Chapter 4

Grown-up Kids!

Kyungsoo wasn't surprised that Jongdae did not turn out like his hyung, Joonmyun. In fact, he wasn't even surprised that the kid turned out to be like his other hyung and noona, mischievous. At the tender age of one, Jongdae was already capable of throwing things at his Joonmyunnie hyung. And now, he is starting to throw things at Kyungsoo. He would throw a fit whenever his umma tried to feed him his milk. He would smack Kyungsoo's face real hard and throw the bottle of milk on the ground. But Kyungsoo being the nice umma he is, he would always try to calm the boy down. But one thing that Kyungsoo understood, his children are afraid of Jongin. Whenever Jongin tells them to stop being mean to their umma, they would obediently listen to him. Jongdae would only drink his bottle of milk only if he is in his father's arms. Sometimes, Kyungsoo wondered what he is lacking in because from what he know, children are especially close to their mothers than they are with their fathers. Other than that, Kyungmi have always been cooperative lately and she have been clinging onto Daejung oppa a lot lately. A lot. As for Jaehyun and Hana, nothing changed much except for the fact that they have been planning their wedding which will be held 10 years down the room. Note to self: they are only 17 and 18 respectively.

 

Kyungsoo was about to lay down in bed that night, when he heard a loud thud coming from Joonmyun's room. He was about to get out from bed to look at what happened but he was pushed back down by his husband, “Let me get this.” He said. “I know you're exhausted right now,” Jongin continued as he placed a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead.

 

Kyungsoo was about to protest because he was sure that Joonmyun would rather have him by his side than Jongin. That is one thing that never changed in the four-year old. He is still stuck to his umma. But for Jongdae, he is an independent one-year old boy who somewhat claims that he doesn't need his mother. Kyungsoo was brought out of his thoughts once again when Jongin came walking in with a crying Joonmyun by his side and a wriggling and irritated Jongdae in his arms.

 

“Told you I should have come with you,” Kyungsoo mumbled as he took Joonmyun into his arms.

 

“Joonie, baby, what's wrong, hmm? Come on tell umma,” Kyungsoo cooed.

 

Joonmyun only hiccuped as he is a sobbing mess right now. Kyungsoo didn't need Joonmyun to answer his question because the moment Jongin came into the room with his last two children in tow, he knew very well that it might be Jongdae's fault. Kyungsoo shot Jongin a look in begging the younger to at least talk to Jongdae about it. Jongdae may be a one-year old but he knows very well when his father scolded him for something that he did.

 

Jongin brought Jongdae back to his shared bedroom with Joonmyun and talked things out with the one-year old, telling him that it is not right to throw his stuffed toys or this time, hid wooden block on his hyung. He have to learn how to respect his hyung when he grows older. Jongdae only sat there pinching his father's nose and nodding in response like he understood everything that was going on.

 

When Jongin came back into the room, he found his Kyungsoo cuddling Joonmyun to bed after applying cream on the red bump that was on the boy's forehead. Jongin sighed because he won't be getting his alone time with Kyungsoo. It have always been like this since the birth of Jongdae because Kyungsoo would be too tired to pleasure his husband because of his children antics. And Kyungsoo would mumble something about wanting more kids like Joonmyun.

 

“Looks like it's gonna be the three of us in bed instead of two then. No more alone time then,” Jongin mumbled.

 

“I heard that Kim Jongin,” Kyungsoo replied as he drifted off to sleep.