Thought of moving on

Project R

"Yoona," Jessica called her, "You have another admirer." Another bouquet of roses came that day. Yoona have been receiving many since she joined the musical. Yoona realised that she was more of a musical like person.

Tiffany envied her the most, "I better make sure that Siwon gets me more than that," she said. Yoona smiled, "Well, I am sure that Siwon would get you a diamond ring someday. And he will pop the question."

"And we get to be bride maids!" Jessica and Yoona cheered in excitement. Tiffany rolled her eyes, "We have been together for two years only, it would be too quick."

"Says the girl who wants him to put the ring on it," Jessica said before running upstairs. Yoona giggled and earned herself a slap on the shoulder. They heard a doorbell and Tiffany smiled, "It must be Siwon! Bye, Yoona! Bye, Jess!" Tiffany ran to the door happily and left with her prince charming. On how they got together as a couple was a long story. It has been three years since they graduated, and Siwon got dumped by his girlfriend someday. Tiffany did not really elaborated on why he went to her but when he was drunk and all, he confessed. Tiffany was so happy and that summed up her start with Siwon.

"Jessica, what time is your cousin coming?"

"Well, actually, I don't bother much about her." Jessica said plainly, "That kid do whatever she wants." Yoona gave out a sigh, "Jessica, she only comes around Korea once in two years. Appreciate that she still drops by," Yoona lied down on the bed, "At least you have something to care of."

"Come on, Yoona. I don't need her to be around, because having you around is already enough." Jessica lied beside her best friend, "We could be single ladies forever, together." Yoona laughed, "No? You have a lot of men waiting to woo you. They might think that you are a lesbian if they see you always with me." Jessica smiled to the ceiling, "Well, then Korea's got to accept that their best musical actress is a homoual with me," they both laughed. Yoona never remembered herself so happy. 

Ever since she heard news of Donghae's body being taken away, it took her quite an amount of time to be happy again. Yoona used to always have Donghae in her mind. How he smiled secretly, the coffees and cookies her gave in mornings and little notes he gave her. She still kept that blue notebook in her drawer. Every time she read it, she cried. Jessica and Tiffany tried to helped and Yoona decided to leave those behind and stop being a burden to them. Yoona still missed Donghae, after three years. But he was all in the past for her. Was he?

Yoona was not very sure but at least she had a handful of distractions in place for her. 

"Oh, look who's calling now," Jessica said sarcasticly, "Finally, someone remembers her own baby-sitter cousin, huh?" Jessica went on to pick up the call from Dasom. Yoona jumped a couple of times when Jessica shouted.

"What? You are at- what?! You-you-you- Aish! Fine, fine, fine, where are you now? Why are you there and how did you get there?! You know what? Congrats, you owe your cousin another bill of drinks! Bye!" Jessica hung up and she felt so much to throw her phone out of the window. Yoona calmed her down and followed Jessica to a bar to pick up Dasom. 

Jessica shaked her head when Dasom sat in the back seat. Yoona remained silent as Jessica drove away angrily. Dasom looked out of the window, not looking remorseful of letting her cousin paying the bills every time she came. The silence was broken when Jessica spoke, "You are really proud of letting me be your atm, aren't you, brat?" Yoona gave Jessica a look before sighing. Jessica continued, "You better wake up and think about your actions-"

"Unni, enough. If you continue to lecture me, I will just tell my parents and they will complain to yours. As easy as that," Dasom chewed on gum and playing with her hair. Even Yoona shaked her head. "What's with the shaking head, woman?"

"Yah! Shut up, Kim Dasom! It's a blessing that you only come every two years," Jessica stopped the car as the traffic light turned red. Dasom laughed, "Well, then it's bad news. I am staying for good. My parents said that I stay with you until they get me a house in Busan," she played with her nails, "They said that you wouldn't mind, would you?" Jessica breathed out heavily before driving again as the traffic lights turned green.

Yoona frowned but did not say a thing. She just looked out of the window. Some part of her was refreshing her memory of her schedule for tomorrow, two interviews until 1300, photoshooting for the musical in Daegu, Incheon and Gwangju at 1400, radio interview at 1530, styling of hair and make up at 1645, press conference for Annual Science Fair (ASF) at 1800, special guest at ASF at 1900 and ends at 2200.

Another part of her remembered the times she had in high school. She didn't remembered much of university, Donghae was not there. When she saw long pavement that she always walked to school by, it reminded of how Donghae took her home after prom night. That was how the memories roll on like a movie that she could watch forever. Yoona felt like she was waiting for something to come. News of Donghae's body? Or of who have taken him away? She was not sure, she never was. 

Deep in her heart, her heart still aches, even though she acts all numb whenever the girls bring up of high school memories. She pretended like she doesn't remember the sight of Donghae in the tub full of diluted blood. She pretended that she doesn't remember the way he said 'I love you' for the first time and the way the clock ticked. She hasn't forgotten anything, the self harm marks and the bloody sink with a pen knife in it. 

"Okay, I got it, Song Joongki, I won't tire my Yoona. I got it, no worries. I will be her grannie, read her a story and make sure she sleeps early tonight. You are a really naggy manager, aren't you? Okay, wait, hold on," Yoona turned and saw Jessica handing the phone to her, "It's your mother, Song Joongki." Yoona laughed before putting the phone to her ear, "Hey, oppa."

"Remember to rest well tonight, okay? You will have a long day tomorrow, don't have too much fun and look like you're dead tomorrow, understand?"

Yoona nodded, "Understood, captain! I will, oppa. You don't have to worry, The girls will tie me up and make I sleep early tonight. Hmm, nae," Yoona smiled, "Bye, oppa. See you tomorrow!" She hung up as he said goodbye. She put Jessica's phone back into her bag. Yoona asked, "Where is lunch today, Jess?" Jessica smiled, "You are still such a hungry kid. You better watch what you eat, Yoong. I don't want to be blamed for feeding Korea's superstar actress too much." Yoona laughed. Dasom stitched her brows, "Korea's superstar actress?"

Jessica rolled her eyes and didn't bother to answer. The car remained silent all the way until Jessica got them a place to eat.

~~~~~

Hyoyeon combed her hair and laughed when she heard the bangings on the door, "Noona! Quick, quick, quick!" She took the comb with her and opened the door, "Okay, I got it, running bladder." 

"Oh, finally," he shut the door. Hyoyeon laughed even harder when he started singing, "Oh, set it free!" 

"Donghae, the world doesn't need to know that you are emptying your bladder."

"Noona, I am really curious," he got out after washing his hands, "Is my bladder real or made of metal? Because if it was of metal, you all could have made me a bigger one." Hyoyeon shook her head before combing her hair again. "You better get changed, boy. The doctor will be here to pick us up at 10:30." Donghae nodded before heading to his room. He yawned as the closet doors drew open automatically. His room was nothing like any other. It was clean and white. The glass door covered the different shelves. It felt so futuristic that you feel like a cowboy in that room. The screen on the plain wall appeared and a mouth appeared, "Welcome, Mr Lee Donghae. What would you like to wear today?" Donghae smiled but shook his head, "I will look for what I want, Sugar Babe."

"It is just weird that we are created and you don't really use us, sir," the screen followed Donghae as he looked through his shirts. Donghae smiled again, "I can't help it. I mean, we are both advanced technology. We could do many things ourselves." He slided doors to get the clothes which Sugar Babe pushed out for him. Donghae smiled, "Thanks." He hung it by a side before heading to the shoes compartment. 

"Heading off to the lab again, sir?" Sugar Babe asked. Donghae shook his head, "We are heading to the Annual Science Fair to check out some stuffs and how things go on for tomorrow night," he scooped up his favourite pair of boots. He stepped onto the circle that was beside the table which brought him to his changing room. As soon as he stepped down to the marbled floor, the circle returned from where it came from and disappeared. Donghae put his clothes on the glass table. He tapped on the right side of the table thrice and it separated. Before forming back to its original, a mirror emerged from the gaps. 

"Looking great today, sir," James' voice greeted as Donghae looked into the mirror. At that moment, his right eye went out. Donghae frowned, "Would you mind checking what is going on for me, James? We always have to fix this wire in my cheek," he sighed. Donghae put his hand out and a machinery gave him a mini screw driver. He unscrewed the screwed off his metal cheek. He sighed once more when he saw the red wire had fell out again. 

"Let me help you, sir," James' voice took over the speakers again and another machinery hand came from the ceiling. It became three slender fingers and helped Donghae like always. He smiled, "Thank you, James. What can I do without you?" He put everything back onto his face. 

"It is my job to serve you, sir," James replied. Donghae just smiled and continued on with his daily routines. 

Donghae waited by the door with Hyoyeon. For her, she was in her white lab coat. Donghae never had one, he was an experiment, not a scientist. He always wished to have one of those coats. He should have one, he always helped at the lab. Donghae couldn't or didn't have much say there, he was just a robot. 

The doctor's car arrived and Donghae went to it happily. Hyoyeon couldn't help but smile. They both hoped on. 

"Hey, doctor," Hyoyeon took the seat at the front and greeted politely. Donghae smiled in excitement, "Good morning, Dad." The doctor was Dr Lee Sungri and he has always acted like a father to Donghae. He was his creator, he was counted as his father. Plus, Sungri wanted a son too. 

"I see how excited my boy is, aren't you?" He asked before he started the car again. Donghae nodded and sat comfortably in his seat. He smiled as the sunshine of the morning's sun entered the car's windows. He put his hand under the sunlight that he tried to catch. To him, sunshine was like gold that everyone could have. It is just sad that Donghae couldn't be out in the sun for more than two hours. The metals in his chest that built back his lungs can't stand too much heat or else it would burn him from inside. 

Donghae gasped when his eyes met the buildings of the streets of Seoul. It just amazes him. Donghae wished that he could just walk out of the streets like he was any normal person. He wasn't, he was a human sized robot. 

He stared at the tallest building, the KASEL building, which they all work at. The doctor took a turn to the left and went down straight until he went pass the green building. Hyoyeon smiled to Donghae when the car came to a stop. "Do you wanna get some coffee, Donghae?"

He looked at her, "Really?" Donghae never gets a chance all the time. When Hyoyeon nodded, he looked at Sungri, "Really, dad? May I?" Sungri nodded with an assuring smile. Donghae got off happily and followed Hyoyeon quickly to the cafe. Before they entered, Hyoyeon pulled out a mask that only covered the right side of the face. She gave it to Donghae, "Use it when you need to, Hae. You know how much I hate when people stare at you." Hyoyeon tried to put on a smile before holding a serious face as she entered the cafe. Despite that, Donghae smiled happily with the mask on his face. He did not mind it at all.

Donghae would do anything to get outside of his room or the lab. He just wants to enjoy the airs and wonders of the city. 

"What do you want to have, boy?"

She asked after eyeing the person by the counter. Donghae was oblivious of the stares and smiled, looking at the menu. 

"Is he the one on the big screen of KASEL buliding?" The lady at the counter asked with a smile. Hyoyeon looked up before smiling slowly, "Why, yes, he is."

"I want some iced mocha, noona," he said and looked up to realise that a few of the staffs have gathered in front of him. He swallowed, his cheeks were blushing and he smiled nervously, "Thank you." Hyoyeon giggled a little before placing the orders for them. He sat by an empty table and one of the staffs ran to him. She was a young lady and she was all full of excitement.

"Annyeong hassayo, I am Victoria!" She introduced herself excitedly. Donghae bit his lower lip before trying to smile, "Hi," Victoria could not help but smile at him. "I am a really big fan of the Advanced Science Laboratories," she said, "I-"

"Get back to work, Victoria Song," someone said and she frowned. Victoria pouted and waved to Donghae reluctantly. Donghae didn't bare to let her go with him not saying much. "Victoria-ssi," he called, "I'll see you around?" Victoria turned with a smile and skipped happily away to the kitchen. Donghae smiled to himself before Hyoyeon came to the table.

"So the doctor was right, the advertising would work," she explained, "And look at you, those looks, caught the attention of so many girls." Donghae shook his head and waved his hand in disagreement, "Don't say that, Noona."

Hyoyeon shook her head, "Still so humble." She looked away to see if her order has came and it did. And it was Victoria who served the takeaways to them. Her cheeks were blushing, "Enjoy and see you again." She smiled uncontrollably.

"See you soon," he said before following Hyoyeon out of the cafe. 

~~~~~

Yoona bowed to everyone at the photoshoot set as the photographer announced that it has ended. "Thank you for the hard work," she said politely. Everyone clapped for her. Yoona was always so polite and nice to the staff or the crew. 

"Yoona," Yuri said as she saw Yoona walking in, "When you are no longer a rookie, you don't need to do all those 'thank you for the effort' kind of things." 

Yoona didn't make a comment. Yuri was another actress from her company, so she was like her senior. Yuri was not annoying or y as she always look like. She was a nice lady and she always looked after Yoona. Since Yoona's popularity has increased so much, she had a bigger responsibility to protect the rookie. Yuri knew the dangers Yoona may come to face with in the future.

"So I heard that my junior is a special guest at tonight's ASF," Yuri mentioned it when Joongki walked to Yoona. 

Yoona nodded. Yuri smiled, "Don't worry, Yoona. You will do well, trust me. I will be watching you," Yuri paused as the make-up artist did her cheeks. "You are going to be there?"

Yuri looked back, "I got myself a ticket, VIP ticket," she said. They both heard Yuri's name being called and it was her turn to get on set of the photoshoot. Yuri nodded as her manager tapped on her shoulder. "I will see you tonight, Yoong." Yoona waved good bye to Yuri. Yoona sighed as Joongki reminded her of the busy day that was ahead. Joongki smiled, "Don't worry, we can have one and a half hours before the radio interview. Let's go," he patted her back lightly.

They went to Joongki's car. Finally, Yoona could lie on a seat lazily, ignoring her image as a Korean star. Joongki smiled, "Don't you lie there sloppy, your fans are waiting by the exit-"

"Really?" She sat right back up. Yoona smiled as she drew down the windows, "Hey, guys," the fans screamings greeted her. Yoona loved to see the smiles on their faces. Yoona always get gifts, pink boxes, bento sets, flowers or stuffed toys. Joongki shook his head as Yoona stopped him from driving on to receive their gifts. 

She only take them because of Donghae.

She wished that she could receive more cookies and coffees from him. 

Or even a small yellow note.

Yoona put the gifts beside her. That is why she always sit at the back seat, so she could put the fan gifts on a side. "Yoona, I am going to the science fair later," she heard a young fan said. Yoona smiled at her, "Then I will see you in the front row when I get on stage, okay?" She giggled before waving at them. Yoona was about to close the windows and she saw a little girl in tears, looking lost. The little girl was pushed around. Well, of course, everyone was rushing to Yoona's car and they have all ignored the little girl. 

"My god," she opened the car door. Yoona heard Joongki questioning why she was leaving the car but she just kept her eyes on the child. The child was about six years old and Yoona had a soft heart for kids. 

"Don't you all see a child here?" she nearly screamed. Yoona covered when she realised that she just showed her anger to the crowd. She did not hestitate to pick the girl up, "Where are your parents, sweet heart?"

That was the same line Donghae said to a girl who was crying under the slide. 

"YeongWon ah," Yoona heard a voice. She turned to find it. The little girl pointed at a direction and that was when Yoona smiled, "Please make way for her mother, please, " she said politely to the people gathering around her. They did as they were told and the mother ran to her little child. Yoona could see that she also had been crying. "It's nothing, madam." Yoona nodded before going back into the car. Joongki smiled at her before driving on. 

They stopped as the traffic light turned red. 

"Oh, I almost forgot," he leaned over to the section of the other front seat and took out a letter, "Remember that one time, on a magazine interview, you said that you wished to work at a science lab?" Yoona took the letter as Joongki passed it to her. "Well, the KASEL is offering a three months course for you," Joongki grinned when Yoona's eyes glowed as she read. 

Yoona was always a fan of science, especially about the human body. Yoona was always fascinated by those studies. She wanted to wear a white coat someday. 

"It starts during the three months vacation," he explained, "Don't worry, it's just only on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays." He looked at her before he started the car again. Yoona nodded, "That's great, oppa! I can't wait!" Then she came to realise, that was only until four months of musical promotions. Joongki laughed as Yoona pouted to herself, "It will go really quick, science dreamer." He focussed on the road as Yoona shut her eyes slowly, falling into a sleep.

 

Yoona smiled when Victoria smiled back at her, "I saw something amazing, Yoona!"

On how they met, it was a late night. Yoona did not remember how but she ended up outside that cafe on Donghae's first death anniversary. It was raining and everyone were indoors. A long story short, Victoria took her into the cafe and served her free coffee. She brought Yoona home and sent her home the next morning. Ever since then, Yoona always went back to the same cafe if she needed coffee.

"I got something amazing to tell you too but you start first," Yoona grinned in excitement. 

"I saw the Robot Boy, the one on the KASEL building big screen," Victoria said, "I saw him, Yoona! I saw him! It is going to be at the fair tonight!" She held Yoona's hands, "Tell him that Victoria made it," she handed a blue box to Yoona. It contained a necklace and a long note. Yoona smiled, "He knows you?" Victoria crossed her arms proudly, "He said that he would see me around and soon. Oh my god, you wouldn't resist it if you hear him say my voice! He is so irresistable," Victoria lied on the table. 

"I see that my friend is in love with a robot-"

"It's THE Robot Boy."

Yoona laughed, "Okay, okay, missy." Victoria smiled at the actress. 

"So what is your amazing thing," Victoria sat back up, anticipating her friend's news. Yoona pulled out a letter, "The KASEL building invited me on a three months course there." Victoria's jaw dropped. "Not fair," she said in amazement, "That's like a dream come true, Yoona!"

"I know," Yoona folded it back and slipped it into her bag as their food was served. Joongki could not help but shake his head. The two girls frowned, "What's with the shaking head, grandpa," the two said together. Joongki backed down and digged in. Victoria had to get back to work. Yoona smiled as she waved back to her friend. 

Yoona was slurping on her drink when she heard Victoria gasping at the counter. She was speaking to a blonde haired girl. 

"He did?"

"Yes, here," the unknown girl to Victoria and handed over a paper bag, "He bought it, by himself for the first time. He told me that since you acted really friendly to him, he would like you to have it." 

"Thank him for me!" Victoria took it happily, "And thank you, unni!"

"Call me Hyoyeon instead, " she smiled, "I got to go back to the fair venue, see you soon!" Hyoyeon walked out of the cafe quickly and Victoria watched. She turned to Yoona after she served the last customer of the counter. She smiled at the customer before grabbing the paperbag and running back to Yoona's side. Joongki wiped his mouth before speaking, "I will be back," he headed off to the gents. Yoona turned to Victoria who was already in the opening of her gift. "For my entire life, no such sweet guy would give me a box of cupcakes," Victoria said when she saw the cupcakes. She opened up the note that he left for her.

I bought them at a bakery store near the science building, I hope that they are okay for you and hope you like it.

Victoria's face softened and slowly, she smiled. Yoona stared at the note, something really familiar. But it was probably herself, just thinking too much. She rubbed her head lightly, trying to hit the dizziness in her head. She must have been too tired. Victoria was too busy to notice that her friend was too exhausted, "Do you want to eat some raspberry chessecake?"

"Raspberry cheesecake?" Yoona's brows stitched her brows. No wonder she was having a headache. That scent of sweetness in the air, with the mix of cheese. Just thinking of the taste in , she felt sick. 

Raspberry cheesecake

"Donghae loved raspberry cheese cake." Yoona looked at the cake that was on the dining table of the Lee family's kitchen. Yoona was served a plate, along with a few of her classmates. Surprisingly, Tiffany was in tears. She pursed her lips tightly, trying to contain her screams in herself. Yoona was just in tears, her face was wet but she did not bother to wipe them away. She looked at the cake before looking back up, "May I?"

Mrs Lee nodded along with Mr Lee. Yoona picked up her fork slowly and cut the corner of the cake. No one ate the cake except her, they just watched. Jessica rubbed Yoona's back, "I know it is hard, Yoona, but don't force yourself."

Yoona shook her head, "No, I am not. Donghae loved this cake and.. and I just wanna taste it. Then at least.. I know what he used to like," Yoona was about to cry again but she shut it with another mouth of cake. After eating hers, she saw the others' plates still filled. As if she got permission, she took Jessica's share to herself. "Yoona," Jessica whispered but did not stop Yoona from eating on. 

"Yoona, you have to stop forcing it down yourself," Tiffany said when Yoona took her fourth cake. Before she took another mouth, she started crying again. "I-I-I-I just wanna know why, Tiffany, I just wanna know why he needed to go! He is gone now, gone, forever!" Jessica pulled Yoona into a hug and ignored the raspberry stains on her shirt. "I just wished that I knew that he loved raspberry cheesecake before it all happened, then at least he would have been happier of that another person loves him," Yoona said to Jessica, "Then he wouldn't think that he died unloved."

"Yoona," Yoona's eyes opened slowly and saw the concern faces of her manager and Victoria. She remembered that she nearly fell when she fainted. It was lucky that Joongki walked out and came to the table in time. She could have injuried herself in any way. Joongki heaved a sigh of relieve when she sat back up. "What happened?"

"You fainted because," he looked at Victoria and sighed, "Raspberry cheesecake." Victoria had already packed all of those away. She looked gulity, "Yoona, I didn't know that you were-"

"It is okay, Vic," Yoona smiled, "I didn't tell you." At that moment, Yoona looked at her watch. It was 3:04 PM and it was time they leave the cafe. Yoona patted Victoria's back to show that she was totally fine and Victoria did not need to worry a bit. Victoria nodded, "You be careful, okay?" Yoona smiled and gave her a hug, "I will. You better get to work before you get scolded for lazing around. Bye, Vic," Joongki opened the door for Yoona and walked out after her. 

"I better put all of those," Joongki pointed at the back seat, "at your house when you are at the radio station." Yoona nodded, "And don't forget to pick my girls up before you fetch me." Joongki nodded, like he had almost forgotten. Yoona lied in her seat comfortably, "I will take a quick nap first, oppa. Sweet dreams to me."

~~~~~

"Do I really have to go in?" Donghae was hestitant as he asked Hyoyeon. She nodded, "Well, everyone is here to see you and I do not want them to crawl all over your head and ruin your components. Plus, you are the main spotlight of this event so get on in," she opened the door. It was an enclosed little room. It was the shape of an egg and it had a red chair which Donghae could turn in. Hyoyeon pulled out Donghae's phone from his pocket, "You have this, remember?"

"I know but I don't think I can survive in there for four hours alone, noona," he whined. Hyoyeon shook her head, "Stop whining and get in, kiddo." He gave up but went it with a smile. When the doors shut, lights came on. Donghae grinned when he saw a screen appearing, "Hi, sir," that familiar voice that he always hear in the morning. "Sugarbabe! How did you get here?"

"I am a microchip that can put into many of Doctor's technology, sir," her lips formed into a smile, "Doctor said that I have to keep entertained-"

"You mean keep me accompany, all I need," he lied in the chair. The room was made of metal and was covered by a red cape. Hyoyeon pulled it with another helper from KASEL across the hall and up behind the curtains of the stage. She gave a light knock on the door, "Donghae, can you hear me?"

"Yes, noona."

"Listen to me, they will be calling you Robot Boy for the entire show because doctor didn't want to reveal your real identity, you understand?" Donghae nodded slowly, "Okay, noona."

"They will instruct you to press particular buttons later and Sugarbabe will remind you again, so you have nothing to worry," Hyoyeon said. Donghae looked around himself but there was no buttons, only himself, the chair and Sugarbabe on the screen. That was when Sugarbabe giggled, "Sir, the buttons are here," what appeared in front of him was a remote control which was connected to a wall. It was reachable so Donghae did not need to move much to get to it. "I will be back, Donghae. Hold on," Hyoyeon said before walking away. 

"She will be back, she said," Donghae said to Sugarbabe. Hyoyeon had been away from a hour and a half. Sugarbabe pursed her lips before she said, "But I am here, sir. I can speak to you, always."

"I know that, that is why I am still here." He looked at the screen with a smile, "I would really like some coke," he rubbed the back of his neck and pouted. His thoughts disappeared when he heard a voice from outside. 

"So, later, Yoona, you will be invited by the host to the stage and you stand there," the voice said. 

"Oh, but what is this?"

Donghae tried to follow the voice which had moved around the outside of the eggshell. 

"Noona? Is that you?" He asked but no one answered. Dongha wanted to exit but he heard Hyoyeon's voice speaking, "Don't touch that!" She sounded protective, for the first time to Donghae. He remained silent to listen on.

"What is that?" someone said.

"Robot Boy," Hyoyeon said it awkwardly, "Doctor says that no one should see or touch the main show for tonight." Donghae pouted as he looked back at the screen. "Our ambrassdor will see it sooner or later and I am sure it won't hurt, will it?" Donghae recongised that voice, that Liu girl that works in the Food Science department. Donghae was never told of her name except for her surname. 

"I am sorry, Amber, but it is the order from the Doctor." So her name's Amber. Donghae nodded before proceeding to voice out, "Noona, what is going on?" Everyone outside looked at the eggshell as Hyoyeon replied, "It's nothing, kid. It's fine out here. Just that someone wanted to go against the Doctor's orders by using the name of Korea's greatest musical actress. Don't try to use your fame around here, Miss Yoona." Hyoyeon glared at all of them. She stood by the eggshell and watched them.

"What's her problem," Jessica asked as they went in front of the curtains. Tiffany shrugged her shoulders, "Female scientists." Yoona shook her head, "She's just taking orders from her doctor, that's all." 

 

"The main show is starting soon, in fifteen minutes," the host said into the microphone, "Audiences, please take your seats quickly."

"I am nervous, Sugarbabe," Donghae said as he heard. Sugarbabe smiled, "You will do fine, sir." Donghae nodded, "Then I trust you, Sugarbabe. For Department Human Science," he encouraged himself along with Sugarbabe's support. He just waited and waited. 

"Let's welcome, our greatest musical actress, Im Yoona," Donghae heard. There were applause and cheers from the crowd. Donghae clapped to himself, "We even have an idol at our event here, Sugarbabe. Isn't that amazing?" Sugarbabe smiled with her teeth revealed, agreeing to his statement. Her speech was nice and sweet, which Donghae enjoyed. "She sounds nice, really nice. How I wish I saw her though," he mumbled to himself. 

"Now, let's invite Im Yoona to remove the red cape off," everyone cheered even louder. They were all there to see Korea's first human robot, the Robot Boy. Yoona smiled to the host, "Thank you." She walked to it as the red curtains were drawn and people rolled the eggshell out. "Oh my god, Sugarbabe, I am so nervous." Sugarbabe smiled, "Don't be, sir. Even though I don't have hands to give you a pat on the shoulder, I am with you spiritually." Donghae smiled, "Thank you."

Yoona pulled the red cape and revealed the metal eggshell. 

"Don't worry, guys. Our Robot Boy is in there," then the cheers got louder. The host laughed a little before speaking on, "Do you hear me, Robot Boy?" Donghae nodded to himself, forgetting the fact that he couldn't be seen. Sugarbabe reminded him that he had to reply back. 

"Yes!"

They all heard a faint voice from there. The host smiled, "Please press the red button on the remote control."

Donghae stitched his brows, "What buttons?" He whispered and once again, Sugarbabe told him of the remote control not faraway from him. To him, it seemed nothing changed. He doubt himself before looking at the screen again but it had already disappeared. But the cheers got louder. 

From outside, everyone could see him. Yoona heard shoutings from Tiffany and Jessica. Yoona was not a good lip reader, "What?" she asked and the two were lipping words Yoona could not figure out. All she understood was the finger pointing. She looked at the direction, which was at the eggshell. She couldn't really understand. She could see Robot Boy's side profile, and that was all. 

"Okay, we would like Robot Boy to see the audiences now because the red button only allows us to see him. So, Robot Boy, please press the green button. Donghae leaned over and pressed it. The light that hit him was bright and slowly he adapted to it. "Wow," he stood up. He smiled to the audience and gave them small waves. He turned to look around and he came face to face with the actress beside him. Donghae did the same, he smiled at her and waved her with both hands. He found her really charming and a beauty. He bit his lower lip in shyness.

Yoona stared at him, shocked. She swallowed hard. He looked so real to her or was she dreaming? It was impossible that she was in a dream. Yoona covered before looking back at her girls. Tiffany tried to get to the stage and Jessica was still shock at her seat. She inhaled in and out slowly. Yoona couldn't burst into tears at that moment, to be on the headlines of the entertainment news wasn't needed. Yoona swallowed hard before containing her tears in herself. 

"Robot Boy, press the grey button and say hello to the audience."

Donghae pressed it before speaking, "Hel-lo?" He smiled again when the audience clapped. "Hello, everyone." Yoona gasped, "My god." That was when Donghae turned to her, "Hello, Yoona," he looked as different to her. Not just robotic, so happy and cheerful. He went on and said, "You remind me of times when I get to eat raspberry cheesecake. I don't.. I don't know why either." He giggled and the audience all sat down. Donghae heard Hyoyeon's voice, "Hey, time to come out of the eggshell. He turned and smiled. Donghae walked out of it and he was given another seat. 

"It is okay, I have been sitting for four hours but thank you," he said to one of the helpers. 

Yoona couldn't believe it.

And she had finally realised that it was what she was looking for, what she has always doubt.

Donghae came back to her and alive.

************************************************

 

 

If you guys have followed me on instagram [@i_do_believeinfaires], I posted a drawing of one of my characters:

I hope you guys enjoyed chapter 1 and I have a poll for you wondeful readers!

Since I am in a great mood, follow me on instagram and comment on that Sugarbabe fanart with #projectr

I will give you a follow back! 

I don't think anyone would do that.

I love you all!

Subscribe, comment, upvote!