On Stage

Project R

It was late at night already. Yoona was still in the company building, in one of the practice room. Joongki was waiting for her for a very long time but she insisted to practice on. Donghae's revival had a great impact on her. She can't memorise those remaining lines well enough, because all in her head was Donghae, Donghae, Donghae. 

She looked at herself. She knew that she was all tired but stared back at her script. A page and half to go. She let out a sigh. 

Yoona could have got Donghae out of her mind for a minute, memorise all her lines and get home to rest. Yoona didn't, she couldn't. Her thoughts, just like helium balloons. Yoona didn't gripped hard on their strings and she was losing all of them, letting them escape. 

Yoona leaned against the wall, sliding down to the ground. 

"Time to do this, Im Yoona," she told herself, "get him off your mind for this moment."

She clicked the player and the music played. Yoona picked her body up, making it float in the air gracefully, before skipping to the end of the room. 

"Argh," she slipped, crashing onto the ground. Yoona was way too tired and working way too much. She groaned in frustration, messing her hair. She looked at her bag, finding that book that never failed to catch her attention every time. Yoona reached for it, flipping it to pages. Yoona would read the poem thousand times and never get tired of it. Yoona just wanted more time with him.

"Donghae," she said to the blue notebook, "I missed you." She hugged it to her chest, looking up at the plain ceiling. 

~~~~~

Donghae looked at the ticket, "Is this real, noona?" He asked Hyoyeon for the third time. Hyoyeon sighed, "Yes, Donghae. It is the VIP seat and you can get to see Yoona for all you want," she came to the table with two cups of milo. Donghae smiled, "Thank you, noona. I love you," he said. Hyoyeon nodded, "I am going with you, not because I want to, Doctor insisted," she explained, "Go get prepared, we have a musical to go to."

Donghae nodded before running up the stairs excitedly. He ran to his closet quickly. Sugarbabe greeted him again, "Good afternoon, sir." Donghae smiled, "Good afternoon, Sugarbabe!" he spinned around the closet. Sugarbabe smiled, "I see that sir is very happy today," she giggled when Donghae smiled like an idiot, "Of course, Sugarbabe, I am. Hyoyeon got me tickets to the musical."

"Oh," she said. Donghae wasn't looking at the screen when she pursed her lips and parted it again. But she didn't say a word.

"What do you think I should wear?" Donghae asked. That was the only time he ever asked that. He would usually walk in, knwing what to wear. The screen floated to the other side of the room and Sugarbabe chose out a red tee and a denim jacket. Donghae smiled when Sugarbabe chose his favourite jeans. She also pucked a pair of Toms shoes. 

"You may proceed to the changing room, sir," she said before smiling. Donghae nodded, "Thanks."

"Good  afternoon, sir," James greeted, "It is certian rare to see you here during the afternoons."

Donghae smiled as he changed, "Well, noona bought me tickets to Yoona's musical. I can't wear a grey shirt and short pants, can I?" They both laughed. The machine hands combed Donghae's hair neatly. Donghae looked into the mirror in satisfaction. 

"Thanks a lot, James. I could have kissed you on the cheek if you were here! Haha! Bye," Donghae said before walking off. He ran downstairs and saw Hyoyeon already waiting at the door, "You are slow for the first time. Donghae/. Come on," Hyoyeon swung her keys around her finger before walking out of the house.

"Can I see the tickets, noona?" Donghae asked as Hyoyeon started the car. She nodded and pointed at the purse. Donghae grinned when he saw the tickets. 

"But noona, it says 7:30 Pm, it's only 5," he scratched his hair, "Why are we going so early?"

Hyoyeon smiled at him, "Because you are going to the red carpet-"

"What?" Donghae cut off her sentence. 

"They know that you are coming and wanted you to appear on red carpet."

Donghae sat back in his seat, "But.. I just wanna watch to the musical." To speak the truth, Donghae liked none of the fame. He had to look at the flashing cameras and the voices of the reporters made him uncomfortable. Donghae always felt nervous that he could even feel the metals in his veins. He never liked the entire "going on to television" situation. Donghae just wanted to be normal, as normal as he can be. 

"Donghae, take it as a way to get attention for our department," Hyoyeon sighed. 

"Attention?"

"I'll tell you more soon," Hyoyeon ended the conversation there. Donghae just nodded and put the tickets back into her bag.

~~~~~

"Yoona," Joongki called her as her makeup artist were doing up the final touch ups. Yoona smiled, "Is it time to go?" Joongki nodded. 

"I will be back," Yoona told the makeup artist. She left the backstage room and followed Joongki out. They walked out of the buliding and she went into the car that awaited her. 

"Okay, car 13, please drive out to the red carpet and be behind of car 12." Yoona heard when she entered. Joongki smiled to her, "See you later," he said before shutting the door. Yoona smiled as the car moved. When their car approached the red carpet, Yoona could hear the cheers. She could see the flashes of cameras. When the car door opened, the announcer spoke, "and coming out of the car is Miss Yoona!"

The cheers were louder and Yoona smiled more.

"For her third time, she is once again the main female lead of the musical," Yoona walked onto the red carpet. She waved when she saw her fans. She stopped to allow the reporters and professional photographers to get a photo of her. She smiled sweetly to them. Well, the cheers for the actress didn't last as much as she thought it would.

"Another car is driving up and there is our VIP guest who has been popular recently. Let's welcome KASEL's icon, Robot Boy and his helper, Kim Hyoyeon!" Yoona turned in surprise. Her jaws nearly fell open but she quickly shut it. Yoona pursed her lips and walked away to where the hosts of the red carpet were. "Hello, Miss Yoona. We see that you are already in your costume."

Yoona remained calm and smiled, "Well, indeed. I am really excited when I saw the amount of the people there is here," the crowd cheered back. Donghae saw Yoona and smiled, "Oh my god, noona. Yoona is just there."

"Oh, you can see her all you want later. Come on, look at the cameras and smile!"

Donghae smiled at the cameras but his mind was somewhere else, listening to Yoona over the speakers. 

"What do you think the audience should be expecting tonight?" Yoona smiled back to the host. "Well," she paused, "This time, it is going to be more funnier and there is going to be a great surprise at the end of the show. So all of you, please enjoy the show tonight!"

"Well, thank you, Miss Yoona for the few words," the host said and Yoona walked away with a smile. Before she walked into the entrance, she turned to look at Donghae. He was handsome as always. Why did he had to appear when she doesn't know? Donghae was surely going to affect Yoona's performance. Yoona could feel her heart beating hard against her chest. Yoona breathed out loudly before entering the musical hall. She followed the usher and returned back to her assigned room. 

Yoona sat down in her seat as she waited for the show to start. She was not really bothered by who came to see the cast or what-so-ever happening in her background. Donghae was going to be in the audience and he even appeared on the red carpet. He used to be the boy who hid in the shadows. Yoona felt so distant from him, it felt like she didn't know him anymore. 

"Yoona," Joongki tapped her shoulder, "Are you okay? I called you three times and you didn't even move." Yoona turned, "Oh, I.. I was thinking of something."

"Your high school friends came to visit," Joongki said with a smile. Jessica and Tiffany smiled and beside them was Taecyeon, Kyuhyun and Siwon. Yoona stood up with a smile, "Hey, guys!"

No one returned a smile, they knew what happened. Donghae was the boy who sat in his shadows during their final year in high school and he even passed away. No one had forgotten and the fact that he was a robot, and terribly in the talk of the news, it was not a smiling matter. Yoona smiled, "I know, I know."

"We saw him on the red carpet," Tiffany said, "Are you okay?" Jessica moved closer to Yoona and held her hand. Yoona looked at them and nodded, "I am okay, guys. No worries."

"It isn't going to be," Taecyeon said, "the scandal will drag on and it would do nothing good for the both of you." Kyuhyun punched Taecyeon in the shoulder, "Really, Taecyeon? Did you really need to say that?"

"No," Yoona said, "He is right and I know that. But idols always have to handle scandals so... yeah," she smiled forcefully. Tiffany whispered over to Siwon something, before he pulled Kyuhyun and Taecyeon along with him to grab some dinner. The three best friends sat down on seats that surround a small squared-table. 

"You just go out there later and do your best, okay?"

"Don't think about him too much, it won't do any good."

Yoona was very thankful that she always had Tiffany and Jessica by her side, they helped her so much through that period of time when Donghae's died, when his body was gone and the time when she was always crying. Yoona never knew what would happen she never had them to support her all the while. Yoona nodded with a smile, "I know what to do, girls. And thanks."

"We have been sisters for so long, you can always count on us," Tiffany said. The other two lied on each of her shoulder with smiles on their faces. Yoona giggled, "But still, thanks a lot for everything."

"Then you better do well on stage later!" Jessica said and they all laughed together.

~~~~~

Donghae pouted and sat by the table awkwardly. Hyoyeon went to get their meals that she had ordered before hand. 

"I already ate dinner, why do I have to follow you?" a voice came by but Donghae didn't even move. Siwon sighed at Taecyeon, "Can you shut up and stop being a woman? You have a lot of questions."

"I could spend my time comforting Yoona, okay? Until you decided to drag me out of that room. I lose every chance," Taecyeon said. Kyuhyun laughed harder, "He is as stubborn as bull, he never gives up."

That was when Donghae turned to see three men walking down the corridor. 

"Oh," Kyuhyun spotted Donghae, pointing at him. The other two looked and Donghae jumped in his seat before looking away. "It's Donghae." Siwon's eyes widened. Even though they saw him on all of the news and television, it was still a shock to their once-dead friend being alive. 

"How.. How did you know my name?" Donghae asked when they didn't show any form of threat. The three looked at each other before walking closer. Donghae swallowed hard as they surrounded him, "You don't know who we are?"

"I think he doesn't.."

"But, there should be just a bit of memory in his brain-"

"Excuse me," a female voice roared and all of them looked back. Hyoyeon came back with food in her hands. They made way for her to put them on the table and she put them harshly down before glaring at each of them, "What were you all doing?"

"Noona, they-"

"Hey, I got this. I am not going to let some bunch of guys bully you," Hyoyeon said before looking back up at the three, "Yah, what were all of you doing to him?"

"We didn't do anything yet!" Taecyeon said. Hyoyeon glared at him, "So you guys did want to do something to him, didn't you? You bunch of scumbags-"

"Sorry, miss, but I think that this is a misunderstanding," Siwon said, "We are sorry to disturb this kind young man and please enjoy your meal. Okay, guys, let's go," once again, Siwon dragged the other two away. "What is her problem?" Kyuhyun whispered before turning away. 

Donghae looked down awkwardly, still thinking of how they knew his name. Hyoyeon looked at him weirdly, "Yah, are you okay?"

"Oh, I am fine." Donghae nodded. 

 

Donghae sat in his seat excitedly beside Hyoyeon. She had rolled her eyes. Did she came to watch this with a mature man or a five year-old fanboy? He had been telling her how excited he was and kept asking how much time there was left every three minutes. "There is a lot of people, Noona," Donghae turned. Somehow, he found the same stares he met earlier before dinner. 

"Donghae's there," Taecyeon told Jessica and Tiffany. the two girls looked at him and Donghae bounced away from there glaze. Who were they? How did they know me? Donghae asked himself. His palms started to sweat and Hyoyeon noticed the way he was rubbing them against his pants. Instantly, she reached for them. "Why are you sweating so much, boy?"

"No-Nothing. Just nervous to see Yoona," he smiled nervously. Hyoyeon smiled, "Calm yourself down, you have the whole night to see her." Donghae nodded. When she was occupied with herself, Donghae turned back and realised that they were approaching closer and closer. He swallowed hard again before looking at the front. They were a roll behind his. He also realised the few seats that were empty behind him. . Donghae cursed when the voices came closer, "You mean there?"

"My god, we are this close," one of them said. Tiffany and Jessica looked at each other before looking at Donghae. 

"Can you boys shut up? You all are speaking so loud," Tiffany commented. Jessica didn't say a thing and remain silent. 

The musical started a few minutes later. Yoona's figure was recongisable as she danced gracefully. Donghae was fascinated by the way Yoona acts like the character was herself. The way she moves, her facial expression and her speech just keep him all excited for the show.

"But father, that isn't fair!" she screamed. Donghae smiled at the way the scene was so real. Everyone clapped after that scene ended. His excitement couldn't be unseen by Jessica. Maybe that was the only thing that didn't change for him, he was probably still the same on the inside. Just more open and he couldn't remember what he had or who he was before. Jessica smiled to herself before enjoying the show.

The audiences never seemed tired clapping because it was a great show, especially during curtain call. 

"Yoona! Yoona!" everyone could hear her fans cheering Yoona's name and carrying their fan boards. Yoona smiled and waved to them. Donghae looked at her, hoping that she would see him. He just smiled as she waved at everyone. Yoona laughed as the cheers didn't end. Her eyes were finding her friends and she smiled when she saw them. Tiffany smiled and she hooked arms with Siwon. Taecyeon waved excitedly at Yoona. Jessica wasn't looking at her. Yoona gasped when she met the other pair of eyes. 

Donghae smiled at Yoona and waved. Yoona looked at him in shock but slowly, she smiled and waved at him. Yoona took his gaze for a long time before looking away. She didn't want to lock their gaze for too long, or she might go down the stage, crying. 

"Hoo!" Yoona heard when she entered the dressing room that she shared with other two actresses, Sojin and Yura. "Yoona unni, you did really well! I really envy you!" Yura came running to Yoona with a smile. Sojin went over to them, "And you are not missing the after party. Let's get changed quickly and get on with that!" The two younger girls pulled Yoona along so that they can get dressed casual and get their heavy make up removed. 

"Unni! Director Kim and producer Park wants to see you in a bit before we head for a party," Yura said, popping her head into the waiting room. Yoona nodded and walked into room where she was told to go into. They offered her a seat and a cup of coffee. 

"Producer Park is involved in the production of a new drama and he thinks that you can act in it," the director passed her a file and it was titled, "Chasing the stars". Yoona's eyes glowed, "Is this the one Yuri is in? Yuri from the same entertainment as me?" The two nodded. Yoona squrimed in excitement but she controlled herself a bit and looked up in embarrassement, "Sorry.. I would like to join but I have to discuss this with my manager and the company... So..." she put the file on the desk carefully and smiled. The two males nodded, "Okay, we understand. Please come back to us quickly."

"Thank you," she said before exiting the room. Baekhyun stood outside the room and looked at her. He was another rookie actor from another company. "Why are you so excited, noona?" Baekhyun leaned on the wall with crossed arms. Yoona smiled, "They said that I was good and offered me a role for a new drama."

"Is it called Chasing the stars by any chance?" he asked. Yoona stitched her brows, "Yeah, and how did you know, young man?" Baekhyun raised a brow, "You don't know? The cast was discussing about a rumor that you are joining that drama. Chasing the stars crew are waiting for one more role so that they can start of. You are really that outdated, noona." Baekhyun commented. Yoona pouted before speaking, "Did you just said that I am outdated?"

"Oh no," Baekhyun ran down the corridor with Yoona chasing him. That was when Yoona started to enjoy her success.

~~~~~

Victoria sat beside Donghae on the bus. It was their first date, well not like the couple kind of date but the friends kind of date. 

"Donghae, what do you want to do today?" Victoria asked. 

"Movie? Shopping?" he suggested. Victoria frowned, "That's a bore. Come on, we can do something more exciting." Donghae pouted in thought. Victoria smiled, "How about we catch a movie then go for bowling? Then we can also go pooling too!" She suggested. Donghae nodded, "Sure. Victoria is good at giving so much suggestions," he smiled. 

"So how is the course now? Plans?" she asked in curiosity. Donghae smiled, "We had a few meetings and we are going to have more fresh things- Yah, why are you asking me this? Are you the paparazzi?" he asked jokingly. Victoria smiled, "Ani, just wanted to know what this robot is doing all day in that building." 

They got off the bus and went to the cinemas. "Action or thriller? Or horror, perhaps?" Victoria asked Donghae. He looked at her weirdly, "I thought girls like romance and stuff... Are you a girl?" Victoria hit him on the arm lightly, "Of course I am! Romance will be too awkward!... Won't it?"

"No, it won't." Donghae said. Victoria then started sighing and ranting on how she wanted to suit his flavour of genre of movies. Donghae agreed that she was a nice girl but she has to stop ranting on everything sometimes.

"Victoria," he said and she paused. "Let's watch City of Bones, okay? It has a mixture of the genres, okay?-"

"Are you angry?" Victoria asked.

"Victoria," Donghae said in a softer tone, "I am not. I don't want you to get all worried that I won't enjoy a show and we might miss one with we don't get the tickets now, let's go," he said with a smile. He offered her his arm so that she could cling on it. Victoria smiled and accpeted it. They went into the cinema arm in arm. 

"Gotcha," a voice whispered at the entrance of the cinema. She put down her camera and switched it off. the lady combed her hair to the back of her ears. She took a walk down the escalator. After she ordered a coffee at Starbucks, she had a seat and smiled to herself.

"Who is Victoria?" she spoke to herself as she typed the title of her report. She pulled out the USB wiring for her camera and connected it to her laptop and her camera. A smirk was painted on her face when she was happy with her results. She tranferred the photos into her folders. She typed a perfect report.

"The real question is not who she is, it is is she his girlfriend?" she typed. "Perfect," she said to herself, "They don't call me Luna the Paparazzi for nothing."

********************

I know that this chapter is short but I promise longer ones soon.

So by the waaaaaaaaay, if you haven't seen the poll results, Sunny got the highest votes for Sugarbabe and Sehun for James. And it's final for both (so sorry if you haven't vote for the others but the other options will be used in the story so no worries and damn I am so draggy in this bracket thingy). 

Just one thing if anyone is a F(x) fan or Luna fan, you all are gonna hate me for making Luna a paparazzi. (SPOLIER ALERT)

Last thing, thanks to all of you who have subscribed. I mean 48 subscribers, it means a lot to me and I didn't know that I would get this much. And thank you very very very much. Love you guys!

So.. yeah~

Subscribe. Comment. Upvote!