Robot Boy

Project R

"So Robot Boy, according to the Doctor, you have been created three years ago. How have it been for you?" The host asked after he took a seat beside Donghae. Yoona sat nervously beside the host, further away from her lover. Joongki had noticed the nervousness in Yoona. He was sure that something was wrong. Jessica and Tiffany prayed that Yoona doesn't break down in front of everyone.

"I was created three years but I ran on machines for half a year because my body has changed. Mine has wires and metals in it. Sometimes when I am at the KASEL building, the wires glow so.. The Doctor didn't want me to be scaring the people of Seoul. He kept me at home and in the Labs. So yeah," Donghae held the microphone awkwardly. 

"I see that your wrists have black lines on them, tell us more." Donghae nearly missed the question when he was admiring the little young science admirers taking notes and photos of him. 

"Oh. Well, the Doctor and his team said that they were injuries that I had when they examined my body. He said that they were deep and it would take forever to  recover by itself. They treated them with stem cells," Donghae said with a smile, "And they recovered within three days. The team has also found a new cure for injuries. I also have a black line on my belly. After that three days, the report said that my organs were no longer infected and have all recovered. From a 3% of possibility of waking up to a 50%."

Yoona felt a sting in her nose. She was not sad anymore. She was happy, for the fact that the people who taken his body away save him and made him live again. 

"How do you live daily? Like bathing and just doing things on a daily basis, how do you think it is different from humans?"

Donghae thought for a while being answering, "Bathing isn't much of a problem. I can soak in water a long while. I just have to wear a water proof eye patch because my left eyes is made of metal."

"Why is made of metal?"

"Doctor's assistant told me that someone injected the wrong fluids into my eyes and in the end they had to replace it." 

Donghae knew that the interview had just started but he was getting bored already. All he enjoyed was the sweet smiles of young people in the audiences. He wished that he could answer their questions instead those from the hosts.

"Now, it is the Q&A session now," when the host announced, many raised their hands. Donghae smiled when he spotted the excitement in all of them. Before the first person from the audience, a voice came over the speaker, "I have one question." Donghae turned to find the voice and found Yoona holding the micrphone, looking at him. Donghae nodded. He was wondering what she would ask and he was willing to answer it.

"If they have picked up your body from somewhere, you must have a life before that. Do.. You have any memory of anything of your past?"

Donghae thought for a while, "Well.. Oh, yeah. Doctor only told me that my memories would affect me when I come back as a robot but without him doing anything, the changes that they put on me had already affected my brain. And I don't remember a single thing," he smiled. Yoona pursed her lips before returning the microphone to the host who continued the Q&A session for the audiences. Donghae answered the questions happily, while Yoona sat on her seat, looking mood-less. Her mind was constantly reminding her Donghae is alive, he is alive, Donghae is alive and Donghae has forgotten of us, he doesn't remember me or anything Her eyes met Jessica's.

"Are you okay," Yoona finally understood what Jessica was lipping of. Tiffany's eyes reflected concern as well. She gave her two friends and nodded. 

 

"Thank you, everyone," the host said as they stood up on stage. He made Yoona stand beside her old lover. Yoona shut her eyes tightly while breathing in, before she remained calm. Donghae gasped and followed it was a metal piece falling to the ground. "Oh no," he said. The metal plate on his left shoulder fell and the screws couldn't be found. Everyone in the audience gasped. Hyoyeon ran up stage to help the robotic kid who paniked. 

"It is okay," she said to Donghae and picked up three of the screws. There was one more but there were plenty of screws back in the building, Hyoyeon could get one for him. "One more, one more, one more," he said anxiously. Yoona felt that she was stepping on something, she looked down and lifted her shoe up. She bent down and picked the golden screw up. She felt hestitant to approach Donghae, she was afraid that she would break down. 

"Ro-robot bo-boy," she stuttered on her words but Donghae turned and met her crystal eyes. He smiled but it was gone. The robot was not made for nothing, Donghae could sense emotions of another human and he could see that Yoona was sad and afraid. He took the screw from her and passed to Hyoyeon who fixed his shoulder back. Everyone in the audience watched the way Donghae looked at Yoona.

Yoona looked away, wanting to move away. Donghae was not going to let it go, "Miss Yoona," he said. Yoona stopped. She didn't know if she should turn or not. She let out a sigh before turning back to him. 

"Ca-ca-can Robot Boy give you a hug?" He asked in third person. Yoona's sadness was washed away by his happiness and she smiled like him. Yoona nodded before walking closer to him. Donghae wrapped his arms around her waist and she wrapped hers up to his shoulders. Being able to hug him again put a sting in her nose. She shut her eyes before the tears fell. Donghae heard her sniffing.

"I can feel that you are feeling down, Miss Yoona," he broke the hug and looked at her, "Everything will be fine, trust me." He then gave the actress an assuring smile. Yoona pursed her lips and nodded before wipping the tear that fell. They both looked to the front before the curtains closed, ending the event that night. Donghae followed Hyoyeon and that was Yoona lost sight of him when Joongki went up to her. Jessica and Tiffany managed to cut in before the young manager could speak to her. 

"Are you okay?"

"My god, Yoona. You nearly scared me to death."

Yoona did not answer the questions. She stared out in the blank, wondering why there were black spots appearing in her vision. Slowly, the black spots covered her entire vision, putting her into unconsciousness. 

 

Yoona woke up on her bed. Joongki was sleeping on a couch in the room. Jessica and Tiffany were sitting on each side of the bed. They must have fallen asleep while waiting for her to wake up. She smiled when she saw Jessica moving in her sleep. 

"Yoona? Are you awake?" Joongki rubbed his eyes as he spoke. Yoona giggled when he stood up and stretched after he had awaken. That awaken the other two sleeping beauties. Tiffany yawned. Yoona realised that her stomach was growling for food and she put her hand on it to confirm that. Everyone looked at her and she looked up with an awkward smile.

They took the hungry girl down to the kitchen. Joongki was always their mother, forever cooking for them when they were too lazy to do it. Jessica and Tiffany sat at the dining table with Yoona. 

"So what are you going to do?" Jessica blurted out. Tiffany glared at her, "Jessica, you didn't need to ask."

Yoona pursed her lips before speaking, "Well, I don't really know.." She lied back down in her seat, as if she wanted to escape from them. Whenever the asking of questions starts, it goes on for an hour. Yoona didn't need to go through all of them in the middle of the night. And maybe she didn't want to think too much of Donghae. She loved him but some part of her was still not able to accept that he is back to live, a robot. 

Tiffany pursed her lips tightly before looking at Jessica again, "Yoona's tired now, stop asking her questions." Yoona smiled at Tiffany and lipped words of thank you to her. Tiffany just nodded and turned back to the man who just served them food. Joongki removed the girly apron which he was made to wear before he went on to do the cooking. Yoona smiled as the flavours filled the air. 

"Pasta," she whispered before digging in, into her warm midnight.

~~~~~

Donghae sat by his table with nothing to do. He rather have something to do than be given a long two week break. It was only two days, how was he going to survive the rest? Additional to that, he had been worrying for that actress, Miss Yoona. Something about her eyes captured him and he couldn't forget them. 

"I am back, Donghae," he heard the voice from downstairs.

Hyoyeon tossed the magazine at him when he got off the stairs. Donghae caught it and gave her an unhappy look. Hyoyeon just laughed, "Well, Donghae, I bought you that edition, you should be thankful to me instead." Donghae couldn't help but agree, instead, he was too busy checking out the magazine. He smiled to the model on the cover.

"I want to go to the musical, noona," Donghae sat down. Hyoyeon looked at him, "What do you want?"

"Musical," he moved closer to the pillar, "Pretty please." Hyoyeon sighed and did not answer him back as she removed her shoes and put her bag down. Donghae pouted and walked closer. Hyoyeon crossed her arms, "Why should I?"

"I-I-I-I.." Donghae looked down before looking back up, "I will do the dishes!"

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, "Donghae, I am not so cheap. And so are the tickets."

Donghae sighed, "Fine, i will do it for two weeks." Hyoyeon shook her head. 

"Three."

"Come on, Donghae. I can do the dishes myself," she said, "I need you to be in charge of the three month course that the KASEL is preparing for." Donghae sithced his brows, "What? But noona-"

"I am involved in all the meetings at the that period of time and I need someone to be in charge of other department. And that person should be you."

"But noona, I am just a robot."

Hyoyeon stood up and walked to the stairs, "Don't look down at yourself, Hae. And it's for the musical ticket."

Donghae wanted to protest on but quickly kept it to himself. He didn't want to lose the ticket which he couldn't have gotten so easily. 

~~~~~

"Oh my god," Victoria said, stopping at her tracks, "You mean it, Yoona? It's free?"

Yoona smiled after swallowing her mouthful of beverage, "Yes. Well, Joongki couldn't come with me so he said that I could give it out to someone else trustable." Victoria's eyes glowed, "Oh my god," she hugged Yoona happily, "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Yoona!" Victoria squrimed in excitement. Yoona giggled as they broke the hug, "Let's get on and carry on shopping, shall we?" It was Victoria's luck to join the course.

It was Yoona's final week off before the musical promotions start again. They were at Myeongdong and were going to meet the other girls. Tiffany and Jessica were still on their way so Victoria and Yoona had time of their own. 

"Wait," Victoria said as she picked up the newspaper at a convenient store which they were about to walk pass. Victoria grinned, "It's Robot boy!" She jumped in excitement before running into the store to pay for it. Yoona gave a small smile before watching her go in. Her eyes naturally fell on the screen outside the store. It always played the screen.

She slurped on her drink and watched. At that moment, it was showing the entertainment news. As an idol, it was nice to catch up with the news or gossips broadcasted to the country. She stopped drinking when she saw a photo of herself and Donghae on stage, hugging. 

"So recently, the annual science fair has got a lot of attention." The reporter said, "And our reporter, Luna-ssi, is going to tell us more." The camera turned to the other lady at the other side of the set. Behind of her was a large screen. It had a slideshow of the photos of the ASF. Luna smiled to the camera and nodded, "Nae, last week, the annual science fair was held at Seoul's first University for Engineering. They had guests and one of them was our wonderful musical actress, Im Yoona.." and it went on. Yoona covered her face and Victoria had to come out at that timing.

"Yoong, why are you.. Oh my god," Victoria saw the screen and her eyes widened. 

"What's going on about there, Luna-ssi?"

"Well there was an audio recording posted online and let's hear it up," Luna answered and the audio sounded.

"I can feel that you are feeling down, Miss Yoona," 

They both gasped.

"Everything will be fine, trust me."

Victoria walked closer to the screen, not believing the news. Yoona pursed her lips in embarassment. Joongki will be surely unhappy with that piece of news going around. Victoria turned back at Yoona, "Yo-yo-you hugged him?" Yoona hestiated before nodding. 

"Not fair!"

Yoona was surprised with her friend's reaction. Thinking that Victoria would be angry at her, she was actually angry at herself. Victoria ranted about how she could have gotten a hug from Donghae easily for about four minutes before questioning Yoona's feelings of hugging him. Yoona smiled awkwardly, feeling relieved. 

"Yoona!" A voice came by and it was familiar. The two girls were running towards them anxiously. Tiffany pulled Yoona as soon as she got to her. Jessica caught up and distracted Victoria. There were things outsiders like Victoria shouldn't know. The past of Yoona and her long lost lover, Lee Donghae. And they were sure that it was him. "We saw the news," as far as Yoona have been in the show business, the two knew a lot about it too.

"What are you going to do now?" Tiffany questioned as she walked up and down anxiously. Tiffany was afraid for Yoona that she would be trashed or harrassed by reporters and paparazzis. Yoona sighed, "What can I do, Fany? It is already up there, broadcasted to Korea. I-I-I-I-"

"But you do need a explaination."

"What explaination do I give?" Yoona asked back. Tiffany looked at her before sitting beside Yoona. "I know it is hard," Tiffany said, "For you to accept that he is back, to live. I know that you saw him and he even died in your arms. But Yoona, they will know it sooner or later. You just have to-"

"No!" Yoona said, "Remember what he said? It will affect him if he regained his memories through me, who is just trying to covering up on the entertainment news. I can't be selfish, not to him." She turned away. Yoona just wanted to pretend that she didn't know. Yoona sighed, what had she gotten into again? 

"Can we not talk about it?" Yoona suggested. She didn't want her mood to go any lower. Victoria looked at them weirdly before letting the clothes distract her. She pulled Yoona along, "Waa," she said, "They are so pretty!"

Jessica sighed with Tiffany doing to same. The three of them knew that it was going to going to be a hell of a ride.

~~~~~

Donghae stood by the window and looked down at the crowd below. It was crazy, there were reporters and many, many of fans. Donghae didn't know how he had fans but Hyoyeon told him that he had fanbases. It feared him to leave the house sometimes.

"Oh, Victoria-ssi," he spotted Victoria in the crowd. She was holding a container high in the air. It was a flask to be exact. Doghae didn't thought of anything and ran out of the room. Hyoyeon gasped and couldn't chase him.

"Donghae, get back here!" she shouted but Donghae ignored her. He ran down the stairs. It took him less than a minute to get down from the twenty fourth storey. He walked pass the lift lobby and was invited by the loud and noisy cheers. He tried to spot Victoria again but it was hard. The security didn't let him over, they didn't want a dismantled robot back into their hands. 

"Victoria!" he said when he spotted her again. She turned to him with a smile. She tried to squeeze her way through and she did. Donghae laughed at the way she squeeze through with frustration and anger. She pushed whoever blocked her and smiled when she saw Donghae. He took her hand and pulled out of the crowd. She giggled.

"What brings you here?" He asked when they entered the lift. Victoria wiped the sweat on her forehead, "Well, I made you some food." That was when Donghae realised the paperbag she was handling. He took it with a smile. Victoria anticipated his reaction, "I made you a bento set and miso soup."

"Japanese food!" Donghae cheered like a child. The lift doors opened and they walked out. They entered the canteen which was quite empty, except for some cleaners and young students. "Hyoyeon unni allowed you to come down?" She asked as Donghae started to eat. He looked up, swallowed and said, "Yeah. Sort of but it doesn't matter. I am given a long break until the meetings for the course starts."

Victoria smiled wider. The fact that they have gone closer makes her better and happier. Victoria didn't know why she could get such a wonderful part of life and she was thankful about it. "I am joining the course," she announced. Donghae looked up again, with his mouth full. "Reealli?" he said. Victoria giggled again and nodded, "And you are so funny, Donghae. Let me wipe your mouth." She took a napkin and wiped his lips gently. "That's great!" he said. Donghae didn't know what to say, he was too happy. The robot couldn't express too much but he tries. Victoria smiled, "Are you free next Monday? We should hang out!" she suggested. 

"Sure," he nodded. Donghae loved to hang out with Victoria, she was the sweetest girl ever. "Of course, I would," he ruffled her hair and Victoria enjoyed another random day in the KASEL building with Donghae.

~~~~~

Joongki tossed the magazine on to the table, directly in front of Yoona. He turned to look back at her angrily. Yoona's eyes started to tear up. Not because of Joongki's anger, it was just the memories that no one else knew that she had with Donghae. Even Donghae doesn't know. 

"Explain to me, Yoona," he said. Yoona didn't understand why he had to be so angry. She pursed her lips tightly before releasing to speak, "I-I-I-I-"

"I have told you many times, Yoona. Scandals are unnecessary for a rookie idol and you are a rookie actress, young lady!"

"Oppa, I-"

"Yoona," he cut her off again, "The company doesn't want to lose another actress. You saw that happened to Gyuna, right?"

Yoona nodded, not smiling. There were things Joongki wouldn't and can't understand. Her fingers curled into her palms. "Yoona. I know that it isn't easy for you but you have to be careful. Gyuna was reckless and she lost her all," Joongki explained. The tears in Yoona's eyes dissappeared. She didn't want to cry, she had cried enough for Donghae.

"You can't go out too much with the girls these few days, you understand me?" Joongki said, "I mean it, Yoona." Yoona smiled, "I yunderstand." He patted her head before taking her out of the room. They were in the company building. there were loads of paparazzis and reporters outside. Joongki stopped at the exit and turned back to Yoona. She was already in her shades. The securities were ready. "Yoona, get to the car right away, okay?"

She nodded. The flashes invaded Yoona's vision once the doors opened. The voices of the reporters bombarded the area, making Yoona feel uneasy. Joongki wrapped his arm around Yoona's shoulder and pushed her towards the car, which were surrounded by the securities. Yoona bit her lower lips before entering the car. It hasn't been a minute and she was already sweating.

Gyuna was a young lady when she debuted. She was in the company five years ago and was at the peak of her career. Gyuna was amazing, dazzling and wonderful. She was a singer, actress and professional model. Well, she was.

She had a scandal with another male co-star. Gyuna knew that they shouldn't have done those things but she was in love. No one knew that the cheap hotel would put a camera in their hotel to film the entire thing. It went viral, on sites and internet cafes. Gyuna's image of a sweet and innocent was gone. The ual was all over the net. Many dramas requested that she redrew from her role and she had nothing to advertise. 

Like that Gyuna was gone. 

"Yoona, are you okay?" Joongki asked when he entered thr front seat. The driver drove off carefully, not wanting to bump into any reporters. Yoona let out a sigh after the car joined the traffics. The pressure was gone and Yoona could rest without feeling tensed. Joongki looked back at her, "It will take a few days, Yoona. Or at most, two weeks."

Yoona pursed her lips and didn't say a thing.

Robot boy, oh robot boy. 

Will you ever know who you are?

You were the little boy in my class that kept a secret

Of love that never spoke.

Your heart is steel but it was gold. 

I know that it's hard but you should know

That you were my prince charming, forever more.

**************************************************************

It might be annoying but I need just one more poll

Subscribe, comment and upvote!