Chapter 3

Grown-up Kids!

There is two types of pain that Kyungsoo can never bear: injections and labour pains. One thing for sure, his baby is extremely active and have been sitting on his bladder. He keeps on telling himself that maybe it is just his imagination because he is not due till three weeks from now. But he couldn't deny the fact that his stomach starts to hurt so badly since the time he woke up. Jongin, who noticed that Kyungsoo have been wincing in pain the whole morning, offered that he should stay by Kyungsoo's side because he was worried and sure as hell that they will have their fourth child earlier than the due date. But Kyungsoo insisted that Jongin went to the cafe and he would give the younger a call if he was sure that it is the contractions.

 

Kyungsoo was standing at the kitchen counter, preparing lunch for his family. Jaehyun and Kyungmi were surprisingly quiet and cooperative today. Kyungsoo suspected that maybe Jongin was the one who told their kids to behave themselves because their baby brother or sister is arriving soon. Kyungsoo wasn't complaining about it but in fact he was grateful that his kids are not giving him a headache.

 

After placing their lunch on the dining table, Kyungsoo made his way to the rooms to tell his kids that lunch is ready and their dad will be home soon. He picked Joonmyun up from the ground and placed him safely around his hips despite his protuding belly. But Joonmyun was smart enough to lock his small arms around his mother's neck in order for him not to fall.

 

He went to his older kids room but the moment he stood in front of the door, he felt a wave of pain hitting him at the bottom of his belly. He did not feel it but his water broke. “Umma, why are you peeing there?” Kyungmi asked innocently.

 

“I did not Kyungmi-ah. Now go and eat your lunch before appa gets home,” Kyungsoo said.

 

“But really! Umma! Look! There's a pool of water there!” Kyungmi pointed.

 

Kyungsoo looked down and realised that his water just broke and he needs to get to the hospital. “Jaehyun, call your appa to get home quickly,” Kyungsoo said as he gasped for air.

 

Kyungmi grabbed Kyungsoo hands and walked him to the couch settling him down slowly. “Umma, is dongsaeng coming out soon?” she asked.

 

“Urgh, yes baby,” Kyungsoo replied in between pants.

 

-

 

Jongin came bursting into the door and scooped Kyungsoo into his arms before bringing him into the car. He called both Chanyeol and Baekhyun to look after his children while he drove Kyungsoo to the hospital. He was spewing curses because he was mad that Kyungsoo insisted that their baby isn't coming soon despite all the contractions. He muttered things like he should have stayed home so that he can bring Kyungsoo to the hospital sooner. Kyungsoo who was surprisingly calm just watched Jongin lecturing him.

 

They reached the hospital just on time for the delivery because by then the contractions were five mintues apart. And according to their doctor that they are ready for their fourth-born. After being in the hospital for four times including this one, Kyungsoo is still as afraid of needles as he was the first time he had Jaehyun. He was gripping onto Jongin for dear life because he claimed that this was the most painful out of all his children back at home. After what feels like hours for Kyungsoo, the doctor announced that he is cutting the umbilical cord that connects Kyungsoo to his baby.

 

“Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Kim! It's a boy!” The doctor exclaimed and with that Kyungsoo passed out due to fatigue.

 

-

 

The next time he woke up, he found his family and friends sitting around and talking. He found Jaehyun and Hana sitting extremely close. Joonmyun was fast asleep on Luhan's chest which was a surprise for Kyungsoo because Joonmyun would only sleep when he is in Kyungsoo's arms. The after effects of being a hyung then. He was taken out his reverie when Jongin came into the room who a bundle of joy wrapped in a baby blue blanket. Jongin smiled the smile that never fail to melt his heart. Jongin placed the baby on his chest and sat on the bed next to Kyungsoo. The rest awed looking at how the couple manage to have this number of kids seeing Kyungsoo's small structure.

 

“What's his name?” They asked.

 

“Jongdae. Kim Jongdae,” the couple replied at the same time as Jongdae wriggled in Kyungsoo's arms.

 

But the families did not miss Jaehyun saying, “Hana noona! You will be the mother to all my babies.”

 

Chanyeol was fuming mad listening to that but he said that Jongin is forgiven because they just have a newborn and he did not want to start a fight. Chanyeol was sure as hell that he can never accept someone of Jongin blood line to marry his one and only baby girl.