Chapter 8

Grown-up Kids!

Kyungsoo have to admit that since the time Jongdae was born, he didn't have much time in allowing his last two sons the opportunity to play with the children at their apartment building. Both Jaehyun and Kyungmi had their share of playing with the other kids and they also had their share of fun playing with his best friends' children. Now that Chanyeol and Baekhyun's youngest child, Minseok turned two and Luhan and Sehun's youngest boy, Zitao e, the trio thought that it is about time to let their kids bond. A part of Kyungsoo felt that it was a pity that Joonmyun was shy when he was about Jongdae's age but he was glad that Baekhyun is babysitting his Chinese neighbour's son, Yixing who is the same age as Joonmyun.

 

Kyungsoo prepared the things that he need to bring over the Parks. After the trio took more than week to plan for this play date, they decided that this is the right time to have their kids to go on a play date. The older ones will be playing at the backyard some of the games that they played in school which according to them, it is 'dangerous' to have babies to take part of it. So while the older ones played in the backyard, the younger ones will be playing in the comforts of Baekhyun and Chanyeol's home. Anyway, Kyungsoo is still afraid of letting Joonmyun and Jongdae out of sight.

 

Kyungsoo took all the bags that he prepared and a basket filling in all the kimchi spaghetti that he prepared that morning to set off to the Parks. Kyungsoo rushed out of the room and found both Jaehyun and Kyungmi walking to their family car. Kyungsoo smiled tenderly because he was happy that the both of them are more matured since the time Joonmyun and Jongdae were born. It feels like they knew as the hyung and noona, they have to set a good example. Kyungsoo was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Jongdae squealed chasing after his hyung.

 

“Hyung~ Come here! Jongdae wants to paint your face,” Jongdae ran as fast as his two little feet can take him.

 

“Don't wanna!” Joonmyun protested as he hid in between Kyungsoo's legs.

 

“NO! LET ME PAINT YOUR FACE NOW!” Jongdae said angrily. Joonmyun scrunched up his face at how his brother's tone changed. And the next thing they knew, Joonmyun started wailing.

 

Jaehyun who heard the ruckus from the front door, helped Kyungsoo to take Jongdae away and buckled his little brother on the car seat. Jongdae was flailing his arms screaming that Joonmyun cried just because he wanted his umma's attention. Jongdae stopped his protesting when Jaehyun explained to his brother that what he did was wrong. Just like Jongin, Jongdae listened to Jaehyun well. Jongdae sulked the whole car ride to the Parks, his thumb. He would complain about Joonmyun every now and then who wasn't bothered by it a single bit.

 

-

 

The moment they reached the Parks, both Jaehyun and Kyungmi ran to their backyard looking for their friends. Or maybe Jaehyun's future, Hana. They made it to the backyard and found Hana already there playing. Kyungmi walked back to Kyungsoo wondering what was wrong with his only daughter and found that she was sulking. “What's wrong, honey? Why don't you play with hyung and noona?” Kyungsoo asked as he tried walking to the living room with Kyungmi grabbing his pants and Joonmyun holding on to his right hand a wriggling Jongdae in his left arm.

 

“Why is Daejung oppa not here?” Kyungmi asked, the pout still evident on her face.

 

“He's not here? Oh that means Aunty Luhan and Zitao is not here too,” Kyungsoo stated. He settled Jongdae down on the couch in the Parks apartment and Joonmyun sat obediently beside his brother who wanted nothing but to get down and look for his Minseokkie.

 

Kyungsoo was about to look for Baekhyun but he was stopped by Joonmyun,”Umma? Is Yixing coming today?” He asked. Kyungsoo realised that since the time he brought Jongdae to play with Minseok and Joonmyun (who met Yixing there too) have taken a liking on the Chinese boy who happens to be both Chanyeol and Baekhyun's neighbour's son.

 

“I'm not sure, honey. Now, the three of you will listen to umma and sit here quietly while I look for Aunty Baekkie,” Kyungsoo said pecking all of their foreheads.

 

Kyungsoo went to Minseok's nursery and found Baekhyun changing Minseok into a new set of clothes with a wide-eyed Yixing watching the whole scene. Baekhyun picked Minseok up and carefully placed him on the floor. Baekhyun smiled when he found Kyungsoo standing at the doorway, smiling up at him. “I see the four of you invited yourselves in,” Baekhyun said.

 

“Well, was gonna tell my kids to wait for you to open up but they were just excited to play. Jongdae was excited to see Minseokkie and Joonmyun was asking me about Yixing,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

The duo walked out of the nursery and head for the living room. Kyungsoo was surprised that all three of his kids were still sitting down quietly. It was like he just left them a second ago. But what shocked him the most was that Jongdae listened to him and did not make a fuss out of everything. Well, Kyungsoo might say this is the effect that Minseok had on his youngest and most mischievous son. Jongdae's ears picked up when he heard Minseok squealed a loud hyung. But he just stayed in his seat waiting for his umma to give him the signal. Kyungsoo nodded at Jongdae and the latter ran up to his favourite dongsaeng, showering him with kisses. While they are at it, both Joonmyun and Yixing's eyes lit up when they noticed one another and ran into the other's embrace. It have been a week and it always surprised Kyungsoo how the pair always missed one another. Kyungmi sat at the side pouting because she realised that Daejung is not coming at all. She then decided to teach the younger ones some of the games she learned when she was their age.

 

Both Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sat on the kitchen island. Kyungsoo had a steaming hot tea in one hand as he watched their kids getting along with one another. Kyungsoo chuckled at the thought of how childish the six of them used to be before they became parents. The birth of their kids thought them a lot. It thought them how to be more independent because they realised that the kids are now dependent on them and this definitely mature their spouses a lot.

 

“What are you chuckling about?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“Nothing. I just found it funny. It was about eight years ago when all of us were just fresh university graduates. Too immature to even handle a kid and look at us now! All of us are blessed with beautiful children,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“Well, if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't think that my Channie would change and take over his father's business,” Baekhyun replied.

 

Both of them continued chatting about their lives which obviously include their past. But what surprised the both of them was how they always planned both Hana and Jaehyun's wedding in the future. They talked and the kids played till both Jongin and Chanyeol got off from work. The fathers walked into the living room with lego blocks, pillows and blankets all over the place. It may be because Kyungmi suggested that they played lego and later on built a fortress out of pillows and blankets where all of them were huddled up together. Kai walked into the kitchen backhugging Kyungsoo and pecked both of his cheeks and lastly his lips. Chanyeol did the same to Baekhyun but their kiss was more intense because it involves tongue. It escalated when Chanyeol took one of Baekhyun's legs, wrapping around his waist.

 

“Okay, guys. Finish this up after we go home and the kids are asleep,” Kai said with an accusing finger.

 

The couple smirked at Kai and pecked each other's lips one last time before the four proceeded to the living room picking their kids up one by one. Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo squealed internally when they found Minseok sleeping on Jongdae's chest on his thumb while Jongdae had a arm wrapped protectively around the chubby boy's waist. Jongdae groaned in his sleep when Jongin picked him up but settled his head on his father's shoulder later on. Both Kyungsoo and Jongin made it home safely despite having difficulties carrying their kids up to the bedroom.

 

Kyungsoo tucked Jongdae in the bed kissing his forehead and went back to his and Jongin's shared bedroom. Jongin had his arms wide open as an invitation for Kyungsoo to cuddle with him,”How was your day, baby?” Jongin asked trailing kisses down Kyungsoo's neck.

 

“Wonderful. I really can't remember the last time I had the kids all to myself,” Kyungsoo replied.

 

“Mmhmm. Glad you liked it,” Jongin replied as one of his hands slipped into Kyungsoo's shirt flicking one of the buds.

 

“No, not today, Jongin. I am exhausted. Why don't we just go to sleep?” Kyungsoo said as he leaned into Jongin's strong arms.

 

A/N: hi guys! im back and school have been so tiring these days. its only the first week and i am already exhausted. BUT! I AM GOING FOR INFINITE'S CONCERT TOMORROW! DEFINITELY SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO! and this is kinda baeksoo centric.

BabyShawol : Lay's appearance

hanadylaila : Chenmin's play date 

xoxo.