Cha: 003

[DISCONTINUED] That Corner Hides a Pair of Eyes

 

The sight of her blood trickling down her hand sends shivers down my spine. 
The way she tried to reach for my hand pains me, for i, didnt do anything.
She called my name numerous times, but i froze and did nothing. 
I watch as he deliver the finishing blow that ended her existance.
Her existance that never failed to put a smile in anyone's faces. 
Her existance that made someone's life warm . . .
It was my fault. 
I made their lives dark. 
Its the reason why i face death everyday.
Because i watch someone take their last breath.
________________________________________________________
 
I froze when i saw him. He still had that determined look to take my eyes off.
I dont even know why.
He slowly walked towards me, i try to run, but my legs wont let me. 
I'm in deep trouble.
He pushed me down the cold wet ground, hard. 
I only look at him with terrified eyes. He smirked, because he can see the scared look in my face. He must be thinking that i'm a coward again.
Is it really that fun to see a coward run? I dont know. But whenever i look at the mirror, i see one. That coward had such pained expression all the time, but he wasnt running away. He just stares back with empty eyes.
 
Uncle crouched down beside me and grabbed my hair forcefully. 
I wince.
He held my face and the blade closer and closer to my eyes but stopped, and he laughed.
 
"Such a coward." He said while laughing. "Now  you know how it feels to be in the clutches of death just like sunny." 
 
I stared at him and he laughed again. Histerically.
 
"You're the reason why my adopted daughter's dead."
 
He firmly grabbed my aching face and placed the sharp blade near my eyes.
"You took everyone's happiness away, and for that you deserve to die!" 
He slashed the bottom of my eye, making me scream in pain. 
 
"AAAAAHHHHHGGKK!!"
 
A few tears escape my eyes before i managed to push him away. He laughed as he fall down the pavement. I stood up with woobling feet and ran away from him. 
I heard his footsteps behind mine, and felt death closer to me than it ever was.
 
I let my tears mix with my blood. I saw a lamp post and stood in its light, feeling the cold rain wet my tired body. I want to rest. I've been running away eversince this morning . . . I want to stop. 
 
I heared my name being called out "KIM SUNGGYU!!" 
As much as i wanted to rest, i still want to live. I ran again into the darkness and suddenly rammed into something hard yet soft. A person. 
I feel my legs,  finally giving up, and so i fell down. The stranger held me as we both fell down. I held his arms, because i was afraid. I felt like i need to hold on to something or else i'll dissappear. I hung my head down and started crying . . 
I want everything to stop. I'm tired and sick of being weak, but i have no other choice. 
The stranger  pulled me into a hug and caressed my hair, convincing me that everything will be fine. Someone ran past us and approached my uncle. I heared a body being slammed against the pavement and struggling. 
 
"KIM SUNGGYU-SSI!!" He shouted, and i flinch. 
"YOU JUST WAIT AND I'LL DEFINATELY TAKE YOUR EYES OFF!"
I let go of my grip from the stranger's arm and covered my face and started crying harder. That cold blade against my skin . . . That was all i remember from it. I dont want to be in pain again, i'm tired of being tired.
I was finally letting myself get calmer when i suddenly felt that familliar grip on my head and drag me away from that stranger, uncle. 
 
He grabbed my hair and bangged it against a wall, over and over again. I tried to stop him but i was feeling weak, and so i finally decided to succumb to the pain. He slammed it over and over again and i feel hot liquid run down  my face. 
He suddenly stopped and was pulled away from me and was dragged off to somewhere. The stranger from before hugged me and yelled my name over and over again, i want him to stop, but i dont have the energy to say anything. Then 2 gunshots were heard.
 
I feel my chest getting tighter. My heart's finally giving up aswell. I still had my eyes open starring into the nothingness . . 
I felt the stranger carry me in his back and into a car. The people inside sounded panicky and the stranger from earlier was commanding the driver to go home. 
 
'Home?' I thought. 'Are they uncle's accomplice?' 
I still had my eyes open as i try to catch my breath. I looked at the stranger beside me to get a good look into his face before i go up to the sky. 
 
I was shocked to see the face of the stranger, because i knew him from that hellish school. His name . . . Nam woohyun.
 
How come someone like him would help me? Arent all my classmates after my pain? To see me suffer? Why is he helping me?
 
We reached their mansion and he carried me into his back again. 
I couldnt hear anything anymore and everything in my sight is a blurr. 
But i was still able to I see him talk to a maid to get someone and dashed off upstairs, into a room. The room had his scent, it must be his. 
 
He lied me down and stared at me with such looks of disbelief, i stared back, trying to get a clear view of his face. 
A man came in wearing a white coat and also looked at me in horror. 
'Do i look that bad?' I asked myself.
 
The man clagged in white asked woohyun to go out, and he did, hesitantly.
He stared at me while his arms crossed. My eyes are starting to burn, and i tear up. People went into the room carrying various machines and placed them beside the bed. The man clagged in white went into a room and changed his clothes. A man wearing a male nurse outfit came in and hooked me into the machines. He inserted dextrose into my right arm. He also hooked up a machine with a monitor that shows lines that goes up and down. 
 
The man clagged in white now came out of that room with a new set of clothes. He looks like a surgeon now. He must be a doctor then.
 
"Dr. kang " said the male nurse in a stern voice. "His heart's slowly stopping. We're losing him." 
 
"Get the oxygen mask ready now, And put him to 'sleep'. " Said Dr. Kang. "Prepare for surgery. This is going to be a long night." 
 
The male nurse fitted an oxygen mask into my face. He injected something into my dextrose using a syrindge. I feel my eyes getting heavy immidiately but i tried to fight the sleep. 
 
Dr. Kang is now wearing mask and gloves. He leans into me and whispers something into my ears. "Sleep" he said. 
 
His voice sounded calm and comforting. I did what he said. I slept.
________________________________________________________
 
I gave a glance at the wide window to my right, and saw the sky turning indigo.
It must be dawn now. I guess, i've waited for a long time now. 
Noel's no longer with me. He looked tired hours ago and i told him to sleep.
He asked me to do the same but i told him 
 
"i cant, they're using my room right now. And i dont sleep anywhere else but there." He chuckled, bid goodnight, and left. 
 
I'm still waiting with my arms crossed across my chest, and my right foot tapping against the carpeted floor. I need to know what's going on now. 
I'm getting impatient now. 
 
I felt my eyes getting heavy, when suddenly, Dr. Kang opened the door. Taking my sleepiness away. 
 
"You're still here!?" He said. Looking shocked.
"Anyway, he's fine now. I found out that he has a weak heart. His condition was made worse due to strenous activities, such as running all day, staying in the rain, phsycological stress, and physicall pain. It took me awhile because i have to do an operation on his heart. He's not taking medication too, which makes it more worse than it should be. He also has a high fever right now because of pnenomonia" Dr. Kang checked his papers and said "42 degrees."
 
I widened my eyes in shock, i didnt know someone can get such a life-threatning tempreture. 
 
"I had to put him in a chemical induced coma to stop any further damages in his nervous system. The dousage wasnt that much so he might wake up 5 weeks from now with a headache. Call me if that happens." Dr. Kang stoped talking and looked down on the floor. He looked like a kid who wants to say something but is afraid to do so.
 
"Those bruises . . " he said "where did he get those? He even had a cut under his eye. His back was wounded, thank-goodness it didnt reach any fatal nerves. His head was continuesly bleeding, thank-God his head wasnt fractured or else we'd be in deep trouble. Does he cut himself? Because He has a long sharp cut in his wrist." He sighed. "What's happening to him?" 
 
I looked at him with seriousness in my eyes and said "the world hates him"
Dr. Kang stared back into my eyes and i held my powerfull gaze. He took a step closer and held my shoulders. "Woohyun." He called out. "Protect him. He's too precious-looking to die . . . I'll visit him everyday, so no need to worry." 
With that, he took his hands back and walked away with a bow, including his assistant following him from behind. I stared at their seluates for awhile and finally remembered that i still had to do something. 
 
I need to see him.
 
I walked inside my dark room and saw him lying on my bed with machines attached to him. A steady beep from a machine can be heared in the room. 
He had an oxygen mask on and was sleeping soundly. I noticed that he had diffrent clothes on, Dr. Kang must have taken the liberty of rumaging through my closet and changing his clothes. I giggled at that thought. 
 
I walked towards the bed and crouched beside it. I observe him as he sleeps soundly without a care in the world. I touched his forehead and he feels hot, hotter than any person i've touched felt before. 
 
42 really is a high number afterall.
 
Looking at him with a calm expression in his face made my worries go away. 
I felt my eyes getting heavy again. I wanted to sleep in the bed, but he needs it more than i do, even though the bed is big enough for two people.
 
I grabbed a pillow and a blanket and made my way towards the cream colored sofa in my room i layed down there and slept.
 
I've decided. I wont go to school tomorrow. 
I've worried for him hard enough today and i also need to rest.
________________________________________________________
 
I didnt go to school yesterday, and now i will. 
Nothing intersting happened yesterday, i just watch him as he sleeps soundly.
I poked his face from time-to-time, but noel would only tell me to stop. 
And i do, only to continue when he's gone. 
 
I walked towards the school building with my bag hanging on my right shoulder. 
Swarms of girls approached me with worried looks on their faces. I stopped in my tracks and looked at them wide-eyed.
 
"Oppah, are you alright? You went missing yesterday. We thought loser-gyu took you away from us." 
 
Their words sicken me. I wanted to yell at them and tell them that they're wrong. He's not like that. But i must keep my cool or else i might speak out of line and maybe would end making Sunggyu's life and mine, worse. 
 
I flashed my amazing smile and answered her "i'm fine. Besides, i can protect myself from him, i know mixed martial arts ya~know. I was abscent yestersay because i went out of town and went home late. I figured i had to rest so i stayed home." 
 
She smiled back "i thought he killed you!" 
 
Something snapped in me when i heared that . .
Murderous . . Is that what they think he is? 
He's not even the one who killed Sunny. It was his dad.
If only they could see the sight of him losing his breath over something that he didnt even do, that will definately change their minds. 
I suddenly got the urge to post that video in the school's website . . But its not time yet. There's something that needs to be done first.
 
I smiled again, even though it was against my feelings, and walked away. 
I sat down in my chair and removed the contents of my bag.
 
'5 weeks will go by fast.' I told myself. 
The class started and i wrote everything i could, but stopped, when my thoughts kept on flying elsewhwere. 
 
Nothing intersting happened that day.
________________________________________________________
 
//Noel's P.O.V//
 
I searched anything i can about Sunggyu's uncle. Mostly, i find the usual ones.
 
Name: Kim Cheolhyun
Age: 38
Date of birth: 11-17-75
Gender: M
Adress: xx-xxxx-seoul, korea
Job: unknown
Status: deceased
 
Etc . . . Etc . . . 
 
This is too 'normal' for someone as brutal as him.
I recieved stacks of paper this morning, everything about the kim family.
Still . . . All is too normal for people like them.
Then something caught my eye.
 
Kim Cheolhyun:
          Adopted a girl at XXXXX orphanage at 11-02-08
Name: Sunny Yoo
Age: 14
Date of birth: 4-28-95
Gender: F
Adress: unknown
Status: student, deceased (died at 11-17-12)
 
She an adopted daughter of Mr. Cheolhyun?!
Sunny yoo . . The girl who Sunggyu's dad killed at the day of Mr. Cheolhyun's birthday . . That explains everything.
 
14 . . . So she was 18 yrs old when she died. She's too young.
 
I rummaged through the stacks of folders and papers and found something peculiar. 
 
A folder with the seoul's national police department seal.
 
I looked inside and found something.
 
Name: kim Cheolhyun  (real name) Slasher (nickname)
Age: 38
Reports: attempted murder and hommicide, ual assult, theft, roberry, illegal possesion of drugs and fire arms.
Occupation: underground drug lord. 
Status: currently in hiding. (Deceased) 
 
I closed the folder, afraid of finding anything else about him. 
He was a blemish in everyway. 
Why would he even addopt a girl?! 
Why would he even be angry towards the death of a single person, when he himslef killed countless of lives for money? 
This just dosent make any sense . . 
I skimmed the papers inside of every folder. 
The more i read, the more confusing the situation.
 
"I need coffee" i told myself.
I walked out of the mansion's library to get some coffee.
I didnt close the windows causing the stacks of paper to fly away when a strong wind blew.
Making that most vital information to disappear into the air.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
sorry for the boring chapter XD
 
i'll upload the next one to make it up to you readers (if i have one TwT)