She had been introduced to Tiffany's family and best friend.

 

"Yes. Why? Hydrology subject, right?" Taeyeon dipped her fries in the sauce and offered it to Tiffany.

 

"That result hasn't come out. Maybe next week. I'm just worried it won't be A. Yoona is the smartest in the class so I will feel bad if she gota B because of me." Tiffany improvised. She didn't forget to smile to utter her thank you for the fries.

 

"Don't worry. I know it will be an A. Yoona has a bright partner not for nothing, right?" Taeyeon chuckled. She sipped her cola and cleaned with a napkin.

 

"I hope so too. Thank you for the encouragement. Taetae, I have a question to ask." Tiffany exclaimed.

 

"What is it?" Taeyeon turned her gaze to the latter.

 

"What do you think of me?" Tiffany braced herself before questioning the question which had been bugging her since forever.

 

"Hmm.. What's with the question? Are there many guys trying to approach you again? Hahaha.. No worries, your super granny will be there to block them out, right?" Taeyeon said. She was informed regarding countless guys trying to chase after Tiffany by Yoona when they had lunch together last week.

 

"Yah! I told you not to believe anything Yoona said about me. She just loves teasing and mocking me, Taetae." Tiffany faked a protest when in fact she's happy Taeyeon still remembered that. At least, it would mean something, right? Like Taeyeon was being attentive, caring, and loving? I know, loving wasn't possible for now.

 

"Oh really? But your Granny said the same and even confirmed that up until now, some guys still love to call to your house phone number, asking where you were since you didn't answer their call. Tsk! You're such a player, Fany-ah. Please don't play with me?" Taeyeon pretended to beg with her hands clasped together.

 

“H-huh?” Tiffany was taken aback by Taeyeon’s words earlier. Playing with her? There’s no way she would do that, if only Taeyeon gave her a chance to be more than just friend.

 

“Hahaha.. You have to see your face, Fany-ah! The expression was priceless! Oh come on, what’s wrong with you?” Taeyeon waved her hand in front of Tiffany’s blank face.

 

“Shut up! Why did you change the topic~ I asked you, what do you think of me?” Tiffany shook her head, slowly regaining her consciousness back.

 

“Ah that. Uhm,, in my opinion, you are pretty, cheerful, definitely not a boring type, smart, and lovable. No wonder many guys try to go after you though. I’d probably do the same if I were a guy.” Taeyeon honestly said, totally unaware that each word coming from would affect Tiffany badly.

 

“Really?” Tiffany blushed. Hard.

 

“Yes. Why? Don’t be too full of yourself, please~ You asked me so I answered it; that simple. Now you have to answer me, why you suddenly had that question. Is by chance you have a crush on someone?? Ah yes! That’s must be it! Your redden face said it all!” Taeyeon clapped her hands cheerfully, feeling that she had hit the bullseye right in the middle.

 

“What are you talking about?! You’re being nonsense, Taetae!” Tiffany averted her gaze, busying herself with the leftover steak she still had on her plate.

 

“True. Love is nonsense, Fany. Once you’re in love, you will feel that logic you may have there will be shut down forcedly. It feels that you are brainless because it will be your heart which will take the lead, making your brain useless and all. It feels nice if your love is reciprocated yet it if doesn’t, it feels like your world just ends up right there and then. It feels there are no more reasons to go on with your life.” Taeyeon turned serious.

 

“What’s with the expression, Taetae? You’re scary~” Tiffany flinched a bit hearing words of truth coming from Taeyeon. However, she knew each and every statement Taeyeon made there was true.

 

If it turned out that Taeyeon didn’t have the same feeling as her, Tiffany didn’t know what she would do with her life because all she knew that the continuation of her life was within Taeyeon’s palm by now. She realized she had to stop her forbidden feelings but instead of stopping, it was growing, more and more wildly that Tiffany had lost her ability to control her feelings any longer. Had it become love? Tiffany didn’t know. There were hints to prove that it was indeed love but Tiffany managed to ignore it up until now, but then again, until when she could handle it? She didn’t know either.

 

“I’m serious, Fany-ah. But let’s skip that part for now. I don’t want you to feel scary when you’re just in love. So tell me, who’s the lucky guy?” Taeyeon grinned, changing her expression back to her old dorky self.

 

“What guy?” Tiffany tried to be innocent.

 

“Aiiii~ Stop lying. Even if you say no, your eyes say otherwise.” Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows playfully.

 

“I’m not lying~ I swear, there’s no guy and I’m not having a crush at anyone by now. You know how scary granny can be toward any guy who tries to court me.” Tiffany reasoned out. She didn’t lie, did she? First, her crush wasn’t a guy because it was girl and secondly, she was sure it couldn’t be called mere crush anymore because it was more than that, much more than that. What was it then? Oh no, Tiffany didn’t have an answer to that.

 

“Okay okay, I believe you… for now~” Taeyeon stuck out her tongue at Tiffany and the eye smile could only chuckle, couldn’t believe she had fallen for a kid, a cute and adorable one of course.

 

“If I may now, what kind of guy do you like? I mean, what’s your type? Who knows I can search it for you at work. There are some available and high quality guys in my office you know.” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Uhmm..” Tiffany frowned, tapping her chin few times. She had difficulties to blurt out her type when it was all in Taeyeon. Would Taeyeon feel suspicious if she told her the physical attribute and attitude about Taeyeon to Taeyeon herself? Tiffany wondered.

 

“Eeeeyyy~ Don’t be shy, Fany. We’re best friends by now, aren’t we?” Taeyeon encouraged. Tiffany bit her lower lips hearing ‘best friend’. It awakened her, in a bad ways surely.

 

“Y-yes. Sure. I mean, we are best friends, the best one out there.” Tiffany stammered and Taeyeon raised her eyebrows.

 

“Are you really okay?” Taeyeon sat up and moved to the vacant seat beside Tiffany. She hugged Tiffany’s shoulder and squeezed it a bit.

 

“I’m okay.” Tiffany felt shivered under the older woman’s touch. She accidentally leaned in to Taeyeon, wanting to feel more soft touches from the song leader singer.

 

“It’s alright if you can’t tell me now. Just remember, I’ll always be here for you if you have something to share. Let’s go now.” Taeyeon scooted to retrieve her wallet inside her pocket. She took out sheets of money and put it on the table.

 

“Where are we going?” Tiffany looked down, to the intertwining hands. Yes, Taeyeon held her hand and Tiffany felt it right. It fitted perfectly, just like Taeyeon’s hands were formed just to be held by her and vice versa.

 

“Have fun! You’re too bothered by something I don’t know and I hate seeing you look troubled like that. Besides we have to celebrate for your outstanding grades you’re received!” Taeyeon halted and looked at Tiffany. She grinned widely and winked.

 

“Yah! But I still have one grade left out~ Hydrology’s grade hasn’t come out yet.” Tiffany’s pull made Taeyeon stopped on her track again.

 

“I’m sure it will be an A anyway, so what’s the worry for? Which one do you prefer, movies or arcades? But I’m open for anything if you have different idea.” Taeyeon grabbed Tiffany’s arm and pulled her again to walk to the parking area.

 

“You are crazy, Taetae~” Tiffany protested yet still followed. She held back the smile and uttered silent cursed at her heart for falling a little deeper again.

 

“I know I am but you never protest about it so I conclude that you like my craziness.” Taeyeon laughed and Tiffany did the same.

 

“Whatever! Let’s go to cinemas then~ I want to watch a movie~” Tiffany held the hand tighter and it made Taeyeon looked at her. Taeyeon smiled and nodded.

---------------------------------------------------------

 

“Whoaa~ That’s a great one~ It’s so touching that I couldn’t help but cry.” Tiffany commented. The movie just finished and by now they were making their way out of the cinemas theater.

 

“What’s so great about that? It’s boring, excruciating, exaggerating, an- mmpphh~” Taeyeon’s mouth was muffled by Tiffany’s hand.

 

“You said you wanted to follow my idea so stop complaining! You just don’t know the meaning of art and romantic. Geezz~ You ignorant~” Tiffany rolled her eyes and Taeyeon mimicked the gesture, but the rotation was adverse.

 

“You’re so childish, Taetae~” Tiffany chuckled seeing the unique gesture.

 

“Hehehe.. That’s what people always fail to detect my real age. I’m sure if we ask random people, they would say your age is older than me~” Taeyeon laughed with her own jokes.

 

“So childish~ But then again, I’ve fallen in love with this childish and kid like woman. Who’s to blame, huh?” Tiffany mumbled under her breath.

 

“What were you saying?” Taeyeon walked backward and brought her ear closer to Tiffany.

 

“Nothing~ Let’s deliver you home now~ Your sanity is lessen each hour passes and I don’t want to face an insane Taeyeon today~” Tiffany led the way to the area where her car was.

 

“Yah! I’m not a thing! I’m a human!” Taeyeon ran a little, trying to catch with Tiffany’s quick steps.

 

“Oh yes you are. It’s just your height that makes it unbelievable that you are a real human instead of half human-sized doll.” Tiffany giggled.

 

“Yah! Don’t bring my height in this topic! She is totally innocent in it~ Besides, I’m not short! I’m sure in 2 years, my height can be at least as tall as you~” Taeyeon crossed her hands on her chest. She pretended to be angry and didn’t want to move a bit from her spot.

 

“And now the childish Taeyeon is out again~ Come on, Taetae~ The sky is dark and I’m sure in no time, the rain will fall.” Tiffany sighed. She went to Taeyeon’s side and opened the car door for her before going back to her side and climbed the driver seat.

 

“Thank you~” Taeyeon said and leaned in to leave a kiss on Tiffanys’ cheek. Taeyeon then buckled her seatbelt and waited for Tiffany.

 

“Fany~” Taeyeon called when Tiffany hadn’t moved a muscle. She nudged Tiffany a bit on her waist.

 

“Huh?” Tiffany’s cheeks were still red and Tiffany made a note not to wash her face for today. She would worship her cheek for the night. It had Taeyeon’s mark on it anyway.

 

“Why didn’t you turn on the engine?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Sorry~ I was distracted.” Tiffany shook her head. She fastened her seatbelt and ignited the engine.

 

“Fany-ah, can I sleep? I’m so tired from the practice and babysitting you~” Taeyeon sleepily asked the latter.

 

“Hhahaa.. Sure~ Make yourself comfortable. I’ll wake you up when we’ve arrived.” Tiffany answered.

 

“Good~” Taeyeon yawned and closed her eyes.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, how can you be so adorable, cute, and lovable at the same time? Lord, I know my love for her is wrong but what can I do about it? Is there any way I can forget her and pretend that I never have feelings for her?” Tiffany stepped on her brake pedal and looked to her side, admiring the face she had grown to love.

 

“If we’re not meant to be together then please do it in the kindest way possible. I don’t think I can take a rejection, especially coming from her.” Tiffany continued to say in her mind. She removed the fringed splattered on Taeyeon’s face to be able to look at her more properly.

 

“Ngghh~ we’ve arrived?” Taeyeon slowly opened her eyes and Tiffany quickly removed her hand away.

 

“Yes. We’re in front of your apartment now.” Tiffany turned off the car engine to avert her attention away.

 

“Uhmm,, it’s raining heavily~ The weather nowadays is so unpredictable, isn’t it?” Taeyeon looked outside and rain’s sputtering tainted the car’s window.

 

“Yeah. The sky looked clear this afternoon. Who knows it would rain in the evening.” Tiffany agreed.

 

“Did you bring your umbrella?” Taeyeon turned to Tiffany.

 

“Not sure.” Tiffany shrugged.

 

“Check it first.” Taeyeon requested.

 

“I don’t think I bring it.” Tiffany said after trying to search it under her seat and Taeyeon’s one. She too couldn’t find it inside her purse.

 

“I don’t think it will be that useful too in case you did bring it.” Taeyeon saw the sky was so dark that the color was black instead of dark blue.

 

“Come over. Wait until the rain has subsided a bit. You can’t drive on this weather. It’s too dangerous.” Taeyeon added.

 

“Huh? What do you mean? I can have the sweeper on my car. No worries~” Tiffany hid the excitement inside her chest. The feeling of being invited and to be able to enter Taeyeon’s apartment was too overwhelming. She never once visited Taeyeon’s apartment so knowing she had at least being offered to make her so happy.

 

“I don’t take no as an answer, Fany. There’s no way I would let you drive. At least stay at my place for an hour or so, waiting for the rain to dissipate.” Taeyeon repeated her statement.

 

“But I don’t want to trouble you.” Tiffany said.

 

She didn’t try to play hard to get. In one way, she really wanted to say yes but on the other side, she was afraid she couldn’t handle her brain from thinking dirty. It would be just the two of them anyway. Since the night when she slept inside Taeyeon’s embrace, she found it difficult not to think about Taeyeon as a man instead of her friend. She didn’t want to describe it in detail, feeling that the dirty little secrets should be hers to be kept and it meant only her that could know it.

 

“You wouldn’t be a trouble for me, Fany~ Geezz and I thought we’re close enough to share about anything to nothing. Come; park your car right there. It’s closer to my apartment.” Taeyeon pointed to the area meters away from Tiffany’s car.

 

“Are you sure it will be okay? But you’re tired and I don’t want to-“

 

“Shut up and drive~” Taeyeon’s words cut Tiffany short.

--------------------------------------------------

 

“Come in, Fany~ Sorry, my apartment isn’t even half as big as your home. It’s called apartment anyway~” Taeyeon chuckled. She hung her jacket on the hook behind the door and stepped in.

 

“It’s okay. Your apartment is neat and clean. Hum,, good point.” Tiffany took off her shoes and still wore her socks. She followed Taeyeon to the living room.

 

“What do you want to drink?” Taeyeon yelled a little from the kitchen area.

 

“Anything is fine.” Tiffany yelled back; much louder undoubtedly.

 

“Sometimes I forget how loud you can be. I’m sure if you were the song leader, you wouldn’t need a microphone because your original voice would make it.” Taeyeon came and placed a hot coffee in front of Tiffany.

 

“Thank you and thank you too for the honesty. I highly appreciate that.” Tiffany murmured sarcastically.

 

“You are welcome~” Taeyeon grinned and made her way to sit beside Tiffany.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, have you ever felt lonely? You know, you live alone, doing anything alone and not to mention you don’t have a boyfriend too.” Tiffany started the conversation.

 

“Months ago yes, I often feel lonely but if you ask me now, I think the answer will be no.” Taeyeon silently sipped her coffee from her mug.

 

“And why is that?” Tiffany was incapable in taking the hints.

 

“Because I have you.” Taeyeon turned to Tiffany, stared at her straight in her eyes.

 

“But I know I will experience those terrible feelings again once you have a lover.” Taeyeon continued, still had her eyes on Tiffany.

 

“Then why don’t you try to search for a lover? You’re not bad, Taetae. In fact, you are cute and pretty with amazing voice.” Tiffany hid her joy when she looked Taeyeon had sad expression at the mention of lover.

 

“I don’t know. I’m fine with myself like this. I’m so independent and I don’t think I need a lover to take a good care of me. I prefer spoiling compare to being spoiled. It’s weird considering that I’m a woman and woman tends to love being spoiled. Maybe my past love experience has affected me badly.” Taeyeon shrugged and leaned back. She then yawned and rested her head on the arm rest.

 

“Here, you can sleep on my lap.” Tiffany helped Taeyeon to place her head on her lap. Her heart thumped loudly and she hoped it wouldn’t be as loud as her voice.

 

“You have a bad experience with love, Taetae? Care to share?” Tiffany ran her fingers through Taeyeon’s hair and the older girl closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of Tiffany’s smooth fingers on her scalp.

 

“Naah. I don’t even want to talk about it. In short, he betrayed me, my trust and it made me bitter with guys. It’s been 3 years yet I still can’t erase those painful memories from my head. It even makes me think that there are only two types of guys in this world; one the guys are gay and two, the guys are players.” Taeyeon showed her two fingers to Tiffany.

 

“Not every guy is bad you know. Let’s just say that you just met a wrong one but it doesn’t mean that that term applies to every guy you meet.  Some are nice and some are players while the rest will be jerks. That’s just how it is.” Tiffany pretended to be wise when in fact she was dancing inside. Taeyeon’s trauma of guys made confidence escalated. Who knew she preferred woman instead of man, right? She needed to thank whoever that guy who betrayed Taeyeon someday.

 

“I know but… it’s not easy to forget about it. I never even imagine myself being with a man since that time. You may call me exaggerated but I’m not. I was with him for over 3 years just to know he was cheating me behind my back for more than a year. I always say to myself that being alone is so much better than being with a man. I just hope I won’t turn gay though.” Taeyeon chuckled. She opened her eyes and met Tiffany’s warm gaze.

 

“Have you ever imagined yourself being with a woman instead then?” Tiffany looked down and stopped her hand movement on Taeyeon’s hairs.

 

“If only it’s not a sin, I’m sure by now I already have a girlfriend. I don’t mean to boast but many girls are after me in the office. They think I’m a gay because I stay single since forever.” Taeyeon snuggled closer, gluing her head to Tiffany’s flat stomach.

 

“So have you or have you not, Taetae?” Tiffany repeated her question.

 

“Have what?” Taeyeon lifted up her head a little.

 

“Have you imagined yourself having a girlfriend instead of boyfriend?” Tiffany asked nervously. She told her heart to calm down a bit. Part of her felt afraid of hearing the answer but another part of her was filled by expectation.

 

“Hmm.. Now that you ask me~ I don’t know. I just know I don’t like being spoiled or be paid attention to too much. Every man who tried to court me did that and I immediately kicked him from trying to even do further than spoiling or such. It ruined my mood.” Taeyeon nonchalantly answered. She frowned remembering the last guy who tried to approach him using his money and position. It was such a turned off for her.

 

“So, what’s your type?” Tiffany changed the question since she didn’t actually get a definite answer from the previous one.

 

“Never thought about it either. I think my type is simple. As long as we click with each other then it’s enough. If we truly love each other then any negative trait can be accepted. You know like if you’re a lazy person then it means your lover has to be the diligent one; if you are temperamental then your lover has to be patience. Just like that.” Taeyeon took Tiffany’s hand and put it on her forehead, asking the younger girl to repeat caressing her hair indirectly.

 

“Uhmm,, and if you were to be asked, which one do you prefer, a girlfriend or a boyfriend?” Tiffany started to caress Taeyeon’s hair again.

 

“What’s with the question, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon wrinkled her face.

 

“Just random ones, Taetae. I want to know more about you and as far as I’m concerned, it’s always all about me and I just remembered that you never told me your love story. Wae? Do you mind telling me that?” Tiffany pouted.

 

“That’s because you’re so talkative and being a good one, I always offer my ears to hear that. You have to be responsible if my ears hurt someday in the future though.” Taeyeon smirked.

 

“Yah!!” Tiffany slapped Taeyeon’s arm.

 

“Okay. Back to the question. Which one do you prefer?” Tiffany pried.

 

“You’re such a stubborn girl, aren’t you?” Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Yes I am and deal with that~” Tiffany stifled a giggle.

 

“I don’t like guys but doesn’t mean I’m gay.” Taeyeon stated.

 

“Do you want to be with guys? Having boyfriend?” Tiffany tapped Taeyeon’s nose playfully.

 

“Errrmmm… Not at this moment for sure.” Taeyeon grimaced imagining herself having a boyfriend.

 

“How about next year then?” Tiffany continued. She straightened up the wrinkle off of Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Eeeerrmm.. Can we postpone it a little bit?” Taeyeon innocently bargained and Tiffany let out a whole heartedly laugh.

 

“How many years?”

 

“When I feel like it.”

 

“Taetae, you will grow old by then. It’s not good if you bear a child when you’re too old. People say, woman supposedly has children in her 20’s age. If you still like this, then when will you have a child, huh?” Tiffany flicked Taeyeon’s forehead playfully.

 

“Can I not have a child then? My mother said the process is so painful and you’d be on the verge of dying, betting your life in God’s and doctor’s hand just to make your child see the world for real. I don’t think I want to experience that.” Taeyeon made a face and shook her head immediately, couldn’t continue imagining herself bearing a child.

 

“You’re so stupid, Taetae. Women are made naturally for that. Every woman wants to have her own children.” Tiffany pinched Taeyeon’s cheek.

 

“I don’t care. If he still wants to be with me then he will have to deal with my principle. But if he still insists then there’s always another way to have children. We can go to adoption option.” Taeyeon continued.

 

“What about having a girlfriend instead then?” Tiffany placed her other hand on Taeyeon’s abs, slowly grazing her stomach but trying hard not to slip her hand inside Taeyeon’s shirt.

 

“Eh?” Taeyeon was caught off guard with the question. She held Tiffany’s hand on her stomach on place so it wouldn’t move ghostly on her tummy any longer.

 

“It’s forbidden by our religion, Fany-ah. It’s a big sin and I don’t want to commit that.” Taeyeon’s voice softened.

 

“Why do you say that? What proof do you have there that being in love with a woman is a sin?” Tiffany grew serious. Wrinkles were seen on her forehead.

 

“It’s all written in bible, Fany. Why do you even ask me about this?” Taeyeon sat up and placed her body beside Tiffany.

 

“Which verse, Taetae?” Tiffany ignored Taeyeon’s other question.

 

“Oh come on, why do we even talk about this, huh?” Taeyeon huffed.

 

“I just want to discuss this matter and while we’re on it, why don’t we continue? You have enough knowledge about bible and so do I. As far as I know, bible stated that ‘Love is patient, and is kind; love doesn’t envy. Love doesn’t brag is not proud, doesn’t behave itself inappropriately, doesn’t seek its own way, Is not provoked, takes no account of evil; doesn’t rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails’” Tiffany ended reading the verse.

 

“I know that. So?” Taeyeon nodded.

 

“It means love isn’t a failure since it never fails. No matter with whom you fall in love with, you will never be judged because of that. You know, ‘Hatred stirs up dissension but love covers all wrongs.’” Tiffany added.

 

“Uhmm.. and then? What are you insinuating, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon grew suspicious.

 

“Just saying that you always have a choice to pick the gender you’ll be falling in love with. Don’t force yourself to fall for a guy when you don’t think it’s right.” Tiffany silently hoped Taeyeon wouldn’t read between the lines. She felt Taeyeon’s intense gaze and it scared her alright.

 

“I can argue with your explanation earlier. Bible says in Leviticus 18:22, ‘You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman. That is detestable.’ So it’s clear that we must not love the same gender, Fany-ah. I rather go with the man I’m not in love with rather than drown myself in sin.” Taeyeon debated back.

 

“So?” Tiffany shortly asked.

 

“So?” Taeyeon frowned deeper.

 

“So what, Taetae? It’s guys whom you are talking about.  Gays mean a man in love with a man. The bible doesn’t actually say about lesbian, does it?” Tiffany fidgeted her fingers nervously but she tried to remain strong.

 

There’s a huge possibility that she could change Taeyeon’s preference thanks’ to her bad experience with guys so she made sure she would choose that chance wisely. Tiffany realized her beauty; her fans said it all. She knew she was attractive that guys fell head over heels for her so she hoped her beauty could help her to get Taeyeon this time. Tiffany stood her ground firmly, didn’t back out and didn’t plan to do so. She would prove that Taeyeon was her fate, not another trial sent by God. She was too pure and beautiful to be her trial. So it’s must be fate, right? The truth that she visited the church on afternoon that day; the coincidence that the rain fell heavily so Taeyeon could have a sleepover when no one was home; the bad experience Taeyeon shared with guys. Add those information and it would understood if Tiffany treated is as her good fate instead of mere trial.

 

“Whoaa~ Stop right there, Tiffany Hwang! I don’t really understand what you mean by all of these~ I know you care for me and that you only want the best for me so you try to accept me in case one day I change my preference, but don’t you think it’s too much?” Taeyeon concluded it herself.

 

She thought that was the truth when in fact it was only partly true. Tiffany wanted Taeyeon to change her preference, yes, but for her and her only, not for others. Tiffany wanted Taeyeon for herself, to treat her more than just friends or best friends. Tiffany wanted it all. She knew using bible was wrong and she probably would be condemned because of that, but she was just trying to seek the truth on bible and yes, it did only say about gays association, not lesbians ones.

 

“Taeyeon-ah, what would you do if you have to choose between the two; one is sinful but your heart knows it’s the rightest thing to do and the other is rejected by your heart but your logic tells you it’s the safest way possible?” Tiffany ended the bible arguments and diverted the topic.

 

“Uhmm now the question is getting weirder~ Sigh, what is really wrong with you, Fany-ah?” Taeyeon scooted closer, turned her body sideways and palmed Tiffany’s face.

 

“Just answer me, Taetae~” Tiffany’s breath hitched feeling Taeyeon’s face was too close to her.

 

“I think I will go with the first one and see how it will turn out. Even when I know it’s sinful but I know my Lord will always forgive me at the end. At least I won’t grow curious or feel regret since I’ve a taste on it.” Taeyeon removed her palms and returned to her position.

 

“Are you sure?” Tiffany’s breath was getting shorter once she heard the honest answer.

 

“Yes.” Taeyeon nodded firmly.

 

“Then please pardon me for what I’m about to do~” Tiffany used her pleading tone.

 

“Eh? What do you mean? What will you-mpphhhh!!” Taeyeon’s lips were eating by Tiffany even before she finished with her words. Taeyeon wanted to pull back but Tiffany’s hands on her chin disallowed her to. Tiffany’s grip was getting tighter and she titled Taeyeon’s face to deepen the kiss. Taeyeon’s felt her defense weakened. She let Tiffany kissed her and returned the kiss eventually.

 

“Wh-what.. I… You…” Taeyeon stuttered. Her face was enough to explain how shocked she was. She gasped in horror remembering what she just did with Tiffany.

 

“N-no.. It can’t be true..” Taeyeon stood up and moved backward carelessly, almost stumbled a few times.

 

“Taeyeon-ah~” Tiffany stood up and tried to touch Taeyeon but the shorter woman slapped Tiffany’s hand away.

 

Taeyeon ran to her bedroom and slammed the door behind her. She locked her bedroom and climbed on her bed. She covered her full body with her blanket and tried to shut her eyes but not to avail. Tiffany sighed and muttered harsh words to herself. She walked to the front door of Taeyeon’s bedroom and knocked a few times. She gave up when there’s no answer coming from Taeyeon. She pulled out a blank paper and scribbled on it. She left the notes on the coffee table, an easy place to be spotted so Taeyeon wouldn’t miss it. She let out a sigh and went out the apartment, ignoring the heavy rain which made her drenched.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Okay so here is the third chapter.. Sorry for making you wait too long T.T

Next chapter will be the last one so be ready for it XD

Will it end up with Taeny being together or will they...... Oh I don't want to continue it.. Just make sure you will hold your breath for a moment and wait for the last chapter~ Hehehe...

Thank you for all the support I've received so far~ I'll get busy starting on Friday so I don't think I can update my stories as fast as I used to.. Sorry? :'(

But I assure you I will complete this story before Friday yeaay!!

Don't forget to leave some comments okay? Tell me anything you have in mind, be it critics, suggestions, recommendations, or even personal matters~ Kekeke..

Again I'm so sorry if somehow this storry offends you in any way. I'm a Christian myself so I don't intend to make a bad name on my own belief. This is purely fiction and not everything you read is true. Please understand it~

Thank you again and I'll see you soon! I love you :*