She

Fated

 

“Tiffany, wake up~ It’s 6.30 am already and the worship will be started in half an hour.” Tiffany’s grandma shook her granddaughter’s body gently.

 

“Ngghh~ I’m still sleepy, grandma. Can I just skip for today? I’m sure Jesus will forgive me. He’s a man full of love and amnesty, right?” Tiffany groaned and mumbled with her still closing eyes.

 

“But you can’t just skip like that, child. It’s not good. God has kindly give you free air, free soul, enough food to eat, proper clothes, and still many precious things. What does 2 hours mean compare to the whole 7 days you’ve enjoyed, huh?” The old lady kindly lectured the sleeping girl.

 

“But grandma~~” Tiffany whined.

 

Usually she would be ready by 6.45. She would wake up at 6, preparing simple breakfast for her and her grandmother before going to bath. They lived in a modest house with 3 bedrooms, one for her, one for her grandmother and the rest was prepared for her father when he had a break. As what had been said, her father worked as a sailor and he seldom coming home. If Tiffany was lucky, he would be home once in a month but if he had to ford a huge ocean then Tiffany would be able to meet her father once in 3 months. Her father would stay home for a week to 2 weeks, depended on his boss. He would give his mother adequate money for Tiffany and his mother’s living cost. The allowance was random, depended on when the next time he would be coming home. Aside from that, Tiffany’s grandma had several rented houses to make additional money so that’s why they never lacked of money.

 

“No but, Tiffany Hwang. I will give you time to sleep but you will still have to go to church this afternoon. Be a good lamb for Him, child. Where will you go when your time on earth has finished huh?” Tiffany’s grandmother insisted. She sat on the edge of the bed and turned Tiffany’s body around to face her.

 

“But I have an appointment with Yoona, grandma~” Tiffany nagged her grandmother. She unwillingly peeked at her frowning grandmother.

 

“It’s your choose. Go wake up now and wash your face and come with me or postpone your appointment with Yoona. I don’t want to hear any reason coming from your mouth. Be a grateful daughter for Him, will you? He has been taking care of you so well that you can talk, eat, walk, and do anything normally. Try to look at the handicap or disable people. They really want to be like you but they can’t due to vary circumstances. The least thing you can do is pray, Tiffany. Express how grateful you are for He still lets you live normally and without any deficiency.” Tiffany’s grandma reasoned out so logically. She was very religious and her favorite book was bible after all.

 

“Okay okay, dear Maria~ I will go to church this afternoon and maybe ask Yoona to come along with me. We can always work on the project before and after church anyway. But, grandma, are you okay to go to church on your own?” Tiffany forced her body to sit up and leaned her back on the bed post. She rubbed her eyes tiredly and yawned.

 

“Good~ Next time, don’t sleep too late. Aside from it will make you wake up late, it’s not good for the regeneration of your cell inside your body. I’m okay going on my own. It’s not like the church is far away from here.” Her grandma tenderly rubbed Tiffany’s shoulder and slowly placed her granddaughter back to her initial position.

 

“Oh yeah, I forgot that the church is precisely located across our house. Hehehe.. okay, grandma please pray for Daddy and me~ I will go back to sleep now.” Tiffany fixed her blanket and brought it up to cover her chest.

 

“Sleep tight, child. I have prepared your breakfast on the table. You can reheat it when you want to eat it later. I will go now.” Tiffany’s grandmother bent her body a little and kissed Tiffany’s forehead.

 

“Uhmm.. Bye~ Say hi to Mr. J~” Tiffany mumbled incoherently and her grandmother could only chuckled seeing her granddaughter’s antique.

------------------------------------------

 

“Tiffany, your friend is here~” Tiffany’s grandmother stepped away and asked Yoona to come in.

 

“Tell her to just come into my room, grandma~” Tiffany answered loudly.

 

“Well, Yoona you can hear her loud voice, right? Just go to her room. I will prepare some snacks for you later.” Tiffany’s grandmother kindly smiled and left the tall girl to the kitchen.

 

Since Yoona had been Tiffany’s best friend since junior high school, the tall girl knew her way around inside Tiffany’s house. Yoona was there too when Tiffany’s mother left the earth and went to eternal world called heaven. She was there to entertain Tiffany and made sure that the poor girl would never go alone. Yoona cared about Tiffany so much that she was willing to sleep at Tiffany’s house for about a week after the death of her mother caused of cancer. Tiffany was so grateful to have Yoona as her best friend and she couldn’t ask for more. Tiffany’s family knew Yoona very well too and was happy to know that Tiffany befriended a very generous and cheerful girl like Yoona.

 

“Hi, Tiff!!” Yoona pretended to knock the already opened door and stepped inside Tiffany’s room.

 

“Oh come in, Yoong! Sorry that my room is a mess as usual. Hehehe…” Tiffany made an excuse and hurriedly got up to fold her blanket and tidied up her pillow and bolster in an instant.

 

“Nah~ No worries~ It would be too shocking if your room is neat instead. I prefer this though.” Yoona grinned from ear to ear and teased Tiffany.

 

“Yah! Anyway, have you worked on our project? What is it about again? Agh! I even have forgotten it! When is the deadline?” Tiffany scooted over and gave a space for Yoona to sit on her bed.

 

“Water remediation, Tiff~ We got Cu as our metal polluter and the due is next month so you can relax. There is plenty of time to work on it. But! Don’t forget we only have 2 weeks to enact the report since the experiment alone will take about 2 weeks.” Yoona reminded Tiffany who tended to forget things easily.

 

“Ah yes! Water remediation! So have you brought the things I asked you to?” Tiffany slapped her forehead. She opened up her drawer and took her portfolio contained the list of things she and Yoona needed for the project.

 

“Uhm, sterilized water, PVC pipe, transparent hose, measuring cup, sterilized IV bag, weight scale, PH meter, pipette, and sterilized bottles. Is there anything that I forget?” Yoona pulled out the items one by one and showed it to Tiffany.

 

“Nope~ You are perfect! We already have what we need here. I have prepared the Copper solution and lignite. All we need now is intention~” Tiffany put away the items and plopped her body back to the bed lazily.

 

“Intention? What do you mean?” Yoona cocked her eyebrows. She was still sitting and looked at her friend weirdly until~~

 

“Yah! You lazy ! I’ve told you that we don’t have much time!! Now go and move your big before I force you too!” Yoona got foo the bed and wriggled Tiffany’s body with all her might.

 

“Uhh~ Later, Yoong~ What time is it now anyway?” Tiffany resisted and tried to stay on her comfortable position.

 

“It’s already 3 pm, Tiffany~ You said you wanted to go to church with me later and if I’m not mistaken the next schedule will be at 5 pm. You don’t want your granny to scold you again, do you? Kekeke..” Yoona stuck out her tongue and left Tiffany alone since she knew the brunette in no time would wake up.

 

“Oh ! You are right! Let’s go and arrange this! What do we need to do first then?” Tiffany was panic when she reminded how scary her grandmother could be when it came to religion matter. She could vaguely remember she ever once skipped going to church and she ended up had to go back and forth to school without any allowance for a week.

 

“Hahaha.. Look at your expression! It’s priceless! By the way, have you divided the lignit according to its grain size?” Yoona gathered up the items and grouped it based on its importance.

 

“Yeah, I have. We only need about 2,75 kg for each grain size, right? Because I can swear on my life that it’s hard to separate it! I have to bear the shame of having my face full of black stains thanks’ to its fly ash!” Tiffany grouched and complained. She shared her nightmare when she had to stand up for an hour straight and waited for the old machine to filter the lignite powder.

 

“But at least, I have helped you by smashing it from soft rock into powder, right? Can you imagine that I had to crush the rock which bigger than your head into small tiny powder?! Trust me, it’s not easy~” Yoona animatedly expressed herself.

 

“Yah!! How big do you think my head is?!” Tiffany flicked Yoona’s forehead but not too hard.

 

“I don’t know for exact but I’m sure that it is big enough to accommodate your not so big brain. Hahaha~ OUCH!!” Yoona pouted and rubbed her redden arm, the spot where Tiffany just hit her hard.

 

“Serves your right for being too much in insulting me! Now let’s calculate how many ml do we need to pour the Cu liquid into the water?” Tiffany took the measuring cup and scientific calculator from the drawer.

 

“Uhm since the original concentration is 1000 ppm or 1 mg/kg, I think we only need about ±4,3 mg/L according to the equation V1M1 = V2M2” Yoona was known as one of the brightest student in class and she was always coming on top followed by Tiffany on the second so no wonder if Yoona knew such a simple equation like this.

 

“Tsk! Yeah yeah, I still can remember the equation clearly thank you. No need to be cocky in front of me, Yoong. Remember, one day I will beat you!” Tiffany scoffed adamantly but failed to do so when Yoona threw her biggest pout at Tiffany.

 

“I was just kidding, Tiff. You’re as smart as me but the difference is you are clumsy while I’m a perfectionist. You often answer on the wrong answer sheet and that’s why you can never have perfect grade, unlike me~” Yoona sang in teasing manner, made Tiffany annoyed and in reflex,,


“OUCH!! YAAAH! Okay okay, I’ll stop the insult here for today! Let’s get to work seriously now. We don’t have much time left!” Yoona pointed at the hanging clock on the wall behind Tiffany~

 

“Ah yes you are right! Let’s prepare the material then! I will get the lignite right away!” Tiffany gasped and she moved immediately to start the experiment.

------------------------------------------

 

“Yah, Tiff! Hurry up! It’s 15 minutes to 5 pm and I’m sure in less than a minute your grandmother will-“

 

“Tiffany! What time is it now, huh?? Stop applying your make up and hurry go to the church! Be discipline will you? Who will you meet there anyway? You are there to meet your God, the One who has created you, not some random guys who can’t even stop texting when the priest give preachment about bible~” Tiffany’s grandmother barged in and lectured her granddaughter for the second time caused of the same topic.

 

“Geezz.. Grandma~~ Who knows I can find the right one for me~ I don’t have any chance to meet handsome teenagers since usually only elders will go to church so early in the morning. Do you prefer me dating a widower grandpa?” Tiffany answered back; her eyes however were still focus to the mirror to make the powder on her face even.

 

“Tsk! This stubborn child~ it’s okay if you date the song leader or the musicians there because he can serve the God perfectly, unlike some teenagers nowadays. All they do is text or play games with their gadget when the priest is trying to convey His gospel for our salvation.” The old lady reasoned out. She shook her head and sighed seeing Tiffany who was over dress up.

 

“But the song leader there is a middle-aged ahjussi and the musicians look so nerdy. None of them are attractive enough, grandma~ I’m still young so I can freely seek for a lover now. It doesn’t have to be the one who will end up on the altar with me later; well a decent guy to be with for now is okay. I can always search for Mr. Right when I’m already reaching the age of 25 and by now I’m still 19 so it means I have at least 6 years to go, right?” Tiffany argued casually.

 

It was true that thanks’ to her grandmother archaic attitude, Tiffany never even once had a boyfriend. Her beauty was undoubted of course and it attracted numerous guys to approach her in a romantic way. However whenever the guy who was Tiffany was being close with asked for a date and picked her up at her house, her grandmother would ruin the date. How? The old lady would test his advisability by asking him about bible and God preachment. She would ask what love was according to the bible, what his opinion was about Jesus, what kindness he had done for all his life, what he would offer to God, and such. The guy was of course always ended up being freak out and ran away from Tiffany’s house. In short, most of them gave up in trying making Tiffany theirs. Once was alright, second time was still understandable, third time was too much already, but now? Tiffany had even lost count about it~

 

“You never know, Tiffany. For all this time, you’ve always accompanied your grandma in the morning and you never even once came to the afternoon’s worship. Maybe the afternoon schedule will have different people. They must have work shift, right?” Yoona decided to in before the world war III happened.

 

“Yoona is right, Tiff. Who knows in the afternoon, they have attractive guys as singers and musicians~” Tiffany’s grandmother repeated Yoona’s sentence, trying to granddaughter.

 

“Stop it, Granny~ You’re not young any longer~” Tiffany stated as a matter of fact.

 

“My age maybe not but my soul and mind are still young, Tiff~ Besides, who can guess that I’m already 70 when I’m still look like I’m in my 50? Am I right, Yoona?” Tiffany’s grandmother beamed a smile and tried to be cute with her wrinkle face.

 

“Hahaha… She is right, Tiff. Your grandma looks much younger than her actual age. If you agree, I’m sure she can find you a grandpa.” Yoona giggled along.

 

“No, thank you~ I prefer seeing my grandmother being single.” Tiffany declined the offer. She put down her powder and brushed her long hair.

 

“But I’ve been single since 20 years ago, Tiff. Don’t you feel pity for your grandmother?” Tiffany’s grandmother pretended to gasp and faked a sad expression.

 

“Granny~ You know it will only work on Daddy. Now now, I’m ready to go. Yoong, have you brought the bible?” Tiffany put away the comb and smiled seeing her reflection on the mirror.

 

“Yep! I have it in my bag. Shall we go now?” Yoona nodded.

 

“Wait! Why did you ask Yoona about the bible? Where is your bible, Tiffany?” Tiffany’s grandmother’s expression changed into a serious one. She came to Tiffany and tweaked the brunette’s right ear.

 

“Ouch~~ Granny!! Okay okay, I will bring my own bible. I put it on my study desk. I’ll grab it now~” Tiffany waggled to release her hear from her grandmother’s grip. She ran a little to take the pink covered bible and put it inside her purse.

 

“Now that’s my grandchild~ Now shoo! Don’t forget to pray for your father!” Tiffany’s grandmother yelled a bit before Tiffany and Yoona gone from her sight.

------------------------------------------

 

Tiffany and Yoona were in time. They entered the hall and saw there were still few people inside. The church building wasn’t that big, it would only accommodate about 40 – 50 people inside. Actually there were several churches around Tiffany’s neighborhood but her grandma preferred to pray inside the church just steps away from her house. Tiffany was sure she wouldn’t need 50 steps to reach the destination. Tiffany’s grandmother knew the prayers, the priests and well in short, she knew the people who often praying in this church and most of them were elders so Tiffany’s grandmother felt comfortable to worship here.

 

Unlike her grandmother, Tiffany didn’t like praying here that much. It wasn’t because of the preachment wasn’t good or because the worship songs were bad, but because she felt out of place. They were elders whose ages exceeded 50 while she was only a teenager who had raging hormones and needs to be in love. Heck! Thanks’ to her grandmother, she never even once experienced the flying butterflies whenever she met either the opposite gender or the same gender. Tiffany was of course scared as hell knowing she already reached the age when she should have been in relationship or at least had a crush or two, but none of them happened!

 

If not because she loved her grandmother too much, she would have picked up different church to visit. There’s this one huge church building, 2 stairs building which was famous around the teenagers. Hyoyeon, one of her classmate once told her that the church was always filled with handsome and dazzling guys. Tiffany wanted more than anything to visit that church so one day she begged her grandma to switch the church just for once. After some begging, nagging, and whining, her grandma finally agreed to her proposal. Hyoyeon was right about the dazzling guys but she forgot to tell Tiffany that most of them were ill-mannered guys who texted and played games when the priest spoke about the bible preachment. Since that day, her grandma never gave Tiffany permission to date guys she met in church except if he was a part of singers or musicians.

 

“Good day, Tiffany~” The pastor greeted her and offered his hand.

 

“Good day to you too, Pastor~” Tiffany replied with a sincere smile.

 

“I’ve noticed your absence this morning when I didn’t see you around your grandma but I’m sure there’s a good reason behind it. Look, you bring an innocent soul to be guided by Jesus.” The pastor took a good look at Yoona who was standing behind Tiffany.

 

“Ah, how rude of me! Pastor, this is Yoona my friend.” Tiffany signaled Yoona to shake hands with the Pastor who was also a good acquaintance of Tiffany’s grandmother.

 

“Good day, Pastor. My name is Yoona and I’m Tiffany’s friend.” Yoona bowed politely.

 

“Hello, Yoona. Jesus has brought you here and He must have a reason for that. Welcome to our church and we hope you can enjoy the worships here.” Pastor bowed back and gestured for both of them to take the seat.

 

“I’ll get going first then.” Tiffany excused herself and Yoona followed her friend.

 

Tiffany and Yoona occupied the third row and sat in the middle. Tiffany told Yoona to pray first before the worship began. Tiffany put her bag on the vacant seat beside her and clasped her hands together. She lowered down her head and started to enchant some prayers content of how grateful she was for she could once again join the worship with healthy condition and how she felt thankful for He had sent Yoona to accompany her here. Yoona finished her prayer first. The taller girl took out her cell phone and set it to silent mode. Yoona made herself comfortable while waiting for Tiffany to finish her prayer and the worship event to be started.

 

“Good afternoon everyone! Wow! Thank God there are new faces around here. My name is Taeyeon and I will lead you to sing along, to worship Him, to denote how great He is in our life, and to signify His love for you and me~” Suddenly a short girl appeared and talked through the microphone inside her palm.

 

Tiffany felt the voice was foreign in her ears. She could bet 10000 won that the song leader she always met was a middle-aged ahjussi who was far from attractive. He was bald, his face was rounded and full of whiskers, in short he was always managed to make Tiffany made countless of sins caused of mocking the guy inside her heart too much. God must be hearing her protest and replaced the unattractive guy with a girl whose voice only was enough to draw Tiffany’s attention. Tiffany didn’t need to look up and see who the girl was. By now, the brunette was busy describing her body reactions toward the girl’s voice. Her voice was melodious, addicting, tender, tunable, and sweet. It was everything but negative. It irked Tiffany to look up and see who the owner of that voice was.

 

There she was, standing so graciously before Tiffany. She was petite with bright skin tone color. Her hair was blonde and fell so beautifully on her shoulder. Her neckline was so gorgeous and tempting. Her lips were luscious and kissable. Her nose was small yet sharp and well-defined. Her pink cheeks were attracted Tiffany the most since it was her favorite color. Tiffany was speechless and unable to follow the songs at all. She had parted and her eyes were opened on its maximum sized to admire the song leader she just met today. Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany and gave her a warm yet generous smile. She didn’t stare for too long though since she had to continue leading the prayers inside the church. She could only weakly clap her hands while trying to follow Taeyeon’s movement with her eyes.

 

“Tiff! What happened to you!? Concentrate will you!” Yoona whispered inside Tiffany’s ears and nudged the latter’s arm.

 

“I think I’m in love, Yoong~” Tiffany grinned idiotically while still had her gaze pierced at Taeyeon.

 

“You what?!” Yoona tried hard not to yell prominently when she heard Tiffany’s shocking words just now. However Yoona gave up in asking when she saw Tiffany didn’t react to any of her question. She continued to concentrate in singing and worshipping God.

 

“Yoona is right, they indeed have attractive people as singer in afternoon schedule~ and she is the most attractive one amongst all. She stands out the most~” Tiffany said day dreamingly inside her not so innocent mind.

 

“But! OH MY GAWD! It’s a she instead of a he!! Jesus! What does this feeling mean then?” Tiffany groaned silently when she realized that her crush was a girl instead of a boy.

 

“Yet, she is so attractive! AWW~~ She’s looking at my direction~ I think I’m gonna fainted!” Tiffany had an eye battle with Taeyeon but nor for too long. The song leader quickly returned to her task and inspirited the prayers to sing more vividly.

 

“I’m so dead!” Tiffany let out a heavy sigh sputtered inside her mind.

 

“Who’s dead?” Yoona faintly heard what Tiffany had stated.

 

“Uhm? Oh sorry, nothing~ I was just talking to myself.” Tiffany made an excuse and beamed a sorry smile.

 

“Oh well, you will be dead if your grandma know you’re not concentrating when worshiping God with songs~” Yoona threatened Tiffany seriously. She was a Christian too even though her family wasn’t as devout as Tiffany’s.

 

“Okay okay~ I will concentrate more now. Please don’t tell Granny~” Tiffany murmured inaudibly but loud enough to be heard by other party.

 

“Good!” Yoona nodded.

 

Tiffany for the next hour tried hard and gave her best effort to concentrate in praying and worshiping. Particularly for this day, Tiffany found it very hard to pay attention to what the priest was saying. Her gaze was automatically went back and glued on Taeyeon who sat on the corner of the hall. Tiffany kept glancing at her, ignoring the opened bible. The priest had moved to another verse yet Tiffany was still on the same page for the past 15 minutes. Yoona noticed it and followed Tiffany’s eye direction. She however frowned knowing Tiffany was busy looking at the song leader. Yoona shrugged her shoulder nonchalantly, thinking that maybe Tiffany was being curious with the song leader or maybe she had met Taeyeon before but she forgot where and when. The most important maybe or possibility that Yoona ignored was, maybe Tiffany had just conceived that she was in love with the song leader who had successfully captivated her heart in a single glance.

-------------------------------------

 

Okay, first chapter is ready to be served!!

It's not that long and it generally tells about Tiffany. I will try to make Taeyeon stand out more in the next chapter because within this chapter, they are still nothing but strangers~

Once again I repeat, I don't mean to offend any religion by making this story. It is purely made based on my imagination eh~~ real story I mean. Kekeke~

Please let me know what you think about this chaper through the comment box bellow okay~ I will be sad if there are close to none comments because I really love reading your opinion and thoughts regarding my story. I'm opened with critics but no too harsh please? My heart is sensitive XD

It's almost 3 am in my country now and I think I really need my sleep~ #yawning

For my ongoing stories readers, I'm so sorry for always postponing the updates. I will try to update White Lies, MUL, TLWOM, and I'll Trade My Soul for You soon T.T

Thank you for reading, subscribing, voting, liking, and commenting the story.. And I'm begging you again, please leave me some comments no matter how short it may be T.T

I'll see you in the next chappie, okay? I love you guys!! :*